Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Show Some Compassion For Turai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Show Some Compassion For Turai (6365 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Disputed Abuja Land: Patience, Turai To Give Final Address / Wikileaks:shell's Pickard Says Turai, Tanimu, Nnpc Gmd Yar'adua Collected Bribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by rickie4us(m): 8:53pm On Feb 27, 2010
hi, just found this picture of the present state of Yaradua ,
I don't see him coming back here to rule ,

Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by macroworld: 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2010
I am disappointed at the level of filth coming through on nairaland these days. It is gradually turning from a forum where you can discuss sensibly to some filth place. Its bad enough that someone could post some disturbing sexual images on these sites and its worse that nairaland would not follow a moral path to removing such filth. I have noted in recent times that people find images or some statements disturbing and advise Seun or the moderator to remove it and nothing happens. Its just coming across to me that Seun and his staff do not give a damn to concerns of people who use the forum.

If this is Nairaland's disposition to morality, then that is concerning. For this reason, I would follow the path of morality and cease to read or contribute to Nairaland. Its a shame because there are so many Nigerians and foreigners who contribute positively to this site.

I wish everyone who use Nairaland the best, but I can not stand the level of filth that comes through on this site, as in the example of this thread.
I am sure there are other Nigerian fora around that are morally sound and have intelligent discussions on, I only need to google and evaluate the contents on the sites.

Bye for now Nairalanders
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Rastamann: 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2010
Nigerians should see they are praying for and why they are praying for him. How can you hide someone and ask people to keep praying for him? Nigerians should be able to see him, to make sure that he is actually sick and then pray for him.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Mkpotu(m): 9:33pm On Feb 27, 2010
Wen Yaradua left the country in Nov. 2009, everybody pitied d family & prayed 4 his quick recovery.
We should stop deceiving ourselves, no reasonable woman will allow her husband's ill health to be ridiculed to the extent Turai is doing. I t is a pity bc she is power drunk.

People should stop saying some cabal bc she is part of the cabal.

If she is sincere & not power drunk, why not put down her husband's resignation on grounds of ILL HEALT, which ofcourse will be more honourable & draw compassion for the family. But i tel u, d way things are going, i do not think any sensible or reasonable Nigerian will have compassion on the family any longer.

Cant Turai differentiate b/w her right & left, for the POSTER to say she is being used by cabals?
What about her grown up daughters, are they happy wt the way dia fada is being mocked?
What about Yaradua's broda, are they happy too?

Lets be realistic, the family is a power drunk family.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Kilode1: 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hapless, poverty stricken, Over abused. No water, no light, no security, no emergency services, poorly educated, voiceless Nigerians who can't even afford to fall sick, deserve some Compassion too.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2010
Nigerians are compassionate people and its sad that yardua had to go thru all this political maneoverings in such state of health. However most nigerians are angry with her cos of d role shes been playing in this powergame which may have robbed her of any iota of compassion. I pity turai cos at d end she'l be alone even her cohorts and advisers will abandon her except she thread d path of honour and ask 4 forgiveness 4rm nigerians!
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
macroworld:

I am disappointed at the level of filth coming through on nairaland these days. It is gradually turning from a forum where you can discuss sensibly to some filth place. Its bad enough that someone could post some disturbing sexual images on these sites and its worse that nairaland would not follow a moral path to removing such filth. I have noted in recent times that people find images or some statements disturbing and advise Seun or the moderator to remove it and nothing happens. Its just coming across to me that Seun and his staff do not give a damn to concerns of people who use the forum.

If this is Nairaland's disposition to morality, then that is concerning. For this reason, I would follow the path of morality and cease to read or contribute to Nairaland. Its a shame because there are so many Nigerians and foreigners who contribute positively to this site.

I wish everyone who use Nairaland the best, but I can not stand the level of filth that comes through on this site, as in the example of this thread.
I am sure there are other Nigerian fora around that are morally sound and have intelligent discussions on, I only need to google and evaluate the contents on the sites.

Bye for now Nairalanders

My brother I was so upset , angry and mad at the audacity some peverts had to come to this site and post disgusting pictures of those animals.

I tried to contact the Moderator Kosovo but he was offline.

Its sick and has to stop
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Beaf: 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2010
When the dust settles, Turai will either end up in jail, in exile or in the madhouse. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Virtueways(f): 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hello Nairalanders, i do feel exicted coming on board,i have been a guest for some time now untill i decided to register.
Sincerely I believe my contributions will assist to sensitize the forum. I encourage old memebers not to leave just because of  d presence of a few who have no values! LETS OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Aderupoko2: 10:32pm On Feb 27, 2010
Don't you think Nigerian masses deserve more compassion?
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by strngeland: 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2010
The photos of the armed robbery referred to and posted by samcc (circa 7am) is likely to remain with me for a long time.

I am surprised that aside of a couple of other reactions, people seem not to have  noticed, those corpses are other people's brothers, sisters, child, husband, wife and for the grace of God they could have been any of us.

The lack of reaction shocks me and beg the question, what is happening to us as a nation, have we become so 'dehumanised'?

I am not a fan of Nigerian politics nor of Yar Adua but when people do not have empathy, it is easy to become wicked as evident in our body politics, those who can imagine:
* the challenges of poverty
* the hopelessness of watching loved ones die for lack of basic medical infrastructure in the land of their birth
*death from generator explosions not to mention the noise and environmental pollution
* young and old graduates without the chance of legitimate employment, the list goes on and on and on,  those who cannot see themselves in the shoes of others are not likely to be aware that others suffer!!! nor will they be willing to alleviate that suffering

For all those who pontificate  about the ills of our society, daily ask: by my current actions in private and public, if given same opportuity will I be better? if you can feel for such a harrowing sight as presented in that picture, will you feel for your  constituents when you become Chief-senator- pastor-alhaji-Eze e-be-my turn?
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by rasputinn(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2010
I see so many f.oolish unwise people posting pitiable drivel here,you want to show compassion for Turai,has she shown compassion for herself,her husband and her family,rather the Bi.tch is busy thirsting after political power and arrogating to herself powers she doesn't have,why would any right-thinking person show compassion on Turai that will amount crying more than the berieved

I only pity Umaru Yar Adua for marrying a witch who obviously loves political power more than she pretends to love her husband

Anyways,let him just die,and quickly too so Turai can move back to Katsina to sell kunu
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2010
strngeland:

The photos of the armed robbery referred to and posted by samcc (circa 7am) is likely to remain with me for a long time.

I am surprised that aside of a couple of other reactions, people seem not to have  noticed, those corpses are other people's brothers, sisters, child, husband, wife and for the grace of God they could have been any of us.

The lack of reaction shocks me and beg the question, what is happening to us as a nation, have we become so 'dehumanised'?

I am not a fan of Nigerian politics nor of Yar Adua but when people do not have empathy, it is easy to become wicked as evident in our body politics, those who can imagine:
* the challenges of poverty
* the hopelessness of watching loved ones die for lack of basic medical infrastructure in the land of their birth
*death from generator explosions not to mention the noise and environmental pollution
* young and old graduates without the chance of legitimate employment, the list goes on and on and on,  those who cannot see themselves in the shoes of others are not likely to be aware that others suffer!!! nor will they  be willing to alleviate that suffering

For all those who pontificate  about the ills of our society, daily ask: by my current actions in private and public, if given same opportuity will I be better? if you can feel for such a harrowing sight as presented in that picture, will you feel for your  constituents when you become Chief-senator- pastor-alhaji-Eze e-be-my turn?

Okay maybe you're not aware but the armed robbery incident has been posted a few times on this forum and many of us have expressed our sadness at the madness and lack of humanity pervading our society.

l am not sure why was inserted into this particular topic.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
rasputinn:

I see so many f.oolish unwise people posting pitiable drivel here,you want to show compassion for Turai,has she shown compassion for herself,her husband and her family,rather the Bi.tch is busy thirsting after political power and arrogating to herself powers she doesn't have,why would any right-thinking person show compassion on Turai that will amount crying more than the berieved

I only pity Umaru Yar Adua for marrying a witch who obviously loves political power more than she pretends to love her husband

Anyways,let him just die,and quickly too so Turai can move back to Katsina to sell kunu

You think you are being cool by posting nonsense, because many of us do not hold your opinion does not automatically make us unwise.

In fact many of us are more careful to come to conclusions with proper analysis and perspective.

That is the problem with many of us today in Nigeria, we are quick to jump on the bus of gossip and rumours and then make ill informed judgements and decisions.

Do you really think that this woman has the capacity to hold off all those powerful cabal members including the military?

Please leave this woman to nurse her husband.

Hypocrite!!!!
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by elderbros(m): 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2010
Kilode?!:

Hapless, poverty stricken, Over abused. No water, no light, no security, no emergency services, poorly educated, voiceless Nigerians who can't even afford to fall sick, deserve some Compassion too.
cry
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by rasputinn(m): 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2010
frosbel:

Okay maybe you're not aware but the armed robbery incident has been posted a few times on this forum and many of us have expressed our sadness at the madness and lack of humanity pervading our society.

l am not sure why was inserted into this particular topic.

This is the first time I'm seeing the photo and that driver has the blood of those victims on his cowardly head,he should have refused to do the bidding of the robbers and let them kill him instead,God and man would have remembered him for good.

I wonder how he sleeps
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2010
The way she handled this issue from the begining was not good at all. She could have come out to adress the nation on behalf of the nation, even if she doesnt want anyone to see her husband. People would have pitied her.
And now everything is coming back to her. And its gonna hit her so fast and hard, Cos all those power drunk guys sorrounding her will all disappear with her husband's death.

Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2010
ifedy:

The way she handled this issue from the begining was not good at all. She could have come out to adress the nation on behalf of the nation, even if she doesnt want anyone to see her husband. People would have pitied her.
And now everything is coming back to her. And its gonna hit her so fast and hard, Cos all those power drunk guys sorrounding her will all disappear with her husband's death.

Let me ask you a simple question.

Why should she address the nation when she has no executive powers ?? She is his wife yes, BUT it is the duty of the Vice President or the Senate to address the nation not the President's wife.

And you are partly right about the power drunk guys surrounding her, those are the devils holding this nation to ransome and using her and husband as TOOLs for this purpose.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2010
elderbros:

cry

Obviously you are very right, I am only trying to bring out this Turai controversy into a different perspective.

She is so hated right now and that mostly because of gossip , nobody can really say for sure what is going on.

Why would she want people to see her husband in a diminished and aids like state ??
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2010
And for all of you who have called me a Turai supporter I am not bothered or surprised, I am Igbo by the way and not a Notherner just in case your tribalistic minds start pulling you in that direction, lol smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by obelisk(m): 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2010
@ all,if we want to show compassion,please lets not restrict it to the yardy's.
spread the love to the thousands dying daily in our ill equipped clinics and who cant afford to fly to saudi.
spread it to our folks in the hinterlands and the creeks who die before they get to the ill equipped hospitals.
the yardy's r humans, i feel their pain.however we also agree they hv a lot going for them.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Katsumoto: 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2010
frosbel:

And for all of you who have called me a Turai supporter I am not bothered or surprised, I am Igbo by the way and not a Notherner just in case your tribalistic minds start pulling you in that direction, lol smiley

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

When did tribe stop apologists from kissing a.s.s.?
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by VIPICO(m): 12:19am On Feb 28, 2010
When the fat, ugly monster that occupied 'asshole rock' from 1999 to 2007 and ended up imposing this man on us was campaigning for his Peoples Destruction party (PDP) in 2007 with a microphone and mobile phone in hand on the podium, and in his usual terrible-sounding voice was spurting, 'Umuro, you don die?", I looked at the state of the nation then I can still recall very vividly that I said a very simple prayer for both Yaradua and my beloved country.

I said this sick man that this monster is imposing on us, if he assumes power and selflessly charts the affairs of this country in a way that clearly shows an unalloyed commitment to take us out of the woods, may the Almighty God heal him of whatever was ailing him. But if he takes over power and we still find ourselves as the richest counrty in a region that is surrounded by smaller countries like Benin Republic and Cameroun which have 24-hour electricity but we that are the richest in the region in terms of natural resources are still wallowing in darkness and backwardness, may his sickness get worse and may he die in office.

We all know how he came in and built a very beatiful throne for corruption with people like Aondoaka and Ibori as his best friends.

Guys, this is just the beginning. Mark my words from now on, so many people will be scared to live in Aso Rock. More heads will roll untill we have messaihs that will do their very best to fulfill the will of God for this counrty. You just watch and see.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 28, 2010
To all pity parties of Turai on this thread. Do u know how many patients died in general hospitals nationwide that experienced stock outs of medical supplies due to the slow pace at which contracts were awarded and implemented just be it's permanent secretary and 16 others in several ministries were yet to be sworn by the president and assume office. Whether she was ill-advised or not I have NO sympathy for Turai, on the contrary, i believe she should be charged with Treason for placing her selfish interest over that of 150m Nigerians. The office of the president is not a birth right of the Yaradua family.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nobody: 12:41am On Feb 28, 2010
frosbel:

Let me ask you a simple question.

Why should she address the nation when she has no executive powers ?? She is his wife yes, BUT it is the duty of the Vice President or the Senate to address the nation not the President's wife.

And you are partly right about the power drunk guys surrounding her, those are the devils holding this nation to ransome and using her and husband as TOOLs for this purpose.

She could have granted the newspapers an interview or talked to the V.P and he could have adressed the nation if she is not in the capacity to do so.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by CGKing(m): 12:51am On Feb 28, 2010
Bullshit! Id rather have compassion for the many Nigerians whom unlearnedness have made helpless. If turai really wanted her husband to step down, he would have done that long time. Rather, i see her greedy self trying to force life back to him so she wont have to relinquich her position or upset Ngeria with his ded presence.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Katsumoto: 1:14am On Feb 28, 2010
@ katsumoto. Did u xpect roadside mechanics to marry the president's daughters? What proof does one have that Turai is guilty of these accusations, what has she said or done to warrant these blind opprobium?

Slap1,
Many men would object to their daughters marrying roadside mechanics; I also expect many to object to their daughters marrying men who are in the same generation as them (fathers) just for economic or political reasons and to become 3rd or 4th wives.
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by simplychic(f): 1:17am On Feb 28, 2010
All my life i have never seen anyone as dumb as beaf,he has said anything sensible,am sure he is frustrated like someone said.
Any @ beaf
I wish you the same thing that is happening to the president.
Ciao!
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by tpiah: 1:20am On Feb 28, 2010
When the fat, ugly monster that occupied 'asshole rock' from 1999 to 2007 and ended up imposing this man on us was campaigning for his Peoples Destruction party (PDP) in 2007 with a microphone and mobile phone in hand on the podium, and in his usual terrible-sounding voice was spurting, 'Umuro, you don die?"

na OBJ et al you finish like this?

shocked shocked

I can still recall very vividly that I said a very simple prayer for both Yaradua and my beloved country

yeah right undecided
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by rickie4us(m): 4:02am On Feb 28, 2010
mama-gee:

If they deserve compassion, Nigerians deserve an apology for wasting our time
and making us a country without a president.
thank u for that

Rastamann:

Nigerians should see they are praying for and why they are praying for him. How can you hide someone and ask people to keep praying for him? Nigerians should be able to see him, to make sure that he is actually sick and then pray for him.

after all, we don't even know if he is dead , pls, don't get me wrong , they should just come out with the true state of the president's health and not mere speculations ,
these politicians are surely taking us for a ride
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Sonofpeace(m): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2010
Why should any gud Nigerian av compassion for Turai when she is the jezebel of our time, i dont care nor even know that she exist because she didnt care about Nigerians. I only pray God to grant Yaradua eternal rest in his bosom cos they av wasted useful time on muslims marabout en juju people instead of coming to God almighty for healing,
Re: Show Some Compassion For Turai by Nimshi: 11:32am On Feb 28, 2010
Who're these depraved hypocrites writing about "morality" and discussing about "[Mrs. Yar'Adua] on a personal level"?

Hypocrites, filthy things, depraved humans with misplaced priorities.

A country of over 150 million is held hostage by a single man and his wife.

And your concern is about getting personal and preaching a warped morality?

Spit.

Let's discuss national issues.

And if you must get pesonal, then think about what all the funds used for this terminally ill president's medical care could have been used for back at home.

Think of all those poor women and defenceless children who can't afford cheap malaria drugs. Think of everyone who's died since Mr. Yar'Adua became sick, simply because medical care is lacking on the shores of Nigeria.

When you've done that, let's hear how that drooling mantra of "getting personal" and "humanity" and "compassion" would sound.

Rubbish.

Disgusting.

Would you m.orons argue that Mr. Yar'Adua's health is more important or Mrs. Yar'Adua's grief more profound than that of those poor Nigerians who don't make the news?

I.diotic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! / External Reserves Rise By $1.046bn In Less Than 1 Months / The Wasteful Senator(Sen.Dino Melaye):See For Yourself(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.