Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,383 members, 7,836,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB (5649 Views)

I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos, Saraki Tells Lagos PDP / 2019: Let’s Unite To Defeat Buhari – Kwankwaso To Saraki, Atiku, Others / What APC Must Do To Defeat PDP In 2019 Presidential Election - Hon. Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Afam4eva(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
Anticabal:

Is that what you were taught in Law school? These illiterate zombies funny sha!
I was about to engage the illiterate but i just became weak.

5 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by maclatunji: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'm willing to give you the opportunity to redeem yourself. You can start by stating that exact laws that Nnamdi Kanu has broken.

1. Piracy, illegal broadcasts

2. Incitement with the intent of causing public disorder.

3. Sedition

4. Treason
Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by 4direct: 12:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
Let the law decide
maclatunji:

3. Sedition

4. Treason

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by maclatunji: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I don't know how old you are but you are sound like a little naive boy under 20. Killing Nnamdi Kanu is the worst thing anyone can do at this point. You are too emotional to win any peace.

You think when Israel's Prime Minister mentioned Biafra and Cambodia, etc, Mossad had no eyes there already? If there's one thing that will destroy this country faster, it will be the murder of Nnamdi Kanu.

You guys are jokers. 'Trump will back Biafra, Israel will Support Biafra'.

Are you guys this slow?

The military is showing restraint, if it needs to use force it will, if you take up arms, it is still the East that will suffer.

6 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Afam4eva(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
maclatunji:

3. Sedition

4. Treason

You're doing fine so far...however, you're yet to tell us where the law states it and how Nnamdi Kanu has violated these laws. I'm sure you can hold your own because apparently you have a better grasp of the law than i do.

7 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by attackgat: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nemesis1:
You skipped that part where he went to solicit for weapons to fight Nigeria

And why do you think that the Nigerian Government could not charge him to court for solicitation of arms?

Because to solicit for arms in a country like America that recognises the right of an individual to bear arms is not illegal

Secondly, the law only recognises crimes that have been commited. Kanu is yet to fight Nigeria so he cannot be charged with an offense he has not yet commited.

In my view, Nnamdi Kanu has every right under chapter 4 of the Nigerian constitution to agitate for anything including Biafra

5 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by maclatunji: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2017
4direct:
Let the law decide

It definitely will. Our OP here was just posting like an uneducated market trader and I had to just point out how thrashy his submission is.
Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by maclatunji: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

You're doing fine so far...however, you're yet to tell us where the law states it and how Nnamdi Kanu has violated these laws. I'm sure you can hold your own because apparently you have a better grasp of the law than i do.

If you need an education, go get it. I am not here to tutor you.

Funny.

5 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Anticabal: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nemesis1:

It was thrown out?

OK

Yes it was, you can't convict anyone based on intent without actions.

You need to find a way to plant the guns inside his bedroom and make sure his finger prints are plastered all over them because Biafrans are ready to adopt forensic technology to prove his innocence. Too bad for you bro. grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by introvertedsoul: 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
I've been following the back and forth between the Nigerian government and the Indegenous People of Biafra and as much as we try to pass of majority of IPOB members as illiterates, the tactics deiced by their leader, is one that should be studied in schools as a way to fight for a course.

So, Nnamdi Kanu started his radio Biafra by making hate comments, even though considered bad by majority of Nigerians, he wasn't committing any crime as far as i know. I think that was why when he came into Nigeria, they couldn't arrest him because of the hate speeches because it would have sounded so weak an argument to warrant his arrest, so they made up the issue of him bringing in weapons, which was a more germane excuse to arrest him even though we all know it wasn't true but that did not stop the government from keeping him in detention for almost one year. The government knew they were losing especially after the courts granted him bail on several occasions which were not heeded by the powers that be.

Eventually, he was granted bail with very stringent and impossible clauses in a bid to quench the fire. It didn't work because Nnamdi Kanu flouted his bail conditions. They could have easily ordered for his re-arrest for daring to flout his bail conditions but they knew they really didn't have any cogent reason for the re-arrest because they had already flouted the law when they refused to release him initially.

Owing to Nnamdi Kanu's freedom, IPOB has become more assertive than ever before, with more members joining their ranks and the movements keeps gaining grounds as the day goes by. Now, the FG becamse worried and were thinking of a way to defeat this people since they have refused to carry guns or be violent. The best way they thought was to provoke them to carrying guns.

yes, you heard me. The federal government of Nigerians wants to provoke IPOB members to the point that they will carry guns and that would be a perfect excuse for the Nigerian army to declare them a terror group and sniff the life out of them and their movement.

My advise to IPOB is to keep their cool despite the provocations because when you're dead, there's be nobody fighting for the Biafra.

It's WAY WAY deeper than what you just wrote.
Igbos are falling for the trap.
Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by fergie001: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abagworo:
I just want Kanu killed that's all. His followers were misled
You want him killed just the way your boss,Rochas kills every month,right?
Ogboni Confraternity fall on u

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'm willing to give you the opportunity to redeem yourself. You can start by stating that exact laws that Nnamdi Kanu has broken.

Afam Nnamdi Kanu is guilty of sedition which is the crime of inciting people to commit violence. He has been pitting people against th Hausa Fulani, even going as far as to launch a BSS which is meant to fight them.
He has also repeatedly flouted his bail conditions which makes him liable to re-arrest. All these your talk about the FG disobeying court orders don't mean shit. There is no law that says that because FG disobeyed law they can't make pple to obey that same law. Nnamdi Kanu has erred and should be held accountable. If the Hausas were the ones inciting people against the Igbo in the north would you have supported them? Do not let hate for Buhari make you an abetter of extremism in the East.

8 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2017
maclatunji:

You guys are jokers. 'Trump will back Biafra, Israel will Support Biafra'.

Are you guys this slow?

The military is showing restraint, if it needs to use force it will, if you take up arms, it is still the East that will suffer.
Who are you guys and who said Trump or Israel will back Biafra? Are you that retarde'd? How is citing Netanyahu a testament a claim that Israel supports Biafra?

The problem with a lot of you is hypocrisy. On Facebook you guys are talking about the injustice been shown to Rohinga people but here you are against people advising against injustice.

Were soldiers right to have invaded civilian territory and killing some persons? If it didn't happen can we a honest investigation of the videos released? What exactly do you stand for?

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Nemesis1: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
Anticabal:

Is that what you were taught in Law school? These illiterate zombies funny sha!

Looks unlike the school your ancestors established, one idiot led 3M of your relatives to death like chicken

On the other hand, the zombie school I came from hasn't seen anybody massacred in my region, don't you think you need to change schools?

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by attackgat: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2017
maclatunji:

3. Sedition

4. Treason

But he has his case in court hasnt he? So until the courts says otherwise, you have the constitutional duty to take Kanu as "innocent until proven guilty"

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Nyouth: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abagworo:
and u think u are safe where you are if NK is killed this minute. I pity because there is no sense in you. u don't know what awaits Nigeria in this Biafra struggle. some people are still seeing it as political

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Afam4eva(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Afam Nnamdi Kanu is guilty of sedition which is the crime of inciting people to commit violence. He has been pitting people against th Hausa Fulani, even going as far as to launch a BSS which is meant to fight them.
He has also repeatedly flouted his bail conditions which makes him liable to re-arrest. All these your talk about the FG disobeying court orders don't mean shit. There is no law that says that because FG disobeyed law they can't make pple to obey that same law. Nnamdi Kanu has erred and should be held accountable. If the Hausas were the ones inciting people against the Igbo in the north would you have supported them? Do not let hate for Buhari make you an abetter of extremism in the East.
I think you can do better than Maclatunji. I see premise judging by your response.

Now, can you tell us on which particular occassion that Nnamdi Kanu incited violence against Hausa/Fulani people.

Can you also tell us where you got the information that BSS was setup to fight them. Did IPOB release a press statement to that effect?

On the issue of flouting his bail conditions. I think you have to look at his arrest in the first place. Was it legal? Why was his bail refused by the government? What offence made them arrest him in the first place. Even after his was eventually bailed out, why not continue to follow the court route despite yur own shortcomings. Why deploy the military to his house.

Mind you, you and i know that Northern youths made inciting comments but no ones is talking about them and how to arrest them. Why?

8 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Nemesis1: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Who are you guys and who said Trump or Israel will back Biafra? Are you that retarded? How is citing Netanyahu a testament a claim that Israel supports Biafra?

The problem with a lot of you is hypocrisy. On Facebook you guys are talking about the injustice been shown to Rohinga people but here you are against people advising against injustice.

Were soldiers right to have invaded civilian territory and killing some persons? If it didn't happen can we a honest investigation of the videos released? What exactly do you stand for?

Nigerian constitution allows Nigerian army to carry out training or operations in any part of the country as long as it's to protect Nigerias sovereignty

Nobody was killed Igbo touts looked for trouble by stoning the Convoy

Ogun state was invaded a few months back, some innocent Yoruba families were killed by air raids and nobody blocked or protested the army's presence

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by myright: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nemesis1:
You skipped that part where he went to solicit for weapons to fight Nigeria
in the said video, he asked for weapon for SELF DEFENCE. Provide the video link here lets re-watch and analyse

4 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 13, 2017
Dreambeat:
And you think they can sniff the life out of them that easily.You must be living in the stone age.Some of you just think that the way war was fought in the 60s will be the same way it would be fought in 2017 and beyond.You will all get a rude awakening.Whoever is pushing the military to start this assault on Igbos should think twice because the aftermath will consume EVERYBODY,and ofcourse that will be the end of Nigeria.You can't continue a mission of ethnic cleansing and expect them not to fight back one day.The Igbos will definitely fight back if this is not checked.

Chai......keyboard warriors sha. grin Defeating agitating Igbos will be a hundred times easier than '67. Our very own Igbo soldiers would be among those crushing thick IPOB skulls. Ojukwu's Biafra actually had a standing army backed by universal consensus among Igbos and much of the old East which made it easy to mobilize against the enemy. Kanu's zombie followers are just rag-tag touts.

You keyboard warriors make me laugh.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Nemesis1: 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

I think you can do better than Maclatunji. I see premise judging by your response.

Now, can you tell us on which particular occassion that Nnamdi Kanu incited violence against Hausa/Fulani people.

Can you also tell us where you got the information that BSS was setup to fight them. Did IPOB release a press statement to that effect?

On the issue of flouting his bail conditions. I think you have to look at his arrest in the first place. Was it legal? Why was his bail refused by the government? What offence made them arrest him in the first place. Even after his was eventually bailed out, why not continue to follow the court route despite yur own shortcomings. Why deploy the military to his house.

Mind you, you and i know that Northern youths made inciting comments but no ones is talking about them and how to arrest them. Why?

Stop jumping around defending nonsense

Kanu threatened the sovereignty of Nigeria, that is treason, therefore his arrest was very legal and backed by ICC /UN

Why don't you search nnamdi Kanu on YouTube and listen to his speeches and podcasts? You'll find sever instances where he incited hate against tribes and religion

In recent times he told ipob to burn down Nigeria if he doesn't come back from court, what's that supposed to mean? Peace?

OH and didn't you used to be a moderator? Now I see why all my friends get banned , even myself for defending myself

Always playing the victim

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nemesis1:

Nigerian constitution allows Nigerian army to carry out training or operations in any part of the country as long as it's to protect Nigerias sovereignty

Nobody was killed Igbo touts looked for trouble by stoning the Convoy

Ogun state was invaded a few months back, some innocent Yoruba families were killed by air raids and nobody blocked or protested the army's presence

So killing the Yorubas in Ogun State is something that should be ignored and encouraged? Because they are the military we should be docile when they abuse human rights? What's your point exactly?

4 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Nemesis1: 12:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
myright:
in the said video, he asked for weapon for SELF DEFENCE. Provide the video link here lets re-watch and analyse

If a renown armed robber goes to a dealer in USA to purchase weapons for self defence are you saying, he plans on defending himself from police?
Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by myright: 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2017
maclatunji:

3. Sedition

4. Treason

How do you categorize a radio station registered in london as pirate?

4 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Nemesis1: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
So killing the Yorubas in Ogun State is something that should be ignored and encouraged? Because they are the military we should be docile when they abuse human rights? What's your point exactly?

Please my finger hurts from typing, if you can't understand don't quote me I don't deal IQ less than 102 the point I made is even when there was mistake on part of the army during the clearing out of creeks in ogun state, Yoruba did not block any convoy or attack army because we are not stupid

That's my point
Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by eagleeye2: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abagworo:
Sometimes I doubt you are Human not to talk of Igbo. So because of Bihari and that limping gay governor, you can't reason again.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Xfemt(m): 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abagworo:
but u were condemning pple who re praying for buhari death wen he was in his medical vacation and now u re doing opposite

ogbeni why

tink na, if KANU is killed south west no go contain u cus dis guy has made name for him self which ll facilitate other groups to fight d Nigeria govt and war ll brake out e.g d Niger delta militant and other world power who don't like Nigeria and give their support to dem and ur guess is as good as mine

Nigeria ll finally seize to exist

call dis guy to other give dem a sense of belonging and watch how did agitation die a natural death

Nigeria belong to all of us and not some set of pple

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nemesis1:

Please my finger hurts from typing, if you can't understand don't quote me I don't deal IQ less than 102 the point I made is even when there was mistake on part of the army during the clearing out of creeks in ogun state, Yoruba did not block any convoy or attack army because we are not stupid

That's my point
Okay. I hope you won't quote me too.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

Nnamdi Kanu has severally called for the killing of Yorubas and Hausa who he calls Fulani. He has said it severally on his radio station as well as in rallies. We have seen so much evidence even here on Nairaland that asking me to show it is like asking me to prove that Buhari is a man.
Nnamdi Kanu said that BSS was formed to "protect" Igboland against Fulani herdsmen. Pray tell, who gave him the power to form vigilante over Ala-Igbo? Is he a governor or government? Any security organisation must be registered by law. Is BSS registered?
Nnamdi Kanu was arrested for treason and sedition. These are crimes in Nigeria's law books; go and look at his charges in court. Therefore his arrest is completely legal. For an arrest to be legal you need a warrant of arrest or in cases of emergency where the suspect might escape,he can be arrested without warrant. So what makes his arrest illegal?
Hausa youths also made threats but they backtracked once Buhari drew a read line. That is wisdom!!! On the other hand Kanu kept going like a mad man even disregarding Igbo elders and Leaders who advised him. Mind you he had been pardoned before. So let him face the music now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by CrtlAltDel: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
I[s]'ve been following the back and forth between the Nigerian government and the Indegenous People of Biafra and as much as we try to pass of majority of IPOB members as illiterates, the tactics deiced by their leader, is one that should be studied in schools as a way to fight for a course.

So, Nnamdi Kanu started his radio Biafra by making hate comments, even though considered bad by majority of Nigerians, he wasn't committing any crime as far as i know. I think that was why when he came into Nigeria, they couldn't arrest him because of the hate speeches because it would have sounded so weak an argument to warrant his arrest, so they made up the issue of him bringing in weapons, which was a more germane excuse to arrest him even though we all know it wasn't true but that did not stop the government from keeping him in detention for almost one year. The government knew they were losing especially after the courts granted him bail on several occasions which were not heeded by the powers that be.

Eventually, he was granted bail with very stringent and impossible clauses in a bid to quench the fire. It didn't work because Nnamdi Kanu flouted his bail conditions. They could have easily ordered for his re-arrest for daring to flout his bail conditions but they knew they really didn't have any cogent reason for the re-arrest because they had already flouted the law when they refused to release him initially.

Owing to Nnamdi Kanu's freedom, IPOB has become more assertive than ever before, with more members joining their ranks and the movements keeps gaining grounds as the day goes by. Now, the FG becamse worried and were thinking of a way to defeat this people since they have refused to carry guns or be violent. The best way they thought was to provoke them to carrying guns.

yes, you heard me. The federal government of Nigerians wants to provoke IPOB members to the point that they will carry guns and that would be a perfect excuse for the Nigerian army to declare them a terror group and sniff the life out of them and their movement.

My advise to IPOB is to keep their cool despite the provocations because when you're dead, there's be nobody fighting for the Biafra[/s].
Trash, you guys were rejoicing when the Ineffectual Buffon did same to Tinubu grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5957073_img20170913100350280_jpegadc47f6fb41ca87dbd449e11c2f39efd
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5957152_img20170913120658234_jpeg2e7c63b2f109bda968d9e4fbd5df7bf6

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Nigerian Government Wants To Defeat IPOB by Abagworo(m): 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nyouth:
and u think u are safe where you are if NK is killed this minute. I pity because there is no sense in you. u don't know what awaits Nigeria in this Biafra struggle. some people are still seeing it as political

Boy it's political. PDP used Nnamdi Kanu to stake life of millions of Igbos living in the North as martyrs to cause ethnic cleansing because they lost power. Most of his followers are oblivious of this fact and that's why he should be tried and executed to save Igbos from ethnic cleansing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Sign 2021 Budget Into Law Today / Vp Jonathan's Life In Danger / Wow...new Born Baby Boy Clothed With Biafra Attire During His Dedication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.