Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj (70105 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji Is Breathtaking In New Makeup Photos / Genevieve Nnaji Is Aging? (Picture) / Genevieve Nnaji Is A Single Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by smartdoe(f): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
Source: Stella Dimoko Korkus - Encomium Weekly

You were spotted secretly and publicly at different places with Genevieve Nnaji and we heard you both are in some kind of relationship. Is this true?
D’Banj “Yes, yes, yes. We have been trying to keep this quiet but yes, I am dating Genevieve Nnaji.

Okay. We heard you recently featured her in your music video, ‘Fall in Love.’ Is this a publicity stunt or is it a real relationship?
D'Banj "This is all so funny because beyond the personal feelings I have for Genevieve, on the business side, she is the only one who represented what we were looking for to shoot the video. She represents Africa. She represents the African Queen. She is the biggest and was even profiled on the Oprah Winfrey Show. So it was a mixed feeling for me. She was the perfect person to use for the song ‘Fall in Love’. She even was my perception of someone you would want to fall in love with and have in your life. I believe the average African man wherever you are, if you want to think of whom you would want to fall in love with, if you close your eyes and take a deep breath, it’s Genevieve that will come to mind. So business-wise, she represented everything we were looking for to make the video."

You must have been looking at her whilst you were singing. Were you really telling her your feelings?
D'Banj "I am in love with Genevieve. It’s been long I felt this way about anyone. I don’t know what other words to use to qualify my feelings. But when you see the video, you will know that it’s not just a video, it was me talking to my girl for real.

So is this a marriage-headed relationship?
D'Banj "Like I just told you, Genevieve is my girlfriend. In fact, I don’t like using that word girlfriend. She’s my baby, she’s my every thing and I love her. We are both very mature and also very private. We would like to take it one step at a time right now and would appreciate if people will respect our need for privacy at this time.

When the news of this relationship hits the streets, we are sure you both know what will happen next. Are you ready for this?
D'Banj "Well, what can I say? Like I said, Genevieve is the biggest African star that I know and I am in the public eye, so it is to be expected. But I personally do not care about any news that wants to come out. I am proud of whom I am with. When I met Genevieve I knew what I wanted and I went after it and I am still with what I want and she’s the one I want. Right now the only woman in my life is Genevieve and she knows that. We want to be together and we don’t want to hide it any longer. I want to be able to take her out, walk into anywhere with her and not have to hide. I’ve found my kokolet, my woman. Please pray for us."

who would have thought, I think they are cute together
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by Demdem(m): 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
i dey waiti waiti and looku looku. Time will tell. Wish both the best if its really true.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by r231(m): 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
hmmmmm

oh well
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by hauler: 4:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
Waiting for u know who to show up, angry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by nellaluv(f): 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
Is this 4 real shocked shocked shocked if it is, then i'm so disappointed in Gene. I tot she was a high-profile serious minded babe angry angry , d'banj of all the eligible bachelors, me thinks she's ready to have another child out of wedlock.
Btw d'banj's interview sounds like he made a bet with d boys to see if he can get into her pants, looks like he succeeded, lol. Lookin' 4ward to a messey and controversial breakup cool

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by Demdem(m): 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2010
nellaluv:

Is this 4 real shocked shocked shocked if it is, then i'm so disappointed in Gene. I tot she was a high-profile serious minded babe angry angry , d'banj of all the eligible bachelors, me thinks she's ready to have another child out of wedlock.
Btw d'banj's interview sounds like he made a bet with d boys to see if he can get into her pants, looks like he succeeded, lol. Lookin' 4ward to a messey and controversial breakup cool

U mean to say the Kokomaster is one unserious asshole right
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
wow am shock
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by dkingsgirl(f): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
Sounds true, i just hope he doesn't hurt my Girl
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by nellaluv(f): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2010
Demdem: U mean to say the Kokomaster is one unserious asshole right
u said it bro cool tongue
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by stephen2(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
WOW,
AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR GENE AND D'BANJ,A NICE COMBINATION THOUGH,AND I AM PRETTY SURE ENEMIES WILL START BACKBITTING NOW,COS MORE THAN A MILLION AND ONE GIRLS TOT D'BANJ WILL GET MARRIED TO EM SOME DAY,BUT I GUESS THEIR GUESS IS A GOOD AS DEAD, LMAO.

ONCE AGAIN,CONGRATS GENE AND D'BANJ,I WISH YOU GUYS THE BEST!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by chibaby5(f): 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
shocked is ds recent or old newz?? undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by freecocoa(f): 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2010
Am i reading dis in a dream or is it 4 real? cos if it is,am infact don;t know wat to say,i just don;t believe genny can be dis careless.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by smartdoe(f): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
chi-baby:

shocked is ds recent or old newz?? undecided

This is recent, its all over naija gossip blog and you know stella no dey carry fake gist.
it was from the horse's (D'banj)mouth himself
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by jeffoski(m): 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
EEEEEEWWWOOOOOOO wetin be dis is dis love or another home video script.i pray that they get married fast else I sorry for Genevieve becos if it doesnt workout Dbanj rep will boost and Genevieve own go drop big time.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
Some serious gist here o.
I can of think Genevieve is too old for Dbanj(not age wise o), but wetin concern me.
I was really hoping the Funke Akindele gist was true, it sounds much better than Dbanj and Genevieve. Dbanj has jumped o
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by shilling(f): 8:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
They make a cute couple, but ewwww, what in God's name is Genevieve doing with D'Banj? I have to say . . . I'm disappointed.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by tayoast(m): 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
dkingsgirl:

Sounds true, i just hope he doesn't hurt my Girl

Lets hope he won't.

shilling:

They make a cute couple, but ewwww, what in God's name is Genevieve doing with D'Banj? I have to say . . . I'm disappointed.

why??
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by sjeezy8: 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
aysometin:

Some serious gist here o.
I can of think Genevieve is too old for Dbanj(not age wise o), but wetin concern me.
I was really hoping the Funke Akindele gist was true, it sounds much better than Dbanj and Genevieve. Dbanj has jumped o

are you MAHHHD!?? Which funke akindele iayama. lipsrsealed

I expect more from Gen because DBANJ IS A SMALL BOY and I also expect more from dbanj GEN NO FINE LIKE THAT! but w.e KOKOMASTER GBABE
No one really knows them behind doors to pass judgement. tho
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by platinumnk(f): 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
The guy is using her for bragging rights undecided

He seem more intent on her stature than the actual person . . sigh . . .Nigerians lipsrsealed
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by whiteroses(f): 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
freecocoa:

Am i reading dis in a dream or is it 4 real? cos if it is,am infact don;t know wat to say,i just don;t believe genny can be dis careless.
well the mohit family was at 02 arena last year and i met dbanj at the after party  shocked i swear he was killing me with sexiness, whoever he toasts will not turn him down not even her royal sexiness genevieve, wande was also a heartbreaker one girl started crying. dont underestimate this boys, they are not low scums cos they speak pidgin and smoke weed but seriously dbanj is kl. who attended lord of the ribs? banky W stole my heart, the main basket mouth dint even move me lol
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by semid4lyfe(m): 11:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
Na wa o. . . see as Dbanj dey trip for Genny, lol grin cheesy
Anyway, I thought Genny was on the level of dating billionaire politicians like Atiku and not small boys like Dbanj, abi nah? Me no dey believe dis story until riversman confirms it from his a^nt o tongue cheesy wink
Btw, where is naliakar? I thought she'll be the 1st to post a reply on this thread wink wink

lwkmd!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by TOPE20001(f): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2010
the article reeks of BS undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by tayoast(m): 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
sth tells me those two r involved for 'commercial' reasons

It can do Genny's musical career some favour. abi??
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by Dulcet44: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
I AM REALLY HOPING THIS IS A JOKE!!!!! Genevieve? I am totally disappointed, dont get me wrong, they look SUPERB together but it aint all 'bout tht, i mean I thought shes a straight minded individual like omotola (married to a pilot). Why did she stoop so low to date a man-LovePeddler!!!!, gosh i'm so disappointed (like shes ma relative or something lol). If he's what she wants then whtelse can one do, wish 'em both the best (#notkool)  undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by Baro(m): 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2010
Publicity stunt
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by MissyB1(m): 11:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
This can't be True. Gene Just can't stoop so Low. embarassed
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by mamagee3(f): 12:43am On Mar 10, 2010
D'banj has popped another balloon to gain attention all to himself
Since when did Genevieve stoop soo low as to date D'banj of all people. grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by damola1: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2010
what's all this comment crap rubbish, crap comment rubbish, who be gene gann , hisses,

Ha!!!! Dbanj baba, why now, why now, u don fall my hand, For fine boy, for money, for swagga u dey, I expect say na somebody like rihanna u go dey chop now, which one be gene?, who be gene, dat old skool mama, chei, dbanj, no let all this portable tiny things maga u oh,

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how now?, dbanj, u don fall boys hand, but na hin life, hissess, ooooooooooooooo
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by 0hsisi: 12:46am On Mar 10, 2010
Isn't it wrong for a grown woman to date a minor?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by chiogo(f): 12:48am On Mar 10, 2010
looool @ minor, isn't he in his late 20's? he's not that young jare.

But eww, D'banj. lipsrsealed
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by Pweety4me(f): 12:51am On Mar 10, 2010
@Op o paleeez!sounds so unlike my hubby try anotha stunt "The media". . . tongue
Re: Genevieve Nnaji Is My Girlfriend; She's My Everything" - D'banj by THEAMAKA(f): 1:21am On Mar 10, 2010
I'M SOOOOOOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED IN GENE IF THIS IS TRUE!!!  angry angry angry angry angry angry
she would be better off having an affair with with Majid Michel (as the rumor was flying) even though he is a married man, than that SH** CALLED D'BANJ!!
shouldn't she have learned the first time?
rukky sanda? mercy johnson? ini edo? and all the countless other girls that he has just breezed through?
the guy is a koko master for crying out loud.
PLEASE SAY THIS IS NOT TRUE, PLEASE!!!!!!
  cry cry cry cry cry cry

damola1:

what's all this comment crap rubbish, crap comment rubbish,  who be gene gann ,  hisses,

Ha!!!! Dbanj baba,  why now,  why now,  u don fall my hand, For fine boy, for money, for swagga u dey,  I expect say na somebody like rihanna u go dey chop now,  which one be gene?,  who be gene, dat old skool mama,  chei,  dbanj,  no let all this portable tiny things maga u oh,

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,  how now?,  dbanj,  u don fall boys hand,  but na hin life,  hissess,  ooooooooooooooo
OH PUH-LEASE!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Welcomes Twins? Fans Congratulate Actress (Photos) / Throwback To When Wizkid Bowed For Psquare After Seeing Their Award Collection / Odunlade Adekola And Teni Fights Dirty In New Movie (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.