Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? (8253 Views)

Why Pray? / Love Thy “gay” Neighbor / Remember Now Thy Creator In The Days Of Thy Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by nuella2(f): 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2010
Enigma:

You are confusing yourself: if God does not change, how do you change His will then?

So is it God that changes His own will/decision ----- or is it man that changes God's will/decision?

If God wills A and man wills B ----- can man bring B to pass if God does not change His mind?

Even if God does change His mind from A to B and B happens ---- was it the man that brought B to pass or was it God Himself that brought B to pass?
God planned to do something , he concluded the matter that he even sent his prophet, the man prayed and God changed his mind, period. He(man) changed the will of God. If the man didnt pray he would have died.  He changed the will of God,,,again again,,,He (MAN) prayed and God changed his mind.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
nuella2:

God planned to do something , he concluded the matter that he even sent his prophet, the man prayed and God changed his mind, period. He(man) changed the will of God. If the man didnt pray he would have died.  He changed the will of God,,,again again,,,He (MAN) prayed and God changed his mind.

If that is your understanding, you can have it; I do not see the point of going round in circles.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by nuella2(f): 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2010
Enigma:

If that is your understanding, you can have it; I do not see the point of going round in circles.
Its God's word not my word, if am wrong show me from the bible. Your sounding like am wrong and you dont want to waste your time. Anyway it was great chatting with you. Takia.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
nuella2:

Its God's word not my word, if am wrong show me from the bible. Your sounding like am wrong and you dont want to waste your time. Anyway it was great chatting with you. Takia.

You are right that I sounded like I did not want to waste my time. The reason is simple: my answer to the point you made is in my post that you quoted as well as in an earlier post where I said that Christians worldwide believe in intercession --- but that is not the same as forcing/compelling (or even preventing) the will of God.

You may argue that interceding to change God's mind is the same as changing the will of God; even IF I grant you that, what still transpires in the end is the will of God ---- either as He always planned it or as His mind has apparently been changed.

If you can change the will of God, do you not think that it means you know better than God --- since the will of God was wrong or not good and therefore needed to be changed?

Anyway, I will not be surprised if you think you know better than God because in essence that is what adherents of the Word of faith movement really teach/believe ----- even if the less thoughtful ones do not realise it!
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by nuella2(f): 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
Enigma:

You are right that I sounded like I did not want to waste my time. The reason is simple: my answer to the point you made is in my post that you quoted as well as in an earlier post where I said that Christians worldwide believe in intercession --- but that is not the same as forcing/compelling (or even preventing) the will of God.

You may argue that interceding to change God's mind is the same as changing the will of God; even IF I grant you that, what still transpires in the end is the will of God ---- either as He always planned it (or as His mind has apparently been changed.

If you can change the will of God, do you not think that it means you know better than God --- since the will of God was wrong or not good and therefore needed to be changed?

Anyway, I will not be surprised if you think you know better than god because in essence that is what adherents of the Word of faith movement really teach/believe ----- even if the less thoughtful ones do not realise it!

Which one is know better than God matter? How can i know better than God? Or are you tempting me? My point still remain that Man can change the will of God sometimes. If i say anything that is not in the bible show me, cant you talk without associating someone with this your word of faith stuff. If someone disagree with you then is word of faith, pls dont make me laugh. Whats my business if your Jehovah witness, this is a forum get use to it.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
nuella2:

Which one is know better than God matter? How can i know better than God? Or are you tempting me? My point still remain that Man can change the will of God sometimes. If i say anything that is not in the bible show me, cant you talk without associating someone with this your word of faith stuff. If someone disagree with you then is word of faith, pls dont make me laugh. Whats my business if your Jehovah witness, this is a forum get use to it.

OK I wont refer to Word of Faith movement (if you like).

Second, already I am being dragged into going round in circles, which I wanted to avoid ---- so I will just leave you with the last question once again.

If you can make God change His original will (A) to another one (B), does it not mean:
(1) that God was wrong to have chosen His original will (A); and
(2) that you know better than God since you chose (B) which God later agreed with you is better than His own original (A)?
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by nuella2(f): 6:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
Enigma:

OK I wont refer to Word of Faith movement (if you like).

Second, already I am being dragged into gong round in circles, which I wanted to avoid ---- so I will just leave you with the last question once again.

If you can make God change His original will (A) to another one (B), does it not mean:
(1) that God was wrong to have chosen His original will (A); and
(2) that you know better than God since you chose (B) which God later agreed with you is better than His own original (A)?

No it do not mean you know better than God. If your father want to take you to uniport and you make him see you want unilag. Does it mean you know better than your father? God said lets reason together in his word. Once in the bible moses told God if you do this the Egyptians will say you could not take them to the promise land so you killed them, then God changed his mind.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
nuella2:

No it do not mean you know better than God. If your father want to take you to uniport and you make him see you want unilag. Does it mean you know better than your father? God said lets reason together in his word. Once in the bible moses told God if you do this the Egyptians will say you could not take them to the promise land so you killed them, then God changed his mind.

See the bit I've underlined ---- thus:

Which would you rather have: that which God wills for you OR that which you will for yourself?
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by nuella2(f): 6:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
Enigma:

See the bit I've underlined ---- thus:

Which would you rather have: that which God wills for you OR that which you will for yourself?

Do you agree that the will of God can be changed sometimes before you ask me which one i prefer. Do you agree? yes or no
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
Do you see now that we are going round in circles?

As I said before, I'll leave you with your own understanding, the questions I posed and the statements that I made on page 3 (which actually cryptically answer your last question).
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by nuella2(f): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
Enigma:

Do you see now that we are going round in circles?

As I said before, I'll leave you with your own understanding, the questions I posed and the statements that I made on page 3 (which actually cryptically answer your last question).
That is no answer. Is either you agree or disagree. What i understand by leaving me with my understanding, is like you want to "jump am pass".
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ Enigma

Enigma:

That is sheer nonsense! You have admitted before that you follow the teachings of Kenyon, Hagin & Copeland. We have demonstrated conclusively that these are the leaders of the Word of Faith movement. Also, we have told you that Oyakhilome simply parrots what those heretics teach/taught and bamboozle you guys with such and pretending to have some "revelation".

Finally, you have here repeated several doctrines or "understandings of the Bible" (if we may call it that) that only the Word of Faith movement and its associates or infectees hold to. The following which you have yourself stated or supported expressly are Word of Faith movement doctrine which makes you conclusively a WoFer or Word of Faith movement follower/adherent (and thus, in my personal view, a heretic):

1. Jesus was just a man who operated by faith

2. As a born-again Christian you are "god" or "God".

3. The Lord's prayer - especially thy will be done - which Jesus taught to His disciples is not for the "mature born-again" person.

The ones below you didn't say expressly but you patently refused to deny them:

4.Before He died and rose again, Jesus was basically the same as and no greater than Chris Oyakhilome, Joagbaje or any other "christian" because all of them can do any thing BUT ONLY by faith.

5. Their [i.e. WoF] current living leader (after the death of Hagin snr), the most despicable Kenneth Copeland, has gone as far as saying any man could have died to save the sin of the world. Below is something he once said and has repeated in various ways a number of times: {snipped}

As long as you subscribe to any of these five things, you are most certainly in the Word of Faith camp --- no matter how much you deny that you are. In any event, any follower/believer of Oyakhilome's doctrine is inevitably a part of the word of faith movement.

It will be of interest for you to know that pastor Chris does not believe in WOF movement , neither do I. Maybe when i see their constitution I will consider if I should, but I dont believe in associations. I believe in the word.If you are dealing with me , deal with me according to the word Wof or no Wof. The point is , If i say or teach , you should judge it by the word . I judge you teaching by the word , I dont need to tag you with a name or organisation. all pentecostals believes different things, Oyedepo wash feet, and use annointing oil, Deeper life dont do either. You dont say all pentecostal use oil because they dont. Wof members . if theres anything like that may teach what I agree with according to truth that doesnt mean we all believe thesame thing. Quote the bible to judge my post not this so called Wof whatever.I have deeper understanding than some of these so called Wof. It will be degrading for me to say I follow them.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2010
nuella2:

That is no answer. Is either you agree or disagree. What i understand by leaving me with my understanding, is like you want to "jump am pass".

Nah, I deliberately answered your question that way ----- in the hope it might make you think. Let me try another tack:

When God first asked the prophet to tell Hezekiah that he would die ----- did God know at that time that Hezekiah would plead for his life; also, did God know that He (God) would still later tell the prophet to go back and tell Hezekiah that his life was spared?

Or perhaps God could not see the future?

Perhaps God is not Omniscient ----- did He not Know that Abraham was going to plead for the people of Sodom?

If you believe that God cannot see the future, then perhaps it is easy to believe that God can get His own will wrong and then need to change it after man points out God's own error to Him!
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Enigma

1 Tim. 2:3-4
   For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; [4] Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Question; Are all men  saved? No of course why is the will of God not come to pass. Because man has a choice to agree or not. The will of God is not automatic. GOD DOESNT HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO ENFORCE THINGS ON THIS PLANET. He need human agency.!

We pray to enforce his will in our world.

1 Tim. 2:1-4
   I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; [2] For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. [3] For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; [4] Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
Joagbaje:

@ Enigma

It will be of interest for you to know that pastor Chris does not believe in WOF movement , neither do I. Maybe when i see their constitution I will consider if I should, but I dont believe in associations. I believe in the word.If you are dealing with me , deal with me according to the word Wof or no Wof. The point is , If i say or teach , you should judge it by the word . I judge you teaching by the word , I dont need to tag you with a name or organisation. all pentecostals believes different things, Oyedepo wash feet, and use annointing oil, Deeper life dont do either. You dont say all pentecostal use oil because they dont. Wof members . if theres anything like that may teach what I agree with according to truth that doesnt mean we all believe thesame thing. Quote the bible to judge my post not this so called Wof whatever.I have deeper understanding than some of these so called Wof. It will be degrading for me to say I follow them.

You are still being duplicitous!

There are certain things that only those who subscribe to WoF doctrine believe ----- which the rest of Christianity does not believe. That is the point ---- not whether Christians disagree on some things (e.g. washing of feet as the example you use). Oyakhilome certainly teaches WoF doctrine ---- I have seen him do it; and I have seen him pass off Kenyon/Hagin teachings as though they were some revelation to himself (Oyakhilome)

Contrary to your pretense above asking for me to quote where you said you followed Kenyon's teaching, here is something you wrote not too long ago:

Joagbaje:

Kenyon was in school where some people there believe in metaphysics and some funny dotrines in his days but that didnt make him one of them. I will recomend you to read any of Kenyon's book Your life will turn arround.

Let me share a testimony with you if you care;  I used to be sick of malaria almost every week , from childhood, People told me i would grow tall , that that is why i fall sick often, I consoled myself that I will be able to play basket ball in future as a tall man. But at the age of 21,I had a miracle drug called sunday sunday medicine , Every week i just take it, i lived on that drug to prevent malaria. I came in contact with a small book by E.W.Kenyon titled "Jesus The Healer" I read and read, i realised that Jesus has borne away not just my sin but all my sickness as well. I followed the instructions in the book ,  i stopped my drugs, Malaria soon hit me ;vomitting,pains, cold ,heat,weakness. Then i remember what Kenyon taught , then I began to confess "by his stripes I was healed" "by his stripes, " etc. 30 mins after every symtoms disappeared .I had 2 more attacks later that year and no more drugs despite the mosquitoes then.ever since that time no more malaria. Now 20 years after, No more malaria.  Just a small book. I had to go and pack all kenyons books in print for my library.

Dont give the devil chance in your life, belive in Gods word. Why will I deny the things that has worked for me and is working for me and for hundreds of millions of people. Edakun jare .The word works!

See, that is not merely quoting Kenyon; that is a statement of quintessential WoF doctrine. Here is a link I have given previously regarding WoF doctrine:  http://www.gotquestions.org/Word-Faith.html

cool
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 6:50pm On Mar 09, 2010
Here again, which of these do you subscribe to? Which do you disagree with? Which do you reject?

Enigma:

. . .

1. Jesus was just a man who operated by faith

2. As a born-again Christian you are "god" or "God".

3. The Lord's prayer - especially thy will be done - which Jesus taught to His disciples is not for the "mature born-again" person.

The ones below you didn't say expressly but you patently refused to deny them:

Before He died and rose again, Jesus was basically the same as and no greater than Chris Oyakhilome, Joagbaje or any other "christian" because all of them can do any thing BUT ONLY by faith.

Their [i.e. WoF] current living leader (after the death of Hagin snr), the most despicable Kenneth Copeland, has gone as far as saying any man could have died to save the sin of the world. Below is something he once said and has repeated in various ways a number of times: {snipped}

As long as you subscribe to any of these five things, you are most certainly in the Word of Faith camp --- no matter how much you deny that you are. In any event, any follower/believer of Oyakhilome's doctrine is inevitably a part of the word of faith movement.

PS There are more that I will ask similarly after you deal with these.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Enigma
I can't give you straight answers to these things. It could be misunderstood . Paul didn't teach all he knew either. Some answer will require so much explanations.
1.Did Jesus come as a man ? Yes , he required faith and the holyghost to acomplished all he did , yes.
3.I am not God
4.I don't agree with you because Jesus did not come from adam , he had no sin . He was different from every man.
5. I don't Agree with your no 5 either , maybe you just exergerated what was said.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Joagbaje

Well, as you said you are not giving straight answers and I am not surprised. Also instructive is your manner of answering whether you are "god" or "God".

Anyway, I think I have already done enough of pestering today so I'll leave you to "think on these things".
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
Enigma:

The teaching of pastor Chris is far far deeper than all these people you are calling.So there is no point making reference to word of fAith movement. Of course there are some common grounds. I don't want to know your denomination, I want to judge you by your words and the word of God.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 7:36pm On Mar 09, 2010
Joagbaje:

The teaching of pastor Chris is far far deeper than all these people you are calling.So there is no point making reference to word of fAith movement. Of course there are some common grounds. I don't want to know your denomination, I want to judge you by your words and the word of God.

The same way I judge Oyakhilome by the heresies that he teaches/preaches!

And in your case, even if I don't mention Oyakhilome or WoF most of what I have seen you express on this board are either erroneous, heterodox and heretical or just misinformed. Only, I know the source and origin of what you spout ----- you do not deny that they are from Oyakhilome; and I know where Oyakhilome gets his own heresies from --- it is from the Word of Faith movement. I have heard him ---- and he has never said anything that I could not trace where he got it from. So he is not saying anything "deep"; Oyakhilome's teaching that you consider "deep", "deeper", or "deepest", I reckon I am far more likely than not to call heresy.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Joagbaje: CEC and Pastor Oyakhilome aside, can you explain this quote of yours in post #109 on this thread, with the adequate backing of scriptural references?

[size=16pt]The will of God is not automatic. GOD DOESNT HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO ENFORCE THINGS ON THIS PLANET. He need human agency.![/size]

Also, please answer also the simple question I am posing to nuella2 below. Thanks.

@Nuella2: [size=16pt]Do you believe that there are things that no matter your level of faith, understanding, revelation or anything, God will do and there's nothing you can do about it?[/size]
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by ogajim(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2010
Joagbaje:

@Enigma

1 Tim. 2:3-4
   For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; [4] Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Question; Are all men  saved? No of course why is the will of God not come to pass. Because man has a choice to agree or not. The will of God is not automatic. GOD DOESNT HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO ENFORCE THINGS ON THIS PLANET. He need human agency.!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
cry cry cry cry cry

We pray to enforce his will in our world.

Dude actually went this far to say the CREATOR of HEAVEN and Earth has no AUTHORITY in this World?

May God forgive you for this fallacy: So just because you allowed a kid to occupy a room in your house means you have ceded control to him/her?

As always, we expect Joagbage to take a time out and maybe beat it out of this thread, once cornered, these guys either use their other aliases or take some time off wink
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Enigma(m): 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
InesQor:

@Joagbaje: CEC and Pastor Oyakhilome aside, can you explain this quote of yours in post #109 on this thread, with the adequate backing of scriptural references?

[size=16pt]
The will of God is not automatic. GOD DOESNT HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO ENFORCE THINGS ON THIS PLANET. He need human agency.!
[/size]

I'm sure this is one of the "far far deeper" teachings --- but see one of the earlier sources of the teaching by WoF head honcho Kenneth Copeland
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2010
Joagbaje:

yeah . . . far far deeper in heresy. grin
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 8:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
Enigma:

[/font][/size]

I'm sure this is one of the "far far deeper" teachings --- but see one of the earlier sources of the teaching by WoF head honcho Kenneth Copeland

Kai! Kenneth Copeland Says God Is Banned From The Earth Unless The Church Allows Him!?

That's sick!!!

And I recall when I used to be a partner of KCM Ministries. . . almost ten years ago. I didn't know I was partially supporting the spread of spiritual diseases. Wow!!!
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 6:15am On Mar 10, 2010
@Davidylan

davidylan:

yeah . . . far far deeper in heresy. grin

That is why I said some things cant be said on this forum because ofthe different level of ignorance understanding of individuals here. Dont ask a question that you are not ready to hear the answer, Dont ask a question to criticise. If there is something you are not clear about, ask for explanations. Dont just criticise. You should respond by the word of God. If your response is just attack and name calling, it shows you are empty on the inside. Many of you are quoting from anti faith anti church, anti miracle websites. why dont you ask yourself ,these websites you are visiting set out to tear men of God apart, Do they have the holy spirit, miracles and the miraculous as evidence. They dont even understand faith. If you condemn or criticise something, you should have alternative or substitute. You attack truth in the word of God that you dont understand. What do you have to give.
Mark you ,the truth has always been called heresy by ignorant people. The teachings of Jesus were hard in his generation, The Teachings of Paul was harder, they were called heresy by people who cant prove it.

Acts 24:13-14
Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. [14] But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 6:22am On Mar 10, 2010
InesQor:

[size=15pt]The will of God is not automatic. GOD DOESNT HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO ENFORCE THINGS ON THIS PLANET. He need human agency.![/size]

Also, please answer also the simple question I am posing to nuella2 below. Thanks.

@Nuella2: [size=16pt]Do you believe that there are things that no matter your level of faith, understanding, revelation or anything, God will do and there's nothing you can do about it?[/size]

Joagbaje, should I expect answer to my 2 questions? If you won't answer, please let me know so you won't keep me waiting. Thanks.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 6:34am On Mar 10, 2010
@QInesor

QInesor:

Kai! Kenneth Copeland Says God Is Banned From The Earth Unless The Church Allows Him!?

That's sick!!!

And I recall when I used to be a partner of KCM Ministries. . . almost ten years ago. I didn't know I was partially supporting the spread of spiritual diseases. Wow!!!

Why did you backslide brother, So what do you believe now
Look , This is simple even though I may not agree to the extreme launguage he used. Noobody can ban God . But the Issue is ,God is a just God, and there are laws he has set in the universe. He himself is bound by those laws and has to submit his omnipotence to the rules he has set.

Psalm 115:16
   The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

It is man that has legal right to function on this planet . Spirits are not allowed. God is spirit, demons are spirits, man is spirit. But a spirit withoun legal human body is illegal allien on this planet. For a spirt to function here , they need a human body, that is why demons ,who have lost their bodies need a body to enter desperately. it is either a spirit gets abody to enter or he can infuece a man that has body to carry out  his purpose. God will not come down to the earth to do things. It will be illegal. He would be braking rules. Why didnt God just kill satan, why does he allow temptations and other things. Because there are rules!
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 6:49am On Mar 10, 2010
InesQor:

can you explain this quote of yours in post #109 on this thread, with the adequate backing of scriptural references?

The will of God is not automatic. GOD DOESNT HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO ENFORCE THINGS ON THIS PLANET. He need human agency.!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Nuella2: Do you believe that there are things that no matter your level of faith, understanding, revelation or anything, God will do and there's nothing you can do about it?

For your second question , Yes ,there are things God will do beyond our faith because he is God, But personaly I feel these still require our cooperations especially in the area of intercession. If God in his ominipotence will Just do anything, Why cant he just get the arabians saved, why would he need us to preach?. But sometimes he allows such miracles to take place, like the story of Saul because some people are praying. That is why he always call for intercessors. There are some evil God would have averted but he needs a man to pray about it. But of a truth, there are things that happens in lives of people ,beyond their faith. I have been in programmes where someone get healed without even expecting it, someone even once got healed while he was making mockery of miracles.
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by InesQor(m): 6:52am On Mar 10, 2010
First of all, I decided to be a partner of KCM, and then I decided to stop. It's not about backsliding because I still support the work of God in other ministries.

Joagbaje, see, Enigma and co will keep calling you WOF as long as you keep saying these things, because these are the things preached by WOF. You may say you are not WOF, but you say EXACTLY the same thing they say, which the rest of the Christian body does not agree with:

Please provide Biblical references for these claims.

God is a just God, and there are laws he has set in the universe. He himself is bound by those laws and has to [b]submit his omnipotence to the rules he has set.[/b]

It is man that has legal right to function on this planet . Spirits are not allowed. God is spirit, demons are spirits, man is spirit.
Can you see your self-contradiction in the above claim? (outlined in green?) man is spirit but spirits are not allowed to function on earth?

God will not come down to the earth to do things. It will be illegal. He would be braking rules.
Foul! God came down to earth in Noah's day, in Abraham's day, in Joshua's day, and there is no law that prevents him from doing that again AT ANY TIME HE PLEASES. He was not breaking rules when he said "Should I not tell Abraham how I intend to destroy Sodom & Gomorrah?", no he wasn't breaking rules. He could have decided not to tell Abraham, and destroyed the city, but he told him so that Abraham will set an example of intercession for us.

Why didnt God just kill satan, why does he allow temptations and other things. Because there are rules!
Kai! What is this? God has already reserved the hell-fire for Satan. It's like saying someone has been convicted in the court and the court police are leading the murderer to the electric chair, and Joagbaje is asking, why not shoot the guy down immediately? Because it seems like a long time before the murderer gets to the electric chair, does not mean he won't get there. It's with YOU, a human being, that it seems its taking long.

Finally, tell me, Joagbaje, what you understand by the verse below, in respect of God's Will and what he can do on earth without anybody's interference or "authority":

[size=14pt]Exo 3:14  And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you![/size]
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by viaro: 9:30am On Mar 10, 2010
Joagbaje:

Noobody can ban God . But the Issue is ,God is a just God, and there are laws he has set in the universe. He himself is bound by those laws and has to submit his omnipotence to the rules he has set.

I just cannot imagine the ::[bleep]:: behind such statements! undecided
Re: Why Pray - ”Let Thy Will Be Done”? by Joagbaje(m): 10:01am On Mar 10, 2010
See, Joagbaje, Enigma and co will keep calling you WOF as long as you keep saying these things, because these are the things preached by WOF. You may say you are not WOF, but you say EXACTLY the same thing they say, which the rest of the Christian body does not agree with:

But it is not an issue with me if you tag me any name, It is just for you to know it is escapisim from biblical discussion.
You are wrong to say the rest of christian body does not agree . It only few ignorant folks that are being used by the enemy to attack the mesage of faith ,that is required to perfect the church in their authority against the devil.

Please provide Biblical references for these claims.

God is a just God, and there are laws he has set in the universe. He himself is bound by those laws and has to submit his omnipotence to the rules he has set.

It is man that has legal right to function on this planet . Spirits are not allowed. God is spirit, demons are spirits, man is spirit.
Can you see your self-contradiction in the above claim? (outlined in green?) man is spirit but spirits are not allowed to function on earth?

It  not a contradiction if I say spirits are illegal on this planet and man is a spirit. That is the reason God put man in the human body to have a legal right to function, if a man loses his body , he is out of this plane. If God must function here, he must require a physical body too. but certainly not the heavenly body.

Foul! God came down to earth in Noah's day, in Abraham's day, in Joshua's day, and there is no law that prevents him from doing that again AT ANY TIME HE PLEASES. He was not breaking rules when he said "Should I not tell Abraham how I intend to destroy Sodom & Gomorrah?", no he wasn't breaking rules. He could have decided not to tell Abraham, and destroyed the city, but he told him so that Abraham will set an example of intercession for us.
Beautiful, He told Abraham because he needed a man to intercede. why ? it is not his will for them to perish but because there are rules because in the spirit realm , iniquities are measured until the cup of iniquity isa full, judgement has to take place, not because God loved it but there are rules and accordidng to rules they were to die but God needed a man to intercede and bring his will to pass but Abraham didnt do it well, so they died.Look at the language God used.

Genesis 18:20-21
    And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; [21] I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

Does this sound like the ominiscience of God? he didnt know? does he need to find out? Why he was relating according to spiritual rule and understanding of man. We should not defend what we dont know, There are rules. He didnt come as God.
He came down in human body not in his glory, he appeared to Moses also . He may appear in your dream,but he doesnt come in heavenly glory, his appearance has to be in  a way human brain can accept.

Exodus 33:20
    And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

You need to know also, that certain things God allowed or did under certain dispensation are not allowed again under new dispensation. Now he has given us his word , to live by faith. The rich man asked Abraham to send Lazarus from the dead to go back and appear to his wicked brothers so as to warn them, If they see a dead man ,they will believe, God could have done this in his omnipotence, but he will not, he has given us his word to accept, he wont coerce us into his will. Abraham replied that " they have the scriptures ,let them hear it" He poited them to the word. God once permitted Cain to Marry his sister. He permitted, lot to sleep with his daughters( I meant he could have preventted it.)  But he made a strict law against such later. He is still thesame God. He does not change but his dealings with man change from time to time according to the message or knowledge he has given in each age.

I asked if God will just do anything he likes why wont he just kill satan and get people saved and your response was :
Kai! What is this? God has already reserved the hell-fire for Satan. It's like saying someone has been convicted in the court and the court police are leading the murderer to the electric chair, and Joagbaje is asking, why not shoot the guy down immediately? Because it seems like a long time before the murderer gets to the electric chair, does not mean he won't get there. It's with YOU, a human being, that it seems its taking long.

Satan has not been judged or covicted, so how many years are we going to wait, What of the billions of people that are being dammed to everlasting torment and many suffering today because of satanic activities on his way to gas chamber. The good God will only say " Dont worry everybody, satan will be judged soon" or executed soon . No it doesnt sound righteous of him , he does not want any man to perish. He not the one running affairs here. That is why he has given us his word to navigate our way into his will. He can not eliminate the devil for man's freedom, he has to do things legally, He is a God of justice, and there are rules

Finally, tell me, Joagbaje, what you understand by the verse below, in respect of God's Will and what he can do on earth without anybody's interference or "authority":

[size=14pt]Exo 3:14  And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you![/size]

He is almighty, He can do anything but he wont do anything, because there are rules. The just shall live by faith.
  He had decreed by Jeremiah that Israel will spend 70 years in captivity. 70 years came and pass they were still there , untill Daniel read the prophecy of jeremiah and he began to pray, God always need a man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 16 Privileges Enjoyed By Muhammad Which No Other Muslim Enjoys / Atheist Gives $22.5million To Catholic Church / To All Nairalanders That Supported Trump On His View About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.