Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds (41104 Views)

Supreme Court Ruling: Secondus Says Only God Can Bail Out Nigeria / Imo Bail Out Funds: "N1 Billion Deducted From Imo Monthly Allocation" / Top Ten States With Highest Number Of Billionaires Per Capita In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by muriunited(m): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2017
I know kogi is number one. The idiot idiot iß using the money to build all his motor pack nation wide plus plaza.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Rekyz(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2017
OKKO:
Imo State is a clear act of wickedness.
There is no visible meaningful achievement on ground. What we have is hunger frustration and substandard toyish projects that has zero impact in the growth of the State's economy.
I've lived in Owerri for some months, I must confess that Rocha's is useless. Substandard projects everywhere especially roads. They go to site, dump laterite without adequate compaction, dump stone dust and asphalt. After a month, the pavement is something else.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by dokJ: 7:57am On Sep 20, 2017
in NK's voice "Chukwu Okike Abiama ll punish d governors "
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by amehjoey: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
I know.kogi will be there sha....youth governor without brain
. God bless u, and some idi**s will still campaign and vote for that fool when given peenuts for second term. I pity Kogi people sha
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by thekoko007: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2017
Tayonic:
Can people now see how wicked some governors can be?
How in earth could Okorocha, Ikpeazu, Zamfara and Bayelsa refused to pay salaries and utilise the money given to them?
I keep telling people that Aregbesola is one of the best governors in Nigeria.
He is spending the bail out on salaries just that it is not enough to augment the debt but at least we see projects here and there.
Bayelsa with all their allocations and small population is still owning workers?
Fayose is owning 8 months salary!!

All he knows is making noise and shouting upandan.
another propaganda by APC ,Lagos branch
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by thundafire: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2017
Benue and kogi wat a disaster yet dey still beat drum 4 reelection dis states needs to be scrapped
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by LasGidiOwner: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2017
Breeze don blow.. cheesy

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by LasGidiOwner: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2017
Here comes the Nigeria's best governor. Never borrowed but has accomplished mega infrastructural projects. Never took bailout funds but he has not failed to hit civil servant's and pensioner's bank accounts every 24th of the month.

May we make welcome the governor of governors.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by iamjavadem(m): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2017
Why am i not surprised to see Ekiti there. Fayose well done. Busy following Buhari upandan the place and not face his work. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by AuroraB(f): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2017
I knew that state, governed by a happy-go-lucky idi0t will be amongst this.
Fat f00l angry
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by supereagle(m): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2017
I didn't see Imo State there. I expected it.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by mtthwbar(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2017
I think most state should bi merge

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Tapout(m): 8:15am On Sep 20, 2017
i was expecting to see IMO on the list, and I wasn't disappointed

2 Likes

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by FactualSpeech: 8:20am On Sep 20, 2017
Habakus:
A little trip to Ebonyi state should make them realize how stupid they by including Ebonyi state.
Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, is about the best performing governor currently in the country.

it's not about whether he performed in the state or not, it's about salary and pension. As people dey laud Ambode say he dey work, if he dey owe salary dem go mention Lagos state

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:23am On Sep 20, 2017
THESE ISSUE IS SERIOUS YET PRESIDENT IS BEGGING GOVRNORS TO PAY WORKERS SALARIES OWED THEM FROM THE PARIS CLUB FUNDS HE LOANED TO THE STATES GOVERNOR. . .CAN U IMAGINE DAT.? AS FOR IMO STATE, THE GOVRNOR IS JUST PAYING THE PEOPLE OF IMO WHO ALMOST VOTED HIM OUT DESPITE HIS FANTASTIC FIRST TERM,WE FORGOT HE PAID HUGE SUMS TO GET HIS VICTORY AT THE COURT UPHELD. .AS FOR BAYELSA GOVERNOR, DESPITE HIS LOVE FOR THE STATE, THE PPLE WENT FOR SILVA AND DAT PAINED HIM ALOT SO TO PAY BACK WORKERS HE WITH HELD THEIR SALARIES. .HEARD HE HAS STARTED PAYING. .FOR KOGI GOVERNOR BUSY FIGTHING DINO THRU THE HELP OF TINUBU, THAT ONE IS JUST GATHERING FUNDS TO PAY BACK HIS GODFATHERS WHO FUNDED HIS ELECTION. .BENUE GOVERNOR IS JUST NEW TO THE GAME AND STILL TRYING TO GRASP WITH STATE ALLOCATIONS. .AS FOR THE REST, THEY ARE SAVING IT FOR PERSONAL SELFISH PURPOSE OF BECOMING GODFATHERS IN THIER STATES TOMOROW. .I REST MY CASE BUT THEY SHOULD KNOW THAT THERE IS MR. DEATH AND WHEN IT COMES KNOCKING, THESE HUGE AMOUNT WILL NEVER SAVE THEM. .

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Habakus: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2017
Chukazu:

is not about been best governor, its how money got misappropriated on the wrong projects

is a Nigerian disease...
money accrued is different from money appropriated

money appropriated is different from money budgeted for

,where money budgeted for is different from money approved.

money approved is different from money released

money released is different from money spent

money spent is different from money well spentundecided
This is what was said of Ebonyi State:

Ebonyi, unilaterally, without discussion with the union tried to reduce the salaries by certain percentage and have also not made available records of utilisation of the Paris Club refund.

Where was it stated that Ebonyi State government misappropriated the fund?
And mind you, it says that Ebonyi 'tried to reduce' not 'reduced 'the salaries by certain percentage...
When I hail that man as one of the best governors in the county, I'm not just talking about projects and infrastructure, I refer to payment of salaries as at when due, several empowerment programmes currently ongoing in the state, etc.
I insist those NLC guys didnt do their homework well by actually visiting state and getting first-hand perspective of what is going on there.
By the way, Ebonyi state government is currently laying water pipes across in the state. The target is for every home to have access to portable water .
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Yyeske(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2017
None of my business since Anambra is not on the list, it can never be sef.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Habakus: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2017
FactualSpeech:

it's not about whether he performed in the state or not, it's about salary and pension. As people dey laud Ambode say he dey work, if he dey owe salary dem go mention Lagos state
Refer to my reply to Chukazu, and maybe pay a visit to Ebonyi state and see things for yourself.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by ztanleechima(m): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2017
TheCabal:

you're on point.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Reference(m): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2017
Childofaking:

But is he owing workers some months salary or not ?

The NLC is not talking about his performance in other areas, they are concern about workers welfare. No matter the amount of project he executes, one of the key areas he will be measured is workers welfare.

What are you performing when you cannot pay salaries ?

Oga, stop all these abeg. Do we all elect governments and pay taxes just for salaries. What is this mad desire to have only civil servants satisfied. Are they the only ones undegoing economic stress. Developmental projects are for the benefit of all the populace of that locality and whatever bailout funds are provided should meet both salaries and services in equal measure. I have said it countless times, this useless structure by which goverments at all levels spend upwards of 70 percent of revenues on recurrent expenditure is not acceptable. Civil servants are not more hardworking than the general populace and certainly not more important. They are there because there is a people to be governed and when the people suffer they should suffer as well. No institution or enterprise can and should guarantee jobs and salaries for life. If the wage bill is too high the workforce must be shed. We should stop all these abeg. It is killing this country.

If you own a company you will not invest, you will not build it, just be taking loans to pay salaries. What kind of future will you have if you will have one at all. Corporate law should be used in running states just like in the US permitting them to go bankrupt thus cutting all thses useless obligations by law. We need to urgently restructure.

2 Likes

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by donqx: 8:35am On Sep 20, 2017
good
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Okoroawusa: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2017
OKKO:
There is no visible meaningful achievement on ground. What we have is hunger frustration and substandard toyish projects that has zero impact in the growth of the State's economy.
You r wicked.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Chukazu: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2017
Habakus:

This is what was said of Ebonyi State:

Ebonyi, unilaterally, without discussion with the union tried to reduce the salaries by certain percentage and have also not made available records of utilisation of the Paris Club refund.

Where was it stated that Ebonyi State government misappropriated the fund?
And mind you, it says that Ebonyi 'tried to reduce' not 'reduced 'the salaries by certain percentage...
When I hail that man as one of the best governors in the county, I'm not just talking about projects and infrastructure, I refer to payment of salaries as at when due, several empowerment programmes currently ongoing in the state, etc.
I insist those NLC guys didnt do their homework well by actually visiting state and getting first-hand perspective of what is going on there.
By the way, Ebonyi state government is currently laying water pipes across in the state. The target is for every home to have access to portable water .

can you read what you posting at all?
when you reduced salaries unilaterally without consultation, that is tantamount to misappropriation... because that money meant for salaries is been diverted to something else
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Habakus: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2017
Childofaking:

But is he owing workers some months salary or not ?

The NLC is not talking about his performance in other areas, they are concern about workers welfare. No matter the amount of project he executes, one of the key areas he will be measured is workers welfare.

What are you performing when you cannot pay salaries ?
Who told you he's owing workers?
Did the NLC say that he's owing salaries?
The way and manner you guys swallow everything you read, and twist and criticise everything is appalling.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Sammyblaq(m): 8:46am On Sep 20, 2017
I have to confirm this as i saw ABIA and IMO on the list.

Keep Resting DE SAM.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by hakimi1974(m): 8:50am On Sep 20, 2017
Joseph6712:
Kindly be informed that Federal Government is given out loan to empower youths and small scale business.
Procedure on how to apply: log on to your mail and send your request to:empowermentcbnloan@gmail.com,
subject:Loan Application.
For instance:
Ref..771200
Name..................
Phone Number..........
State Of Origin.......
Type of Business......
As soon as you send the message to the mail, a CBN Representative will call your number, to confirm your request, after 30 minutes you will receive a form in your mail box, log on to your mail and fill the necessary information and then send back to that same email that sent the form. Kindly share to help others
AND ANYBODY THAT FALLS FOR THIS SCAM IS A FOOL. when c.b.n start use gmail?

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by breakeven: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2017
OKKO:
Okorocha is a collosal failure.
Its a pity he will get away with this stealing because he is APC.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Habakus: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2017
Chukazu:

can you read what you posting at all?
when you reduced salaries unilaterally without consultation, that is tantamount to misappropriation... because that money meant for salaries is been diverted to something else
Abraham mother of Isaac!
He tried to reduce! He didn't reduce it!
They're two different things.
He proposed to reduce by some certain percentage.
And by the way, if you're conversant with Ebonyi state politics, you'd know that the previous government in Ebonyi State increased salaries of workers arbitrarily some few months before he left the office, probably to spite the next incoming government. These are just politics that if the NLC had taken time to do their due diligence, they wouldn't have been further reducing their relevance by including Ebonyi state in the above.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by neonly: 8:57am On Sep 20, 2017
sarrki:
Zamfara is busy buying cars for big sons children and also acquiring posh house in America

IMO is the case of osun he his paying back loans he collected due to over stretched infrastructural development

Ekiti governor is a total disaster and collosal failure

He used his own in media propaganda to abuse buhari

Dis guy leave Fayose alone oooooo last warning
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by sarrki(m): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2017
neonly:

Dis guy leave Fayose alone oooooo last warning

Swerve joor
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by okerekeikpo: 9:04am On Sep 20, 2017
I knew Abia will be there, the stupid governor Ikpeazu all he knows how to do is to using Abia money to spend on ashawo, God will punish him
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by olatunyemi(m): 9:08am On Sep 20, 2017
I wonder why I will still be going to work when the government cannot pay my salary for 21 months, is it not better to go back to farm and do something worthy of my time
Nigeria will not be more than this if we agreed to work without paying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Just In: Buhari Orders Prosecution Of Pinnick Over NFF Multi-billion Alleged Fra / Moshood Jimoh Sacked As Police PRO, Frank Mba Appointed As His Replacement / Tinubu: Power Must Be Grabbed, Snatched At All Cost (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.