Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds (41099 Views)

Supreme Court Ruling: Secondus Says Only God Can Bail Out Nigeria / Imo Bail Out Funds: "N1 Billion Deducted From Imo Monthly Allocation" / Top Ten States With Highest Number Of Billionaires Per Capita In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by esoket1776: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2017
Where's delta state?
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Childofaking: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2017
Reference:

Oga, stop all these abeg. Do we all elect governments and pay taxes just for salaries. What is this mad desire to have only civil servants satisfied. Are they the only ones undegoing economic stress. Developmental projects are for the benefit of all the populace of that locality and whatever bailout funds are provided should meet both salaries and services in equal measure. I have said it countless times, this useless structure by which goverments at all levels spend upwards of 70 percent of revenues on recurrent expenditure is not acceptable. Civil servants are not more hardworking than the general populace and certainly not more important. They are there because there is a people to be governed and when the people suffer they should suffer as well. No institution or enterprise can and should guarantee jobs and salaries for life. If the wage bill is too high the workforce must be shed. We should stop all these abeg. It is killing this country.

If you own a company you will not invest, you will not build it, just be taking loans to pay salaries. What kind of future will you have if you will have one at all. Corporate law should be used in running states just like in the US permitting them to go bankrupt thus cutting all thses useless obligations by law. We need to urgently restructure.

Paying salaries will not stop any governor from executing other projects if they are serious. The problem with the wage bills is that the salary paid to ghost workers is more than the salary of living workers. States should trim down their salaries by purging them of ghost workers.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by fortunejum: 9:19am On Sep 20, 2017
Chukazu:

is not about been best governor, its how money got misappropriated on the wrong projects

is a Nigerian disease where...
1.money accrued is different from money appropriated

2.money appropriated is different from money budgeted for

3.where money budgeted for is different from money approved.

4.money approved is different from money released

5.money released is different from money spent

6.money spent is different from money well spentundecided
.....that is Nigeria for you

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by DaInferno(m): 9:21am On Sep 20, 2017
sarrki:

Kogi and Benue are accidental governors.
They have failed God and humanity.

Bayelsa is using the money to pay back to banks that loaned him during electioneering campaign.

Osun is paying back debts due to over stretching of infrastructural development

Ondo is paying back loan he also collected from bank for his campaign

Abia before now was using it for sponsoring Igbos.
u hit the nail by the head... As the nail enter, u still the hitam! grin
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by sarrki(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2017
DaInferno:
u hit the nail by the head... As the nail enter, u still the hitam! grin

Thank you sire
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by EbukaLive(m): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2017
sarrki:
Zamfara is busy buying cars for big sons children and also acquiring posh house in America

IMO is the case of osun he his paying back loans he collected due to over stretched infrastructural development

Ekiti governor is a total disaster and collosal failure

He used his own in media propaganda to abuse buhari
You finish work for this comment. This is by far your best comment on this site in a long while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Reference(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2017
Childofaking:

Paying salaries will not stop any governor from executing other projects if they are serious. The problem with the wage bills is that the salary paid to ghost workers is more than the salary of living workers. States should trim down their salaries by purging them of ghost workers.

Story. They have been hunting and exorcising ghosts from government payroll since Murtala overthrew Gowon but the situation of the immoral imbalance between salaries and development has only worsened. And please don't bring the corruption slogan here because these governments are under the closest scrutiny in the history of Nigerian governance andunder a self acclaimed anti-corruption crusade(r). Yet the situation is the worst in the history of Nigeria.

So don't blame ghosts just as corruption's effect on tne economy is overrated. There is just no capacity to govern well simply caused by the structure of the system which has next to no accountability. Run the governments like corporations not like ancient feudal kingdoms and see everyone sit up and every naira efficiently used.

A couple of years ago we all laughed at a certain local government in Nassarawa that had a dozen or so drivers for just one servicable vehicle in its pool. Is that not disgusting to you. Can you run even your home like that. Even if you were a benevolent philanthropist won't you find sensible closure to that matter asap. But that is how our state has been run since independence. Wasted all our oil resources for decades and you are talking about ghosts. What is the average performance criteria by which civil service work is measured, none. The best the CEO's do is to monitor clocking in and out for a while. No one asks what is being done to justify billions of naira each month.

I bet you if they gave you that money to run your state you will sack half within a month. Just preposterous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by OmoEpe(m): 10:11am On Sep 20, 2017
[quote author=folly22 post=60640149]That Aregbegbese ( alias Baba Hafausa) must surely be there. That is the failure of a governor we have in our state. The worst ever.[/quote
The worst ever WTF
A state with one of the highest project rates? With lowest crime rate occasioned by highest employment rate no matter how meagre the salary is,inspite of it's almost zero IGR?

If you are from Osun, sorry to say though am not from there but i have worked extensively through the 6 states of the SW, YOU ARE THE MOST UNOBJECTIVE PERSON I HAVE EVER READ

With his level of performance relative to his income if he was to be the Gov of Lagos its extremely certain he will out perform Ambode. Please politics aside, be fair to the poor man. He's one of the best
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by sarrki(m): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2017
EbukaLive:

You finish work for this comment. This is by far your best comment on this site in a long while.

Thank you sire
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Rajiolaade: 10:34am On Sep 20, 2017
God will punish,whoever absolves kwara state from the list.are kwara state local governments, jss & primary schools teachers from lagos state, quoting Rauf Aregbesola ,local governments are appendage of state government.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by rafindo(m): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2017
chiscodedon:
Without even seeing imo state,I would have question the credibility of this post
Imaging stupid and lazy governors, thats why I root for true federalism, it's high time they woke up,you can't sit down,waiting at the end of every month,to go share federal allocation you never worked for.they should study there states,utilize there resources and make there civil servants be up and doing to generate more revenues foe there states hence they're paying them salary
Their is nothing like true federalism any where in the world.officially we have 4 countries in the world that are federal republic. They are
The federal republic of Germany
The federal republic of Brazil
The federal republic of Nigeria
The united state of America
Quote me none of their system are the same.
Nigeria only need restructuring of the mind not the country
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by sunsewa16: 11:13am On Sep 20, 2017
40kobo77:
Ekiti?

Not surprised. And that thief has been kissing IPOB shiny Nyansh,because he is eyeing the Presidency.

So this is how he plans to ruin Nigeria?

Na only ekiti u see there,what about osun and ondo,abeg free fayose,u can never appreciate what u have till u lose it.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by folly22(f): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2017
[quote author=OmoEpe post=60645553][/quote] I want to know the level of performance? The level of performance is what I don't know. What spectacular thing he did that other governors before hi didn't do that made him to be servicing loan he borrowed massively to do nothing spectacular. Wot he did is what am interested in
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by ihatesycophant(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2017
Where is that twitter senator throwing banter at Ogbeni Aregbesola but kept mum about Dickson owing salaries.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Aragon: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2017
And tomorrow they will start attacking and Insulting President BUHARI, calling him all sorts of names Instead of facing their own Governors! These are the same people crying RESTRUCTURING so they can Control their State Revenues etc..... Well you have seen how they intend to spend your money. If those that are crying they want to Break Away, my question has always been Are they not the same Nigerians? Would they automatically Change cos they have a new name and new Country? Can you even begin to imagine what can Happen to a brand new Country that's trying to Start and Corruption and Looting Starts? Civil war can break out as the people wont Tolerate it. Nigerians sha!
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by globemoney: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2017
omenka:
[s]Of course Benue must be there. I strongly doubt anything good can come of Ortom.

The man has totally lost it.[/s]
But ortom has performed better than the genocidal military dictator buhari
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Chuksgeo: 12:01pm On Sep 20, 2017
Imo state must be there. its the quite unfortunate that Imo has never been this backward

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by abbadsinger: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
kahal29:
* ABIA, BAYELSA, EBONYI, EKITI, IMO, KOGI, BENUE, OSUN, ONDO and ZAMFARA.

TEN states have misspent the bail out funds and the Paris Club refund, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) said yesterday.

The NLC made good its threat to “Name and Shame” states that refused to pay workers or make public the bailout funds and the Paris Club refund they got.

The congress also warned the government against approving another increase in electricity tariff, saying it will mobilise its affiliates, social partners and other Nigerians to resist any further increase when Nigerians were yet to get a good service foe the previous increase, which has been declared illegal by the court.

NLC President Ayuba Wabba, who spoke at the National Executive Council meeting of the Non Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU) in Abuja, said six of the 10 states were in a terrible situation, pointing out that the congress had directed all states chapters whose members are owed more than three months salaries to declare an industrial action.

While reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari’s disappointment with the governors over the utilisation of the funds, Wabba had told The Nation that the congress was compiling a list of governors who failed to spend the funds on workers’ salaries.

Wabba said: “Out of the 36 states, we have 10 bad case scenario and out of this 10, we have six terrible ones. We have promised to name and shame them.

Those states include Imo that has been paying workers salaries in percentage and has not declared utilisation of the bail out fund and Paris Club refund. It is part of the states that ICPC has mentioned in fund diversion.“They paid 40 percent pension to their pensioners without their consent and provided a form for them to sign under duress. That is not allowed in law.

We have Bayelsa, which has between five to 10 months arrears.

Ondo is owing between four and six,

Ekiti (five to eight),

Benue (Five to Eight) and

Kogi, which is the worst case scenario. "We have three categories of workers in Kogi. We have 40 per cent that are being paid up to date, we have 25 per cent that has not been paid between eight and 16 months and another 25 per cent that has not been paid between eight and 21 months. In all, the sectors, they have categorised the workers into three categories.

“We also have the case of Osun which is also paying in percentage, but is up to date.

Ebonyi, unilaterally, without discussion with the union tried to reduce the salaries by certain percentage and have also not made available records of utilisation of the Paris Club refund.

“We have the case of Zamfara, which is the only state that has not implemented the minimum wage and all attempt (including agreements they have signed) to get them to make available records of utilisation of those funds have failed.

The last one is, Abia which has a problem with the parastatals. On the average, other states are above board

The NLC chief went on: “As I speak to you, both Zamfara and Benue are on strike and I am aware that Kogi has issued a notice, which is in conformity with the decision we took at our last NEC meeting that any state with liability of more than three months should start an action and we will be there to support them.”

Speaking on the statement credited to the Permanent Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Power that one of the problem in the power sector was low electricity tariff, Wabba said workers will not accept any further increase in tariff.

Culled from The Nation Newspaper

http://thenationonlineng.net/nlc-names-states-not-utilising-bail-fund/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEeULJ3-DE
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by justiz5(m): 1:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
omenka:
Of course Benue must be there. I strongly doubt anything good can come of Ortom.

The man has totally lost it.

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by ecmb(m): 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2017
good move. but why can't the nlc do something about minimum wage?
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by CioAngels(f): 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2017
Governors are the problems of the states and the centre is not checking them. The governors should be cut one arm, one leg so that they will taste what the ordinary man is facing. Zampires. May they and theirs be torutured under the deities of the land. Amen.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by Demolaxzy(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
Chukazu:

is not about been best governor, its how money got misappropriated on the wrong projects

is a Nigerian disease where...
1.money accrued is different from money appropriated

2.money appropriated is different from money budgeted for

3.where money budgeted for is different from money approved.

4.money approved is different from money released

5.money released is different from money spent

6.money spent is different from money well spentundecided

nailed it.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by OmoEpe(m): 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
folly22:
I want to know the level of performance? The level of performance is what I don't know. What spectacular thing he did that other governors before hi didn't do that made him to be servicing loan he borrowed massively to do nothing spectacular. Wot he did is what am interested in

He that asketh recieveth so i will answer giving you just a few i know. Remembered like i said am not an indigine
1) massive employment under the various O schemes. No state since independence has succeeded in employing so large numbers. Forget the meagre salary. It keeps a lot out of poverty
2) no state in the SW has as much investment in physical infrastructure as Osun though it earns the least amongst them. From roads in all divisions to schools, even in rural areas. I should know believe me,when it comes to SW, i crisscross it.
3)Lagos inclusive, which state has been able to give its entire public school students uniform annually and feed them once a day like Osun before both the UN and FG adopted it
4)No state has made so much millionaire farmers like Osun except kebbi now in partnership with Lagos. Osun's started 6 years ago without Lagos or FGs money
5)Till now it has least poverty rate in SW and yet gets least allocation from FG
6)Inspite of paying 75% salary to senior civil servants yet it's been able to pay up to date.
7)Osun has lowest cost of living in the entire SW. LOWEST

Like i said am neither a citizen nor a contractor but just an impartial observer of events across SW. Please let's be fair in accessing him. Osun is really blessed to have him and history will be very kind on him
He might not be perfect, who is?, but he's an achiever per excellence. A visioner and a lover of the poor. Leave politics aside he's the best governor Osun and SW has outside of Lagos. He just needs to pay more attention to his PR because like they say, image is everything
SHALOM
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by folly22(f): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
[quote author=OmoEpe post=60656454]

He that asketh recieveth so i will answer giving you just a few i know. Remembered like i said am not an indigine
1) massive employment under the various O schemes. No state since independence has succeeded in employing so large numbers. Forget the meagre salary. It keeps a lot out of poverty
2) no state in the SW has as much investment in physical infrastructure as Osun though it earns the least amongst them. From roads in all divisions to schools, even in rural areas. I should know believe me,when it comes to SW, i crisscross it.
3)Lagos inclusive, which state has been able to give its entire public school students uniform annually and feed them once a day like Osun before both the UN and FG adopted it
4)No state has made so much millionaire farmers like Osun except kebbi now in partnership with Lagos. Osun's started 6 years ago without Lagos or FGs money
5)Till now it has least poverty rate in SW and yet gets least allocation from FG
6)Inspite of paying 75% salary to senior civil servants yet it's been able to pay up to date.
7)Osun has lowest cost of living in the entire SW. LOWEST

Like i said am neither a citizen nor a contractor but just an impartial observer of events across SW. Please let's be fair in accessing him. Osun is really blessed to have him and history will be very kind on him
He might not be perfect, who is?, but he's an achiever per excellence. A visioner and a lover of the poor. Leave politics aside he's the best governor Osun and SW has outside of Lagos. He just needs to pay more attention to his PR because like they say, image is everything
SHALOM[/quote for your information, which uniform are they giving them annually. if you dont know something, is better not to say it. The pupils buy those uniform themselves that hardly last a term probably because its made from inferior materials. Government is selling the uniform if you care to know.

secondly those schools built are not for free. Each student now pay maintenance fee of 1000 plus other levies and they will say there is free education. No free education in osun state any longer.
where are the O scheme workers today, majority of them have been used and dumped. is just political gimmicks to win second term.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by davidif: 2:39am On Sep 21, 2017
chiscodedon:
Without even seeing imo state,I would have question the credibility of this post
Imaging stupid and lazy governors, thats why I root for true federalism, it's high time they woke up,you can't sit down,waiting at the end of every month,to go share federal allocation you never worked for.they should study there states,utilize there resources and make there civil servants be up and doing to generate more revenues foe there states hence they're paying them salary

That's why I have been saying this for a while now that the reason for this mess we are in is because of allocation.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by davidif: 6:44am On Sep 21, 2017
fergie001:
Wabba has done well, it is good sometimes to call out the Governors,so that we can leave the ineptitude at the Centre and focus shocked on these 36 thieves.

Gbam!!!!! Finally, someosomeone is saying what I have tried to.tell Nigerians for years. Focus ibn the govt closest to you. All states get allocations why do the citizens hardly ask them what happened to the money.

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by davidif: 6:49am On Sep 21, 2017
aku626:
So If we keep voting different political parties into power every other election we'd always be in recession

And that's why INEC needs to change the electoral laws to allow common folks to get into politics. Nigerians need more choices than APC or PDP every election year. We are tired of the same old nonsense. Anyone who can at least garner at least 200 signatures should be able to run for office and not the political elites.

1 Like

Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by davidif: 6:55am On Sep 21, 2017
Chukazu:

what true federalism and possibly restructuring can do is to marge some of the states together. the truth most states are not economically viable.
if you marge them ,instead of having plethora of commissioners,special advisers ,special assistants ,special aids and all what not in one state;just have few ministers from one region and save loads of money on waste

Boy you are preaching for real. Twenty one fun salute for this post. Like I 've said in the past, they should cut off allocations completely. Any state or local govt that can't stand on it's own should be merged. We dont don't need 36 states or 770 plus local govt. Neither do we need 263 agencies or almost 30 ministries.
Re: NLC Names TEN States That Mis-Spent Their Bail Out Funds by fergie001: 7:50am On Sep 21, 2017
davidif:

Gbam!!!!! Finally, someosomeone is saying what I have tried to.tell Nigerians for years. Focus ibn the govt closest to you. All states get allocations why do the citizens hardly ask them what happened to the money.
Word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election 2023: Kwankwaso Says They Are In Talks With Peter Obi / Full List Of The Members-Elect Of The House Of Reps / Moshood Jimoh Sacked As Police PRO, Frank Mba Appointed As His Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.