Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,842 members, 7,817,492 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu (54418 Views)

2019: The Presidential Candidate That Wins Lagos State Tomorrow? / President Buhari Visits Lafia, Nasarawa State Tomorrow / Joy Ezechikamnayo Assumes Office As Governor Of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu Hands Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by jayloms: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
Mods should have at least tried to properly format this information to ease readability.

Great job, FG isn't headed by a tyrant after all!

1 Like

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by phatnpretty(f): 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
ikpeazu, on whose side are you? what manner of lie are you telling us? this wasn't exactly what happened last night. soldiers were the ones that shot people and burnt down houses. please my fellow Igbo's calm down, we won't achieve anything with violence. Hausa people are not the ones to pour the anger on. Channel your anger to the government and the so called soldiers, remember we have our brothers and sisters that reside in the north too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by toneawe(m): 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
I was thinking, if NK was fighting for fairness and equity, he would have more support and less killings. But his ambition is personal and the innocent ones are dying. How I wish the followers will wake up to see that it's not a just fight but political and personal ambition. His families are outside the hot zone. That is enough to pass a message to the followers. A true​ leader is always the one at the front of battle on his horse. Most times, his heir goes with him so as to b strong to be able to take over leadership when he is gone. But the reverse is the case here. Wen all the followers die, who will he rule? God will give these followers wisdom to see the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by akulaxx: 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2017
VICTORY FOR IPOB

ALL HAIL BIAFRA
Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by PHILipu1(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
omenka:
They are running away from ipob warriors. cry

Chukwu Okereke Alibaba has given ipob victory over the zoo army and biafra has been actualised!

All hail courageous ipob! cool
Do you mean victory for IPOB like this?
Your governor has been begging Buhari for days now and Buhari just want to give him time to see if the governor can control things and brainwash fool like you is here beating chest again.
But we didn't see the Cownu missiles nor his BSS oh!
Where are they?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by oruma19: 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ponponkon:
Breaking: Withdrawal of solders from the streets commences tomorrow says Ikpeazu
Media Update by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State on the security situation in the state.
Gentlemen of the press, permit me to use this medium to update my brothers and sisters of Abia State origin, and those living and doing business in the state on the current security situation.
Dear brothers and sisters, the security situation in the state in the past few days, which led to the deployment of soldiers into our state ahead of the Operation Python dance 11, has become of great concern to both the government and the citizenry.
After several interventions, I want to inform you that by tomorrow morning, there will be withdrawal of solders from the streets at Aba and Umuahia, apart from the pre-existing military checkpoints at various location in the state.
With the expected exit of soldiers from the streets, we must warn that we will not tolerate agitators and protesters taking over the streets for any reason at all.
I will also be meeting the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Mohamaudu Buhari, to discuss possible ways of relaxing the Operation Python dance 11 in the state for now.
Our attention have been drawn to ugly incidences of attacks on police stations and military posts at Aba and Umuahia and we hereby warn that we will no longer tolerate that, and all other acts that are capable of causing insecurity in the state.
We have also observed illegal acts of throwing petrol bombs and setting up of bonfires to obstruct free movements along some roads by suspected miscreants and wish to warn that such acts should stop forthwith.
To mischief makers who want to use Abia as their base, let me announce to you that henceforth, Abia will be too hot for you to carry out your wicked acts as the government will work with security agents to ensure the protection of lives and properties in the state without fear or favor. There will be no hiding place for you.
At about midnight yesterday, we received security reports that hoodlums and miscreants, some of whom were allegedly brought into the state by unscrupulous individuals, were mobilizing around Uratta road at Aba with a view to converging at Ariaria International Market to burn it down. Their aim was obviously to take advantage of the security situation in the state to cripple the economy of the state and cause widespread suffering.
It was this group that originated the rumors of attacks and counter attacks around the area and also tried to create panic to force people out of their homes to enable them execute their evil intentions under the cover of orchestrated crises.
Thankfully their plan was nipped in the bud by the combined team of soldiers and policemen that promptly moved to the area and later positioned around Ariaria market to protect the lives and properties of our people.
We have it on good authority that the same group of hoodlums attempted to burn down the police station at Ariaria market early today and security agents are currently on the hunt for them and those outside the state who are sponsoring their evil actions. Not even one of them will escape the full weight of the law.
Members and sympathizers of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) should henceforth desist from spreading false rumors capable of throwing our state into disorder. Those spreading such falsehood will be dealt with, according to the Law.
My fellow Abians, it is in the interest of all our citizens and residents for full and total peace and security to return to our state immediately. No meaningful progress can be made in an atmosphere of violence and and anarchy.
Those at Aba are therefore advised to fully observe the current curfew in the city and ensure that they cooperate with security agents to maintain peace and order.
I swore to protect lives and properties of all Abians and residents and that I must do. I therefore call on all to support our efforts at making sure that lasting peace prevails in our dear state.
God bless Abia State.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
Governor of Abia State.
14/09/2017
power of social media. This is not 1984, my people are useless, my people are senseless, my people are indisciplined. This is 2017, when people know their rights .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by madridguy(m): 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
We won't take this tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue We still want to fight the zoo army wink the BSS are just warming up to face the zoo army kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 14, 2017
Why do Politicians always issue threatening messages to the very same masses that voted them ?

By the way, I do not welcome the withdrawal of soldiers from the streets, let them continue to kill the young people whose only crime is fighting for self-determination, a fundamental human right.

Spain is going through Referendum with their secessionists peacefully, and Scotland conducted referendum of secession peacefully. But I guess, the black is cursed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by Boyooosa(m): 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2017
Wawu! I feel like shedding crocodile tears

1 Like

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by GeeString: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ajisebioyolaari:
This news is unconfirmed. However, if after the withdrawal of the NA from the streets, the IPOB miscreants still refuse to call themselves to order, they should be ready to face the full consequences of their actions.

Useless criminals comparing themselves with Catalan and Carlifornia......is this how Catalan and Carlifornia have been conducting themselves and causing civil disturbances to achieve their goal?

If IPOB were sensible people, they should have calmed down for Python dance to pass and continue with their struggle in a peaceful, orderly and non-incitive manner. I saw a video of BSS today refering to other Nigerians as "cockroaches" yet you want the UN to take you serious. Rubbish

Any föol can strike off my post and quote me with an afonja tribal mark picture. Thanks in anticipation of your föolishness.

Gladly...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by ejihand(m): 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
It's official!!! . The 'Python dance II' has failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2017
nice development, let peace reign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by PHILipu1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
akulaxx:
VICTORY FOR IPOB
ALL HAIL BIAFRA

2 Likes

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by DonBobes(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
Warn your stupid IPOB monkeys before the python conscripts them even more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by PointZerom: 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
omenka:
Exactly! Just the way they beat the hell out of the soldiers below. cool

Tell me the name of the village in Abia with such muddy water.
Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ponponkon:
Breaking: Withdrawal of solders from the streets commences tomorrow says Ikpeazu
Media Update by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State on the security situation in the state.
Gentlemen of the press, permit me to use this medium to update my brothers and sisters of Abia State origin, and those living and doing business in the state on the current security situation.
Dear brothers and sisters, the security situation in the state in the past few days, which led to the deployment of soldiers into our state ahead of the Operation Python dance 11, has become of great concern to both the government and the citizenry.
After several interventions, I want to inform you that by tomorrow morning, there will be withdrawal of solders from the streets at Aba and Umuahia, apart from the pre-existing military checkpoints at various location in the state.
With the expected exit of soldiers from the streets, we must warn that we will not tolerate agitators and protesters taking over the streets for any reason at all.
I will also be meeting the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Mohamaudu Buhari, to discuss possible ways of relaxing the Operation Python dance 11 in the state for now.
Our attention have been drawn to ugly incidences of attacks on police stations and military posts at Aba and Umuahia and we hereby warn that we will no longer tolerate that, and all other acts that are capable of causing insecurity in the state.
We have also observed illegal acts of throwing petrol bombs and setting up of bonfires to obstruct free movements along some roads by suspected miscreants and wish to warn that such acts should stop forthwith.
To mischief makers who want to use Abia as their base, let me announce to you that henceforth, Abia will be too hot for you to carry out your wicked acts as the government will work with security agents to ensure the protection of lives and properties in the state without fear or favor. There will be no hiding place for you.
At about midnight yesterday, we received security reports that hoodlums and miscreants, some of whom were allegedly brought into the state by unscrupulous individuals, were mobilizing around Uratta road at Aba with a view to converging at Ariaria International Market to burn it down. Their aim was obviously to take advantage of the security situation in the state to cripple the economy of the state and cause widespread suffering.
It was this group that originated the rumors of attacks and counter attacks around the area and also tried to create panic to force people out of their homes to enable them execute their evil intentions under the cover of orchestrated crises.
Thankfully their plan was nipped in the bud by the combined team of soldiers and policemen that promptly moved to the area and later positioned around Ariaria market to protect the lives and properties of our people.
We have it on good authority that the same group of hoodlums attempted to burn down the police station at Ariaria market early today and security agents are currently on the hunt for them and those outside the state who are sponsoring their evil actions. Not even one of them will escape the full weight of the law.
Members and sympathizers of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) should henceforth desist from spreading false rumors capable of throwing our state into disorder. Those spreading such falsehood will be dealt with, according to the Law.
My fellow Abians, it is in the interest of all our citizens and residents for full and total peace and security to return to our state immediately. No meaningful progress can be made in an atmosphere of violence and and anarchy.
Those at Aba are therefore advised to fully observe the current curfew in the city and ensure that they cooperate with security agents to maintain peace and order.
I swore to protect lives and properties of all Abians and residents and that I must do. I therefore call on all to support our efforts at making sure that lasting peace prevails in our dear state.
God bless Abia State.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
Governor of Abia State.
14/09/2017
This is one very good news.
You are my man for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by victorvezx(m): 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu can now come out from under his bed and start boasting of how Ipob chased the military from Abia state.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by DonBobes(m): 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
GeeString:

Gladly...

Me now

4 Likes

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by NothingDoMe: 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
IkpuMmiri:

Good! No More Rallies By IPOB Miscreants!

PDP Are The Losers Here!
Lol. The war you've been spurring for has been averted.

You can deactivate this new moniker now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by Airfoce1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
I am listening in 3D
Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by urchcoded(m): 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
some guys here have a PhD in sacarsm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by dvee2: 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
potent5:
Una don get the quantity of blood wey una wan shed abi? Oya make una go drink the blood and live forever. I can assure you all, what goes around comes around.

Haba mana, Na you say u wan burn down the zoo. Ordinary python dance,u don dey cry. What if na Anaconda dance dem come do,wetin u for do?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by Yusuf4: 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2017
NAIRALAND IS FOR MOSLEMS.
IGBO BROTHERS DEVELOP A BLOG AND ASK YOUR PEOPLE TO JOIN IT.
SEUN THE YORUBA FOOL WHO ARE NATURALLY COWARDS AND BETRAYERS WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY POST IN FAVOUR IBO PEOPLE OR SOUTHERN KADUNA.

THEIR BROTHER NA VICE PRESIDENT AND THEY ALSO HATE IBO PEOPLE BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE ARE BLESSED.
I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT THE IBOS.
I WILL GO TO THE EAST AND FIGHT FOR THEM IF THE WAR COMES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by Crossguy: 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
Next time speak well
Lajet:
Okezie Ikpeazu don't even mentioned those people that Nigeria Army killed. This is so sad that this man value his postion over his brothers soldiers killed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by ofai: 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
victorvezx:
Nnamdi Kanu can now come out from under his bed and start boasting of how Ipob chased the military from Abia state.

Shut up and hide your tail in shame.
Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by freeborn76(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
omenka:
They are running away from ipob warriors. cry

Chukwu Okereke Alibaba has given ipob victory over the zoo army and biafra has been actualised!

All hail courageous ipob! cool

Aneeemal
Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by Benoxvals(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nigerians will forever remain slaves..after what I saw,the ill-action of the Nigeria army,I still can't believe that people are not disguised by these actions.
we used to be slaves with chains but now we are
slaves without chains.
This is no longer about IPOB,its about how the government upholds the value for Human lives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by wintersnow(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2017
ritababe:
nice one, at least I can step out of my house tomorrow.

I hope they withdraw, my place is almost empty like the place they act the walking dead.

You can come spend some time at my place, till everything returns to Normalcy
Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by temiflex01(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
Princewill1:
That cowardly act happened at highway in isiala ngwa on tuesday.Those guys ran into them unexpectedly.

Let them come inside Aba town and try lying angry youths in the mud and see what will become of them at this present climate.

All soldiers and police men has literally deserted Aba.All police stations gates are locked.

The soldiers came in the morning and did hit &run attacks and vanished.

Currently there is no army presence into Aba City maybe at the outskirts of the city

Foolish man typing to increase the fire while hiding in his house. You should have carry gun with all your family members to go and face the army. Encouraging others to go and die while you sit in front of a computer. Idiot!!!

3 Likes

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by victorvezx(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
ejihand:
It's official!!! . The 'Python dance II' has failed.
It did not fail, Abia state governor and Abia traditional leaders meet with the military to beg and negotiate the withdrawal of the military, that is what Kanu could not do, instead he is hiding under his bed. U should be greatful to Abia governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army To Withdraw From Streets Of Abia State Tomorrow. Ikpeazu by PointB: 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2017
Meanwhile, IPOB still retain the right to hold protests and rallies.

Ikpeazu is not in position to stop those fundamental rights!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS / Buhari Campaigns In Style In Imo With Open Roof Bus (photos) / Throwback Photo Of Aisha Buhari As A Young Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.