Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) (56812 Views)

Interviewers Are Not Allowed To Look At Jacob Zuma's New 24-yr-old Wife (photo) / King Of Swaziland Renames Country Eswatini To Stop Being Confused With Swzerland / King Mswati III Of Swaziland Makes 19-year-old Virgin His 14th Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by Timbuktuo: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
That is true.... And i know as much.
But again, not everyone does it & rubs it in your face quite like the powerful in the extreme north.

Well, this is another topic. I simply responded to your first comment. grin
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by OluChessy: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
At least he had the sense to pick a legally mature girl....
Unlike some deranged motherfuckaz we know from northern Nigeria.

Modified: before the next set of idiots with twitchy fingers decide to quote me & call me an IPOB E-warrior.... Know that I am Fulani and the north is my home. That doesn't mean I should be in support of child marriage irrespective of the geo-political zone it occurs.
I simply referred to the north because the most popular case of child marriage is attributed to a northern senator.

Now,quote me & type nonsense make i end you.

Whoa!
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by tosyne2much(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2017
olaoreawofele:
I think we all need to encourage better education across the country. I once saw a message on the street of Dubai '' Eradicate poverty, educate now''. If the ME have made better progress in education, why would Northern Nigeria continue to deprive its' people quality education leading to mass illiteracy which is the main cause of early marriage and rampant poverty?.

If any part of the country is behind, the entire country is affected. A chain is as strong as its weakest link, they say. By the way, I come from the South but I appreciate you have awareness underage marriage deprives women of their potential and is a major hindrance to development. I once had a maid (20yrs) who was very bright but had no opportunity at formal education. Just when she decided to start an apprenticeship while in my place, the family married her off. Quite a pathetic case, she was robbed of her future.

You've said it all my brother

I think the issue here is that African countries, Nigeria especially still chose to be backward considering our level of education. If the "educated elites" can easily pick a child in primary school, marry her off and rob her of her future, then what do you expect the illiterates to do

I think the problem we are having is more than illiteracy, or could it be that we are not applying education the right way in our everyday life?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2017
IamLEGEND1:

Modified: before the next set of idiots with twitchy fingers decide to quote me & call me an IPOB E-warrior.... Know that I am Fulani and the north is my home. That doesn't mean I should be in support of child marriage irrespective of the geo-political zone it occurs.
I simply referred to the north because the most popular case of child marriage is attributed to a northern senator.

1 Like

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by tosyne2much(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2017
cuvox:
And he will still pick a new wife next year. I envy you bro cry
Will you also do the same when you're in the position of power? cheesy
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by midehi2(f): 9:48am On Sep 21, 2017
IamLEGEND1:

grin
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2017
olaoreawofele:
I think we all need to encourage better education across the country. I once saw a message on the street of Dubai '' Eradicate poverty, educate now''. If the ME have made better progress in education, why would Northern Nigeria continue to deprive its' people quality education leading to mass illiteracy which is the main cause of early marriage and rampant poverty?.

If any part of the country is behind, the entire country is affected. A chain is as strong as its weakest link, they say. By the way, I come from the South but I appreciate you have awareness underage marriage deprives women of their potential and is a major hindrance to development. I once had a maid (20yrs) who was very bright but had no opportunity at formal education. Just when she decided to start an apprenticeship while in my place, the family married her off. Quite a pathetic case, she was robbed of her future.
True that.
Most people prefer to tiptoe around the issue but it goes without saying that all these problems have their genesis rooted in religion.
A man on an income barely enough to keep 2 adults well-fed & clothed decides to throw reason out the window and take 4 wives instead...
15yrs later, you're getting old & weak, living on the same amount of income but with 11 more children to feed. It's sad, pathetic and more than a little embarrassing.The Father Decides to prioritize, so he sends the males to a god-awful govt school and the girls attend an Islamic school before returning in the evening to join their mothers in petty trading.

But ultimately, more and more of the traditional Hausa people are embracing western education....it's a slow process but someday they'll get there.
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Well, this is another topic. I simply responded to your first comment. grin
grin peace out, mah niggah

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 9:53am On Sep 21, 2017

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2017
OluChessy:
Whoa!
Egbon! Kilon shele?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2017
OluChessy:
Whoa!
Egbon! Kilon shele?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 9:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by Realhommie(m): 9:59am On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
But you know such a thing is very rampant in Nigeria. E.g Child molestation, young children being betrothed to sex starved men, having multiple wives, etc cheesy
Nigeria Hmmmmmmm

I hope you do read news emanating from other parts of Africa especially in the Eastern (Kenya, Uganda sometimes) and Southern (Zimbabwe mostly) African countries? Lol.. So my brother it's not just a Nigerian thing ooooo, it's almost everywhere you go in Africa and some parts of Asia too mk e no be like say na for only our continent d tin dey.

But it is well.

1 Like

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by malware: 10:02am On Sep 21, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Calm down.
Just because I have a distaste for child marriage which as difficult as it is to admit, is quite common in the rural parts of the north, doesn't mean I am some kind of hater.

I am Fulani. So calm down.
Maybe I should just modify my comment & put this up as a disclaimer so the next mumu won't disturb my life.

Who your being Fulani help?

We recently saw a thread of 18years old boy getting married to a 17year old girl in Abia. So which early marriage are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 10:06am On Sep 21, 2017
malware:

Who your being Fulani help?
We recently saw a thread of 18years old boy getting married to a 17year old girl in Abia. So which early marriage are you talking about?
Sen. Yerima.
Any other question?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by tosyne2much(m): 10:07am On Sep 21, 2017
Realhommie:
Nigeria Hmmmmmmm

I hope you do read news emanating from other parts of Africa especially in the Eastern (Kenya, Uganda sometimes) and Southern (Zimbabwe mostly) African countries? Lol.. So my brother it's not just a Nigerian thing ooooo, it's almost everywhere you go in Africa and some parts of Asia too mk e no be like say na for only our continent d tin dey.

But it is well.
Na true sha... Africa as a whole
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by Timbuktuo: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
grin peace out, mah niggah
Enjoy. grin
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by Divay22(f): 10:12am On Sep 21, 2017
Mandeyy:
Maybe he uses their virginity for purification of his throne. Africa has a long way to go. Stupid tradition! I'm even ashamed of d minister who gave his daughter's hand in marriage to a who.rish king. There must be a spiritual undertone to this inordinate desire to marry virgin maidens every year. Let him continue until he marries up to 50 or 70 wives. One thing i'm sure of: he can never beat King Solomon's record. Stupid king!!!
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
If he was to be your dad, you wouldn't mind killing him o...
Well you ain't far from the truth...
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by BlaQWolf: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2017
Divay22:
So he go dey enjoy virgin every year undecided
This is strong

What is there to enjoy about virgins?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by cuvox(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
Will you also do the same when you're in the position of power? cheesy

And the Tradition says I must marry a new wife every year?... Who am I to stand against such tradition, who am I?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by Divay22(f): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2017
BlaQWolf:

What is there to enjoy about virgins?
I don't know..
He has is own reason for doing that...
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by Divay22(f): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2017
cuvox:

And the Tradition says I must marry a new wife every year?... Who am I to stand against such tradition, who am I?
Meaning
You'll gladly accept wink

1 Like

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by cuvox(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2017
Divay22:

Meaning
You'll gladly accept wink

Based on tradition... grin grin grin
I go accept na.
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by tosyne2much(m): 10:31am On Sep 21, 2017
cuvox:

Weldone sir

2 Likes

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by delugajackson: 10:31am On Sep 21, 2017
moscobabs:
And someone will tell me there is love without money

Imagine a 19yrs old girl marries an old married man of 13?
Oga no vex o. Na 13 them write there?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by Goldfaze1: 10:43am On Sep 21, 2017
omooba969:

Be careful.
of what?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by TundeHashim(m): 10:43am On Sep 21, 2017
IamLEGEND1:

ai a pullo?? Toi?
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by 2shure: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2017
Africa always remains backward but why
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by whatmoreng: 10:55am On Sep 21, 2017
Realhommie:
I do envy him like seriously, no be small enjoyment.. To be king just dey hungry me, chaiiiiii. grin
cheesy
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by whatmoreng: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
I'm also envying him cheesy
Yes. The man is living a life that most of us fantasize about. .

1 Like

Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IVORY2009(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2017
Addicted2Women:

He just married a beautiful tight 19 year old girl for his gateman and driver

How in the hell will this 78 year old man service the engine of his 19 wives ??

I'm only 25 years old and i can proudly admit that i can't even satisfy my girlfriend in bed

then u have a lot of tutorial and work to do, before others takes over ur responsibility..
Re: Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) by IamLEGEND1: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2017
TundeHashim:
ai a pullo?? Toi?
Affirmative, boss.
Mi ifti ti Bauchi.
Mi wala wolwa Fulfulde like I used to before.
Too much time away from where they actually speak the language. grin
Ma?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Election 2020: Protests Rock New York, Portland And Other Cities / Nice, France Knife Church Attack: Three Dead, Several Hurt / Moment A Python Regurgitates Huge Monitor Lizard In Thailand(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.