Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (38166 Views)

How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB In Aba When Jonathan Was In Power (Video) / Throwback Photos Of When Jonathan Gave South-west Obas N50m Each (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Are you saying the regions that produce the pepper, onions, cow meat, and other basic food items would starve? This is not inline with my understanding of what happen during the Civil war.

U is want to follow d idiot ?
The south west has a seaport for ready supply of food...the north grows the food... The south south will swap oil for food..

Mbok wot will those people from the 5 hamlet survive on... Okike alabiabia living stream ?

7 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 11:08pm On Sep 03, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

That will amount to wasting of time.the. Current constitution is made for the north and the number of their senators is about 108 and atleast 80 are northerners so any bill to be passed would be killed in the house.
These nnamdi kanu approach is the best.
Do you understand what lobbying in the NASS or parliament or congress by law makers means? Google it up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by morbeta(m): 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2017
One statement changed everything, that statement goes thus; 97% to 5%.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by seguno2: 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
Maybe ..... And Jonathan shared money through amnesty. Maybe that's also why

Was Kanu even on radio during Jonathan's regime?

Amnesty was by Yar'Adua.
It was for oil militants.
It allowed oil production to increase for more money to the federation accounts.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by poseidon12: 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2017
It was mainly because Jonathan was not tribalistic and did not single out the Igbos for discrimination.
In Buhari's case, he has been a tribalist of the first order and he has specifically singled out the Igbos for discrimination. He has been acting like President of the North instead of President of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
seguno2:

Amnesty was by Yar'Adua.
It was for oil militants.
It allowed oil production to increase for more money to the federation accounts.

That is true

but I said "Jonathan shared money through amnesty"

Are you saying that is not true. Did Jonathan not share money through amnesty?
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
obailala:
Stop deceiving yourself with this empty "Jonathan ignored them statement," NO leader will sit back and fold his arms watching while anybody tries to divide the kingdom he rules; not even a weak Jonathan would have folded his arms. Under Jonathan's leadership, several members of MASSOB were arrested and some even killed (Ezu River massacre) and nobody gave a damn about it. The head of the Biafran zionist movement (Chief Ben Onwuka) who declared Biafra during Jonathan's reign was also arrested, locked up and the key thrown away until recently and that happened under the government of GEJ.

The only reason Jonathan did not arrest Kanu was because during Jonathan's time, Kanu was just a nobody who was based in the UK making noise to his very insignificant number audience who didnt even take him serious. How many people knew Kanu before April 1st 2015 and how exactly was Jonathan meant to arrest someone living in the UK?

People started paying attention and following Kanu only after GEJ lost the election because Kanu at the time seemed to be the only alternative left for millions of disgruntled Jonathan supporters. 99% of IPOb and Kanu supporters today only declared support for Kanu/IPOB after the 2015 elections. This is a fact that cannot be wished away, everything abouy the explosion of IPOb is deeply rooted in politics of 2015. But unfortunately, Buhari with his actions and inactions keep lending validity to the ipob political distractions.

Perfect answer, God bless your hustle for saying it 101%

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by fitprince: 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2017
what an english
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Tobium1(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
This call for Biafra was borne out of marginalization, and the quest for equity. Gej, a wise man as he is, knew those gray areas and treated them amicably and the Southeast got fairness, appointments, recognition and so sorts. But this government failed to employ equity

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by bezimo(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2017
The major reason is because bingohari is a daft president with a sharply divisive personality. Jonathan tried to carry everyone along even at the expense of the SS. Yaradua from the same Kastina state was also a pretty sensible person and knew how to wisely engage agitators to maintain peace and unity.

Bingohari came with his stupid 97%/5% talk in a suppose United Nigeria... What was he expecting?..you tell me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by win2kwire: 11:15pm On Sep 03, 2017
because the greedy ibos thought gej was like ibo

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by seguno2: 11:16pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:
That is true

but I said "Jonathan shared money through amnesty"

Are you saying that is not true. Did Jonathan not share money through amnesty?

It is misleading.
The thread is about Biafra, not about Niger Delta militants. Not so?

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by sokera: 11:18pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

You must be very ignorant if you assume we are not praying and hoping your almajiri run goverment to bring war to our door step.

It would be a dream come true... maybe you think because you have gun you can shoot any how... You would be an international criminal. international armed robber.
the way IpoB fans are shouting international law , international this and international that as if that is all they depend on ...

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Princedapace(m): 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
Adminisher:

You are unstoppable but Nigeria is indivisible so all I see is bloodshed and misery for your generation. Some of you will waste your entire lives fighting and Nigeria still won't divide .

Make Naija no divide na.. Who that one epp? As long as Nigeria continues to remain underdeveloped with one of the poorest citizens in the world with no stable electricity, no clean water, high unemployment rate, youths who fight and die for politicians, kidnappers, Boko Haram, erosion, poor and dirty federating states, wahala up and down, lazy civil servants, under paid security officers, stealing and looting legislators, bad education system, high level of road accidents, poor medical care, etc, I will be happy smiley
If naija like make e divide...u peope think u guys are doing us.... Hahahahahahaha, a restructured nigeria is best for all the regions. It will force ur governors to stop going to Ask Rock to collect money. They would be forced to be creative and stop being lazy. So, ur so called unity pepper them gang u guys are doing, is affecting all of us. As for me, as long as naija is united and suffering, I'm fine smiley
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by EnkayDezign: 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Maybe ..... And Jonathan shared money through amnesty. Maybe that's also why

Was Kanu even on radio during Jonathan's regime?

I don't think so. Buhari actually increased amnesty spending.

The Federal Government has released an additional N35Billion to step-up the Amnesty Programme in the Niger Delta region, Nigeria’s Presidency announced on Saturday.

This is beside the N20billion allocated for the Amnesty Programme in the 2016 budget. The funds allocated to the Niger Delta has now increased to N55billion with a recent release of additional N30B.

There is also a planned release of another N5B , the Presidency said. A statement released by the office of the Vice President in Abuja said this was in sustenance of the new understanding between the oil-producing communities of the Niger Delta, the federal government.

The statement signed by the media aide to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Laolu Akande, noted that currently the Amnesty Office has paid up all the backlog of stipends due to ex-militants up to the end of 2016.

The release of the additional funds is coming after presidential level interactive engagements in the Niger Delta, where the Buhari administration has enunciated a New Vision for the oil-producing areas based on the presentation made by the Pan Niger Delta Forum, PANDEF, to the President when he received leaders and stakeholders from the
region last November.

https://www.businessdayonline.com/buhari-increases-niger-delta-amnesty-programme-n35b/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
seguno2:

It is misleading.
The thread is about Biafra, not about Niger Delta militants. Not so?

You are correct. Yoruba boys like me often forget the crucial distinction between Niger Deltans and the Igbos/Biafrans.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Zulu212: 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
Adminisher:

You are unstoppable but Nigeria is indivisible so all I see is bloodshed and misery for your generation. Some of you will waste your entire lives fighting and Nigeria still won't divide .
y are u nd it likes afraid of letting the Igbo nation be..even with all the allegations of bad imagery from em?....you Yorubas ar d most confused race in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by sokera: 11:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
Tobium1:
This call for Biafra was borne out of marginalization, and the quest for equity. Gej, a wise man as he is, knew those gray areas and treated them amicably and the Southeast got fairness, appointments, recognition and so sorts. But this government failed to employ equity
I'm happy you say the truth , so please tell me how did the those fairness appointments and recognition southeast got during Gej tenure develop the southeast ? During that 6 years reign of Gej was there any tangible development in the whole of southeast?

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 11:22pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Perfect answer, God bless your hustle for saying it 101%

See painment, lol...........

Why do u want to kill ursef on top Biafran issues They are five insignificant states, no problem but dey believe dey can do beta alone dan ur one Nigeria.

Pls free dose guys abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Kazim88: 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Are you saying the regions that produce the pepper, onions, cow meat, and other basic food items would starve? This is not inline with my understanding of what happen during the Civil war.

right now they are already starving with all their pepper, onions and cow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

You are correct. Yoruba boys like me often forget the crucial distinction between Niger Deltans and the Igbos/Biafrans.
Respect bros but IPOB is different from igbos, we think differently abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by jaytee01(m): 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

See who is ignorant. Have you ever watched brave heart ?
Do you know how long scotland has been fighting nonstop to get the referendum the got ?
I know u ignoramus lot think that William wallace is just some regular guy..
You dont know dat he fought and died and still scotland was still in the Uk, and Scotland is still in the Uk.

You guys are free to make noise as u like, its Seun Osewa dat is givin u guys dat mouth to talk, because if not for nairaland...who for know dat bleached up pig.
Dont mind the ignorant "attachee " idi..ot. They think that a referendum is obtained on a platter of gold.

And to think that the idi.ot said that Akwa Ibom and Calabar are fanatical about IPOP pigs!

These guys are really delusional!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

right now they are already starving with all their pepper, onions and cow.

Hahahaha This baba self.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2017
Zulu212:
y are u nd it likes afraid of letting the Igbo nation be..even with all the allegations of bad imagery from em?....you Yorubas ar d most confused race in Nigeria

Seriously deir actions n inactions always piss me off, Biafra dis, Igbo dat, it is really annoying.

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2017
KingsJohnson:

See painment, lol...........

Why do u want to kill ursef on top Biafran issues They are five insignificant states, no problem but dey believe dey can do beta alone dan ur one Nigeria.

Pls free dose guys abeg
Declare Biafra as we speak now and come get your Biafra. You must leave every other parts of Nigeria and join us here for it

1 Like

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by OkunrinMeta: 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Respect bros but IPOB is different from igbos, we think differently abeg.

Yeah.

For me, I love Nigerians more than I love Nigeria.

If the people that make up Nigeria do not want to be identified as Nigeria then that wish should be respected.

At the same time, it is senseless to waste the lives of Nigerians just for the hatred of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Yyeske(m): 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
KingsJohnson:

Seriously deir actions n inactions always piss me off, Biafra dis, Igbo dat, it is really annoying.

The arewa youths gave you a quit notice and you went crying to UN and northern elders, what if Yorubas did same, I'm sure you'll send a delegation to heaven. Come get your referendum as we speak now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Princedapace(m): 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
Kazim88:

Why not start the war quick quick... Oct 1st is a perfect day... quit notice day.

You talk what you dont understand.

Common the little attack on IPOB Obiano is already confessing and asking for forgiveness.

Buratai is being investigated for Genocide...

You think you can just pick up arms and declare war against those seek for self determination?

or you can sell war propagandas in this internet age.

You think Nigeria Army would get involved in tribal fights.

Wake up.

My brother, if Nigeria can provide me with 24/7 electricity before end of 2018, I will join the nigeria forces and I'm sure many easterners will do same.. Guys, forget biafra, that is not ur problem, ur problem is ur governors, senators, house of Rep members, governors, local govt chairmen..

Do u know what people like u and I should be doing? We should be telling our govt that these igbos want out, no problem, let them leave. U and I should be demanding our govt do the right thing by ensuring that our leaders don't push us to hate one another. A region feels that they will do well ifc given their own country and u are hating on them.. That is madness.. I just don't understand why. U see, nigeria couldn't provide me with stable electricity for over 22 years of my life on earth and another region is promising me that if I join them, they can provide me with stable electricity, do u think I will still be trying and believing in nigeria which couldn't give me stable electricity since. I will be glad to try something new. Make una get sense small na

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by KingsJohnson(m): 11:32pm On Sep 03, 2017
Yyeske:
Declare Biafra as we speak now and come get your Biafra. You must leave every other parts of Nigeria and join us here for it

But on a serious note brodaly, wat z ur issue wit Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by seguno2: 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Thanks for your acknowledgement.
Cheers.
Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by Nathan2016: 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

You are not afraid of war? I am, so at least someone is.

So as old as you are, you dont know the difference between referendum and war...

Keep on promoting biafra by opening treads everywhere.

Everyone knows that Biafra agitation started before jonathan...lol...i mean that guy was clueless but smart

The dullard on the other hand,,, wasnt that smart...just dull.

making dis united comment...

if in your house your father tells you that they will give all your siblings his money, my friend wont you agitate to leave your fathers house.

Abi u go dey house they watch 97%

Personally i have different view on biafra, but what they are agitating is not wrong and with good reasons.

MAGINALISATION. Which is clear.

unless you have on top military personel you see igbo man name included.

Abi igbos no b major tribe in nigeria. based on population.

go to west you see igbos.
go to south you see igbos
go to north you see igbos
go to east you see igbos

and you still dont want them to follow in building the country

thunder fire you

2 Likes

Re: Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? by brightalo17: 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2017
chinoxstock:
Only in the zoo can a call for referendum translate into war!! Tufiakwa! Animals with block heads everywhere!

If the war wants to come let it come. Heaven is better than Nigeria.

You want heaven not Biafra again? if you've lost hope in life you can die on your own and stop asking for war.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Instructions Written Down For Buhari, Man Raises Concern / Anambra Decides: Results Coming In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.