Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? (7128 Views)

Poll: Which one suits you best for marriage:

Nigerian raised abroad.: 11% (12 votes)
Nigerian raised at home.: 24% (27 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly abroad and partly at home.: 18% (20 votes)
Nigerian raised mostly at home and partly abroad.: 45% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Ethnic Group Would You Prefer To Marry From / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by shockreaction(m): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2005
Wait, what! shocked

This question does not make much sense.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by jally(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2005
shockreaction' the question does not make much sense'
well i guess evrybody always sets standard for themselves if a question like this is defining wat standard one sets for him or herself, this question implys to the kinna mindset of an individual u wanna mary , if you do not know wat environmental possibilism is, its a relationship which humans have with their environment , in simple terms it means different kind of environment comes with different kinna people , so mos def within the constraints off the standard you have set for ur self, wat kinna environment would most likely give u the kinna spouse u want with those standards as you have set for urself,
unless u are a man who takes wat ever comes his way
cheers
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by jally(m): 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2005
shockreaction' the question does not make much sense'

well i guess evrybody always sets standard for themselves if a question like this is defining wat standard one sets for him or herself, this question implys to the kinna mindset of an individual u wanna marry the question implys to the environment u wanna av ur spouse come from,,or like environmental possibillism , if you do not know wat environmental possibilism is, its a relationship which humans have with their environment , bringing the best out of both the humans and the environment, in simple terms it means different kind of environment comes with different kinna people , so mos def within the constraints off the standard you have set for ur self, wat kinna environment would most likely give u the kinna spouse u want with those standards as you have set for urself,
unless u are a man who takes wat ever comes his way
cheers
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Z4M4eva(f): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2005
Nigerian raised at home or abroad, I don't know really, it depends, I can marry a nigerian raised at home, or a nigerian raised abroad. smiley
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by sweetnini(f): 2:05am On Dec 21, 2005
it doesnt matter really i can marry anyone but he must have manners o
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by babagana(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2005
It matters where she is raised, yes.
Because human behavior is environmentally influenced ti a large extent. She cloud be raised in a place where human life is next to nothing and live a wasted life as well.
I like nice, good, decent background. Love really matters but, I wouldn't want my kids to grow up thinking showering their father with abuses, or remarks like "don't be stupid dad" are not at all bad. Or even simply getting drunk and smoking in the house and getting high is something of the ages he must partake in.
I am not saying where she grew up she may not have good training but then I still prefer good old African traditional decency. So I will prefer a decent girl.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2005
i think seun should add "i don't want to marry a nigerian" as an option.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by nuru(m): 7:45pm On Dec 21, 2005
All places belong to God. I married a nigerian raised lady and am happy for it. Love matters you know, and prayers.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by tipsy289(m): 10:36pm On Dec 21, 2005
I dont think it matters where she was raised wink as long as she's up 2 ur standard, then there shld be no reason 2 marry her.A girl raised abroad mite be the same wit one raised here!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by icingbaby(f): 3:44am On Dec 22, 2005
i don't care any guy that is good for me, treat me well e.t.c. if is Nigerian raised at home or abroad it doesn't matter to me. smiley
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by sexydoll(f): 5:25am On Dec 23, 2005
i will marry any Nigerian man raised  home or aboard as long as he is loving, caring,kind and also treats me with respect.and mind you is not every Nigerian that is raised aboard that as a bad attitude,like some people said it depends on home the person grew up from. smiley
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Adetola(m): 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2005
Seun where is the "I don't care" option that's been added to the poll? Because that's my own answer and I can't find it. Raised at home or else where is not the point, what matters most is her own personal qualities as a woman and what makes her an ideal wife material.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by mide2(f): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2005
If it were a test, (Exam) u'll probably pick an answer from the given options and not add your own option or ask your examiner for an extra option.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Olagbangba(m): 4:13am On Dec 25, 2005
The choice is definitely relative, I got hooked up with a lady who was born abroad went back to naija at 4, came back to the UK at 19 and met her at 32. Now read this, again its definitely, a relatively personal thing - I couldn't relate to her in so many ways, when I am cooking she is doing the KFC, McDonald's stuff, when I want to pray, she wants to sleep, when I want to watch some programs on TV, she wants to do something else. Basically, the differences were so wide that I had to call it quit worsestill, her mother wasn't helping matters.
I would go for a Black woman anytime anyday, even amongst black women, if I have a choice, it has to be a Nigerian woman - born here or there?? Her personality matters; her ability to communicate and interact easily, her level of intelligence. Nigerian women are the Best especially, when they are Home-grown with some local traits and some international blend when necessary. Adaptability is the name of the game. She feels at home with all and sundry. Get me one and I'll dazzle her with affection..... lol
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2005
Olagbangba:

The choice is definitely relative, I got hooked up with a lady who was born abroad went back to Nigeria at 4, came back to the UK at 19 and met her at 32. Now read this, again its definitely, a relatively personal thing - I couldn't relate to her in so many ways, when I am cooking she is doing the KFC, McDonald's stuff, when I want to pray, she wants to sleep, when I want to watch some programs on TV, she wants to do something else. Basically, the differences were so wide that I had to call it quit worsestill, her mother wasn't helping matters.
I would go for a Black woman anytime anyday, even amongst black women, if I have a choice, it has to be a Nigerian woman - born here or there?? Her personality matters; her ability to communicate and interact easily, her level of intelligence. Nigerian women are the Best especially, when they are Home-grown with some local traits and some international blend when necessary. Adaptability is the name of the game. She feels at home with all and sundry. Get me one and I'll dazzle her with affection..... cheesy

Awww! smiley
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Olagbangba(m): 3:02am On Dec 26, 2005
Z4M4eva:

Awww! smiley
Na me dey talk wey u dey say ''awwwww'' , abi ?
Even, what does a small boy like u know?
Ur hair like James Brown's.
Anyway, I forgive u, na xmas season we dey.
Merry Xmas.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:58am On Dec 26, 2005
Olagbangba:

Na me dey talk wey u dey say ''awwwww'' , abi ?
Even, what does a small boy like u know?
Ur hair like James Brown's.
Anyway, I forgive u, na xmas season we dey.
Merry Xmas.

I meant Awww as in sweet!

And I am not a boy,just because you see a boy's pic in my profile does not mean I am a boy, you can see beside my username that I am a female
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by brick(m): 12:17pm On Dec 26, 2005
for me marriage is more of the lady's inner qualities. her physical attributes will attract me towards her to take a closer look. what ever i find inside of her will either repel me or move me even closer.
"where a person was brought up is one (and not only) of the many factors that make's a person trait"
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Akolawole(m): 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2005
Endurance matters in relationship.
Raised in Abroad ...God forbid
They lack endurance and they explore all the laws of the land against you
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Soulful(m): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2005
Definitely one who has spent their formative years at home but have now had the experience of being abroad so that their minds are more open to all the wondrous possibilities that exist!!
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Seun(m): 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2005
You mean like these possibilities?
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Soulful(m): 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2005
grin grin grin grin

Not exactly but you get my drift wink
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by hotangel2(f): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2005
I will marry anyone. As long as i love him and he loves me.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by nicetohave(m): 12:57am On Dec 28, 2005
Me too, but since its a multiple choice question i had to pick something, thats just the fun in it......but in all honesty id marry someone who i have found to be "lock-and-key" compatible with me, love is a relative term to me i believe compatibility is the wacthword.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Rolly: 7:28am On Dec 28, 2005
i would prefer a nigerian raised at home but if the one abroad has good manners, then i'll marry him cheesy
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by nicetohave(m): 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2005
I have good manners and i am home breed cheesy cool
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Rolly: 7:27am On Dec 29, 2005
smiley
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by nicetohave(m): 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2005
if you smile at that then you have so much to laugh at still wink
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Rolly: 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2005
oh really? rolleyes
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by nicetohave(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2005
affirmative cool
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Olagbangba(m): 6:11am On Dec 30, 2005
Z4M4eva:

I meant Awww as in sweet!

And I am not a boy,just because you see a boy's pic in my profile does not mean I am a boy, you can see beside my username that I am a female

Ohhh u 're a woman in a guy's pic?
Wonderful.cheesy
No probs , I was only kidding anyway.
And thnx for the commendation as well.
Re: Nigerian Raised at Home or Abroad: which would you prefer to marry? by Rolly: 7:09am On Dec 30, 2005
nicetohave:

affirmative cool
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girl And Her Annoying Statements / Love Is Too. Wicked, I Regret Ever Loving This Igbo Girl / Before I Start Selling My Body In 2019 Who Wants Me? -- Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.