Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? (30881 Views)

Upsa- Ghana, West Africa's Prettiest Public University Campus / See The Public University In Nigeria Where Electricity Runs 24/7 (photos) / Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
horpeyemmi66:
University of Ibadan, Nigeria's premier University, the first and the Best.

Greetings from Mellanby Hall, UI.

Mellaby...my usual lunch spot
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Mozenge1: 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
I Rep Ambrose Alli university, AAU no be Beans ooo
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by adajoe555: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
awillabo:
Unique Uniport

I see you
sha sch have resume
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by damar007(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
Dnt Go Too Far. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by mexynjc: 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
university of Lagos....#agara photography

Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Olalekanharoon(m): 9:43pm On Sep 23, 2017
evry1 wld mention his skul so, this post is kinda pointless
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by KennedicalEnergy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ebonyi State University
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
ChijyWills:
hello fellow nairalanders. which public university in Nigeria is the best.

mine is University of Nigeria Nsukka
say yours

University is not like primary or secondary school.

If a university is d best all depend on u.
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by hawk05(m): 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
Sabrina18:
No.
ok.. Tot u re
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nemma(m): 10:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
maskid:

ibadan was a college. UNN is the first indigenous university. i mean UNIVERSITY . ...check google
University of Ibadan was formerly University College Ibadan.. U. I. is the oldest university institution in Nigeria
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by danookisaiah: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
UJ
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by chibuikesilver0: 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
Imo State University.
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by maskid(m): 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
victorDanladi:

The same way it scraped yours toogrin
Google is your friend too.

just type the first university in Nigeria

stop fooling around and check the dates from the schools themselves.

http://www.ui.edu.ng/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Nigeria,_Nsukka

1960 and 1962 are not the same thing.
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by phillippiano(m): 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2017
maskid:

The keyword is indigenous. .... ui is the first even if it was a college or polytechnic or what have you it still remains the first while unn is the first indigenous university .... I wasn't even expecting any one to argue over this.
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by maskid(m): 11:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
phillippiano:
The keyword is indigenous. .... ui is the first even if it was a college or polytechnic or what have you it still remains the first while unn is the first indigenous university .... I wasn't even expecting any one to argue over this.

oga , ui was not a uniVERSITY. UNN Is the first university indigenous or not,

UI was made a university about 2 years after unn was made 1
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by maskid(m): 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
phillippiano:

it was a college. so if we are talking about 1st tertiary institution i will agree. but first university... it is UNN.

college and university are 2 different institutions
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by hausadreturn(m): 12:04am On Sep 24, 2017
Florblu:
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU).
iRepObaAwonUniversity.
I await the shildren of hate to come and bash my Alma Mata
Calm down. One has to be realistic.
Your alma-mater na sham
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by excel123: 12:11am On Sep 24, 2017
You and All are Invited for an International Two-Days Crusade at The Lord Chosen Church HeadQuarters,Lagos State,Nigeria

Titled:"God's Blessings For High Level"

Venue: Plot 10 Odofin Park,Church HQTR, Along Oshodi Expressway,Ijesha Bustop,Lagos State,Nigeria.

Date: 23rd-24th September,2017

Time: 8:00am Daily.

NOTE: God of Chosen can do all things,do not be left out,Especially Salvation of you Soul First,then Miracle Galore with Generational Blessing,Breaking of Age Long Yokes,Curses,Barreness,Poverty,Long Unemployement...............
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by maryam94(f): 12:54am On Sep 24, 2017
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho...Oyo state..
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Kingluqman89(m): 1:41am On Sep 24, 2017
Florblu:
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). iRepObaAwonUniversity. I await the shildren of hate to come and bash my Alma Mata
Great Ife...

1 Like

Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by sheyman45(m): 2:19am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=Narldon post=60758360][b]
Lolz..one of Dem lazy girls spotted
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by sheyman45(m): 2:20am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=Narldon post=60758360][b]
UNI-HOME

Nothing like Strike..
Lolz. One of Dem lazy girls spotted
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Solozzo(m): 3:52am On Sep 24, 2017
I expected that as educated people we should be able to give good reasons to support our choice of best public university. This helps to inform and educate our mates. Please justify your choice of uni, not just blabbing out a university name with no reasons attached. You may support your choice in terms
1. Staff strength; professors, departments
2. Areas of special research
3. Infrastructures number of libraries, e-library, Internet access
4. On campus hostel accomodation, support for students

1 Like

Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Bifrost: 6:11am On Sep 24, 2017
kelvinreality:
At bolded, do not let Children of hate to spot that error kiss undecided

The errors are so much. Not just the one in bold text.
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 24, 2017
LAUTECH
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 24, 2017
maryam94:
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomosho...Oyo state..
A graduate of Lautech or undergraduate
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by phillippiano(m): 7:11am On Sep 24, 2017
maskid:

it was a college. so if we are talking about 1st tertiary institution i will agree. but first university... it is UNN.

So university college London is not a university? ? cos it bears the same nomenclature as ui did before .
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by victorDanladi: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2017
maskid:

you actually dont have points.so go and sit down.
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by diadem10: 8:50am On Sep 24, 2017
maskid:

Wrong. College and university could mean same thing. The British calls their universities colleges btw. And for the info, UI was founded during colonial period.
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by maskid(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2017
diadem10:

Wrong. College and university could mean same thing. The British calls their universities colleges btw. And for the info, UI was founded during colonial period.

my brother, facts dont lie. just go to the following link http://www.ui.edu.ng/ and see the below sentence.....
"Until 1962 when it became a full-fledged independent University, it was a College of the University of London in a special relationship scheme"

i could give you more and more proof but i had to bring it out from the UI website itself before you start shouting tribalism.

before 1962 it was not a full-fledged university.

thank you
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by maskid(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
diadem10:

unn was also founded during the colonial period (1955) although it was after UI was founded. but it kicked off as a university in 1960.
Re: Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? by maskid(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2017
phillippiano:
So university college London is not a university? ? cos it bears the same nomenclature as ui did before .

read up the info on the school's website and wikipedia so that you can know when it became a university.
information is power

thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

400-Level UNN Student, Ejim Ijeoma, Declared Missing (Video/Photos) / Students Waiting To Register For JAMB At Night (Photo) / Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture Demotes 24 Professors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.