Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (47552 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tosyne2much(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
jumzzy448:
Thank you op. I could remember the first time I heard that my sister's hubby slapped her. I got so furious and told the husband never to talk to me. He had to apologize to the whole family before everything died down.

Now another time, something like that happened again. Fortunate/unfortunately for my sister, my younger sister was at her house for holiday when the whole ish went down.

My younger sister had to call my mum that we should talk to my sister cos the whole things could have been avoided cos when the heat was much, the husband decided to leave the house to go cool off, but my sister locked the door, held him by his clothe and told him we wasn't going anywhere.. her mother in law was also around. Everyone was begging her to let go of her husband but she refused to listen not until the man gave her one hot slap.

[b] What I'm saying in essence is, not all men are beast, rather their wives bring out the beast in them.
You nailed it bro.

I also used to call men all sort of derogatory names when it comes to domestic violence not until I witnessed it on various occasions. I remember a similar thing happened to someone that was like a brother to me. As gentle and clam as he was, I was so amazed when he told me her beat his life shocked and I was curious to know what transpired

According to him, he said the lady had been frustrating him, calling him all sort of derogatory names and how she turned him to a subject of mockery in the neighbuorhood. He said he got furious and decided to chill out and come back later and the wife grabbed him, locked him on the neck, locked the door and threw the key out of the window. This got him mad and he didn't know when he lost his temperament and landed a slap on her face

Things are happening out there my brother. Only those who have not witnessed these things always blame men for it
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by inkdbetty(f): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
Frenchfriez:
To begin, I must state unequivocally that domestic violence under any form( man-woman, woman to child or elder sibling to younger) is bad, avoidable and condemnable.
Women naturally are born and evolve to be a pain in the arse, and as such it takes a man with 100% self control to refrain from laying a finger on his woman.( don't mention, I'm one grin).
But this op really tried with the narration ooo

Oshey! Eyan Mayweather!! grin

Waa sere! I hope its the two upper incisor teeth she lost.
This is the end of her slay mama voyage. And then when the man divorces her sorry arse, she becomes a second hand lady.

I Feel Sorry For The Man Too, He Also Becomes A Second Hand Man If They Divorce(Which Something Tells Me They Will After That Whole Episode)
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TheKingIsHere: 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Justify it only on the part of men.
I've asked if it justifies the cases of women pouring hot water on their cheating husbands, and none have been able to answer.

Yes, women are allowed to pour hot water on their cheating husbands as long as the men are allowed to pour hot water on cheating wives. Or you think it is only the man that cheats? Mttcchhhwwww

8 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by jumzzy448: 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
You nailed it bro.

I also used to call men all sort of derogatory names when it comes to domestic violence not until I witnessed it on various occasions. I remember a similar thing happened to someone that was like a brother to me. As gentle and clam as he was, I was so amazed when he told me her beat his life shocked and I was curious to know what transpired

According to him, he said the lady had been frustrating him, calling him all sort of derogatory names and how she turned him to a subject of mockery in the neighbuorhood. He said he got furious and decided to chill out and come back later and the wife grabbed him, locked him on the neck, locked the door and threw the key out of the window. This got him mad and he didn't know when he lost his temperament and landed a slap on her face

Things are happening out there my brother. Only those who have not witnessed these things always blame men for it

I'm a sis cool

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by nikkyshyne(f): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
an incident happened in our area, the woman was beating the husband in the midnight and was shouting, my bro heard from his room and went to inform my parents in their apartment, when they got there, they saw wife in short knicker crying on top husband and beating the husband, they stopped the fight when they see sey people don wake up, as they were trying to plead with them to let go, the child was saying help me beg my mum to stop beating my dad, the dad told the child to shut up, sey if he talk again, he go beat am. anytime the husband dey pass him reach, wife go talk sey you wan start again abi, na night for me and you, the husband no go make sound again.
na later i hear sey the wife na meat seller for market.
LMAO
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Yes, women are allowed to pour hot water on their cheating husbands as long as the men are allowed to pour hot water on cheating wives. Or you think it is only the man that cheats? Mttcchhhwwww

Why then do you guys think only women are verbally abusive?
I can also write my own story of a verbally abusive man and who was given hot bathe by a wicked wife. I'm sure you all won't support me like this. It'll be women are wicked all through.

Point is, no excuse to hurt your spouse.
Men get their own for body.
Women get their own too.
Dassal.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
Abeg make una forgive Evaberry. She is sorry for making such comment

3 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by obiksam(m): 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
okay. Tell them.j
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TheKingIsHere: 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
HeWrites:
I swear if the story happens to me.. I will not raise my hand up to beat her... I will move my luggage from the house if we already had children, I will take any of them that is willing to go with and i leave the state for her and I go marry another wife or better still a housemaid... Simple

Just like that? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tosyne2much(m): 7:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
greenguy:
A good lesson Mr. Poster. Experience they say is the best teacher. It is easy for listeners to judge the man and say 'real men don't lay their hands on women'.

Men are humans too with different level of tolerance to provocations. I once had a neighbour with similar traits who genuinely enjoyed humiliating her husband and publicly reminded him of how poor and miserable he is, how incapable he is as a man and her plans to abandon him for a 'real man'. She'd throw things at the man and pour water at him. She also bedded almost all the young men in the compound at the time. What a gentle man the man was. I remember the man reacting to her provocation one day with a divine slap and she fainted on the spot.

She eventually left her two kids for the man and left to her lover's. She died of HIV some years later.

I have learnt that some people are devils incarnate.
I believe this thread is an eye opener for many guys and that's why I decided to stay glued to it because I have a lot to gain from people's experiences
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by ochardbaby(m): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:
Usually, when I read tales of domestic violence, especially when i see a woman battered and bruised, i am quick to feel pity for her, and by default blame the man for being an 'animal'. I hate wife beaters with all my heart. But today's experience actually changed my view.

It started around 7a.m this sunday morning. My neighbor whose flat directly faces mine was washing his vehicle outside. I have never known him to be a violent man. He and his wife always argue and quarrel, but it has never been in the open. Just raised voices and exchanging unkind words. His wife walked in through the gate leading to the compound. As soon as she saw her husband, she started screaming, 'dirty man' 'pig' and some other obscenity in their local dialect. He was scolding the man for not wearing a slippers outdoors. He walking on water barefooted. The man told her to keep quiet and get him a slippers to put on. She continued on top of her voice. She insulted daylight out of the man. There was nothing this woman did not say, from the size of the man's joystick to the number of minutes he stays in the bedroom. Out of anger, the man poured the remaining water he was using to wash the car on her. She ran at him and gripped him by the collar almost choking him. At that point, myself and other neighbors who have been watching ran out to put an end to the fracas before it got out of hand. It took alot of pleading before she eventually let go and went inside. The man just stood there, i could tell that he was really embarrassed by the things his wife said. We advised him to be a man 'you know say na so women be na'.

Not up to 10 minutes later, the man started banging on the door to the house. His wife refused to let him in. She insisted that he must go and wash his feet thoroughly before entering the house, but there was no water outside anymore. The man shouted at her to bring water for him to wash up, but she kept insisting that there would have been water if he hadn't poured it on her. A shouting match ensued again, this woman continued her verbal assault. At about an hour later, when it was time to go to church, she came out all dressed, not knowing that her husband was around the corner. He came from nowhere and landed a slap on her cheeks. She swung her bag at him, and a piece of metal from the bag cut his Jaw. This man descended on his wife with series of slaps. She fought back violently. All the while i was observing through my window. She dipped her hand into the man's eye, and punched him several times. The man seemed to lose it completely and aimed a blow directly at her jaw. The woman screamed, next thing i saw was blood oozing out of her mouth. I ran out of my own apartment to calm things down. Behold she had lost two teeth. When we all came to separate them, the woman started wailing uncontrollably, saying that her husband has killed her. With the blood in her mouth and everything nobody even spared a thought for the man. I could see finger nail marks all over his face. His jaw was a bit swollen too.

I personally drove the woman to a nearby health center so they could clean her up. As we entered, we were greeted with questions 'wetin happen?' 'na accident'? She started crying and narrating how her husband wanted to kill her this morning because she insisted that 'he must wash his dirty legs before entering the house'. The Nurses there started berating men in general, with each person narrating different experiences of domestic violence they had encountered. They were all full of sympathy for her. It was the general assumption that the she married a devil as husband. I just sat there listening to them demonizing men and wondering. The husband even called me while at the health center to know if it was serious. He sounded really worried. He wanted to drive down to meet us. I just discouraged him from coming, because his wife has already made him out to be a devil here.

Whenever the story of domestic violence is told, it is only narrated from the woman's perspective. We often see her in tears, with bruises all over. She plays the victim, because she is the one that usually ends up with bruises, even if she may have delivered the first punch. We hardly hear the man's side of the story, we don't perceive his emotion, he hardly has any physical scars from the encounter, so we assume he wasn't hurt. He is always the violent one, because he won't let you know that a woman's words broke him, he won't gather a crowd a to tell his story.

I'm totally against domestic violence, whether physical or verbal. I believe two people who claim to love each other should be able to settle issues amicably with resorting to abusive language and physical confrontation. If your differences are irreconcilable, then end the damn marriage and let everyone go in peace. I think the real beast is the man that will descend on a woman at the smallest provocation. But as a woman, If you instigate a physical confrontation, either by words or action, make sure you win the fight that ensues.

Next time i read or hear about domestic violence, with a picture of a battered and bruised woman, i won't jump into the 'Men are beasts' wagon, not untill i know the full story.

Bros,
The man still Bleep up,beat your wife! Ha

There are two set of course, the men and Gentlemen which is where me and lots of men belong to.
Wetting we dey discuss reach fight with my wife? If I fit fight mayweather is there,for cash fights. If my wife is mad � I go run for my life and come back when her phsyco don cool.��
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TheKingIsHere: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Why then do you guys think only women are verbally abusive? grin

Point is, no excuse to hurt your spouse.
Men get their own for body.
Women get their own too.
Dassal.

Then there should be no excuse for the woman too. Women love playing the victim every time which is not the true reflection of things. That's what the OP is trying to say. The day I heard one quiet and respectable deacon in my area almost gave his wife a dirty slap eh.. And truely the wife can talk anyhow.. No wonder men are no longer interested in getting married. Even me sef dey one corner. Women wahala too much.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
Just like that? cheesy

dont mind him, hewrites wink
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
kimbraa:
Mr op, this story doesn't add up.
it doesn't add up for you because of low IQ

4 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by optimus09: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
Oh you tor it was telemundo.Get serious.It doesnt add up or you are too slow to catch up.Some of you dont know how to react to serious issues.You just start writing poo because of one small wikko fone with 2mb data.Get serious!!!
kimbraa:
Mr op, this story doesn't add up.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
Words go a long way and they know this so well, so they take full advantage of it..... It can be positive or negative though...
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Then there should be no excuse for the woman too. Women love playing the victim every time which is not the true reflection of things. That's what the OP is trying to say. The day I heard one quiet and respectable deacon in my area almost gave his wife a dirty slap eh.. And truely the wife can talk anyhow.. No wonder men are no longer interested in getting married. Even me sef dey one corner. Women wahala too much.

I must have forgotten where I made an excuse for women, no memory of such. Same way men play victim when they emotionally abuse their wives, it must be the woman's fault that she is being put through such pain.

This woman obviously brought the violence on first, but their is a limit to corrective slap.

Nothing warrants violence on either part.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Stoicbaba(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Prov 21:23 - Those who guard their mouth and their tongues, keeps themselves from calamity.

James 3:5-8 ; emphasis on vs 8 - ...but no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full with deadly poison

Proverbs 15:4 “A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit."

Please, in as much as you expect me to walk away after you "kill me slowly" with your words. ..just quietly work away if you feel annoyed by my actions...so that you will not bring calamity to yourself.

Afterall, what a man can do...a woman can do better.

Besides, we are in a world where men and women are equal...so, I am not in any way stronger than you...

Thanks for your understanding...

#stoicopinion

6 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by afroxyz: 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

Engaging in a fisticuffs with a woman is wrong and should be condemned.
Just shut your bloody trap. Why not advise the women to be ladies and bridle their tongue. What type of cretin are you. Every time the man should be a man and take the insult as if his chest is made out if a metal plate. What type of woman would embrass her husband to the extent of the size of his manhood. In public! You dey mad

12 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TheKingIsHere: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
pocohantas:

I must have forgotten where I made an excuse for women, no memory of such. Same way men play victim when they emotionally abuse their wives, it must be the woman's fault that she is being put through such pain.

This woman obviously brought the violence on first, but their is a limit to corrective slap.

Nothing warrants violence on either part.

When has the man played victim?

The man beats the wife...You call him beast

The man insults the wife. .You say he is immature and acting like a child.

The man gets beaten by the wife.. .You will say he is weak.

The man walks away.. You say he is irresponsible and not man enough to handle a woman.

Seriously, what do you ladies want

Who is actually the victim in these scenarios?

I don't support domestic violence but this is a lesson to all..DONT BE QUICK TO JUDGE.

6 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by 1kingwriter: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:
very few men are victims of domestic violence. Women always bear the brunt of a man's anger

No matter what a woman says or does, a man should never hit her, a man is physically stronger than a woman so hitting her will inflict serious physical damage, whereas a woman may not cause any real harm to a man.

Op the husband in your write Up should have quietly left the compound and go relax somewhere until he was sure his wife had calmed down. when a woman is angry she throws all reason and caution to the wind, it therefore falls on the man to be understanding and reasonable

You made some sense.
Men are stronger than women naturally ba? Then why challenge what's bigger than you?
.....he should have left the house for a while? I bet you the way a man is seen and how they react in this clime, the consequences will be tougher.

Marriage is never by force.
I advise family and friends of such people to go for a divorce.

2 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Xtianvic(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

you mean i should keep my cool to a woman unending insults because i'm a man? You cant keeping insulting someone, whether male or female, and not expect them to slap the hell out of you for being grossly stupid. Pls apply some logic and stop embarrassing yourself in a public forum. A woman who does not need severe beating should just tame her tongue

6 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Bluffly: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
thorpido:
It could be men or women.There are some troublesome women who are also violent as the lady in this case.They cut with their tongues and do damage with their hands.
It's more common with men however being the physically stronger one.
Why would you say it is common with men because they are physically strong. Please implore some reasonings before making comments
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

When has the man played victim?

The man beats the wife...You call him beast

The man insults the wife. .You say he is immature and acting like a child.

The man gets beaten by the wife.. .You will say he is weak.

The man walks away.. You say he is irresponsible and not man enough to handle a woman.

Seriously, what do you ladies want

I don't support domestic violence but this is a lesson to all..DONT BE QUICK TO JUDGE.

I think you have a habit of jumping into conclusion. Where did I call the man beast ,say he isn't man enough or call his names of any sort? Do you read posts differently from how they are written?

This is draining ahbeg... Bye.

Please don't be quick to judge when a man is the victim.

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by OlujobaSamuel: 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
LordIsaac:

Goɗ forbiɗ...on this grounɗs, I accept I'm whatever...I will simplƴ parƙ my ɓags, resign from worƙ anɗ relocate to another region. Whƴ woulɗ I ɗie in the name of enɗurance anɗ ɓeing a man? It's onlƴ one life ooo. A laɗy has tormenteɗ me too sha...ɓut she will never forget me.
lol, the wife don move out after the husband had a car accident.
the funniest part be sey this woman dey gentle for area, she fit kneel for africa, no one just know why she dey do husband like that, although the husband too dey form(i get $1k, £20k for account) while house never complete and na the woman dey bear responsibility pass.
early morning when all dey go work, e go carry phone dey call clients speaking in $,€,£,etc for street so all go hear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by tsmat(m): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

do you know the injury the woman's word would have inflicted on the man....some women are specially gifted the spirit of trouble making, they can provoke JESUS to fight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by HaneefahRN(f): 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
pocohantas:

Justify it only on the part of men.
I've asked if it justifies the cases of women pouring hot water on their cheating husbands, and none have been able to answer.

Abi o, a man that cheats is also emotionally abusing the wife let's not even talk about all the risks he is exposing her to.
Still doesn't justify violence.

If the wife's tongue lashing is unbearable even after some measures had been taken to make her change then divorce her. Rather than behaving like a lunatic
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by bebeto94: 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
dicefrost:
Usually, when I read tales of domestic violence, especially when i see a woman battered and bruised, i am quick to feel pity for her, and by default blame the man for being an 'animal'. I hate wife beaters with all my heart. But today's experience actually changed my view.

It started around 7a.m this sunday morning. My neighbor whose flat directly faces mine was washing his vehicle outside. I have never known him to be a violent man. He and his wife always argue and quarrel, but it has never been in the open. Just raised voices and exchanging unkind words. His wife walked in through the gate leading to the compound. As soon as she saw her husband, she started screaming, 'dirty man' 'pig' and some other obscenity in their local dialect. He was scolding the man for not wearing a slippers outdoors. He walking on water barefooted. The man told her to keep quiet and get him a slippers to put on. She continued on top of her voice. She insulted daylight out of the man. There was nothing this woman did not say, from the size of the man's joystick to the number of minutes he stays in the bedroom. Out of anger, the man poured the remaining water he was using to wash the car on her. She ran at him and gripped him by the collar almost choking him. At that point, myself and other neighbors who have been watching ran out to put an end to the fracas before it got out of hand. It took alot of pleading before she eventually let go and went inside. The man just stood there, i could tell that he was really embarrassed by the things his wife said. We advised him to be a man 'you know say na so women be na'.

Not up to 10 minutes later, the man started banging on the door to the house. His wife refused to let him in. She insisted that he must go and wash his feet thoroughly before entering the house, but there was no water outside anymore. The man shouted at her to bring water for him to wash up, but she kept insisting that there would have been water if he hadn't poured it on her. A shouting match ensued again, this woman continued her verbal assault. At about an hour later, when it was time to go to church, she came out all dressed, not knowing that her husband was around the corner. He came from nowhere and landed a slap on her cheeks. She swung her bag at him, and a piece of metal from the bag cut his Jaw. This man descended on his wife with series of slaps. She fought back violently. All the while i was observing through my window. She dipped her hand into the man's eye, and punched him several times. The man seemed to lose it completely and aimed a blow directly at her jaw. The woman screamed, next thing i saw was blood oozing out of her mouth. I ran out of my own apartment to calm things down. Behold she had lost two teeth. When we all came to separate them, the woman started wailing uncontrollably, saying that her husband has killed her. With the blood in her mouth and everything nobody even spared a thought for the man. I could see finger nail marks all over his face. His jaw was a bit swollen too.

I personally drove the woman to a nearby health center so they could clean her up. As we entered, we were greeted with questions 'wetin happen?' 'na accident'? She started crying and narrating how her husband wanted to kill her this morning because she insisted that 'he must wash his dirty legs before entering the house'. The Nurses there started berating men in general, with each person narrating different experiences of domestic violence they had encountered. They were all full of sympathy for her. It was the general assumption that the she married a devil as husband. I just sat there listening to them demonizing men and wondering. The husband even called me while at the health center to know if it was serious. He sounded really worried. He wanted to drive down to meet us. I just discouraged him from coming, because his wife has already made him out to be a devil here.

Whenever the story of domestic violence is told, it is only narrated from the woman's perspective. We often see her in tears, with bruises all over. She plays the victim, because she is the one that usually ends up with bruises, even if she may have delivered the first punch. We hardly hear the man's side of the story, we don't perceive his emotion, he hardly has any physical scars from the encounter, so we assume he wasn't hurt. He is always the violent one, because he won't let you know that a woman's words broke him, he won't gather a crowd a to tell his story.

I'm totally against domestic violence, whether physical or verbal. I believe two people who claim to love each other should be able to settle issues amicably with resorting to abusive language and physical confrontation. If your differences are irreconcilable, then end the damn marriage and let everyone go in peace. I think the real beast is the man that will descend on a woman at the smallest provocation. But as a woman, If you instigate a physical confrontation, either by words or action, make sure you win the fight that ensues.

Next time i read or hear about domestic violence, with a picture of a battered and bruised woman, i won't jump into the 'Men are beasts' wagon, not untill i know the full story.
my brother. U finish work. Tnx 4 d full gist

1 Like

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
luminouz:

Likewise my dad!!
I took DAT from him....

But I pray not to meet d kinda wife d OP described.... I may lose my cool n become a bitçhbeater!!! undecided
Haaaaa,moi alien pop,don't kee somborry oo
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by TheKingIsHere: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
pocohantas:

I think you have a habit of jumping into conclusion. Where did I call the man beast ,say he isn't man enough or call his names of any sort? Do you read posts differently from how they are written?

This is draining ahbeg... Bye.

Please don't be quick to judge when a man is the victim.

You are the one jumping into conclusions. I listed the scenarios of what happens and the general conclusions most people have.. You can see how you have shot yourself in the foot again.

5 Likes

Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by Oyinda32(m): 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
Evaberry:

"No matter what a woman says or DOES" so if a woman, a suppose wife goes violent to the extent of hitting the husband with a metal object or stabbed him with a bottle, he should still keep quiet.? I have seen a woman, a suppose wife broke a bottle to stab her husband even when the man tried to avoid fight. In as much as I detest domestic violence in all ramifications, it is so pathetic that women always play the victim game and use their their feminity to gain sympathy.
Re: Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence by pocohantas(f): 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
HaneefahRN:

Abi o, a man that cheats is also emotionally abusing the wife let's not even talk about all the risks he is exposing her to.
Still doesn't justify violence.

If the wife's tongue lashing is unbearable even after some measures had been taken to make her change then divorce her. Rather than behaving like a lunatic

They don't get it. If this where a thread on a woman doing same to her husband, they won't ask what the man did. I have never seen them ask such. Their detective skills only come on when a woman is the victim.

I'm tired of this recent trend of couples inflicting injuries on each other. When it's more honourable to walk away.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / My Handsome Boy Is A Year Old Today / Lady Calls Her Mother Who Abandoned Her For 30 Years, Her Reaction Heartbreaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.