Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (57099 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
ayorinde217:

you are on point bro, what's the motive behind the establishment of those churches? what people are after this day is miracle and that's why they are easily deceived by fake pastors I call fraudster

That's how one former Rev. Fr Aligwe left Catholic Church in Abakaliki. He was a fire-brand priest. Catholic Bishop of Abakaliki Diocese did all he could to make him see reason and return, but he refused. Then they allowed him to go. He then went into voodooism, gathering d few Catholics that left with him and turned them into imbeciles. One woman i know that attends his congregation left her husband and children, citing that there's no marriage in heaven. Everywhere she goes, she would wield a small crucifix in her hand, even while sleeping. Together with her sisters, they started behaving like mentally deranged pple after being to d man's church. Now, one of d sisters is dead cos of that. D husband, after about 10-year plea, remarried.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by leofab(f): 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:
he found out the Truth that Catholic church is a demonic church who worship Mary instead of the son of God.

No one comes through the father except through me! he didn't say no one comes through virgin Mary undecided

why will a sane man be praying to Mary and be worshiping a carved status of Mary?
it shows that the church is practicing idolatry.
snf the Bible you carry up and down isn't idolatory Keep fooling around thinking God is a Christian
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by patola080(m): 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2017
INCREDIBLEGUY:
anumpara,,,, madman
o de omo
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by goingape1: 10:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
leofab:
snf the Bible you carry up and down isn't idolatory Keep fooling around thinking God is a Christian
keep fooling around doing prostitution.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
INCREDIBLEGUY:
catholic is a church of Satan,, please beware ,,,, Catholic is filled with robbers drunk people prostitute ,,please run
A Rev. Father left Catholic Church, opened his own church or should i call it "satanic congregation" where people that attended it, turned to mentally deranged people who thereafter left their marriages, and started wielding crucifixes in their hands wherever they go. One woman left her marriage; d other man left his lucrative tailoring biz and advised his starving children not to worry, that it's better they starve on earth and enjoy when they die. Similarly, another fire brand evangelist in Anglican Church was transferred by d Bishop. He refused and opened his own church, became a praise singer/fake prophet for politicians. Today, his end is filled with sadness. So, don't say what u don't know. Catholic Church is not demonic. They leave cos of lust, greed & worldly desires which they crave all d time.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Greenthumb(m): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2017
Luisema4luv:

Re u jesus, if no pls shut up
Reason bn dat he is nt 4 christ bt for greed nd wil end up misleading dem

Sorry, but you got a shallow thought process, fix up
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by chiiraq802(m): 10:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
Business time...Blessing time
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by sniperr007(m): 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:
have read about it!

very occultist

Yes. And its not occult.

Oga. Use google often.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Luisema4luv(m): 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
Greenthumb:

Sorry, but you got a shallow thought process, fix up

U with deep thought process yet stil produce garbage, thankz i wil go wit mine
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2017
Luisema4luv:

Oga u no nothing, everybody can access Google, if u need any ans to questions bothering u, send me a pm 4 enlightenment

Dispute this one in this forum ...I am not interest in behind the scene discuss with you

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Arielle: 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
goingape1:
he found out the Truth that Catholic church is a demonic church who worship Mary instead of the son of God.

No one comes through the father except through me! he didn't say no one comes through virgin Mary undecided

why will a sane man be praying to Mary and be worshiping a carved status of Mary?
Did any catholic tell you they worship Mary? Have you even listened to a Catholic mass or even one catholic prayer? Or as usual you just regurgitate what your over-worshipped pastor tells you. I feel sorry for you people. Really truly sorry. Attend one Catholic mass and you'd be very surprised. Left to me, the Catholic church would go back to the old pure traditional catholic way, not this pentecostalization of the the mass as is being done in Nigeria. This reverend father whatever his name is, knows what he's searching for, but its not God.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Ngene44: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
sacluxisback:
Catholics are just too judgemental for my liking sometimes.

As if Jesus wasn't enough for our sins,they included purgatory.

The ostracization spells secret cult like fellowship.

Not cool
which church do you attend? u speak as if your pastor and members including you have automatic ticket to heaven unlike the Catholics.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by gemale(m): 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2017
oluvick:

Patrick Edet, while serving in the Catholic Diocese of Uyo, ran a ‘Pentecostal-styled’ fellowship called Grace Family Outreach within the Catholic structure.

The ignorance in the world is alarming! Roman Catholic Church is not same as Catholic Church. The man can only resign from Roman Catholic Church and NOT Catholic Church. Resigning from Catholic Church means he's no longer a Christian!

Catholic means universal. And, Roman Catholic Church does not covers the entire Body of Christ!

The body of Christ was founded by Jesus yes/no? Please which church has Jesus Christ as its actual founder? Which church can historically trace its origin to Jesus Christ? The catholic church was founded when Jesus said to simon "you are peter (rock) & on this rock I would build MY CHURCH (not churches)". That is how the catholic church came to be. It was called catholic because it was one at that time similar to the way believers were called Christians at antioch. It was because of the unity and uniformity in doctrines taught that the catholic church got its name. That was before people started separating from the church. The Roman portion came because the pope (peter's successor) became the bishop of rome. See the early apostles & believers. None went & set up his own church independent or unanswerable to the apostles. See when Philip preached in samaria. He had to call the other apostles who sent peter & john to lay hands on the converts. He didn't break away. When there was a dispute about the doctrine of circumcision, they all gathered together in Jerusalem & were able to reach a consensus guided by the Holy Spirit because of unity Check the history of any other church. It likely began when a man said that he was called by God & separated from his former church, sometimes in an acrimonious manner using charisma & cunning to lure some members of the movement he formerly belonged to. Sects & denominations arose in Christianity mostly because of rebellion & inability of the founders of those Sects to submit to the catholic church. The law of sowing & reaping manifested itself in most if not all of those movements. The people under them also rebelled & broke away to form their own denominations & the cycle continues until today If you read the bible, you would know that what obtains now wasn't so at the beginning. Believers all worshipped in 1 accord. Even St Paul spoke against any form of division in 1 Corinthians when he warned them against saying "i am for paul" or "i am for Apollos". We at the catholic church are encouraged to pray for the reunification of our separated brethren so that the body of Christ can once again be truly one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by captain89: 11:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
church business is the best business in Nigeria, it is a legitimate scam....while I need 300k to go to the law school and begging people who will turn deaf hair to my plea for help...the same set of people will gladly give 300k to an already rich pastor who actually does not need the money..religion is a curse in Africa
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
kingtobi95:

The Nigerian priest, who resigned recently from the Catholic Church in Nigeria, has officially launched his own church in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Patrick Edet, while serving in the Catholic Diocese of Uyo, ran a ‘Pentecostal-styled’ fellowship called Grace Family Outreach within the Catholic structure.

Mr. Edet, who had been a Catholic priest for more than 11 years, stunned the Catholic community in Akwa Ibom when he announced on a live radio programme on August 2 that he was leaving the Catholic Church to live his life as an independent cleric.

The Catholic Church later responded by stripping him of the rights and privileges enjoyed by priests and also barred Catholics from relating with him.

There has been a measure of excitement in Uyo over the recent launch of Mr. Edet’s ministry since his exit from the Catholic fold.

Some Catholic members, PREMIUM TIMES found out, have been attending the programme, even though the Catholic Bishop of Uyo Diocese, John Ayah, had earlier warned that any Catholic member who attends his programme or identifies with him (Mr Edet) in any way “does so at the risk of his or her Catholic faith and membership.”

Mr. Edet on September 1 launched a “mega revival” programme in Uyo, using his outreach.

The eight-day programme, which he tagged “The Great Awakening”, is currently holding in a city hall and has been attracting large crowds daily.

He has also erected billboards at strategic locations within the city to announce the programme which is his first major public outing since he quit the Catholic Church in August.

A member of the outreach, who gave his name simply as Chukwuemeka, told PREMIUM TIMES on telephone that Mr. Edet would be holding subsequent meetings in the city hall.
He didn’t, however, say how often the meetings would take place.

On Saturday, during the second day of the church programme, several people defied the heavy rainfall to attend his programme.

About six police officers were deployed to guard the congregation during the programme.

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/nigerian-priest-resigned-catholic-church-launches-ministry/

Christianity has always been about the Benjamin's nah
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by MaryKaku007(m): 11:59pm On Sep 07, 2017
[s][/s]
goingape1:

[s][/s]

It's a Curse to say what you don't know..
Catholics Honour Mary, they don't worship her... Mary is seen as a great picture and mediator to the son, it's a believe... we should respect believe...

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Vallter192(m): 12:01am On Sep 08, 2017
rozayx5:
he is a nice man

i know most catholics will hate on him

He won't be hated, he only wanted to create the hatred by himself. I hope he won't regret it too late
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Vallter192(m): 12:27am On Sep 08, 2017
DanseMacabre:
See gbese o. Person wey leave of him own freewill, una come excommunicate am, come wan ostracise am join.

Shey Roman Catholic Church don turn cult ni

Oga ex-father, abeg carry dey go, we go come your fellowship. We just hope say you never collabo with all those diabolicals o.

Go and join his ministry
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Vallter192(m): 12:34am On Sep 08, 2017
DanseMacabre:
See gbese o. Person wey leave of him own freewill, una come excommunicate am, come wan ostracise am join.

Shey Roman Catholic Church don turn cult ni

Oga ex-father, abeg carry dey go, we go come your fellowship. We just hope say you never collabo with all those diabolicals o.

Go and join his ministry
INCREDIBLEGUY:
as I said earlier if you are in Catholic please run out,,, before the judgment fall on you all,,,,,,
You are the ones who should run from ignorance and stupidity
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Vallter192(m): 12:37am On Sep 08, 2017
goingape1:

I hope God will forgive u and cleanse u of ur sins for u don't know what u say or do!!!
Read more about The Blessed Virgin Mary and Her connection with Catholicism before u talk anywhere about The Church. Don't let ur ignorance and stupidity mislead u
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by gemale(m): 12:45am On Sep 08, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Grace is not conferred by title sir ... It is a product of honest walk with Elohim
So anybody in your church can mount the pulpit & preach on Sundays as long as they are believers right? Anyone can walk into your church & proclaim himself the head Pastor or general overseer as long as he claims he's anointed? There is a special oil that comes from separation & preparation. After all, why didn't the Holy Spirit in the acts of the apostles tell all the believers gathered to undergo the mission He gave paul & Barnabas? Some certain tasks are given to those who have shown with action that they are indeed able to achieve it. You think to become a priest is a walk in the park? One spends grueling years in the seminary to see if 1 is truly committed & can persevere. Also, it's to prepare one for the trials & challenges 1 would encounter as an ordained priest. It is expected that 1 learns to avail himself to the grace of God & see himself as a servant to all in the seminary. Hence, at ordination, one is empowered by a bishop to dispense the sacraments because he has shown himself over the years to be a willing tool in the hands of God. That is order, which is encouraged in the house of God to eschew chaos & confusion, of which God is no author of. St Paul tells us in 1 corinthians 14 that things in the house of God should be done decently & with order. If that person in the future reneges, it stands to order that he should be stripped of his office & the authority to dispense those sacraments.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:49am On Sep 08, 2017
See our youths arguing about religion, this is better than that, you are all semi crazy, even the so called angels couldn't agree on who would be god so I don't expect you the followers to agree
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by leofab(f): 1:44am On Sep 08, 2017
goingape1:
keep fooling around doing prostitution.
as naive as you are ; keep thinking God is a Christian.. slave mentality

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by gemale(m): 1:45am On Sep 08, 2017
goingape1:
hash but I was a catholic member, I even participated in there demonic Mary stuff before I was delivered.

the Jesus chain and Mary chain the members wear is a form of charm or rather occultist amulet for protection!

believe me bro! catholic is a demonic church
I assume you meant the chaplet that is used to pray the rosary? You know that it is used to avoid miscounting & also serves to reduce absentmindedness while reciting the rosary right? The power lies in the prayer not in the chaplet. Most catholics wear the chaplet because of proximity ie there is less tendency to lose it when its around your neck. Others do it as a Mark of identity (to proclaim openly that one is a catholic & not ashamed). Did you ever meditate on the rosary when you prayed it? I don't think so. If you had, you would know that it is a beautiful, divinely inspired prayer. From the first line "come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of the faithful; and enkindle in them the fire of thy love", you invite the Paraclete to fill your heart & increase the love of God within you. Can't you remember what cleopas & his friend said to each other after Jesus appeared to them on the way to emmaus "did our hearts not burn within us when He taught us". That was the Holy Spirit at work. Even though they couldn't recognize Jesus as He walked with them, the words he spoke stirred the flames of faith within them. Jesus warned us that a sign of the end time is that the love of many would wax cold. We ask the Holy Spirit to keep our love for God alive with His fire instead of asking Holy Ghost fire to fall & consume our perceived enemies. What about the hail Mary? In the 1st half, you recite scripture, the message of God passed by angel Gabriel & the revelation to elizabeth by the Holy Spirit. In the second half, you ask Mary, the mother of God (or you want to say Jesus isn't God despite what was written in john 1:1) and our mother (1 of the last words of Jesus on the cross) to pray for you, a sinner (romans 3:23) now & the moment you are about to breathe your last. Is that not far more mature than crying for breakthrough, favour, spouse & other ephemeral things of this world? Please how many times in your new church do you pray about the day you would die? You know that 1 day (should Jesus tarry), it is certain that you, me & every human would have to pass through the portals of death. That is the most important moment in our life. If 1 loses faith that very moment, 1 would be condemned no matter how faithful 1 has been up to that point. See the thief at the right side of Jesus. In his last moment, he acknowledged Jesus as Lord & obtained salvation & eternal life despite his offences. Look at the 4 mysteries of the rosary. You meditate on the birth, earthly ministry, death & resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ respectively as you pray the joyful, luminous, sorrowful & glorious mysteries. Meditation on the sorrowful mysteries is bound to evoke contrition & godly sorrow for sins committed especially the scourging at the pillar (for me). My brother, i beg you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Hurry back to the fold. You are like a man who has traded his land rich in gold deposit for a few meagre gold coins. It wasn't by error you were born into the catholic faith. Mine the land you were given & discover the true riches embedded within.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by ikemesit4477: 2:50am On Sep 08, 2017
Marriage things loading!!!
kingtobi95:

The Nigerian priest, who resigned recently from the Catholic Church in Nigeria, has officially launched his own church in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Mr. Edet, who had been a Catholic priest for more than 11 years, stunned the Catholic community in Akwa Ibom when he announced on a live radio programme on August 2 that he was leaving the Catholic Church to live his life as an independent cleric.

The Catholic Church later responded by stripping him of the rights and privileges enjoyed by priests and also barred Catholics from relating with him.

There has been a measure of excitement in Uyo over the recent launch of Mr. Edet’s ministry since his exit from the Catholic fold.

Some Catholic members, PREMIUM TIMES found out, have been attending the programme, even though the Catholic Bishop of Uyo Diocese, John Ayah, had earlier warned that any Catholic member who attends his programme or identifies with him (Mr Edet) in any way “does so at the risk of his or her Catholic faith and membership.”

Mr. Edet on September 1 launched a “mega revival” programme in Uyo, using his outreach.

The eight-day programme, which he tagged “The Great Awakening”, is currently holding in a city hall and has been attracting large crowds daily.

He has also erected billboards at strategic locations within the city to announce the programme which is his first major public outing since he quit the Catholic Church in August.

A member of the outreach, who gave his name simply as Chukwuemeka, told PREMIUM TIMES on telephone that Mr. Edet would be holding subsequent meetings in the city hall.
He didn’t, however, say how often the meetings would take place.

On Saturday, during the second day of the church programme, several people defied the heavy rainfall to attend his programme.

About six police officers were deployed to guard the congregation during the programme.

https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/nigerian-priest-resigned-catholic-church-launches-ministry/
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Vicvalentine: 3:48am On Sep 08, 2017
Firstly I am a Catholic, I attend mass, just to listen to the word and apply to my daily life.

And all these I have read about Mary or so ,
Here's what I say about it.
We all know that Mary through the holy spirit conceived the saviour (Christ Jesus).

I know there are some many wrong doctrines in the Catholic church which should be abandoned.

And I urge my fellow Catholic members in the Lord to please do not share the Glory of God with any form or thing .

Pray to Him always, He's available to answer your prayers, if you need knowledge, you can ask of it from him or better still meditate on the Word daily .

And I pray our eyes and mind be opened to see the Truth.

Let God alone be praised and Glorified
No one is greater than God Almighty.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by suavetony(m): 3:58am On Sep 08, 2017
goingape1:

Do not condemn yourself by saying what you are not sure of...do not judge! Apply a bit of logical reasoning in every matter. But just to enlighten you a bit...have you heard about the first miracle of Jesus...Mary's intersection in John Chapter 2; The expulsion of Adam and Eve from Eden what God told the serpent? Gen 3:14-15, The countless prophesy about the coming of Jesus from the old testament, the story of the announcement of Jesus in Luke 1:1-56...most churches hate to read this particular chapter! We don't worship Mary but honour her because God honoured her first. As for me I will forever honour her and will die a Catholic...'Et Unam Sanctam Catholicam et Apostolicam Ecclesiam'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 08, 2017
INCREDIBLEGUY:
so you will die and continue your catholic in hell,,, there you will see all your father and Reverend dancing with satan

You really need to check yourself, how can a human being speak this way?
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Vicvalentine: 4:15am On Sep 08, 2017
suavetony:

Do not condemn yourself by saying what you are not sure of...do not judge! Apply a bit of logical reasoning in every matter. But just to enlighten you a bit...have you heard about the first miracle of Jesus...Mary's intersection in John Chapter 2; The expulsion of Adam and Eve from Eden what God told the serpent? Gen 3:14-15, The countless prophesy about the coming of Jesus from the old testament, the story of the announcement of Jesus in Luke 1:1-56...most churches hate to read this particular chapter! We don't worship Mary but honour her because God honoured her first. As for me I will forever honour her and will die a Catholic...'Et Unam Sanctam Catholicam et Apostolicam Ecclesiam'.

For me , I don't have any problem with the honouring of Mary (luke 1:28), in fact I respect Mary a lot, for the fact that she was found worthy to bear our Saviour (Christ Jesus) through the power of the holy spirit.

And she herself pointed that she's a servant of the Lord and God is her Saviour .

But what doesn't actually go right with me is the fact that statues are built and people actually go there to pray. That's very wrong. Even the statues are not the real Mary from the bible ,it is just a total hallucinations.

Nothing is wrong if Mary is been remembered in our hearts as the one who was found worthy to bear our Saviour, that's just a remembrance.

I believe in God Almighty, Creator of the whole universe

Although am a Catholic, but its is good to ask questions, Not just been blinded by some false doctrine which are not pure rather a man made theory.

We should be very careful.
May God deliver and cleanse us all from every impurities.

Amen

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by cotmag(m): 4:28am On Sep 08, 2017
goingape1:

I wish you know what you are saying.
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by centboy123456(m): 4:30am On Sep 08, 2017
talk2emma:

Just look at the way you are embarrassing your self if there is anything you don't about catholic church why not ask questions than to show your ignorance

he is right u fool Catholic church is a demonic church
Re: Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 08, 2017
Ngene44:
which church do you attend? u speak as if your pastor and members including you have automatic ticket to heaven unlike the Catholics.

I was born catholic but whenever I dug deep in the bible to find out references of their doctrines. No answers. And whenever you question, they get apprehensive or aggressive.

The ex-priest had a different calling, why not wish him well. If his current calling can bring him close to God, why banish and ostracize?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) / Ese Walter Visits COZA In Disguise, Recounts Experience / The Evil Mission Of Pastor Adeboye In Akwa Ibom State By Inibehe Effiong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.