Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? (8254 Views)

Why Pray? / Love Thy “gay” Neighbor / Remember Now Thy Creator In The Days Of Thy Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by mabell: 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2010
@ inesQor
are there two words of faith and which one is the other one ?
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 11:01pm On Mar 06, 2010
Mabell, see I no get time for all this kain long and aimless tori. The people known as WOF have decided to name themselves that way, but the Word they preach decries the Faith they appear to subscribe to. If you are okay with it, go ahead and knock yourself out. Please close the door on your way out!
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by inedi: 11:10pm On Mar 06, 2010
there are no two word of faith, so any one talking about another word faith is a deciver
Ephes. 4:5
   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2010
inedi:

there are no two word of faith, so any one talking about another word faith is a deciver
Ephes. 4:5
   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

undecided And who was talking about two Word of Faith? If I call you a name does that mean you are living by it?
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2010
mabell:

@ inesQor
are there two words of faith and which one is the other one ?

These religious folks only use the term to hide their cowardice . Which one is wof or wofer . Have I or anyone claimed membership of any association called WOF. when these religious folks get stuck , the start using WOF as a cover. I only have my bible , if you have any inteligent thing to share , open your bible . They from my point of view lack the spirit of God . How can a Christian be throwing abuses and insults in Jesus name. It just shows how babysh they are.

2Ti 2:24
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Instead of learning they enter name calling WOF , WOFFER maybe soon WAFFERS!
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by mabell: 11:28pm On Mar 06, 2010
or NASCO WAFFERS
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 11:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
Joagbaje:

These religious folks only use the term to hide their cowardice . Which one is wof or wofer . Have I or anyone claimed membership of any association called WOF. when these religious folks get stuck , the start using WOF as a cover. I only have my bible , if you have any inteligent thing to share , open your bible . They from my point of view lack the spirit of God . How can a Christian be throwing abuses and insults in Jesus name. It just shows how babysh they are.

2Ti 2:24
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Instead of learning they enter name calling WOF , WOFFER maybe soon WAFFERS!

I wasn't talking to you initially, but since you are replying to my response to mabell, I have to tell you the truth. Did I refer to you as a WOF adherent? I don't think I needed to. So what's your fuss? As I said to mabell, you are free to believe anything you want to believe, just don't tell others that they are "asking baby questions" like you did in post #2. That is the height of pride! If na your church member, you fit tell them anything wey you want.

If you want to poison your household's water, please feel free. But if I see anyone placing lethal stuff in the public community water, I will not keep quiet. Please keep your views to your congregations.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 11:33pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Joagbaje:
I only have my bible , if you have any inteligent thing to share , open your bible . They from my point of view lack the spirit of God . How can a Christian be throwing abuses and insults in Jesus name. It just shows how babysh they are.
Please show us how babysh we are, and using your biblical acrobatics show us where God does not require us to align with his will, but rather asks us to shove our will down His throat. Go ahead, show us!
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 11:40pm On Mar 06, 2010
InesQor:

If you want to poison your household's water, please feel free. But if I see anyone placing lethal stuff in the public community water, I will not keep quiet. Please keep your views to your congregations.

what poison? Don't just throw words arround like the others. All the things , I shared are in your bible so what poison are you refering to . Deal with specifics.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 11:42pm On Mar 06, 2010
What poison? The questions below will remind you of your first four posts on this thread:

And you have some unanswered questions, Joagbaje:

Davidylan asked
Where were you when His will was coming to pass before Adam was created?

Aletheia asked
Jas 4:13-15  Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"-- yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
Who was James talking to?

Aletheia asked again
What scripture says: The best way to pray his will is to pray in tongues.

Enigma asked
Jesus taught: Thy will be done on earth and in heaven.

Does God also need your cooperation before His will is done in heaven?

And I asked
So now you can subvert God's will since you are on his level abi?

Where are the answers?
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by mabell: 11:44pm On Mar 06, 2010
InesQor:

@Joagbaje:Please show us how babysh we are, and using your biblical acrobatics show us where God does not require us to align with his will, but rather asks us to shove our will down His throat. Go ahead, show us!

@InesQoor
can you show me where exactly joagbaje said this
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 11:46pm On Mar 06, 2010
@mabell: See here,

The prayer is for babies, It is not for a born again mature man. It was taught to jewish people who were not born again. So I can say to a great extent it is not a Christian prayer.
Can you please show us where this prayer was done away with?

Using the phrase let you will be done is like saying "What will be will be" But what will be will not be until you do something about your faith.
Do you believe that God can move whether or not a man has faith? If not, how did Saul repent? How do Atheists get born again?

not only that , you are responsible to make his will come to pass in your life. The will of God does not always come to pass until you cooperate with God .
So now you are responsible for God's will?

Can you read between the lines, and should I also write it out in Spanish?
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 12:02am On Mar 07, 2010
InesQor:

What poison? The questions below will remind you of  your first four posts on this thread:

And you have some unanswered questions, Joagbaje:

Davidylan asked
Aletheia asked
Aletheia asked again
Enigma asked
And I asked
Where are the answers?
It seems to don't give details to readings . I answered the ones that made a little sense. Should I answer Davidylia where I was in genesis?  Well by the way , that only buttres my point the more . Did the will of God come to pass for Adam? His question didn't make sense. The only reason for second Adam was that the first one fell out of Gods will.
I answered altheia , the quote of James was not for the matured. Pls read my reply to him. If I see any inteligent and sincere question , I will respond .

2Ti 2:23
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by inedi: 12:04am On Mar 07, 2010
joeagbaje, any one reading your post should have understood it in a simplycity, except some one that have an altirior motive.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 12:06am On Mar 07, 2010
@Joagbaje:

LOL I have seen many unanswered intelligent questions here. You know what? I believe in careful scrutiny. If you say you believe something, you should be able to tell us WHY you believe what you believe, and support it theologically. Mediocrity or hear-say is not okay enough, alright?

You are yet to show us where the Bible indicates that we should not pray that God's will be done, except we are bumbling babies. Should we wait?

and by the way, can we stop having interjections that shed no light from the church supporters' club?  undecided undecided
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 12:08am On Mar 07, 2010
While you are it, do you also care to tell us the reason why we pray?
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by mabell: 12:40am On Mar 07, 2010
@InesQor

InesQor:

@mabell: See here,
Can you please show us where this prayer was done away with?
Do you believe that God can move whether or not a man has faith? If not, how did Saul repent? How do Atheists get born again?
So now you are responsible for God's will?
Can you read between the lines, and should I also write it out in Spanish?

the first question is for joagbaje to answer but if you want my opinion, Jesus had not died when he showed them that prayer and the holy spirit had not been given. but jesus told them that the holy spirit would lead them to all truth. mark you the church had not being born by that time, it was the holy ghost that had to teach them to pray. rigt now we pray by the power of the holy ghost. can you go before a demon possed person or a sick person and say lord may your wll be done. will God heal him?i

concerning your other question about saul, God at times does some spectacular things but He's a principled God. He has laid down rules that He himself can operate. but at times he breaks out of it like in saul's case and especially when someone is somewhere praying for the salvation of that soul
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by aletheia(m): 9:57am On Mar 07, 2010
@InesQor
The WoF crowd are programmed to see only what accords with their worldview, evening turning mental gymnastics to sustain positions that are illogical. Notice how joagbaje could not refute the facts that
1. Jesus taught his disciples to pray, "Your will be done"
2. Jesus himself---perfect and without sin, knowing the will of God, filled with the Spirit without measure, the Only Begotten Son of the Father---also prayed: "Your will be done"
In his sorry attempts he makes all sort of unscriptural suppositions and slander viz:
1. James was an immature christian; (wonder how many epistles written by Joagbaje are in the bible). This only reveals how WoF adherents like him hold the scriptures in contempt.
2. He goes on and on about lesser truths and greater truths. Again this reveals how WoF people like him treat the scriptures with disdain, displaced and relegated to an inferior position by any spurious unscriptural "revelation" received by them.

Clearly Joagbaje is no follower of Jesus of Nazareth but an adherent of old heresies resuscitated in these last days and a DECEIVER of the unwary like mabell.
We can only continue to pray that they come to repentance and sound the warning loud and clear.

Jud 1:20-25 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by viaro: 10:18am On Mar 07, 2010
Joagbaje:

viaro link=topic=408368.msg5640155#msg5640155 date=1267902443:

@Joabgaje, a few questions:

(a) what is the meaning of "only begotten" in reference to Jesus Christ?

(b) what is the meaning of "firstbegotten" in reference to Jesus Christ?

(c) do you find anyone else described as "only begotten" in the same way as Jesus is?

(d) do the terms "only begotten" and "firstbegotten" mean the same things to you?

(e) when was Jesus Christ called "the only begotten" - before or after His resurrection?

If you can answer these simple questions, then your problem will come to light. If you cannot, then perhaps your choice is to remain in your dark arguments.

Where did you read these from the Bible?

Where in the Bible did you read that?

Where in the Bible did you read such things?

Childish babyish questions as usual, Well I wouldnt mind answering to help you anyway if your questions were honest and sincere but the maggots you stored inside of you are already spilling out and giving you away.

Babyish questions or not, do please oblige me simple answers to them. I would very much like to sort out your confusion for you - perhaps that is why you don't want to answer them. WOFers often decline dealing with serious issues when they sense their game is coming to a close; and because I did not want to complicate anything for you, I thought making them simple to digest might be to your favour. So please oblige me answers to them . . . and then watch what happens to your WOF propaganda. Cheers.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by viaro: 10:25am On Mar 07, 2010
mabell:

the first question is for joagbaje to answer but if you want my opinion, Jesus had not died when he showed them that prayer and the holy spirit had not been given. but jesus told them that the holy spirit would lead them to all truth. mark you the church had not being born by that time, it was the holy ghost that had to teach them to pray. rigt now we pray by the power of the holy ghost. can you go before a demon possed person or a sick person and say lord may your wll be done. will God heal him?

Even after the death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ, Christians filled with the Holy Spirit prayed according to God's will and taught others to do the same:

1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that,
if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.

What 'spirit' will deny what is taught in Scripture and committed to the Church? Is it not "another spirit" as we were warned by the apostle (2 Cor. 11:4)?

It seems that the WOF bug has done a thorough job with you guys so that you can't reason anymore from God's Word.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 11:43am On Mar 07, 2010
Viaro, I tire for them o!
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2010
@joagbaje
if you are only begotten too like Christ, would i be wrong to call u Christ or God?
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
babaearly:

@joagbaje
if you are only begotten too like Christ, would i be wrong to call u Christ or God?

I didnt say I am only begotten. I was only correcting Altheia, that Jesus is no longer the only begotten, I joint heir with him .I am begotten of Gods word also. He was only begotten before I came on the scene, Now he is first begotten .
When he rose from the dead, I rose with him . His beign called only begotten was before his death. But after resurrection, We share thesame image and glory. I am his brother.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

It is hard truth for religious individuals
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by viaro: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2010
Joagbaje:

I didnt say I am only begotten. I was only correcting Altheia, that Jesus is no longer the only begotten, I joint heir with him .I am begotten of Gods word also. He was only begotten before I came on the scene, Now he is first begotten .
When he rose from the dead, I rose with him . His beign called only begotten was before his death. But after resurrection, We share thesame image and glory. I am his brother.

This is why I have been waiting for your answers to these questions -

[list](a) what is the meaning of "only begotten" in reference to Jesus Christ?

(c) do you find anyone else described as "only begotten" in the same way as Jesus is?

(d) do the terms "only begotten" and "firstbegotten" mean the same things to you?

(e) when was Jesus Christ called "the only begotten" - before or after His resurrection?[/list]

You have time to preach your WOF propaganda touted as 'truth' that is too much for 'religious individuals' - so why is your 'strong truth' unable to address those simple questions? Just make an attempt, if you may, so we could help solve your problem for you.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Tonyet1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2010
Mr Joe pls take it easy sha! your posts are becoming too questionable ! smiley
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2010
viaro:

This is why I have been waiting for your answers to these questions -

(e) when was Jesus Christ called "the only begotten" - before or after His resurrection?[/list]

You have time to preach your WOF propaganda touted as 'truth' that is too much for 'religious individuals' - so why is your 'strong truth' unable to address those simple questions? Just make an attempt, if you may, so we could help solve your problem for you.

Your questions are insultive to me , your post likewise.

2 Tim. 2:23-24
But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. [24] And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

If I have a honest question , I will gladly and eagerly answer. I have answered part of your question in my post to Babaearly.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Fhemmmy: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2010
Cos God is a great God and a wonderful father
If we the earthly fathers knows how to give good things to our kids, how much more the heavenly father
He has good will for us and they are protected too.
Thus why we pray like that
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by aletheia(m): 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
Joagbaje:

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. [24] And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

If I have a honest question , I will gladly and eagerly answer. I have answered part of your question in my post to Babaearly.
^^^Joagbaje walks off in a huff---pretending to be angry---seeing that he has no scriptural backing for his heresies.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by viaro: 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2010
Joagbaje:

I did not try to insult you in any way. As simple as I can put it now: please Joagbaje, answer these few questions for me on the subject of "begotten" in reference to Christ and our Christian relationships ~

Since I do not see any answers to any one of those questions in your reply to babaearly, please kindly answer the ones above. I'm eagerly waiting. Thanks.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by KunleOshob(m): 4:55pm On Mar 08, 2010
viaro:

I did not try to insult you in any way. As simple as I can put it now: please Joagbaje, answer these few questions for me on the subject of "begotten" in reference to Christ and our Christian relationships ~

Since I do not see any answers to any one of those questions in your reply to babaearly, please kindly answer the ones above. I'm eagerly waiting. Thanks.

I can see Viaro is really rearing up to tear Pastor agbaje apart grin

@joagbaje
answer the questions now or why all this evasive tatics grin don'tworry we would accept quotes from rapshodies of realities if you can not find any biblical quotes to support the heresies,
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2010
joagbaje is not a christian. He's a CEC member . . . those are two different things.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by viaro: 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
KunleOshob:

I can see Viaro is really rearing up to tear Pastor agbaje apart grin

May God have mercy on me. grin

No, by 'God' I don't mean any "deity" of the WOFers - Jeremiah 10:11 cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheist Gives $22.5million To Catholic Church / To All Nairalanders That Supported Trump On His View About Islam / The 16 Privileges Enjoyed By Muhammad Which No Other Muslim Enjoys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.