Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State (25129 Views)

The Sorry State Of Oyigbo Portharcourt/aba Expressway / Akwa Ibom Government Lodge In Lagos In Dilapidated State. Photos / What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by PHILipu1(m): 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
raker300:
Amechi ruled for 8 years and you want wike to fix every road in 2 years?
And people like you want Buhari and APC to fix Nigeria within 2 years even though PDP couldn't do it for 16 years.
#Doublestandard

4 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Iruosonobrugwhe: 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
Exactly> people have built houses on Right of way, some even have well heads in their compounds

Adminisher:

Obigbo was an oil field turned into a community. The entire community is illegal. The governments of Anthony Ukpo, Ada George and those who came after them should have stamped down hard

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by frankmoney(m): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2017
raker300:
with this mentality we can say Jonathan rules for 6 years and you want Buhari to fix everything in 2 ?

3 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by judgedredd22(m): 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
My observations

From the pictures, it is deductible to note, that there is nonexistence of drainage channels,

It could also be inferred that, there is a mindless indiscriminate encroachment of buildings on the drainages if if their existentiality is beyond skepticism,

Another dimension to this, could be that the drainages have been stuffed with debris, making it impassable for downpours.

If the government decides to take drastic measures, I hope the people will give give a formidable assistance and not pose any form of resistance.

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by hgnbello(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2017
na wa oooh...
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
kimbraa:
Oyigbo is an LGA on it's own. Wike can't be doing the responsibility of the Oyibo local government chairman, what do they do with their allowance and royalty from the companies in the LGA?.

Some of these people would rather collect money and eat than have their roads fixed.

And what makes you feel rivers state has functional LG chairmen who receive allocations.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by alaskido(m): 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
hehehehehehe grin grin grin grin... Wike is working cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 31, 2017
The zoo governors and laziness....

Ameachi wasted good 8 years as a governor without attending to that road, even this road road below in pipeline farm road off Eneka in port harcourt, now Wike is about to abandon his own now he's a governor of the state.

When a zoo politicians forcing their ways in to government, the habitants of the zoo suffered. APC and PDP politicians are lazy set of politicians in the whole world, even their supporters are not helping matters.

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Amarabae(f): 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
My people don suffer, what a sad thing to be a victim of ethnic politics,
had it been we deigbonised ourselves,they will have payed bit attention to oyigbo,
shame,
the evil that men do,
I will not mind an ogoni governor in 2019,
ikwerre governors no try for oyigbo matter

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by szymanski(m): 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
Amaechi destroyed oyigbo during his tenure

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Kingspin(m): 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
Wike should save his face urgently ...

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2017
arinzeejikonye:
My observations

From the pictures, it is deductible to note, that there is nonexistence of drainage channels,

It could also be inferred that, there is a mindless indiscriminate encroachment of buildings on the drainages if if their existentiality is beyond skepticism,

Another dimension to this, could be that the drainages have been stuffed with debris, making it impassable for downpours.

If the government decides to take drastic measures, I hope the people will give give a formidable assistance and not pose any form of resistance.
Correct

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
raker300:
That's not an excuse. Wine can do better instead shouting on the top of his voice

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
obailala:
Same way some people troll about blaming APc/buhari for not fixing everything in Nigeria in 2 years of recession even though the people they supported spent 16 years.

On a serious note, if this road is investigated, I woyldnt be surprised that funds to fix it has been released several times in the past, but the cash ended up in someone's pocket.
Exactly
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by BestySam(m): 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
zxcvb:
Rivers state is a glorified village

Osun state is more developed and better than Rivers

the only city dey can boast of is PH which is currently an eye sore..

Every other town in Rivers state is in poo

Oga there are many towns in Rivers State that Oshogbo cannot even come close.
Just say what you know.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by degamemaster(m): 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
jesse8048:
It baffles me how there's no single good road in oyigbo yet you see oil wells scattered all over the place. You can't drive into or out of oyigbo without crying for your cars. This government promised to take care of this before election but nothing for about 2 years now. The mbano camp/old aba road started few weeks ago has been abandoned. Why.....
My brother it's a sad situation whereby, the fowl that lays the golden egg is left to be going hungry. I lived in obigbo, Don Simon Ave precisely for 10yrs and I can tell you that obigbo as a local govt area is not benefiting anything as a major contributor to the rivers state wealth and Nigerian as a whole. Such a sorry conditions for human beings.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2017
PHEDC is needed in that area.can you see the pole about falling. That tanker is it's saving grace if not responsible for the electric pole falling.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by degamemaster(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2017
jesse8048:
It baffles me how there's no single good road in oyigbo yet you see oil wells scattered all over the place. You can't drive into or out of oyigbo without crying for your cars. This government promised to take care of this before election but nothing for about 2 years now. The mbano camp/old aba road started few weeks ago has been abandoned. Why.....
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
;Dl thought they said Barr Wike used Julius Berger to repair d road last week? PDP pimps and wailers, una suffering never start, pls remember to blame Amaechi ooooooooo

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2017
positivelord:
WIKE is entirely useless....I know what am saying cos I live here..
Let me complete it for u.........useless, wicked, visionless, vengeful, myopic, violent and a b*****d
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by brightleave(m): 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
Wicked, sorry! Wike is working

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2017
degamemaster:
My brother it's a sad situation whereby, the fowl that lays the golden egg is left to be going hungry. I lived in obigbo, Don Simon Ave precisely for 10yrs and I can tell you that obigbo as a local govt area is not benefiting anything as a major contributor to the rivers state wealth and Nigerian as a whole. Such a sorry conditions for human beings.

It would be great to have threads to hold our states governors and all the states commissioner of works accountable if we need good developments in the zoo.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Trendishine: 6:01pm On Aug 31, 2017
It is a dastardly deliberate act dat we are glad that d whole world is seeing today.. . The government of rivers state are demonically wicked alongside individuals who have been appointed into any political position on d welfare of oyigbo in rivers state... In a sane society, they would have been a veru serious uprising from dat area.. Ameachi has been an ediot from ab initio on d welfare of dat area, oyigbo, where u have one of the country's power station (afam power station,) and several oil well, biggest timber market, n steel market in d state, a very popular n very productive imo river.dat serves as a border between d state and another, to name a few...Wike himself have been a more worse ediot in just his past 2 years in office, as his on ignorance and nonchalancy towards wat is ryt ooze with so much stench... Its a shame on rivers state government and anyone who comes hear to defend such brigandage towards oyigbo, or try to paint any philosophical bulshit towards this carnage being pepertrated by rivers state government and bastards they have appointted as ctc chairmen or local government chairmen in dat area since the past 8 years... It could have even been counted noble and appropriate if oyigbo has been left for abia state because it would have more better dat oyigbo is seded to Cameroon dan to be given to rivers state.. This pictures posted here are just a very subtle reflection of the decadence on ground in oyigbo, influenced by the wickedness of leadership in rivers state and oyigbo., they are more denigrating and terrible pictures of that area and what people go through there dat would practically make u cry... If people in dat area lay a curse on the governor wike n his cabinet or appointeess responsible for d welfar lf dat oyigbo, both past and present, i tell u, it would work.. The federal government, fashola, ministry of works, ferma and those who are totally wicked and non-chalant about the totally destroyed east - west/ porthacourt - aba express way, expecially d one linking from imo river, thru oyigbo express (especially oyigbo express dat needs a serious bridge and flyover) down into porthacourt.. All nook and crannys of my oyigbo as a community from express on d ryt to afam power station and expressto d left to umuebele and eche is in d most despicable, indescribable and most deplorable state...

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Nonaira1: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2017
misterme:

It's not just this government. All past governments neglected Obigbo (is it Oyigbo?). I wonder if Ikwerre people have something against Obigbo people?

They do. Ikwerre dislike oyigbo simply because they choose to remain as igbos and refused to deny their identity rather than join the ikwerre clan title. There only crime is that refused to join them. Imagine!! That's why they've been begging to be moved back to Abia State. The sad thing of it all is oyigbo contributes more to the GDP of river state than Ikwerre.
I feel extremely sorry for them honestly. I don't blame anyone for oyigbo predicament other than obasanjo. He's the one that put them there without their consent.

1 Like

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by pazienza(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
Amarabae:
My people don suffer, what a sad thing to be a victim of ethnic politics,
had it been we deigbonised ourselves,they will have payed bit attention to oyigbo,
shame,
the evil that men do,
I will not mind an ogoni governor in 2019,
ikwerre governors no try for oyigbo matter

Some of your people are beginning to crack under the pressure to de igbonize, your bitter Igbophobic neighbors in Rivers state are mounting on you.
I belong to Ndoki facebook group and had seen quite a number of young Oyigbo people propagating the "we no be ibo " mantra, only to be put in check by other Obigbo people and other Ndoki people from Abia.

I just hope and pray, you lots don't crack under this deigbonization agenda.

Restructuring /Biafra can't come any sooner, so that Oyigbo resources will be used for Oyigbo and not siphoned to build up PH and other non Ndoki lands.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by pazienza(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
Adminisher:

Obigbo was an oil field turned into a community. The entire community is illegal. The governments of Anthony Ukpo, Ada George and those who came after them should have stamped down hard

Are you saying that the land didn't belong to indigenous Ndoki people before the oil was found there?

Because if that's what you are insinuating, then you are an ignorant person.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by phkka1(m): 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2017
Wike had enough money to go to Benue State to fix their roads. How come he cannot fix his own roads?
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by ZiggyMr(m): 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2017
Obigbo what a terrible place to live.
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Torylanez(m): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
raker300:

Same way you want buhari to turn nigeria to london in 2yrs after your ineffectual buffoons ruled for 16yrs
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Torylanez(m): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
WIKE IS WORKING
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by Guyman02: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2017
mesoprogress:
Their only crime in Rivers state is that they tend towards Igbos as against Ikwerre people

And they refuse to be called Oyigbo which is a contraption and corruption of the name of the city Obigbo by the Gowon regime.
In Port Harcourt nobody pronounces it as Oyigbo
Re: The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State by lereinter(m): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
HungerBAD:
I blame Wike.
for what now
is he responsible for the heavy rain
abi u never see pics of hurricane harvey effect in texas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING: Boko Haram Ready To Release Christian Girl – IG Of Police / Secondus Says PDP Rejects Shift In Election Date / Fashola: FG To Begin Sale Of New Houses Soon Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.