Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. (24497 Views)

Inside Story Of Buhari’s Battle With Atiku At Election Tribunal / President Buhari Meets With Atiku Bagudu, Kayode Fayemi And Udom Emmanuel / Oshiomhole, Obaseki, Ayiri Emami Running In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by edupedia: 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
ChangetheChange:
cheesy

Whether Buhari runs or not

I am voting Atiku in 2019

Atiku 2019

We need tried and trusted successful Businessmen like Atiku or Dangote to run Nigeria not the vegetable called Buhari who has plummeted Nigeria into Recession at two different times as Head of State.

...dont worry cos your vote will be wasted....efen sef Evans will get more votes than the senior tief of Nigeria...
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by wristbangle: 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
LordAdam16:

Hold on tight, this would be a long one.

Before I answer your question, let's do a quick overview of the Nigerian political landscape.

By 2019, our democracy would be only 20 years old. We practice a centralized representative democracy riddled with tinges of regionalism, ethnicism, religionism, and corruption. In such a democracy, you're NEVER going to get ideal presidential candidates.

Even in the US, people had to choose between Clinton (a sniveling crook) and Trump (a rummaging hothead) in 2015. In 2008, it was between McCain (riding on the wave of being a war hero and nothing more) and Obama (riding on populist, fluffy, pie in the sky ideas that are far removed from reality).

In 2015, we had to choose between GEJ and Buhari. I went with GEJ, not because he is ideal or perfect for the job, but because of who he was contesting against. Against a Donald Duke or Shehu Sani, GEJ doesn't measure up.

You have to work with what you have (or are presented with). And I'm convinced that between Buhari, Atiku, Kwankwaso, el-Rufai, Lamido, and the other main presidential hopefuls in the North, Atiku is the better choice. I'm choosing a bad apple from a basket of rotten apples.

A Shehu Sani would never get the requisite support. Ditto for Nuhu Ribadu or even Sanusi.

In the South, better candidates like Donald Duke, Obi, Iweala, Adesina, even Osinbajo (even tho I detest him) don't stand a chance in hell of displacing the candidates that'd be at the front line in 2019 for varied reasons. The main one being that a southerner can't win the 2019 presidential elections. That much was made certain when Buhari won in 2015.

That said, I'd answer your question.

"What were his achievements as VP?"

This is a trick question, because VPs in Nigeria don't have achievements. They don't get the chance to make an impact, because they're basically spare tires. If you want to talk about Osinbajo, recall he was made Acting President twice, one of which was for 3 whole months plus. Even then, his powers were limited, so as not to offend the big man on a sick bed.

If you want to talk about Atiku's achievements, look at his private life. He started INTELS before he became the governor of Adamawa State in 1998, barely lasting a year before OBJ asked him to be his running mate.

Prior to that, he placed third in the SDP primaries that Abiola won for the 1993 election. He retired as a Deputy Director (second-in-command) of Customs in 1989 and veered into business and politics.

Call him corrupt, because there are hardly ever saints in the top echelon of the civil service, but he used his corrupt proceeds to good effect to establish the largest oil and gas logistics company in the 90's. Obasanjo opened a university with corrupt proceeds, Atiku did too, but between Bells and AUN, which is better?

The man is a serial capitalist and an experienced detribalized politician, unlike a certain corrupt bigot who retired as a Major General, ruled as a dictator, and became a PTF chairman and was only able to set up a ranch with less than 150 cows. 150 cows? Same less than 150 cows for over two decades with ZERO improvement. And you campaigned for that certain someone to become a President.

Atiku has contributed more to the economy as a private citizen than all the other Northern presidential hopefuls combined.

If you're saying Atiku would be a failure, I'd retort that he can't do worse than any of the other Presidential hopefuls including the incumbent. I don't expect him to perform as well as Lee Kuan Yew. I'm not saying he is the best thing since sliced bread. If you say that's not enough in an ideal setting, I'd wholeheartedly agree. But we aren't talking about ideals, we are talking about Nigeria.

Buhari just threw all the gains (small as they were) we've made since 1999 on the altar of a vindictive crusade without recording any meaningful progress. If anything, Atiku would bridge the gap Buhari widened between both regions and reignite the economy that Buhari shattered with his careless utterances and postures.

If you're looking for a perfect presidential candidate, go to Switzerland where people get to directly vote on policies as well as candidates. This is Nigeria in 2017, stop looking for miracles and saints, you'd only find another repackaged wolf in sheep's clothing like the g**t in Aso Rock.

-Lord

Based on his achievement, America university of Nigeria is an affiliate or I would rather say a collaboration between America and Nigeria which Atiku spearhead it through his funds. As for bells, it is an indigenous entity without any collaboration hence the reason why AUN is successful than the bells.

The Integrated Logistic Facilities and Services (INTEL) is no doubt a success which is a normal thing synonymous to what other politicians have done such as SAPETRO, ENI oil (formally AGIP), etc.

All these attributes doesn't make him a person that has a temporary let alone permanent plan to resolve the huge problem confronting the nation. If he wins, He would fail and his failure will be more devastating than the clueless one on seat now. His desperation to claim the presidential seat is appalling as I remember how he splashed series of dollars to entice people in the last APC primary election conducted in Lagos with poor manifesto. I wonder how people will turn a blind eye to root for such directionless man.

I would still maintain that neither Atiku nor PMB are good fit for the presidential race but ethnic-ism and political region cycling would not make us pick who we seems will perform to some extent.

Good luck as you root for Atiku. As for me, I am tired of seeing old recycled baboons who have ruled in the past campaigning for presidential seat.

1 Like

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by islandmoon: 11:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
PentiumPro:

Where is this please.?

for sake of my own security, I cant say that on public domain, some immigration guys usually come around in a vento or vectra car to collect money from them, seem they have an agreement, just settle is 2k for 3months or so. I will find a camera to take a picture of this when next they come negotiating with them.

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by islandmoon: 11:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
PentiumPro:

Where is this please.?

is in addition, what annoyed me most is that this aliens dont pay tax, imagine you as a business man selling shoes in a proper shop, paying tax to the government as tax collection agent can easily come into your shop and collect tax , these aliens are know for displaying same thing you are selling in the middle of the road, in the wheel barrow and be selling cheaper than you, they will display same onion you are selling in your shop on the road in from of your shop and be claiming " Na government road!! and when the tax collectors are coming, they will just push their wheel barrow to another place, while we that pay tax to do the road are not allowed to sell our own goods, they will scatter everything on the road, causing go-slow- traffic congestion ! why must dey be doing things like animal? why cant they just behave normal?

2 Likes

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by blackfase(m): 11:48pm On Sep 07, 2017
Welcome back comrade. I was wondering what happened all this while, tunda strike d useless mod banning you.
You no go tire biko. Some people have been perpetually placed under a spell they can never reason straight, its d duty of d saner and more rational ones to continue to orientate them.

ColonelDrake:

Blackfase my nigga. Been receiving mentions. Just came out of Nl prison.
Can you imagine the thrash and pure bunkum from these slaves?
Honestly, I never thought an article like this trash could come from the op,as I knew him to be a pro Yoruba cum southerner. See as Southerners falling over themselves - from one Fulani to another. Chai...This slavery no be here ooo. Yorubas love their chains and gone are the days when I'm perturbed. These days I don't lose sleep over it and Yorubas don't even know that they're going down everyday. all they think is APC PDP. have you seen the recent waec performance? I don't care again about the SW. Each Man is own. I rest my case

As for d summit, iv been so looking forward to it and counting d days up to now and iv not been disappointed. Bless d conveners of this landmark gathering. It will send a powerful message to d hegemonists that d larger South means business. My hope is that it gathers more momentum from this point on.

ColonelDrake:
First of all, thanks to Afenifere for this initiative - bringing Yoruba stakeholders together with a view to coming up with a unified Yoruba position on restructuring. Every Yoruba Christians, liberals, traditionalists and atheists still supporting this contraption called Nigeria and opposing every move to restructure should have a rethink. See, Yoruba nation is going down the drain day by day and no one seems to care. Educationally, we have lost it! Check the recent WAEC performance stats released recently. Chai, I remember my days. Stop deluding yourself about Yoruba leading the pack. Those days are gone.

Yoruba youths have become very lazy. This is why they asslick and kowtow to politicians for crumbs. Morally, nko? Yoruba youths don't want to thread the noble path of working hard to achieve success. Stop all this APC PDP bullshits! Think Yoruba first. Think about your unborn children. Yoruba have lost it! Apart from the normal diss we have with the Igbos here, we should not oppose Biafra and restructuring. Most of you think APC or you have been deceived and brainwashed to think there is one anti corruption fight going on. Wake up and smell the coffee. Hausa Fulani are the biggest winner in this disagreement among the southern regions. The more the Yorubas are hobnobbing with the Abokiiss, the more retrogressive they become. Iron sharpeneth Iron.

Heck, we don't even control our own ports in the SW. They are all manned by Hausa Fulani. They control the port and even custom in our own domain and you're not ashamed. Gullible Yorubas, wake up, think and let us support this move for restructuring while the heat is on.

This is a distress call to Yoruba Christians, liberals, atheists and traditionalist. Stop hiding your cowardice in the name of sophistication.

If you want your unborn children to inherit this mess of APC PDP and the retrogression that this quota system one Nigeria and unitary system represents, then you can be my guest.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by Atiku2019: 5:53am On Sep 08, 2017
smiley
Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by LordAdam16: 10:56am On Sep 08, 2017
wristbangle:

Based on his achievement, America university of Nigeria is an affiliate or I would rather say a collaboration between America and Nigeria which Atiku spearhead it through his funds. As for bells, it is an indigenous entity without any collaboration hence the reason why AUN is successful than the bells.

The Integrated Logistic Facilities and Services (INTEL) is no doubt a success which is a normal thing synonymous to what other politicians have done such as SAPETRO, ENI oil (formally AGIP), etc.

All these attributes doesn't make him a person that has a temporary let alone permanent plan to resolve the huge problem confronting the nation. If he wins, He would fail and his failure will be more devastating than the clueless one on seat now. His desperation to claim the presidential seat is appalling as I remember how he splashed series of dollars to entice people in the last APC primary election conducted in Lagos with poor manifesto. I wonder how people will turn a blind eye to root for such directionless man.

I would still maintain that neither Atiku nor PMB are good fit for the presidential race but ethnic-ism and political region cycling would not make us pick who we seems will perform to some extent.

Good luck as you root for Atiku. As for me, I am tired of seeing old recycled baboons who have ruled in the past campaigning for presidential seat.

And only Atiku of all the politicians and industrialists in Nigeria spearheaded the "collaboration between Nigeria and the US" for the AUN. That says a lot doesn't it?

You talk about other successful companies owned by politicians, and the simple question is, how many of these politician owners are running for president?

How can you say Atiku's manifesto in 2015 was poor? Did Buhari have a meaningful manifesto, aside a bunch of silly jokes called promises? And why emphasize on the cash when Buhari mainly got the nomination because Ameachi/Tinubu outspent Atiku. Or do you think any aspirant would get the nomination in a Nigerian local government primary election (not to speak of presidential primary election) without sharing money?

You're taking this annoying route which you took in 2015, you're measuring one person with a tape calibrated in feet, and another with a tape calibrated in inches. Have some symmetry will ya?

When Buhari was trying to get in and fomenting trouble after losing out four consecutive times, he was being compared to Abraham Lincoln. Now, that Atiku is doing same, it's because he is desperate.

I'm really looking forward to knowing that saint that has the magic solution for Nigeria's problems that you are referring to. I'd like to know his name.

And I'm not exactly rooting for Atiku, I couldn't care less if a rat becomes the President; I'm just not going to sit tight while you guys try to foist another disaster because you guys never learn.

You've used lots of adjectives to describe Atiku, none of which are accurate. "Directionless?!" Atiku directionless, are you out of your mind? Look at his history, does he look like someone who is directionless?

And then you type this:

Which is exactly the same thing I said in the opening half of the message you quoted.

You may not like the choices you are presented with, but you've got to make a choice. And when you do, ensure you choose "a bad apple from a basket of rotten apples."

Or better still, don't vote.

If it were up to me, only monks, nuns, and ascetics would rule.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Buhari Is Not Running In 2019, I Will Go With Atiku Abubakar. by hucienda: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2017
^ Adam on point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emptiness Of Life & Vanity Of Earthly Wealth / Obaseki Names Labour House After Oshiomhole / Nigeria Independence Day Celebration In Kaduna (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.