Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! (8163 Views)

Troop Foils Boko Haram Attack On Military And Civilians (photos) / Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Meldrick(m): 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Nzeribe knows nothing but evil practices.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by awolols(m): 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2010
one the real sense this man aint supposed to be preaching a coup but looking at it from the other angle, how has the nigerian democratic setting helped the fellow nigerian masses? its very saddening to see pple elected into office oppressing the pple that elected them and even claiming that what the pple are asking for is too much. you can just imagine. we need an alternative to this. would av suggested a revolution but nigerian are selfish and like themselves too much so no revolution can occur. A coup would solve so that we can be so sure that we are under a military rule and oppression would not be new to us i any form, weelll keep y`all fingers crossed cos a military coup only takes  international backing!
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by otukpo(f): 1:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
This devil is talking again.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by adconline(m): 2:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
Nzeribe is advocating for his pay masters - contractors aka military men in mufti. India and Pakistan got Independence the same year in 1947, India as a democracy has gone to the space and Pakistan is still being overrun by terrorists and mujaheddin. South dnd North Korea. South is a democracy and 11th largest economy in the world, while North is still begging for food.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by okooyinbo(m): 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
one the real sense this man aint supposed to be preaching a coup but looking at it from the other angle, how has the nigerian democratic setting helped the fellow nigerian masses? its very saddening to see pple elected into office oppressing the pple that elected them and even claiming that what the pple are asking for is too much. you can just imagine. we need an alternative to this. would av suggested a revolution but nigerian are selfish and like themselves too much so no revolution can occur. A coup would solve so that we can be so sure that we are under a military rule and oppression would not be new to us i any form, weelll keep y`all fingers crossed cos a military coup only takes international backing!

Atleast the people can ask at the present dispensation. Wo born you to ask if the millitary get there? Nzeribe is not in the position to tell us what type of govt should run Nigeria.

NZERIBE: You are a cunny guy, go to hell!
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by simplejide(m): 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2010
what do u expect from an arms dealer. old fool
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by saintalexo(m): 3:22pm On Mar 12, 2010
if NZERIBE should be a country, i'll like to be a citizen of NZERIBE than to be a NIGERIAN. Hw's that?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Hmm2: 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
this elderly man is an old fool who doesn't wish this country good, else hell never think, talk more of suggesting to the corrupt military to take over. sir, have you ever thought of a better nigeria in the next future? else your thinking faculty will not in the wrong .
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by sirt1(m): 4:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
saintalexo:

if NZERIBE should be a country, i'll like to be a citizen of NZERIBE than to be a NIGERIAN. Hw's that?

heheheheheh, laughter wan kill me for Nairaland.

okooyinbo:

[b][b][b][b][b][b][b]Atleast the people can ask at the present dispensation. Wo born you to ask if the millitary get there[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]? Nzeribe is not in the position to tell us what type of govt should run Nigeria.

NZERIBE: You are a cunny guy, go to hell!

After talk nko? wetin come out? All this politicians are rouge in disguise. Democracy in Nigeria is in no way better than millitary era. Someone want to argue with that?

marissa:

I once read that Nzeribe is one of Africa's biggest gun runners. He is supposed to have supplied arms via black market to rebels in practically every war and conflict on the African continent sice the sixties. It no surprise he's filthy rich and untouchable.

My particular worry however with this recent comment is that its very familiar. He started the ABN mantra like play like play and it all went his way! Don't forget his close relationship with IBB.

[b][b]I am also quite alarmed at the number of IBB boys in very strong positions all of a sudden: TY Danjuma, Aliyu Gusau, David Mark!!  The chess board is moving slowly towards a checkmate and we're all just looking. God knows who Jonathan will appoint as his 5 advisers[/b][/b]. Now Nzeribe's lone voice is humming just like it did in ABN days. Its all too familiar!

I fear for my Country!

Thanks for your observation. Nobody will see this one now. We will all be cut unaware by the time IBB returns to Aso Rock in grand style. Why am I even talking? Se bi the man no even resign? He said he was "stepping aside"

Now to original post

Can anyone feed us on Nzeribe's looting? Do anyone has facts on how he looted Nigeria? Or does it means Nzeribe never partook in looting Nigeria?

Pls somebody should brief the whole house.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Funseeka(m): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2010
What Nigerians need is sustainable good governance; democratically or not. Nzeribe really backed up his call for military rule with reasons; go back to his speech. I prefer democracy anyway but unfortunately there is no light in the pipe line.

When last did you visit public hospital?
How do you feel seeing police confidently extorting money from motorists not minding the resulting hold-up?
Are we still one Nigeria; North has become a slaughtering dungeon for other Nigerians
Kai, Kidnappers are by the corner looking for whom to carry-go even for any amount
Do you ever imagine the number of graduates coming to join the unemployed; no thanks to banking sector?

Where is our President, has anyone seen him. Are we sure this is democracy in progress?
Have they achieved any of the 7points agenda.

Now tell me where the light is. If not that military will eventually be power drunk and even turn there horsewhip on us, I would have joined Nzeribe in his call. But then, I doubt if we are ripe for this democracy
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2010
Hello Eziachi,
From your earlier contributions especially to discussions concerning the Igbos, I had already figured you are an elder, Am barely 27 and so get really humbled when i read your insights, so i wonder what else you might know.

Am sure you have noticed how trying to put out the right information on online forums always seems to be drowned by mis information. You must have also noticed the blank and myths that always crop up when issues of Igbo history from and after the civil wars rises. You can imagine the harm this misinformation does to the future generations. Songs of past heros are sung to inspire the hearts of the young, else the land continues to lack heros, king .

While I will not ask you to cease spending your time on forums likes this, I do sincerely ask that you begin to put down the things you know about Igbo nationhood in writing, with the intent of publishing them as a gift to the future. Wirte about the prowess of the likes of Nzeribe, yourself and other sons of the land and their Journey (note I do not bother about ethics on international waters which I consider jungle.) please write about those things you would like the future and young to know. Even if you have no time to publish, you can release them as unpublished articles.
If you wont mind, please send me an email chrisofoma@yahoo.com just so I can get your mail address
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by alldone(m): 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2010
he makes money from trouble. so it is important for him if their is crisis.those are the kind of leaders that we have.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by cloud7: 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2010
Afam and Eziachi, Many thanks for such an  insightful,uunequivocal and iilluminating report about my HERO Nzeribe.
I have been a Fan of Nzeribe right from time ,anytime he speaks,I listen carefully cos he has got the swagger and Courage when speaking about the state of the nation without mincing words and without fear.

Nigerians are used to hypocrites and will never be comfortable with the Calibre of Nzeribe because of our jaundiced and emotional view on state of the nation, He is even a SAINT when compared to a crop of new generation Politician we have today, Its high time we take his message rather than crucifying the messenger. Wether we like it or not he is one  of the few respected politicians that makes things happen without  being a praise-singer, Blind loyalist or Boot-Licker
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2010
It is naive at best or disingenuous at worst to ask anyone to supply details of how Nzeribe looted. Despite years of mis-management and embezzlement of funds in Nigeria, how many people have been successfully prosecuted? We see politicians, ex-military men living in opulence without any credible source of income. Do we not know how they came about the money. IBB is one of the richest men in Nigeria, did he get rich from his stipends? No. Has he been prosecuted for looting? No.

It is also curious to note that those defending Nzeribe can only point to the 60s as the period when he made his money. Also curious is the claim that he scuttled Abiola's June 12 ambition over a petty quarrel yet they claim that he revels in notoriety. I am convinced that Nzeribe took money from IBB to scuttle June 12. That is my opinion. He was not used because he got paid to scuttle the freest and fairest election in Nigerian history. Some want us to believe that a man who made his money from an immoral line of business would not have accepted money to become one of the most hated men in Nigerian history.

Nzeribe makes money when there is strife. He wants the boys in uniform back so that he can profit from the consequent imbroglio. Come to think of it, his defenders are asking for proof of looting; can they also tell us how Nzeribe has been earning his income since his hey days as a gun-runner? That was a long time and although there have been several wars in Africa, did he profit from any of those wars?

There are those who can not debate without resorting to insults; please ignore my post if you can only resort to your usual style of name-calling. I will simply ignore any insults.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by asha80(m): 5:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

It is naive at best or disingenuous at worst to ask anyone to supply details of how Nzeribe looted. Despite years of mis-management and embezzlement of funds in Nigeria, how many people have been successfully prosecuted? We see politicians, ex-military men living in opulence without any credible source of income. Do we not know how they came about the money. IBB is one of the richest men in Nigeria, did he get rich from his stipends? No. Has he been prosecuted for looting? No.

It is also curious to note that those defending Nzeribe can only point to the 60s as the period when he made his money. Also curious is the claim that he scuttled Abiola's June 12 ambition over a petty quarrel yet they claim that he revels in notoriety. I am convinced that Nzeribe took money from IBB to scuttle June 12. That is my opinion. He was not used because he got paid to scuttle the freest and fairest election in Nigerian history. Some want us to believe that a man who made his money from an immoral line of business would not have accepted money to become one of the most hated men in Nigerian history.

Nzeribe makes money when there is strife. He wants the boys in uniform back so that he can profit from the consequent imbroglio. Come to think of it, his defenders are asking for proof of looting; can they also tell us how Nzeribe has been earning his income since his hey days as a gun-runner? That was a long time and although there have been several wars in Africa, did he profit from any of those wars?

There are those who can not debate without resorting to insults; please ignore my post if you can only resort to your usual style of name-calling. I will simply ignore any insults.

I guess you do not know Nzeribe well that is why you are saying what you are saying.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
asha 80:

I guess you do not know Nzeribe well that is why you are saying what you are saying.

Why don't you educate me then? Thats the purpose of these forums. Highlight the parts you disagree with and put forward your argument.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Afam(m): 6:22pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

Why don't you educate me then? Thats the purpose of these forums. Highlight the parts you disagree with and put forward your argument.

He does not need to educate you.

You are an unrepentant tribalist that hates anything Igbo and is quick to support any negative thing said against the Igbo. You are shameless to say the least.

Get back to the topic, this is about Nzeribe not IBB and that you are convinced that he looted is immaterial because over 75% of your statements on this forum are usually wrong so it is not new for us to read about your baseless comments while waiting for others to keep correcting your lies.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by asha80(m): 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2010
@post

Nzeribe only cares about spotlight and nothing more.If Nzeribe comes to you for anything simply avoid him because he cares for only NZERIBE and nothing else.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2010
Afam:

He does not need to educate you.

You are an unrepentant tribalist that hates anything Igbo and is quick to support any negative thing said against the Igbo. You are shameless to say the least.

Get back to the topic, this is about Nzeribe not IBB and that you are convinced that he looted is immaterial because over 75% of your statements on this forum are usually wrong so it is not new for us to read about your baseless comments while waiting for others to keep correcting your lies.

You seem highly irritable; are you having your menses?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Afam(m): 6:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

You seem highly irritable; are you having your menses?

No, I am not. I can't stand stupid tribalists like you that cannot see anything unless it is viewed with a tribal prism. Needless to state this, you disgust me with your shameless lies.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by mamagee3(f): 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2010
Boring!!!!
Can we read a better report, no one cares about what Nzeribe says. . .
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
Afam:

No, I am not. I can't stand silly tribalists like you that cannot see anything unless it is viewed with a tribal prism. Needless to state this, you disgust me with your shameless lies.

You are wrong on several points.
Nigeria is in a mess today because our politicians (yesteryears and present) have all failed regardless of whether they are Igbo, Yoruba, or Hausa/Fulani. Now I criticise most politicians, if not all. But to individuals who only trawl the forum seeking for threads where they perceive posters bashing their tribes, it may seem that I am bashing only Igbo politicians. I have been unreservedly critical of Yoruba politicians just as I have been of Igbo politicians. Its not being tribalistic, its just simply analysing and criticising those who have failed us. Check the threads on Awo, OBJ, Tinubu and you will notice that I have criticised them as well.

Secondly, I am one of a few on these forums who advocate against tribal bashing. I have pleaded with several posters to do away with it and on occasions, I have defended Igbo people (check some threads on Ojukwu). I am not here to defend any tribe or group of people; if they have failed, then they deserve to have their actions analysed and discussed so that we try to avoid its occurrence in the future. I am not stating this so that you can stop your unprovoked attack on my person; I do so because, it usually results in derailing threads and removes from purposeful discourse. Afterall, sticks and bricks may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Eziachi: 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2010
alldone:

he makes money from trouble. so it is important for him if their is crisis.those are the kind of leaders that we have.

Probably far better than making money by stealing from you and the rest of the masses just because you hijacked power or knew those in power.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Eziachi:

Probably far better than making money by stealing from you and the rest of the masses just because you hijacked power or knew those in power.

Do you absolute evidence that Nzeribe did not gain from his association with the boys in uniform? He may be your brother, uncle, son, neighbour, townsman, etc but none of those relationships can not give you absolute certainty that he did not profit from any government.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by SirQuency: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
I feel this man got it wrong,4 d military to register there presence in the polity makes us a laughing stock among nations.I think oldage is rubbing off on his sense of judgement.I dont buy his idea,lets join hands together to make our country one of the best democracies.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Eziachi: 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

Do you absolute evidence that Nzeribe did not gain from his association with the boys in uniform? He may be your brother, uncle, son, neighbour, townsman, etc but none of those relationships can not give you absolute certainty that he did not profit from any government.

There is no such thing as absolute sure in human affairs because people change. I haven’t accused Nzeribe to be corrupt, so why should I produce the evidence? Isn’t the job of an accuser to produce evidence to substantiate his accusation? That should be your job and not mine.

What I had said is that, there are evidences of how Nzeribe made his money in the 60s, 70s and 80s that I am absolutely sure about and you can’t say the same for the likes of OBJ or IBB whose not only comes from obscure poor backgrounds but are professional soldiers on annual salaries.

Nzeribe’s politics is not my cup of tea neither his morality, but we have to call a spade a spade. If you want to debate the morality of his past businesses, like arm dealership, that is entirely a different kettle. Damanze is by no means a blood relative of mine, but having known him from close for more than four decades right from his school days/ his early life, I am telling you as I knew it.
If you have evidence that he has participated  in the looting of Nigeria with anybody, either in khaki or agbada just like others, I will be willing to know.
I am here like to learn new things. It  is just that I hate innuendos often presented as fact just to support a pre-concept belief.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2010
Why are some trolls on this forum constantly showing flair for stupidity and acting like zombies? Is DEMOCRACY the only system of government ever practiced in the universe? The people of Nigeria are capable of designing a system of government that may significantly differ from the so-called democracy and can serve them better than the crap they have now. .

In fact, what Nigeria is practicing presently is a damnable mockery of democracy. Even the communism that is holding sway in China is better in all forms than the idiotic democracy practiced in Nigeria.

If these dimwits that have subjected Nzeribe to all forms of scurrilous diatribe for voicing his innocuous political opinion knew iota of democratic principles would hide their mangled faces in sunbathed sand. Democracy guarantees free expression of thoughts regardless how less insignificant.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
Dede1:

Why are some trolls on this forum constantly showing flair for stupidity and acting like zombies? Is DEMOCRACY the only system of government ever practiced in the universe? The people of Nigeria are capable of designing a system of government that may significantly differ from the so-called democracy and can serve them better than the crap they have now. .

In fact, what Nigeria is practicing presently is a damnable mockery of democracy. Even the communism that is holding sway in China is better in all forms than the idiotic democracy practiced in Nigeria.

If these dimwits that have subjected Nzeribe to all forms of scurrilous diatribe for voicing his innocuous political opinion knew iota of democratic principles would hide their mangled faces in sunbathed sand. Democracy guarantees free expression of thoughts regardless how less insignificant.

And you have evidence that a military region is the best for Nigeria? Tell me, how will the new military regime be different from the regimes of IBB, Gowon, Obasanjo, Abacha, Abdulsalam?

Why must you keep insulting people who have a different opinion to yours? This village square attitude of shouting down people does not lead to intelligent discourse. If you are aware that your knowledge is superior, why bother coming here?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Eziachi: 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2010
Sir Quency:

I feel this man got it wrong,4 d military to register there presence in the polity makes us a laughing stock among nations.I think oldage is rubbing off on his sense of judgement.I dont buy his idea,lets join hands together to make our country one of the best democracies.

I think the funny thing about Nigeria is that they tend to attack the messenger rather than the message. Can any one tell me that what Nzeribe said about the actions of the politicians, including him would not have brought a military coup few decades ago when the west accepts it because of the cold war ally?
That is what he meant by ripe. I did not read him recruiting the military to take over. He was questioning the morality of Nigerian democracy if laid side by side with military governments in the past.  In addition, those congratulating the military for not taking over, which in his own assessment, a blackmail, rather than conviction toward a democratic process.

If there is a military take over tomorrow, it is the same people lambasting Nzeribe today, that will be the first to jump in to become ministers and commissioners at all level and not Nzeribe.

Some said he is evil because of ABN, fair enough but they conveniently forgot how the so-called democrats led by Abiola himself begged ABACHA to take over from Shonekan thinking he will hand over to him. It was the same democrats including Abiola’s vice Kingibe, Jakande, Sarumi, Babatope etc and not Nzeribe that becomes that junta government ministers.

We tend to leave the bottom that released the smelly gas and start knocking the head.  Nzeribe is a mischief/trouble maker but he is not the problem of Nigeria by far or the myth surrounding him, which I am sure he sadistically enjoys.

As for joining hand to make Nigeria a democratic utopia, dream on. You should first of all find your president.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2010
If the attitude of the governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, by any known means constituted the cardinal aspect of democracy in Nigeria as being alleged in a posted article on this board, I should say that Chief Nzeribe stands as a fearless pillar in Nigerian society.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Afam(m): 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2010
Eziachi:

As for joining hand to make Nigeria a democratic utopia, dream on. You should first of all find your president.

This qualifies for the Statement of the Year Award 2010!
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Eziachi:

I think the funny thing about Nigeria is that they tend to attack the messenger rather than the message. Can any one tell me that what Nzeribe said about the actions of the politicians, including him would not have brought a military coup few decades ago when the west accepts it because of the cold war ally?
That is what he meant by ripe. I did not read him recruiting the military to take over. He was questioning the morality of Nigerian democracy if laid side by side with military governments in the past.  In addition, those congratulating the military for not taking over, which in his own assessment, a blackmail, rather than conviction toward a democratic process.

If there is a military take over tomorrow, it is the same people lambasting Nzeribe today, that will be the first to jump in to become ministers and commissioners at all level and not Nzeribe.

Some said he is evil because of ABN, fair enough but they conveniently forgot how the so-called democrats led by Abiola himself begged ABACHA to take over from Shonekan thinking he will hand over to him. It was the same democrats including Abiola’s vice Kingibe, Jakande, Sarumi, Babatope etc and not Nzeribe that becomes that junta government ministers.

We tend to leave the bottom that released the smelly gas and start knocking the head.  Nzeribe is a mischief/trouble maker but he is not the problem of Nigeria by far or the myth surrounding him, which I am sure he sadistically enjoys.

Nzeribe allowed himself to be used to scuttle June 12. He will still pay for that one day; either here on Earth or when he meets his maker. That others acted selfishly does not remove from Nzeribe's sin. Nzeribe's name will remain infamous for ever; Nigerians of the future will remember him like Americans remember Bennedict Arnold.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16 Facts About Libya? / Kwara Gets New CP, Olaiya Victor Mobolaji / Resident Doctors Suspend Proposed Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.