Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? (11414 Views)

This Is What Happens Sometimes When You Stop A Girl And Ask For Her Number / Naija Girl Calls Out Her Friend On Twitter For Sleeping With Her Father [PICS] / Can You Marry Someone That Has Been Romantically Involved With A Relative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by MsTom(f): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
BreiAna:

Everything you guys are saying i do believe. But he's the first Nigerian guy I've been involved with. We've been together for 8 yrs. I always thought immigration takes DNA test before the kids come to the US. Pls don't think I'm a dumb American no that's not the case. I just wanted to know if I'm being paranoid. I've been checking things out i just need proof

You aint dumb. You are a woman. Follow your instincts. So sorry this happened to you. If it ever happened to me, I would tell cops about my suspicions and let them come and bust the door open and catch them in action. That way, if she is truly a teenager, he goes to jail coupled with the fact that I get my evidence with reputable witnesses. To me, that is the height of deceipt ( Sleeping with another woman in my house/home). Not telling you to do that though. There are other ways you can get your evidence. Definately not from the man or from his family who apparently are aware of what is going on. It is obvious that the man is involved with the girl who is mos def not his daughter. However, she might be a teenager. Do not get yourself involve in a crime by habouring a man who is suspected to be sleeping with a minor. Immigration only ask for DNA when they have reason to suspect that the child might not be his. Maybe he was able to give them enuff prove for them to waive the DNA test or probably gave a fake DNA result. You need to protect yourself. Never allow a man or any other person drag you into the mud.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Poster

Are you sure that is his daughter,

because this closeness is beyond strange.

Something is really fishy, and my dear you are not paranoid.

I really suspect that girl is not his child, (although there are some crazy lunatics who do such things with their children).

Don't forget how people lie their way into greener pastures, especially for visa.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by gamechange(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2010
Go to  www.mycompuflash.com or skymall.com
Get the discreet or covert model of the pen, place in location of choice.
That will give you the evidence you desire.
Make an informed decision based on facts rather than suspicion.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Poster,

That girl is prolly his second wife that his parents married on his behalf.

I say this because you said that he is a muslim,

Remember that they are allowed to marry up to four wives.

Again, age is not an issue.

In Nigeria, a 67 year old alhaja will marry an eight year old girl.

My dear, shine your eye well well, you are not paranoid at all.

You are doing the right thing by questioning this abnormality.

Keep trusting your instincts.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Poster,

Question your husband and tell him how you feel.

If he says he is innocent (which I doubt),

Tell him that his acts with this girl are very suspicious to you,

And he should stop it.

If he doesn't, then he is guilty.  angry
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by hauler: 5:26pm On Feb 25, 2010
chaircover:

Why must we always think the worse when faced with an uncommon situation, especially in a situation like this where we have been given minimal information

My instinct tells me that Yes the girl maybe the mans daughter and no the man may not be sleeping with his daughter.

From what I've read here it may jolly well be that the poster has misunderstood or misinterpreted things.

Folks I am not saying the poster is not telling the truth or the husband isnt indeed playing a fast one. I am just saying we should look at the wider picture and be 100% sure before writing the man off completely.

Before I go any further I want to ask the poster the following;

How old is the "daughter"

How often did "dad" see the daughter before she came over to the USA

What kind of relationship did the "father" have with his daughter and other children

Where is this girls mother? Is your husband in touch with the mother

Did you husband use to go the mosque to pray early in the morning before his "daughter" came into town

When you say she is nasty to her brother, I am assuming that this is a child that you and your husband have together?

Let be realistic;  If they were indeed having an affair, I would thought that they will do much better at hiding it away. The bathroom  shower story doesn't quite sit right with me.

If indeed this girl is his daughter, the husband no doubt made a big blunder by bringing in a teenage girl into the home without throuroughy thinking about the issues that this will bring.

Bringing in a teenage child into an already stable relationship will no doubt upset the dynamics of the home and there will almost always be resentment between the daughter and the wife until boundaries are drawn and the relationships built.

As someone suggested, you can install a camera; I sincerely pray that you dont find what you are suggesting.

sorry ive written an essay but at least this woman is accusing her husbabd of adultry and at worse incest.

@ Chaircover,
You're the only rational person that's posted on this thread so far. Everybody else seems to be facing the same direction. I still think there's more to this than meets the eye, and the poster has so far managed to tell us whats going on in her mind, i'm sure there are some other things she sees that prove her wrong, but she hasn't stated them. If she was 100% sure about this i doubt if she would be asking for advice on this forum.
Anyway, based on what she has typed so far i can understand why everyone has jumped to the same conclusion.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by WAVixen: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2010
chaircover:

Why must we always think the worse when faced with an uncommon situation, especially in a situation like this where we have been given minimal information

My instinct tells me that Yes the girl maybe the mans daughter and no the man may not be sleeping with his daughter.

From what I've read here it may jolly well be that the poster has misunderstood or misinterpreted things.

Folks I am not saying the poster is not telling the truth or the husband isnt indeed playing a fast one. I am just saying we should look at the wider picture and be 100% sure before writing the man off completely.

Before I go any further I want to ask the poster the following;

How old is the "daughter"

How often did "dad" see the daughter before she came over to the USA

What kind of relationship did the "father" have with his daughter and other children

Where is this girls mother? Is your husband in touch with the mother

Did you husband use to go the mosque to pray early in the morning before his "daughter" came into town

When you say she is nasty to her brother, I am assuming that this is a child that you and your husband have together?

Let be realistic;  If they were indeed having an affair, I would thought that they will do much better at hiding it away. The bathroom  shower story doesn't quite sit right with me.

If indeed this girl is his daughter, the husband no doubt made a big blunder by bringing in a teenage girl into the home without throuroughy thinking about the issues that this will bring.

Bringing in a teenage child into an already stable relationship will no doubt upset the dynamics of the home and there will almost always be resentment between the daughter and the wife until boundaries are drawn and the relationships built.

As someone suggested, you can install a camera; I sincerely pray that you dont find what you are suggesting.

sorry ive written an essay but at least this woman is accusing her husbabd of adultry and at worse incest.

At last, someone with brains!!! Why do we always say vile and horrible things?! Whether or not the poster's husband is having an affair o we should  think before using stupid words. It just goes to show the sort of people we are on the inside. And to the retard who posted she got married because she was in need of a penis, is the greatest slowpoke that ever existed.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by MsTom(f): 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
hauler:

@ Chaircover,
You're the only rational person that's posted on this thread so far. Everybody else seems to be facing the same direction. I still think there's more to this than meets the eye, and the poster has so far managed to tell us whats going on in her mind, i'm sure there are some other things she sees that prove her wrong, but she hasn't stated them. If she was 100% sure about this i doubt if she would be asking for advice on this forum.
Anyway, based on what she has typed so far i can understand why everyone has jumped to the same conclusion.

I dont blame anyone for jumping to the same conclusion. It is because it happens in America. Nigerians and funny people from other countries do crazy stuffs to get a visa or citizenship. I have heard of men who do such to their wives. One is a Nigerian man who is married to this time around, another Nigerian woman who had 3 kids for him. Only for him to bring another woman who had a kid into his basement in the guise that she was evicted from her house and she was a related to him. It was about a year later that the first wife got to find out that the woman in the basement was his second wife from nigeria (his village) and her kid was his. This happened in maryland state. It happens. Some men still have their wives in Nigeria. Some other "first wives" are aware that their man has a second wife and they actually live in the same apartment. He man owes his wife to tell her if he wants to have a second wife. That way, she can be ready to face whatever. Nigerians and some other groups practise polygamy here. It is estimated that about 50,000 people do. My problem is the deceipt. If you must do it, tell your present woman so that she can decide on the next move.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by SmashingM(f): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
Girlfriend, do not be deceived. That's his wife from the village.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by minute(f): 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2010
She seems a bit immature  . . . might be shes jealous of you

and she is trying to have with her Dad what you have with him. undecided undecided undecided

Shes very mixed up and insecure . . its her father's job to deal with this . . he

needs to reassure her that she is very special to him and nothing can break the father

daughter relationship . . he must be very firm and lay down boundaries with her  .  . .that

is very important . .for her and also for the whole family.It wont happen overnight but with time

she will realise her Dad loves her and shes his very special daughter . . you must stay calm when dealing with

this remember shes a teenager and has a whole life ahead of her.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
u sure that's his "daughter"? grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
Quote from na2day?,

"that is eh! i don talk am tey tey say for judgement day, God go get separate line for nigerians"   

hahaha,

nice one
  wink
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by ladoskie45: 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
niger mentality its happen 4 real, smiley wink
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by platinumnk(f): 6:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Orginal Poster-

Dont go running to your husband with your suspicions.
If you do, the character may change to keep you fooled if he is what you think.
Pretend all is well and INVESTIGATE!
No amount of money is worth your sanity
And trust me if hes sees that you are wise to him, it can get real ugly real fast.

So gather ways to get evidences and get it.
Before you accuse, because if you  question him now, you may not get the truth.
Even if he gets his green card, cant he still be deported?
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by platinumnk(f): 6:13pm On Feb 25, 2010
MsTom:

I dont blame anyone for jumping to the same conclusion. It is because it happens in America. Nigerians and funny people from other countries do crazy stuffs to get a visa or citizenship. I have heard of men who do such to their wives. One is a Nigerian man who is married to this time around, another Nigerian woman who had 3 kids for him. Only for him to bring another woman who had a kid into his basement in the guise that she was evicted from her house and she was a related to him. It was about a year later that the first wife got to find out that the woman in the basement was his second wife from nigeria (his village) and her kid was his. This happened in maryland state. It happens. Some men still have their wives in Nigeria. Some other "first wives" are aware that their man has a second wife and they actually live in the same apartment. He man owes his wife to tell her if he wants to have a second wife. That way, she can be ready to face whatever. Nigerians and some other groups practise polygamy here. It is estimated that about 50,000 people do. My problem is the deceipt. If you must do it, tell your present woman so that she can decide on the next move.

Thank you! I am ashamed to say that a family friend from Texas pulled this same stunt. Had a wife from US, and moved his so called "sister" into the womans house.

How it blew open, his wife got wise to it grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by chichii: 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ poster

please let us know how this story ends, it could help another woman going through the same situation down the line
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by neily(f): 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
@porterThats exactly his wife not his daughter.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 25, 2010
BreiAna:

I ask this ? because I'm married to a Nigerian man whom i love dearly. But I'm having trouble with his teenage daughter. They spend time in her room with the door closed and locked plus they often leave at all times of the night and day without informing me. One day the left at 4:45 am and came back around 7 am in time for to go to school. When i do inquire about their whereabouts he states we went to the Mosque. (He's Muslim). He washes her clothes, she walks around in front of him wearing only a towel, he goes inside the bathroom sometimes when she's in the shower, and often waits on her inside the room when she gets out the shower and he shops for her on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong i know father's loves their daughters but this relationship is very strange and besides she just arrived in the U.S. I've tried everything i can to make her like me but nothing works. She does evil things behind his back to me and her brother and when i tell him he says im just being jealous. Pls help, do you think I'm being paranoid?

Sis, are you SURE this is his daughter?! I mean it is possible that you are reading into things wrong however it would also be possible (and sickening) that a man can fall inlove with his daughter. Well unfortunately such a thing has happened in my house hold growing up undecided . I will add that some things are worth sticking to the side lines and observing (you've got enough evidence i am sure) and others need to be recktified/confronted asap.

You live in the US as I do, you watch the show Cheaters? lol. He's Nigerian and probably secretive so you might not want to go that route however use some of their tactics, scope him out. Make sure you are prepared and confident so he doesnt convince you that you are mad/crazy or flips the whole saga on you.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by stede(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
this is a trilla wink
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Iranoladun(f): 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2010
@poster
So many probability with the scenario you painted.

It reasonable to conclude from your post that you'd confronted your husband with your suspicion before posting on net

Then gather evidence DISCRETELY using camera or private investigator.

The result of the camera or investigation will determine whether you need to confront him or not
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2010
To the poster, excuse my word but how f--kin silly could you be. Even without asking people here on Nairaland, couldn't you have figured that she isn't his daughter.

Let me give you the facts. She is his wife that he has married in Nigeria, probably while you are still living together.

I speak from experience. I am a Nigerian male here in good 'ol Deutschland and that sh-t is common with african men here but i am not saying it is all of them but mostly among the really older looking ones not the ones in their twenties.

I feel your pain but at the same time i feel like i would cuss you out if you were my sister for letting such sh-t slide.

Damn!!!!
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by SisiEko1(f): 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
She is obviously his Nigerian wife, u can get me to investigate him back here in nigeria grin, send  a go ahead email to kemijadesimi@yahoo.com.
Some men re just full of **it   
angry
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by bawomolo(m): 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2010
He washes her clothes, she walks around in front of him wearing only a towel, he goes inside the bathroom sometimes when she's in the shower, and often waits on her inside the room when she gets out the shower

pedo bear approves.
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Kilode1: 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2010
"lol--- he married you for his green card--- you must be desperate for a manliness. Enjoy the love triangle my dear

His daughter is his wife, and his son is his brother."

WORD!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by Kilode1: 9:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
blandyne:

Both ways, i really don't see what's the problem. I live with my parents and my sisters. They all have seen me unclothed.

@Blandyne, In Naija there is nothing wrong with that my sister, dont mind those "Amercanised" Nigerians, if they've lived in what we call[b] face-me-i-face-you[/b] before in naija they will know that a daughter walking around the house with only her towel is not an issue- enough space no dey to dey form privacy cheesy grin

The issue is that the poster got owned by a fraudster. The "daughter" is the Naija wifey period, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by ayettymama(f): 10:35pm On Feb 25, 2010
I weep cos of your distorted thinking!

bloody f.o.o.ls!

not every one is as sick and twisted as some of you NIGERIANS!!!

YES I SAID IT!!!!

its a nigerian thing!!! thats why the poor woman didnt jump to that conclusion!

shes not blind dumb or silly- is she not the one tellin us now??

forgive her for not comin up with theories from the crimes u guys commit

who wakes up in the morning to think of new ways to scam people

be it for money, visa ANYTHING!!!!

KMT!

Then those of u who are saying were jumpin to conclusions
even the bible says ; people perish due to lack of judgement!

a word is enuf for the wise, the writing is there on the wall! who locks himself in the room with his daughter??

doin what

pls people dont insult her- theres nothing 'smart' or 'intelligent' about playing with peoples emotions! 8 yrs is a very long time!

and they ask me why im wicked! just listen to some of this crap!
kmt
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by skyone(m): 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2010
And l wont rule out the husband using her contentious  daughter for saremental functions

well in Nigeria of today some demons dont want to know who is who
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by TmeD0(m): 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2010
i even heard that the devil is creating a brand new hell just for nigerians, he said the rate at which we are selling pure water in hell is getting out of hand  Grin Grin Grin

lwkmd!  grin grin

@ OP, you're in a really dicey situation at the moment. maybe, just maybe you're reading too much meaning to their relationship as you're from two totally different cultures.

or maybe he's a pedo or the grand-dad of them all: he's brought his wife or girlfriend from naija.  if it's the last one, then agbada don hook wire true true be dat o!

like most have suggested, install a well-hidden cam. . .what a minute, u should know this already being an american!

hmm, why do i have a feeling you've just cooked this up. . .

Peace!
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by platinumnk(f): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2010
even if they were praying , why would they lock the door.

They are trying to make an american baby, and the way the thing is, the man must not be good in bed because she aint hollering grin grin grin
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by ayettymama(f): 10:57pm On Feb 25, 2010
^^its prob against thier religion to shout!

*runs away*
Re: Can A Nigerian Girl And Her Father Be Romantically Involved? by platinumnk(f): 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2010
ayettymama:

^^its prob against thier religion to shout!

*runs away*
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

*dies*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Just Discovered That All The Young Men In My Compound Has Slept With My Wife / Dear Men No Matter How Hórny You Are, Don't Give Head / Would You Date A Guy Without A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.