Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? (7127 Views)

Poll: Which one suits you best for marriage:

Nigerian raised abroad.: 11% (12 votes)
Nigerian raised at home.: 24% (27 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly abroad and partly at home.: 18% (20 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly at home and partly abroad.: 45% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2007
the first time i visited my cousins 5 yrs ago, they kept asking me if i wore clothes in Nigeria. Their mum was furious.
I calmly explained to them that in truth we did not wear clothes but just so as not to arouse their curiosity i had bought some clothes at the airport. They were satisfied!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2007
But sometimes it really pains me when they are so blatently ignorant.
Especially when you are with a group of people, what is a good strategy for combatting this?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2007
A strategy i use that has always worked is to reply them with a little sarcasm. Always shuts the ignorant ones up.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2007
humour them and tell them all those things they hear are true and one day in the future when they get some education they will remember you saying '' you sleep in trees'' and realise that the joke was on them
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2007
Man sometimes the thing really hits me.
Im bad at hiding my true emotions. If im mad you can see it on my face.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2007
my dear, dont bother being mad with ignorant pple.
I remember looking at this chic who said i must be African and going, oh really? And what do you think you look like? Chinese?
She kept quiet after that.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2007
lol. i know the feeling
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2007
i miss naija
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2007
What do you miss about naija? NEPA, police extortion points errr check points, no water, MEND, Yar'Adua, Atiku, Molue, bad roads, cows on airport runways?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2007
I remember when i first came in grade 2, I used to get in fights every blessed day.
Just couldnt control it. I think I was in the principal's office with him playing chess, than actually in class!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2007
I miss the people and the accpetance, feeling that i belong. This is the feeling white people get here in the western world. Home is where the heart is.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2007
all that aside david there is plenty to miss smiley
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2007
@ Jos,
You have time to even fight them. Dont waste your time, most can be categorised into two: the truly ignorant - those i save my sarcastic remarks for and the intentionally spiteful - those i reserve the wrong end of my tongue.
Dont go telling me about the jungle i come from when you cant even pass ordinary high school exams, your own don finish be that.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2007
David, I was 7 years old, I have matured beyond that
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2007
hehehe  grin

so david you want a Nigerian raised abroad or at home? u too JOsbobo which one u want?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2007
Back-a-yard, homegrown. When did i become bobo? cry
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by WesleyanA(f): 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2007
JosBoy4Lif:

I remember when i first came in grade 2, I used to get in fights every blessed day.
Just couldnt control it. I think I was in the principal's office with him playing chess, than actually in class!

just like my lil bro in elementary school

in his words "the kid called me an african ******"
i think he got suspended like 3 times till he changed schools.

oh God. boys.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2007
ok sorry sweetheart. JOSboy lol , backyard is good too lmao
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2007
True my people! I miss my country, i miss being with people who TRULY accept me for who i am not because it is the politically correct thing to do to avoid a lawsuit!
I miss pepper soup especially the one at Kogi state.  tongue
I miss waking up in Yola to see cows looking in through my window.
I miss walking around in the cold January weather in Jos.
I miss the wahala that is Lagos.
I miss that civil service state called Ogun state.

I miss chickens, goats, sheep running around and being a dreadful nuisance. I miss not having to worry about traffic lights, i miss oshodi market, at least i had reason to watch my pockets carefully. Here life is so good it is almost boring!
Cant they just disrupt electricity for just one day? Why cant we all read with candles at night or join our neighbors under the tree to tell stories and get free dinner?
Why are there no buckets here? Where are the boreholes? The roads are way too good, no bumps at all!  shocked
no police check point to dash $20 on my life?

Na wa o
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2007
A nigerian raised anywhere so long as she's still nigerian at heart
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2007
wats ur own David can't ppl say they miss their country good or bad as it may be without you saying it is a politically correst thing to say? why u dey make something from nothing?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2007
Nice list David grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2007
madam stiletto shoes, did you read my post very well? it had nothing to do with you o
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2007
i know it had nothing to do with me, i still have an opinion on what u said . abi don't you voice your own opinion on what others say? chill abeg oga David grin tongue
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by WesleyanA(f): 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2007
I don't miss armed robbers and lack of security. that's like the most horrible thing for someone in childhood.
I miss school though. cheesy
and too many relatives
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2007
yeah we got to take the rough with he smooth Wesleyane
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2007
@ Wes!
You mean you dont miss the almost nightly shouts of Ole! Ole! in the neighbourhood?  shocked

@ stiletto shoes, you are free to have oppinions on all the nonsense i type. carry go!  grin
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by WesleyanA(f): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2007
well it's scary when you're a kid and have to sleep under the bed and wish your dad comes home safe (nightly prayer).
or better still watch then hit him on the head with a gun.
undecided

don't miss all that.

I miss school really bad though. And my neighborhood and church. fun times
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Stilettos(f): 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2007
davidylan:

@ Wes!
You mean you don't miss the almost nightly shouts of Ole! Ole! in the neighbourhood? shocked

@ stiletto shoes, you are free to have oppinions on all the nonsense i type. carry go! grin

well you said it not me. i will no longer respond to any thing you post since u have proclaimed it all nonsense. Carry go!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2007
I miss the thieves so long as they never came to my home. Waking up to do nothing but hang around the neighbors itching to hear some hot gossip on who the suspect could be. Cant beat that!  grin

@ stiletto shoes, i wonder what you are talking about. thot this was all a joke to lighten the mood. pple take things too seriously here sometimes. Carry go too!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2007
davidylan:

I miss the thieves so long as they never came to my home. Waking up to do nothing but hang around the neighbors itching to hear some hot gossip on who the suspect could be. Cant beat that! grin

You are such a female.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2007
Sharrap there! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Has 6 Ribs Removed To Look Like Cartoon Character (PICS) / Nigerian Lady Breaks The Internet With Her Gigantic Boobs / Check Out The Trending ‘sexy Real S*x-dolls’ People Are Talking About (18+ Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.