Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (47549 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

You are the one jumping into conclusions. I listed the scenarios of what happens and the general conclusions most people have.. You can see how you have shot yourself in the foot again.

Kk
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
inkdbetty:

I Feel Sorry For The Man Too, He Also Becomes A Second Hand Man If They Divorce(Which Something Tells Me They Will After That Whole Episode)
Is there really anything like a second hand man in the real sense of the word? You know women are disadvantaged in cases like this. A divorced woman with such attitude and a broke set of teeth .........,.mehn, that is a whole lot of baggage.

6 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Prestige2050: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned.
personally I think ur writeup is total trash and dats cos u obviously think men are log of wood and should endure such nonsense all because they are physically stronger than the woman, I dnt knw if you r well learned in the line of psychology bt if you dnt, lemme give u dis scenario, most kid and even grown persons prefer been beaten dan bin insulted and belittled and dis concept doesn't exclude men. Bt I'm guessing u wouldn't know dis cos u r jst like the woman in the post.

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by DozieInc(m): 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:

I totally disagree with you. If there is no justification for a man hitting a woman, then there is no justification for a woman to verbally abuse a man. If he continues to walk away from the insult, it ll only be eating him up inside. I find it offensive that you tactfully excused the woman's madness and blame the man for not walking away. You are in effect saying that men should continuously endure domestic abuse because they are physically stronger? You think that a woman's words do not do emotional harm? Is it just the man who should be understanding and reasonable? Should the woman not learn to respect her head?

Totally agree with you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TheKingIsHere: 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
nikkyshyne:
LMAO
You are laughing now, but if it was the other way round you will call the man a beast abi?

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TheKingIsHere: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
Stoicbaba:
Prov 21:23 - Those who guard their mouth and their tongues, keeps themselves from calamity.

James 3:5-8 ; emphasis on vs 8 - ...but no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full with deadly poison

Proverbs 15:4 “A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit."

Please, in as much as you expect me to walk away after you "kill me slowly" with your words. ..just quietly work away if you feel annoyed by my actions...so that you will not bring calamity to yourself.

Afterall, what a man can do...a woman can do better.

Besides, we are in a world where men and women are equal...so, I am not in any way stronger than you...

Thanks for your understanding...

#stoicopinion
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Why then do you guys think only women are verbally abusive?
I can also write my own story of a verbally abusive man and who was given hot bathe by a wicked wife. I'm sure you all won't support me like this. It'll be women are wicked all through.

Point is, no excuse to hurt your spouse.
Men get their own for body.
Women get their own too.
Dassal.

that is why i said that if you provoke a physical confrontation, make sure you win the ensuing fight. both male and female

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by FearlessDapsin(m): 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

SMH

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
JONNYSPUTE:
Abeg make una forgive Evaberry. She is sorry for making such comment

hahahah oga why Na are you my mouth piece
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by FearlessDapsin(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
There are always 2 sides to a story but what I found out is most women that are victim of domestic violence are usually the cause... For instance, If you know your husband is a mad man, why exchange words with him. If you know the next thing he does is to hit you, keep quiet when he is talking, tell him sorry. You don't have to argue with him or insult him... for peace sake. As a guy myself, when I encounter a mad man, I just tell him sorry, no vex even though I am right or well placed than the person. The sorry no go kill me or reduce money wey dey my account.
The above is for a mad man, only a jobless/ No future ambition man can turn to a mad man. A man looking to breakthrough or make money or fly high can't be referred to a mad man because he is occupied by so many things but the thing is there are some women that can't just live in peace. They can't be taught, they don't listen, they don't learn from mistakes. They are never progressive thus argument will always breed and they will in most situation cause a man to hit them. Men and young guys, please run away from any woman that can't be taught, corrected, never listens or learns from her mistakes. Such women are usually a big hinderance to one's success. No matter how high and placed you may seem to be, they will bring you down to a level you won't believe. This is because, they have a bad spirit that's not progressive. Run from these kind of women no matter how beautiful they seem to be. I call women spirit, they either break or make a man. Check stories in the bible, they are there. Eve was not satisfied with the instruction she was given by her husband not to eat the fruit, we saw how she led Adam to his fall. This kind of women will bring shame to you both. Solomon that said he who findeth a wife findeth a good thing know what he was saying. Not all women are good for a wife. Perhaps why he had so many concubines grin. Not all women are to be called wife. Wisdom , very important in choosing a wife. My experience with my mother, sisters, GFS have taught me loads about women. Any woman that cannot stay humble and maintain peace with a man is a doom to whoever she calls a husband.

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Mintayo(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
In all honesty, I am not really bothered about the violence, the fighting etc. I am worried that this woman will use the same tongue to praise God in church, pray in church and expect God to answer her prayers, the same tongue she used in running abuses on her husband. undecided

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tosyne2much(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
jumzzy448:

I'm a sis cool
It's good to hear that coming from a lady cool
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by positivetaught: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

look don't let insult you,what do you mean!?.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
pocohantas:

It's tiring o. Because I don't know how anyone will see sense in inflicting injury on another. Except in self-defence, I don't see myself engaging in a fight.

OP is telling us a story of a woman who ended up with broken teeth, we know of so many who ended up 6feet below. Abeg, let's be careful what we preach.
I get!!
But u n me working together sounds fun..our homes goan be peaceful....don't u think?? grin
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by GreyLaw(m): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hedonistically:

This is the most foolish comment in the history of commenthood.

Thank you so much!

She dribbled round the whole issue and dumped all the blame on the man, while absolving the woman of every blame. What kind of useless talk is that?!?

Soldiers are naturally more trained to use weapons, but as a civilian, even though you are a woman, the moment you bear arms against them, they treat you as their equal and shoot at sight.

Same thing happens with violent men; abuse them emotionally or physically and they will treat you as their equal. Not good, but it happens, and the woman MUST share in the blame!

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
humeeh:
Haaaaa,moi alien pop,don't kee somborry oo
Awwww...honeychile....don't worry....I don calm down...how u doing cuteface
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Ayinke93(f): 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
I don't judge men that get physical with thier wives until I hear the man's side of d story.. I'm a lady and I'm saying this from my heart.
I grew up having first hand experience of my mum insulting my dad badly, her mouth is very sharp and she insults and slaps him at the slightest provocation. Infact there are times I get very angry and talk to her badly. I grew up seeing my mum very rude and it had a bad influence on our relationship... Even till now, we are not close at all. Although the all scenario made me grow up to be more reasonable with handling issues with men, but it has as some bad influence on me... Sometimes I tend to shout at my bf because that was the only means of communication I saw my mother use growing up..
Women should be calm and learn to briddle your tongues.. My parents are still married today all because of my dad.. He's the calm one but my mom is a story for another day.
Till date I'm still work in progress when it comes to handling issues because I learnt everything I know about character and manners outside home.. Thanks to the good friends I made in school.
A woman should be an home keeper... Men don't just beat unless something triggers them.. Unless of course u married a psycho.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
lozanni:

Sexual frustration has really set in for the woman. This might really be what is causing her anger, as the husband is not satisfying her sexually, she lost total control and went on an uncontrollable rant and was abusing her husband. I wonder if she is experiencing a hormonal imbalance, estrogen, somewhat like the hen that chases away another hen that is lying on top of eggs it had laid, just to claim it.
The woman should have sat with her husband to discuss the above issue, as things like fruits (carrots, bananas, date palm, plaintain), good excersise(jogging, skipping, lifting little weights), good pre-intimacy and sexual technique can help him overcome the problem of weak sexual performance.
The above is true for most couples as they, always fail to discuss their sex lives, which is very important.
I absolutely agree with u!!! It could be Cuz of sexual frustration.. But some women too endure that n never react publicly naw
I think she is just d troublesome type!!!!

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tosyne2much(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
majekdom2:
There are always 2 sides to a story but what I found out is most women that are victim of domestic violence are usually the cause... For instance, If you know your husband is a mad man, why exchange words with him. If you know the next thing he does is to hit you, keep quiet when he is talking, tell him sorry. You don't have to argue with him or insult him... for peace sake.
The above is for a mad man, only a jobless man can turn to a mad man. A man looking to breakthrough or make money or fly high can't be referred to a mad man because he is occupied by so many things but the thing is there are some women that can't just live in peace. They can't be taught, they don't listen, they don't learn from mistakes. They are never progressive thus argument will always breed and they will in most instances hit a woman. Men and young guys, please run away from any woman that can't be taught, corrected, never listens or learns from her mistakes. Such women are usually a big hinderance to one's success. No matter how high and placed you seem to be, they will bring you down to a level you won't believe. This is because, they have a bad spirit that's not progressive. Run from these kind of women no matter how beautiful they seem to be. I call women spirit, they either break or make a man. Check stories in the bible, they are there. When the bible says he who findeth a wife findeth a good thing know what it's saying. Not all women are good for a wife. Not all women are to be called wife. My experience with my mother, sisters, GFS have taught me loads about women. Any woman that cannot stay humble and maintain peace with a man is a doom to whoever she calls a husband.
Nice one bro... I'm thinking of writing an article on this domestic violence of a thing but in another dimension

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by GetMeRight: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
eyinjuege:

Physical violence usually doesn't end with a damage to the body. It equally damages the soul.
Do you think the real victims of domestic violence only suffered a burst kidney, a broken tooth or head?
They are equally damaged emotionally. Physical violence doesn't just coexist on its own. It's usually accompanied by emotional damage to the soul.
But you still cannot rate both as same. Even by law. The law isn't concerned if you're insulted and called names. If you can't take such shit, then walk away forever and say never again. But she's very much concerned about having mad people roaming about using their fists and weapons to damage others when such fists could have come in handy in Sambisa.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt/ break me"
The average life expectancy of Nigerians is barely above 50. Why would anyone play God, by cutting it shorter?
Then, the blame goes to the one couldn't control her tongue.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by kenex4ever(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Veraatabeh:
nice writeup
take this mentality to marriage and by d time u celebrate ur 5th wedding anniversary, all ur teeth would have been replaced with artificial.

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by milkymesh: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
STFU.
that line "no matter what a woman does..." is lame. Y not no matter what a man does a woman should keep her tongue. You think men derive pleasure in hitting a woman you day dreamed and 'night dreamed' about during the wooing days.

Violence is condemnable, whether domestic or otherwise.

Evaberry:

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Phi001(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
The society has been pussified into letting women run their mouths while the men are supposed to be the 'bigger persons'

I generally try to avoid hitting anybody for whatever reason but I will slap a bitch if need be!!

6 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Topestbilly(m): 7:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

[b]Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. [/b]when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Seems you are not the troublesome type?

There's no way a man can avoid his wife wahala except they're not living under the same roof.

There was this man that usually leaves the house whenever his woman starts her troubles, the woman was frustrated by d husband act of leaving the house whenever they've misunderstanding,

So there was dis morning she was about to start her wahala, first thing she did was locking the main entrance to the house and she threw the key away. After everything they had to call on carpenter to break the door from outside.

Imagine!

5 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Keballl: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
HaneefahRN:
Didn't read the story.
I know it will be a stupid excuse to justify domestic violence.

Shame on you.

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by luminouz(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
jumzzy448:

I'm a sis cool
shocked shocked shocked
Oya PM me sharpaly Jumia baby!!! grin
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Sexina851(f): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

Ur reasoning is too one sided abeg, she got wat she deserved. It's not only women that know how to get angry, when d man is not a robert wired not to react. Nobody should disrespect anybody in marriage, everybody deserves to be happy and respected.

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
luminouz:

Awwww...honeychile....don't worry....I don calm down...how u doing cuteface
I'm doing fine...how abouh u?....Ehhn ehn,biko,all these pet names of yours,which dictionary dem dey?
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Lordkratus(m): 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
an incident happened in our area, the woman was beating the husband in the midnight and was shouting, my bro heard from his room and went to inform my parents in their apartment, when they got there, they saw wife in short knicker crying on top husband and beating the husband, they stopped the fight when they see sey people don wake up, as they were trying to plead with them to let go, the child was saying help me beg my mum to stop beating my dad, the dad told the child to shut up, sey if he talk again, he go beat am. anytime the husband dey pass him reach, wife go talk sey you wan start again abi, na night for me and you, the husband no go make sound again.
na later i hear sey the wife na meat seller for market.
this made people look at me like a mad man. I wan laugh die here.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
luminouz:
shocked shocked shocked Oya PM me sharpaly Jumia baby!!! grin
Hian!!Konga boo nko?
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tosyne2much(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
boiz2men:
How do you not know during courtship that your girl nags. I lost interest in a pretty girl after we had several discussions/argument and each time she wanted to be right without facts
That was the same thing I was saying. Those tendencies are usually there. Only those who are not blinded by love can see it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today / Lady Calls Her Mother Who Abandoned Her For 30 Years, Her Reaction Heartbreaking

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.