Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,327 members, 7,829,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS (28536 Views)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Returns Home 1 Month After His House Was Burnt (Photos, Video) / Police Declare Ifeanyi Ejiofor Wanted! (Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Wanted By Police) / Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Speaks To BBC World On Situation On Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS by chngebeginwthme: 9:08am On Oct 05, 2017
eagleu:
Lawyers of conscience?
I'm sure they have never heard of democracy, human rights, and equity.

So the bold gives you the power to run a parallel Government? Did the bold give you power to have your own secret service and parade them?
Re: FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS by chngebeginwthme: 9:15am On Oct 05, 2017
iLoveConductor4:

Buhari the goatfucking headslamming illiterate is a vagabond terrorist cheesy

Despite the nonsense you type up there, Buhari is better than your entire generation..
Re: FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS by Elbowroom: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
gidgiddy:

Military roadblocks are illegal in a non combatant area. There has to be a reason for setting up Military roadblocks and it must include the fact that there is violence in the area. The military is not mandated by the constitution to be a crime prevention outfit. There was no violence in Abia state before the Military came and most of the roadblocks they set up are illegal.

You quoted the Geneva convention, were BSS wearing Army uniforms? They were wearing black clothing and berets. Is it against the law for a civilian to wear black clothing? No. Is it against the law for a civilian to wear berets? No. So what is the problem? They undertook parades and saluted each other? Who didnt undertake parades and salute at assembly ground in primary or secondary school? Is it against the law for civilians to conduct parades? No.

If the government now decides to invade the place because they think that BSS might one day arm themselves then the government is at fault. The law does not act on prediction, it acts on actions. The government should not have acted unless they had credible information that BSS was getting armed or had already got armed. If the government starts using the military to raid people based on mere assumption or speculation then there is nothing stopping them picking any of us up tomorow on the assumption that we might one day take up arms and become armed robbers due to the harsh economy.

As for Nnamdi Kanu and his speeches, he has the right of freedom of speech and expression. There is a difference between what a man says and what he does. Speech or hate speech cannot kill anybody or destroy property, it is actions that do that. If all Nnamdi Kanu has done is talk but has not backed it up with action, then you must let him be. The law is interested in actions, not mere words. If there is a statement made by Nnamdi Kanu that the government thinks is incitement, the government should charge him to court, not send the military after him.

I think when the dust over this operation Python dance has settled, the government and the Nigerian Army will be facing multiple charges of gross human rights abuse and unlawful murder

Speech or hate speech cannot kill? U should ask Rwandans

I give up if all what u could come up are denials about the activities of Ipob

U Also said armies are only used for wars?..
Lol

Guy or girl, I give up

I can't continue to stress my royal fingers to Reply
Re: FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS by Elbowroom: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2017
Daboomb:

THANK YOU FOR THE SUMMARY.
The bolded is why l think all these Igbos are not being HONEST to themselves.
Thay are acting as if all the above never happened and the Govt in just persecuting Nnamdi Kanu.

He should just consider himself lucky that this did not happen under OBJ and that Buhari ha snot been enjoying good health (after the gas poisoning event from his enemies) of recent otherwise, Kanu would have been dead and forgotten, a long time ago.

Don't mind them

Let them keep living in denial
Re: FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS by prevailer247(f): 11:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
DJperdurabo:

The folks I mentioned NEVER ran away from the enemy...
runing from de enemy is quite diff from runing from an attack. NK's home was invaded by men in arm ready to kill (you know the story) am certain not even gandhi would stand such, it is not a proof of bravery infact its outright stupidity its not a sacrifice because there is no bargain. I honestly dont think kanu saying he is not afraid to die applies to this scenerio: he knows he could be snipped out yet he held rallies in open unsecured places not in bullet proof cars, he refused to stay indoors just as his bail conditions demanded, he won the government on three different occassions in court up till today they are yet to prove him guilty of any crime. All these to me counts as bravery. Everything you said about an ideology is true and i see them in de man. as for now we cant tell for sure if he has gone underground never to come up but even if he never shows up that is if he's still alive, no problem.
Re: FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS by prevailer247(f): 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
DJperdurabo:

The folks I mentioned NEVER ran away from the enemy...
if Kanu decides to stay mute forever i will just assume he has been broken. Everyone has a breaking point. And about kanu going about his struggle with the wrong approach, am not among those who do nothing but wastes no time in telling another person how awfully wrong what he's doing is, i must confess that i don't like how the man talks but does that permit me to condemn his approach? since we all had the right approach all these while why haven't we done anything?
Re: FG Should Arrest Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer - LAWCONS by OGO32(m): 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamu Mohammed, IGP Held Hostage By Jubilant Policemen / Dokubo - Underage Marriage Our Right As Muslims / Photo Of Governor Fashola When He Was A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.