Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos (33404 Views)

Tension As Armed Soldiers Take Over Security Around Kano INEC Headquarters / Military Jets, Soldiers Take Over Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kwara, Adamawa / Election Tension: Soldiers Take Over Ebonyi Streets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by talk2emma: 7:46am On Sep 05, 2017
What is there problem with somebody putting on a Biafra flag
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by apogeez(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2017
KANUIPOB:
what these Igbos IPOB are looking for they will sure get it. no body should complain when the time comes. this idiot kanu will suffer for brainwashing those miscreant.

Sometimes read meaning to something and stop this nonsense of judging one side
What is the offence if the man put a Biafra flag in his keke

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Kaywaz(m): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
There was pandemonium yesterday at Isigate in Umuahia the capital of Abia State. According to reports from people who were at the scene at the time of the incident, a commercial tricyclist popularly known as Keke driver, was accosted by soldiers for putting a Biafra flag in front of his tricycle. On reaching the military check-point, a solider reportedly stopped him and starting questioning him about what the flag is all about and why he displayed it.

The man who reportedly answered the soldier that it is a Biafran flag, and that he is a proud Biafran - didn't give "satisfactory answer".

According to an eyewitness report, the solider allegedly slapped the Keke driver and started dragging him away in a bid to arrest him. At a point, the man couldn't bear the pain any more and started to defend himself by fighting back as people started gathering to resist the soldiers.

As the incident continued, the soldiers reportedly signaled their base who sent more soldiers to the area..

Pro-Biafrans and residents who were already coming out in their numbers - tried to resist the security operatives, the soldiers were said to have started shooting live bullets at them as seen in the pictures below.

Several residents were reported to have sustained different degrees of injuries following the chaos.

As at yesterday night, soldiers were seen patrolling the area to prevent another fight from residents.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/soldiers-and-biafran-members-clash-at-isigate-in-umuahia.html

Good for them, shebi dem never get sense ni. what is even Biafra that name sounds horrible and their flag b like Ogun color
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 05, 2017
what stops the useless governor of the state from restraining those chicken soldiers from causing such mayhem on his people just like his counterpart, ugwuanyi? anyways, you can't give what you don't have.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Okemmuo(m): 7:50am On Sep 05, 2017
It has started already.....
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by MalcoImX: 7:51am On Sep 05, 2017
attackgat:

Third world reasoning. Who told it is a crime to promote secession? It is the right of people to agitate for secession and Nigeria is a signatory to several international laws on the right to self determination. Agitation for secession only becomes a crime when people take up arms.

Nigerians still act like we are in military rule. Nigerians are so backward that they still think that all Nigerian Soldiers are allowed impunity and to shoot at will. This is not true.

The right to self I determination of true indigenous people does not necessarily mean partitioning a country into different units. You ate propagating what you don't understand. The Igbo people, by the UN definition, do not qualify as "indigenous people."

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Pampasi(m): 7:51am On Sep 05, 2017
JoeMaddog:
Who's the commanding officer there? How can you allow such lawlessness?
Hardened the fuvk up soldiers... Kill all those miscreants sad I should be reading that at least 20 nuisance are dead not this rubbish

By this time next year. 20 people dear to you will be dead. No long story. You wil be alive to witness it before dying away uselessly. Amen

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Kaywaz(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2017
JoeMaddog:
Who's the commanding officer there? How can you allow such lawlessness?
Hardened the fuvk up soldiers... Kill all those miscreants sad I should be reading that at least 20 nuisance are dead not this rubbish

this so called kanu wey dy talk about Biafra, if he experience wetin their eyes see for the last war he no go even dy talk about bia talkless of Fra. the guy need better sense
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Origamist: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2017
I am trying to figure out which is more disturbing between the actions of the soldiers and those in support of them.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by TeamSimple(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2017
Aufbauh:
Ipob always craving the attention of UN, ICC, Amnesty Int'l and Co by instigating unwarranted provocation as if these organizations can actually dictate for our sovereignty.
i tire o.. The way they scream UN and ICC ehn you will think Nigeria is not a sovereign state anymore . I believe most of them shouting ICC this and that don't even know what it all about .. Let ICC and UN give independence to Palestine , Catalonia , California and other groups seeking independence before they can talk about Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by brightalo17: 7:58am On Sep 05, 2017
Ishigate is not far from Nnamdi Kanu's home town, In fact it is under his Local government Umuahia North. So I think is about time he unleash his trained soldiers to sack the Unwanted Nigerian soldiers or he should stop making too much noise.
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Lightening: 7:58am On Sep 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
I am just saying what I think a sensible person shouldn't do. Don't confront the army!! It is a crime in Nigeria to promote secessionist tendencies. The best the man could have done was to contact a lawyer, if he thinks his rights had been trampled on.

The Army should have sued the Keke driver if they felt that he was in breach of any law of the land than taking laws into their hands by slapping a citizen whom the zoo constitution guarantees his right to dignity. Abi the bullying na the sentence.
Furthermore, sensible persons defend their rights vehemently. Foolish ones give up their rights and they are called cowards.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by FBIL: 7:58am On Sep 05, 2017
Buhari will finally cripple Nigeria if he uses force on the down South. Mind you, you shall not win twice! 2017 is not 1967. Every home, including those who distasted the Word ''Biafra'' before, are now proudly supporting Biafra. Igbos don't enjoy slavery! They prefer death to slavery. Same applies to the Ijaws, Ogonis and Ibibios. All these ethnic groups are now Pro-Biafra because Buhari is brazenly telling them that they don't belong in Nigeria.The Nigerian Army (NA) should be careful. IPOB don't carry arms, Boko Haram do. Thus, the NA should show her strength in North East where civilians are killed on hourly basis. Soldiers tried to stop the use of Biafra flags, caps, shoes, shirts and wrist bands in Ebonyi, Enugu and Anambra but they were over powered. Doesn't that tell you that the struggle is in every home. The thrash you published here is not even the true story. This one was packaged to favor the NA. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by petsam11(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2017
All these promoting soldiers should shoot at site keep forgoing that what goes around does come around.
You are saying this because you believe this king of evil will never come to your area. And I laugh! Before now herdsmen killings was only in the north, now is coming down to the Middlebelt, down to the southwest, south-south and sputheast.... But God will stop them!
Na so e dey take happen... You keep saying kill them all! Without finding means to stop them where they are coming from or resist it before it gets to your region.
Keep shouting "shoot at site!" remember that when the flying bullets drops, it might not touch the the people you have in mind to be killed. Your friend or family member or even you shouting "shoot at site!" might be the victim and in this case, two things are involved:
1. either you live to tell the story i.e if na injury u get or na tour friend/fily dem shoot or
2. You will not live to tell the story because na you dem shoot.

Just apply this logic in life when ever you are ranting and spewing hate. Have it in your mind that what goes around comes around! It might me Emeka today, tomorrow it might come to Tunde next it will come to Abasifreke and next to Adamu, etc...
Not all the people that lost their lives in all the IPOB military shootings or Andy shoot at site operations are the mean targets some of them might be people like you wishing others death for nothing but it came to them because they were are the right place but at the wrong time.
Don't say, I don't stay in the east so shoot dem you never can tell what will take you to the east one day and God forbid that the time you are their will be the time this evil will be happening and you see yourself being the VICTIM OF what YOU HAVE BEEN WISHING OTHERS!
Please mind what you wish your fellow human being! Learn to condemn evil! Self-determination is not a crime! It is a world human right! It is the right of rational beings! It is the right of lovers of freedom! Win them by giving them referendum then meet them in the campaign ground were you will give them reasons to be part of Nigeria just like the United Kingdom did in the first referendum in Scotland. And their referendum to leave EU!
It's month big deal! Unless some people are scared of something!

Anyway, @ the news/topic I still think that this news is not complete. The real truth haven't surfaced yet. Like it or leave it! But in the hours to come, the truth shall fall out!

Finally, don't wish people who didn't do anything to you evil because it might come back to you real hard! Life is like computer, "Garbage in Garbage out!"

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by attackgat: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
The right to self I determination of true indigenous people does not necessarily mean partitioning a country into different units. You ate propagating what you don't understand. The Igbo people, by the UN definition, do not qualify as "indigenous people."

Really? Which ethnic group then qualifies as indigenous? Besides, what is really the arguement here? That a group of people have decided not to be part of an enforced 1914 colonial arrangement called Nigeria. Naturally, those peoole should be granted a referendum.
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by FBIL: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2017
Kaywaz:

this so called kanu wey dy talk about Biafra, if he experience wetin their eyes see for the last war he no go even dy talk about bia talkless of Fra. the guy need better sense
Buhari will finally cripple Nigeria if he uses force on the down South. Mind you, you shall not win twice! 2017 is not 1967. Every home, including those who distasted the Word ''Biafra'' before, are now proudly supporting Biafra. Igbos don't enjoy slavery! They prefer death to slavery. Same applies to the Ijaws, Ogonis and Ibibios. All these ethnic groups are now Pro-Biafra because Buhari is brazenly telling them that they don't belong in Nigeria.The Nigerian Army (NA) should be careful. IPOB don't carry arms, Boko Haram do. Thus, the NA should show her strength in North East where civilians are killed on hourly basis. Soldiers tried to stop the use of Biafra flags, caps, shoes, shirts and wrist bands in Ebonyi, Enugu and Anambra but they were over powered. Doesn't that tell you that the struggle is in every home. The thrash you published here is not even the true story. This one was packaged to favor the NA. grin grin
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by udemzyudex(m): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2017
From Okada rider and street boys , it had turned to IPOB..
Op weldon
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by MalcoImX: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2017
Lightening:

The Army should have sued the Keke driver if they felt that he was in breach of any law of the land than taking laws into their hands by slapping a citizen whom the zoo constitution guarantees his right to dignity. Abi the bullying na the sentence.
Furthermore, sensible persons defend their rightsrights vehemently. Foolish ones give up their rights and they are called cowards.
do man was collected gun oo!
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by NabeelAbu: 8:02am On Sep 05, 2017
Gullibility in progress. IGBO wake !!!!
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Chigold101(m): 8:04am On Sep 05, 2017
Aufbauh:
Ipob always craving the attention of UN, ICC, Amnesty Int'l and Co by instigating unwarranted provocation as if these organizations can actually dictate for our sovereignty.
so from what you read here IPOB is to be blamed?
I am just laughing sha.
There was a time Benue people joined Fulani to fight against Biafra but today the same Fulani is ra.ping Their women.
You that is reading upside down, one day it shall be your turn
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by fraudbad: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2017
adem30:
Oya, Let the BSS come out and confront them as promised ...... I smell Suya
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by MalcoImX: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2017
attackgat:

Really? Which ethnic group then qualifies as indigenous? Besides, what is really the arguement here? That a group of people have decided not to be part of an enforced 1914 colonial arrangement called Nigeria. Naturally, those peoole should be granted a referendum.
The "indigenous people" are vulnerable tribesmen, undeveloped and mostly have subsistent economies, akin to those of hunting and gathering economies. Nigeria too have the right to protect its sovereignty.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by PStacks(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2017
adem30:
Oya, Let the BSS come out and confront them as promised ...... I smell Suya

grin grin grin grin BS what?

Na that time you go know say meat and pomo no be mate.

all over different from over all.

BSS my anus

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by PStacks(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu Re-arrest is close by the corner
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by heendrix(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2017
aragonchuks:
Wake me when it gets to front page

wakey wakey lala don push am go FP
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by ularibabe: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2017
https://lm.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.darelasisi.co.uk%2F2017%2F09%2Fhate-speech-series-seun-did-not-just.html&h=ATO6eeq1TNlNBsnfQSpciY99Q1nTt_xhhdAfboeW_02ZP7jmpS9jKtGp5sbAb73FEneY9JhJikSWNOmtArQtPWuce9Cv3LEUyPG1nfviW53aSJned83cSJFx4PyNqXV_oIVQwCkgsMoCddrK1qw&enc=AZPfQsuZwOV0mBZBQMdba8PYGfykLNo34OnQ7cTyd44WUtSp0OCGz_pnK5uPsMEXJjA&s=1
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by InvertedHammer: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2017
IPOB emerged from MASSOB and took more verbal confrontational approach against FGN. The trend is becoming clearer. A subset that will emerge from IPOB may move towards arms struggle. It is a prediction.

Like play like play...that's how Boko Haram became a menace to the society. When complaints turn to frustration, bullets will start flying and there will be collateral damage.

/

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by attackgat: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
The "indigenous people" are vulnerable tribesmen, undeveloped and mostly have subsistent economies, akin to those of hunting and gathering economies. Nigeria too have the right to protect its sovereignty.

You dont even know what indigenous is. The tribes who existed before the creation of Nigeria, the original owners of the land.

The sovereignty of Nigeria is based on the agreement of the people. Sovereignty comes from the people and the people can withdraw it any time. Those who decide they want their sovereignty back are then given a referendum to test the will of the people same as Britain gave Scotland.

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by heendrix(m): 8:16am On Sep 05, 2017
hustlengetpaid:

Go n sleep,because they choose to conduct themselves peacefully that's y everybody is poking them.boko haram that choose to be violent what have ur army done apart from running up and down.ur type should be thanking ur god that these folks choose to be peaceful.

boko haram is a northern agenda in which buhari is every much aware of it. it's just if the armies chief n northern leaders could agree to stop bh menace trust me our Armies would use up to a year anymore
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by doughziay: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2017
Gracyswizy:
God of mercy angry
and compassion
Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
Confronting and challenging the army is one senseless thing nobody should do. This was what El-Zakzaky's supporters did and it wasn't a nice thing afterwards.
iPoB should be very careful with this their leader who is afraid of jail. I can bet my last that iPoB guys are not as strong-headed as the El-Zakzaky group.
shataaap!!!! The Nigerian army has no business with civil law enforcement. Their job is to serve and protect. Our constitution is very clear. they can only encroach into enforcing laws when called upon by the necessary authority such as the governor. Who is the chief security officer of the state. In this case, they broke the law outrightly. They even assaulted the civilian. If I were the governor of that state, I will immediately order thousands of civil defense corps and police to arrest all of them and bring them to justice; using every security apparatus in the state government's arsenal. This is why the world looks down on Us. A country where soldiers arrest civilians. Only in Nigeria.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Take Over Isigate In Umuahia Following Clash With IPOB Members. Photos by eagleeye2: 8:20am On Sep 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
I am just saying what I think a sensible person shouldn't do. Don't confront the army!! It is a crime in Nigeria to promote secessionist tendencies. The best the man could have done was to contact a lawyer, if he thinks his rights had been trampled on.
I like you and the way you reason. He should contact a Lawyer, when his eyes, head and legs would be in a bandage?
I will be here and one day soldiers will deal with persons from other tribes, I hope you will remember a Lawyer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Pulls Out Five Generals / 2023: Atiku Visits Bukola Saraki / 2023: Electronic Transmission Of Results Not Mandatory – APC Replies Atiku, Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.