Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

$26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers (23804 Views)

IMF: Nigeria To Lose Over $26 Billion From Oil Exports / Reno Omokri: Blame Davido For $26 Billion NNPC Corruption Scam / Missing $26 Billion: APC Has Plunged Nigeria Into Worst Pit Of Corruption - Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Saintp(m): 9:41am On Oct 11, 2017
EruditorII:

I am not doubting he had some authority or backing but I doubt it came from PMB himself. Maybe PMBs team A.K.A Cabal but from PMB? It does not sit well with me.

There is an article that said Baru tried to seek Yemi Osinbajo's approval for those NNPC reappointments and the VP told him to go back to Kachikwu to get his input and backing. Baru did not do it. So I don't doubt your argument at all - it just makes me cringe to think PMB would mess up this bad.

If PMB is not aware of this bullshit, then what is Baru still doing in NNPC? You guys should stop making excuses for PMB, it portrays him as very weak or clueless.

3 Likes

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Johnayoola(m): 9:46am On Oct 11, 2017
truth is they 're all guilty here
kachikwu- for crying wolf where there's non
baru -for not following due process (not submitting those document to the acting president as of then)
pmb- for signing those document after transferring power to the then acting president
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by capatainrambo: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2017
Esseite:
Defending buhari is a full time job... now i know why most go into default(insult)... most times you are short of words.
malcomX comes to mind.
me and the guy was talking jejely o normal politics talk

wen he went blank, kanu matter and ipob con become subject for debate. he started calling me ipob grin

lol

3 Likes

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by GeeString: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2017
abescom:
The fact that even you couldn't single out a single viable option tells it all.

The fact you cannot even state that Buhari was Nigeria's best candidate also shows how hypocritical you are.

2 Likes

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by SalamRushdie: 9:56am On Oct 11, 2017
Keneking:
South launches 6 missiles against North.. Let's see whether they can smoke it..

North (3)
South (1)

We must not tag everything as North Vs South please
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by VERDA: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Where is your sense if you keep lying 26 billion is missing or stolen when that is neither the case. when will you people leave shameless tribalism and hate like cownu left you guys.

What is it with people like you and assuming everybody that criticises the government is Igbo or even a Kanu supporter for that matter, fair minded people know the issue is not so much about missing money but whether or not the Baru guy followed due process in his dealings including appointments. Instead of facing issues raised ur throwing insults around as if ur being paid. This country can hardly move forward if you cannot criticise ur own when he or she is wrong.

3 Likes

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Johnayoola(m): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2017
VERDA:

What is it with people like you and assuming everybody that criticises the government is Igbo or even a Kanu supporter for that matter, fair minded people know the issue is not so much about missing money but whether or not the Baru guy followed due process in his dealings including appointments. Instead of facing issues raised ur throwing insults around as if ur being paid. This country can hardly move forward if you cannot criticise ur own when he or she is wrong.
word

1 Like

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Pojomojo: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2017
THis contry i sina big mess
MaziOmenuko:
And most importantly, how did Baru get presidential approval from London when the president as at the time approval was given was Prof Osinbajo?

1 Like

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Reference(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2017
Johnayoola:
truth is they 're all guilty here
kachikwu- for crying wolf where there's non
baru -for not following due process (not submitting those document to the acting president as of then)
pmb- for signing those document after transferring power to the then acting president

And the thread that runs through all of them is inordinate interests because these are all deliberate acts. The three of them know exactly what they are doing. There are no pretenses. Kachikwu's people must have lost out on perks, positions and privileges. The contracts and jobs have gone to the President's men.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by TheFreeOne: 10:46am On Oct 11, 2017
” Due process is not just the letter of the law. It is also about the spirit of the law. People who have nothing to hide, welcome the opportunity to share information with relevant stakeholders. As they say, transparency is the best deodorant.”
A direct jab at Buhari and his monkey business aka corruption fight grin

Truth be told Buhari and his gang are the mastermind of the crisis rocking the NNPC and Baru is his 'cat's paw'.

And the only way to settle this matter is for the contracts to be probed and the appointments be rescinded but given Buhari antecedents I doubt if such will happen cos he's been known to use insecticides against opposition / dissents whilst he uses deodorants on his party/inner caucus members.

Unfortunately a lot of simpletons still believed his fraudulent so called man of integrity status.

1 Like

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by EruditorII: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2017
Saintp:

If PMB is not aware of this bullshit, then what is Baru still doing in NNPC? You guys should stop making excuses for PMB, it portrays him as very weak or clueless.

PMB is slow to act. He did not jump on the SGFs case any quicker and generally his greatest goofs have always been in trusting people around him who are not trustworthy.

Personally, I believe if Ibe Kachikwu had the slightest suspicion that PMB was backing Baru he would have quit. Him writing his memo to PMB to me was a sign that he felt the people surrounding PMB are the ones backing Baru. And this can easily be proved by the fact that despite writing that letter on the 30th of August, PMB did not act on it until the letter was leaked more than a month after.

If PMB had seen the letter he would simply have told Kachikwu that he was aware of the goings-on and Kachikwu would have either resigned or kept mum. Neither happened so it is fair to conclude that PMB had no idea.

Not every letter written gets to the president and not everyone can gain access to him if they are not in the "good books" of his team. That is why, even President Buhari's wife - Aisha - had claimed that there was a cabal running the govt at the abscence of her husband.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Saintp(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2017
EruditorII:

PMB is slow to act. He did not jump on the SGFs case any quicker and generally his greatest goofs have always been in trusting people around him who are not trustworthy.

Personally, I believe if Ibe Kachikwu had the slightest suspicion that PMB was backing Baru he would have quit. Him writing his memo to PMB to me was a sign that he felt the people surrounding PMB are the ones backing Baru. And this can easily be proved by the fact that despite writing that letter on the 30th of August, PMB did not act on it until the letter was leaked more than a month after.

If PMB had seen the letter he would simply have told Kachikwu that he was aware of the goings-on and Kachikwu would have either resigned or kept mum. Neither happened so it is fair to conclude that PMB had no idea.

Not every letter written gets to the president and not everyone can gain access to him if they are not in the "good books" of his team. That is why, even President Buhari's wife - Aisha - had claimed that there was a cabal running the govt at the abscence of her husband.

Do you realize that Kachukwu is a deputy to PMB as minister of petroleum and as such should be having close interactions with PMB at all times even more than Baru?

If PMB does not know then it is safe to say he has no business being president because it means that his appointees can sell off Nigeria one day and he won't be aware. We did not entrust the running of the country to a cabal but to him so your excuse does not hold water.

4 Likes

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Goodharoun: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2017
hadura29:

Bro, when his name came during this administration, I did some Digging myself, that guy na badt guy, he is a technocrat I respect alot, that guy knows his beans. Even though no one can be trusted, I didn't believe Baru's story.. good morning
harmless011:
Due process is not just the letter of the law. It is also about the spirit of the law. People who have nothing to hide, welcome the opportunity to share information with relevant stakeholders. As they say, transparency is the best deodorant.
This above sums it up Buhari is the greatest scam artist.
Buhari where is your WAEC result he hire 50 Sans.
Buhari promise to declare his assets till now no show.
hadura29 post=61309431:

Bro, when his name came during this administration, I did some Digging myself, that guy na badt guy, he is a technocrat I respect alot, that guy knows his beans. Even though no one can be trusted, I didn't believe Baru's story.. good morning
Buhari promise to abolish foreign medical trip but his wife and daughter just inform us there is no 20 naira paracetamol in the state house clinic.
Buhari where is our $26 BILLION DOLLARS he bribe NUPENG and PENGASSAN executives to embark on solidarity rally to Saint Baru.
This is a man that wears the INTEGRITY tag.
I repeat Buhari is the greatest scam artist ever liveth.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Goodharoun: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2017
Dr. Maikanti Kachalla Baru GMD, NNPC Maikanti Kachalla Baru is an indigene of Bauchi State. He obtained his West African School Certificate in 1978 from the Federal Government College Jos and later bagged a First Class Honours in Mechanical Engineering from AhmaduBello University, Zaria in 1982. He also attended the University of Sussex, United Kingdom where he graduated with a Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering in 1987. Between 1988-1991, he held various positions at the Jos Steel Rolling Company
Ltd. including Head Corporate Planning and Electrical Department while also serving in several committees in the company.He was the Manager National Engineering and Technical Company Limited (NETCO) from May to November 1991. He became the Manager, Opera
tions of Procurement Management Services (PROMAS) from 1991-1993 where he saved the Corporation over $70 million in six months of operation.Thereafter, he served in NAPIMS as the Manager Gas Department for four years and in 1997, he was appointed General Manager, Gas Development Division and during his stewardship of the Joint Venture Gas Projects, they were able to save over $575 million. In July 1999, he was appointed as the Executive Director, Operations of the Nigerian Gas Company, Warri where he was
responsible for the smooth operation of all the facilities in the Nigerian Gas Company ensuring uninterrupted gas supply to customers such as NEPA. He left this position in 2004 and was appointed as the Managing
Director Hyson (Nigeria) Ltd and under his stewardship; Hyson was introduced into the domestic LPG business and grew rapidly raking in N24m in 2004, N164m in 2005 and N400m in 2006. From 2006 to 2007, Dr. M.K Baru was the Group General Manager, Greenfield Refinery Projects Division where he was tasked with ensuring the smooth execution of the feasibility study, design, construction and operation of new refineries in Nigeria.Following his good work there, he was appointed in 2007, as the Group General Manager of the National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS) where he was responsible for ensuring the effective supervision of the nation’s investment in
the upstream of the Nigeria’s oil industry. This covered the six joint ventures, sixty-two production-sharing contracts and other ad-hoc assignments.Till his appointment as the Group Executive Director, Exploration and Production, Dr. Baru was the Group General Manager LNG Division. In his capacity, he handled the commercial and administrative aspects of the LNG Investment Businesses. He was also the NNPC’s Chief Technical Negotiator on the West African Gas Pipeline project and chaired the NNPC Anti-Corruption Committee.
In March 2016, he was appointed Technical Adviser (Gas Matters)to the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources and on July 4th
2016, President Muhammad Buhari appointed him as the 17th Group Managing Director of the NNPC. Dr. Baru has shown academic excellence over the years winning various prizes such as the Shell BP Petroleum Prize for the Best Final Year Mechanical Engineering Student and the Lever Brothers Prize for the Best Final Year Mechanical Engineering Investigation Project at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.He has also attended prestigious institutions such as the Harvard Business School, College of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Oxford, Columbia University Business School, New York and the Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business among others.
Oga me, just like Kachiku, Baru's Profile is also loaded.

1 Like

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Goodharoun: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2017
Dr. Maikanti Kachalla Baru GMD, NNPC Maikanti Kachalla Baru is an indigene of Bauchi State. He obtained his West African School Certificate in 1978 from the Federal Government College Jos and later bagged a First Class Honours in Mechanical Engineering from AhmaduBello University, Zaria in 1982. He also attended the University of Sussex, United Kingdom where he graduated with a Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering in 1987. Between 1988-1991, he held various positions at the Jos Steel Rolling Company
Ltd. including Head Corporate Planning and Electrical Department while also serving in several committees in the company.He was the Manager National Engineering and Technical Company Limited (NETCO) from May to November 1991. He became the Manager, Opera
tions of Procurement Management Services (PROMAS) from 1991-1993 where he saved the Corporation over $70 million in six months of operation.Thereafter, he served in NAPIMS as the Manager Gas Department for four years and in 1997, he was appointed General Manager, Gas Development Division and during his stewardship of the Joint Venture Gas Projects, they were able to save over $575 million. In July 1999, he was appointed as the Executive Director, Operations of the Nigerian Gas Company, Warri where he was
responsible for the smooth operation of all the facilities in the Nigerian Gas Company ensuring uninterrupted gas supply to customers such as NEPA. He left this position in 2004 and was appointed as the Managing
Director Hyson (Nigeria) Ltd and under his stewardship; Hyson was introduced into the domestic LPG business and grew rapidly raking in N24m in 2004, N164m in 2005 and N400m in 2006. From 2006 to 2007, Dr. M.K Baru was the Group General Manager, Greenfield Refinery Projects Division where he was tasked with ensuring the smooth execution of the feasibility study, design, construction and operation of new refineries in Nigeria.Following his good work there, he was appointed in 2007, as the Group General Manager of the National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS) where he was responsible for ensuring the effective supervision of the nation’s investment in
the upstream of the Nigeria’s oil industry. This covered the six joint ventures, sixty-two production-sharing contracts and other ad-hoc assignments.Till his appointment as the Group Executive Director, Exploration and Production, Dr. Baru was the Group General Manager LNG Division. In his capacity, he handled the commercial and administrative aspects of the LNG Investment Businesses. He was also the NNPC’s Chief Technical Negotiator on the West African Gas Pipeline project and chaired the NNPC Anti-Corruption Committee.
In March 2016, he was appointed Technical Adviser (Gas Matters)to the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources and on July 4th
2016, President Muhammad Buhari appointed him as the 17th Group Managing Director of the NNPC. Dr. Baru has shown academic excellence over the years winning various prizes such as the Shell BP Petroleum Prize for the Best Final Year Mechanical Engineering Student and the Lever Brothers Prize for the Best Final Year Mechanical Engineering Investigation Project at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.He has also attended prestigious institutions such as the Harvard Business School, College of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Oxford, Columbia University Business School, New York and the Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business among others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Johnayoola(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2017
Reference:

And the thread that runs through all of them is inordinate interests because these are all deliberate acts. The three of them know exactly what they are doing. There are no pretenses. Kachikwu's people must have lost out on perks, positions and privileges. The contracts and jobs have gone to the President's men.
exactly,this is all about interest .
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by orisa37: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2017
The more we delay the granting of full autonomy to our 36 States, the more we permit Buhari-Ibe-Baru's type of mismanagement.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by obijelo(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2017
We told them at time to distance themselves from buhari the refused now revised is now the case. Bihari have been stealing our oil money right from 1976.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by obijelo(m): 12:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
Corruption everywhere this is the reason why governor behave anyhow in their respective states. The President is involved, presidio when you are on sickbed I prayed and fastest for God mercy upon you not knowing that you are planning evil and creating difficulty for me and my belove country. Your love for money is something else at this age.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Reference(m): 12:45pm On Oct 11, 2017
EruditorII:

Hasn't seen the person in charge of the papers you signed in London since you returned and didn't act till it became public knowledge. Okay fine, he hasn't an idea of 'how' to govern. Now that he has known his close confidants have been acting rogue in the villa what has he done about the cabal since the news broke.... nothing. Remember the issue of cabals in the rock has been an underlying theme of this administration since inception. So what is it. He knows or doesn't know. He hears or doesn't hear. He acts or doesn't act. Cabals were not elected, Mr. President was and this constant attempt at delaminating him from all that is wrong with his administration will not just wash when elections come. He either takes charge or takes his leave. Every underperforming and corrupt government past and indeed future will look at this scenario as a 'get-out-of-responsiblity/liability' strategy. Pin the blame on the President's apointees and remain dry like a duck in water.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Reference(m): 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
Saintp:

Do you realize that Kachukwu is a deputy to PMB as minister of petroleum and as such should be having close interactions with PMB at all times even more than Baru?

If PMB does not know then it is safe to say he has no business being president because it means that his appointees can sell off Nigeria one day and he won't be aware. We did not entrust the running of the country to a cabal but to him so your excuse does not hold water.

Exactly. Very soon Jonathan will come out and explain he didn't know what the heck was going on in his adminstration. So will OBJ and IBB and even Abacha will send a memo from the grave that it was probably Jerry boy Useni as Head Cabalista that hijacked his rule of infamy. And every Perm Sec, Managing Director, Headmaster, Community leader and Choir Master will blame singing cabals for miscords and wrong tunes.

Wife: My husband why all this suffering in the house, why no money always. What is this story of you spending money on the streets.

Husband: My dear. Infact I'm not aware of what is happening to my finances. There must be a cabal at Iya Basira's morning grub and Mama Ngozi's sunset joint causing the leakages. Don't worry I will investigate and report back to you..... mbok no be you dey go dia yasef.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by GavelSlam: 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
[s][/s]
Wiseandtrue:

Only one word for the comment above "LAWLESSNESS!"

This why I am in support of the removal of Quota System!

This is a case of government working against itself! There is confusion everywhere!

Total insurbodination on the part of Baru!

That makes me wonder, if there is no future in Nigeria oil as claimed, why is Buhari particular about NNPC to the extent that he has to add to his portfolio as a President

It seems to me that this is the only ministry the FG is particular about because all the other ministers are only working on the media which is always in a future tense!

How can it be insubordination if Baru doesn't report to Kachikwu?
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Tecno66: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
Truth is that Kachikwu can not win this battle because Baru didnt act alone. He was encouraged to defy Kachikwu by corrupt anti-corruption crusaders and so he is safe. The NNPC board has been rendered impotent because instead of doing their duties as approved by law, they can only see what Baru wants them to see using Buhari as a cover. Remember, Baru himself is a member of the board. We all know the functions of the board of directors from basic economics.
harmless011:
Due process is not just the letter of the law. It is also about the spirit of the law. People who have nothing to hide, welcome the opportunity to share information with relevant stakeholders. As they say, transparency is the best deodorant.
Buhari promise to abolish foreign medical trip but his wife and daughter just inform us there is no 20 naira paracetamol in the state house clinic.
Buhari where is our $26 BILLION DOLLARS he bribe NUPENG and PENGASSAN executives to embark on solidarity rally to Saint Baru.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by EruditorII: 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2017
Tecno66:
Truth is that Kachikwu can not win this battle because Baru didnt act alone. He was encouraged to defy Kachikwu by corrupt anti-corruption crusaders and so he is safe. The NNPC board has been rendered impotent because instead of doing their duties as approved by law, they can only see what Baru wants them to see using Buhari as a cover. Remember, Baru himself is a member of the board. We all know the function of the board of directors from basic economics.

GBAM.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Splashme: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
harmless011:
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Vivere: 12:24am On Oct 12, 2017
tiwiex:

$25b is not missing. Contracts were awarded was that amount. Some are commercial contracts to lift crude. For instance, lift crude worth $3b and pay me 10 percent commission. Meanwhile, u can resell at $5b.indirectly, Nigeria will lose billions in revenue with this arrangement in the long run. In other words, we indirectly paid billions to contractors who were no competitive.
Not true. You cannot buy or resell oil at the international market at any arbitrary price you want. Oil prices are based on Platt. It is an international pricing platform that is updated daily. So you cannot fix any price for oil based on your own whims.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Vivere: 12:29am On Oct 12, 2017
Goodharoun:
Thank you! People have assumed that Baru is a dullard, or he only got his appointment based on nepotism, simply because he comes from a section of the country where education is not given the priority it deserves.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by nawtyme: 5:57am On Oct 12, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Medic save this man before him kpeme
I think you have the same brain composition as Sarrki.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Vivere: 9:39am On Oct 12, 2017
EruditorII:
cc Vivere

Just seeing this. Will get back to you later, after going through the main article.
Re: $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
GavelSlam:
[s][/s]

How can it be insubordination if Baru doesn't report to Kachikwu?
But did you read the NNPC constitution ABI na law

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Of Hosea Ibi Who Was Kidnapped & Murdered In Taraba (Photos) / Saudi Billionaires, Top Nigerian Politicians Listed As Boko-haram’s Sponspors / Photos Of The Formal Declaration Of The Lagos4Lagos Movement For The PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.