Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,313 members, 7,819,067 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! (8166 Views)

Troop Foils Boko Haram Attack On Military And Civilians (photos) / Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 9:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
Dede1:

If the attitude of the governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, by any known means constituted the cardinal aspect of democracy in Nigeria as being alleged in a posted article on this board, I should say that Chief Nzeribe stands as a fearless pillar in Nigerian society.

No one is defending the useless politicians that we have but a military regime is not the answer. I am certain Nzeribe's defenders know this but prefer to defend him for obvious reasons.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by asha80(m): 10:00pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

Nzeribe allowed himself to be used to scuttle June 12. He will still pay for that one day; either here on Earth or when he meets his maker. That others acted selfishly does not remove from Nzeribe's sin. Nzeribe's name will remain infamous for ever; Nigerians of the future will remember him like Americans remember Bennedict Arnold.

Like i said earlier only those that do not know nzeribe will think he was 'used' for that ABN.nzeribe did that because NZERIBE wanted to do it.he is not called a maverick for no reason.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 10:09pm On Mar 12, 2010
asha 80:

Like i said earlier only those that do not know nzeribe will think he was 'used' for that ABN.nzeribe did that because NZERIBE wanted to do it.he is not called a maverick for no reason.

That Nzeribe had his own objective does not imply that there can not be different objectives by two partners. Nzeribe achieved his objective of causing mischief and probably enriching himself in the process while IBB achieved his objective of not handing over. Just like in a market where a seller collects money and a buyer parts with money for the enjoyment of goods/services.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

And you have evidence that a military region is the best for Nigeria? Tell me, how will the new military regime be different from the regimes of IBB, Gowon, Obasanjo, Abacha, Abdulsalam?

Why must you keep insulting people who have a different opinion to yours? This village square attitude of shouting down people does not lead to intelligent discourse. If you are aware that your knowledge is superior, why bother coming here?

If all the shouters and haulers of abusive words at Chief Nzeribe for exhibiting one of the basic privileges guaranteed by the democracy knew little intrigues about the system, they should have restrained themselves from such indulgence. Regardless of what you and I think about military government, Chief Nzeribe should not attract unwarranted abusive words from village square vagabonds as we have experienced on this thread.

By the way, it nice to inform me about shouting down on people who knew nothing about democracy yet they have audacious pedigree to subject a person who does not agree with them on the mockery of democracy found in Nigeria to series of vitriolic diatribes.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2010
It is a shame that con artists like Nzeribe are still being interviewed and we have uneducated and ignorant fools defending him on Nairaland. I man that formed ABN and claimed he had 25 million signatures of people that wanted June 12 cancelled. I am not surprised he is calling for the military because he is hoping to benefit again from a military regime.
Nigeria is amongst the poorest countries in the world today because of military rule. The likes of Gowon, Buhari, Babangida and Abacha knew nothing about governance/nation building and thought the whole country was a military barracks where the can rule from a decree promulgated by some drunken general. It seems as a nation we have not learnt our lessons from military rule. Take a look at the most developed countries in the world and tell me how many of them are ruled by the military. The soldiers should stay in their barracks and let the politicians talk about governance. The biggest challenge we have with our democracy right now is that our politicians are all retired army generals who still think they are in the barracks. But lets give our democracy time and things will improve. We may be moving at snail speed but trust me military rule will be much worse. You have no idea who will be taking over in a military rule and what his intentions may be so please let's drop this idea about the military!
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2010
Dede1:

If all the shouters and haulers of abusive words at Chief Nzeribe for exhibiting one of the basic privileges guaranteed by the democracy knew little intrigues about the system, they should have restrained themselves from such indulgence. Regardless of what you and I think about military government, Chief Nzeribe should not attract unwarranted abusive words from village square vagabonds as we have experienced on this thread.

By the way, it nice to inform me about shouting down on people who knew nothing about democracy yet they have audacious pedigree to subject a person who does not agree with them on the mockery of democracy found in Nigeria to series of vitriolic diatribes.

You expect too much from the average Nigeria; you should know better. People remember Nzeribe for his June 12 action; thats why they hate him. I do not think you are aware of how hated Nzeribe is.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by asha80(m): 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

You expect too much from the average Nigeria; you should know better. People remember Nzeribe for his June 12 action; thats why they hate him. I do not think you are aware of how hated Nzeribe is.

My guy people from imo state actually hated nzeribe before that june 12 saga because guys from there knew the kind of person he is.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by rickie4us(m): 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2010
this man again?
well, he has mouth , let him talk
he wants to remain relevant
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2010
asha 80:

My guy people from imo state actually hated nzeribe before that june 12 saga because guys from there knew the kind of person he is.

I am well aware of his pre-june 12 infamy; he just took it to another level. smiley
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by switosman(m): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
Untill people like nzeribe die off, this country n imo will know no peace. he might have made money legally or not, the truth remains that he n pple like him are selfish, they think about their own good not the country.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

This is not a matter of the so-called June 12 or the degree of iniquities that trail Chief Nzeribe. Many elections have been annulled in Nigeria and I should state unequivocally that the so-called June 12 holds water only in the figment of imagination of the deluded folks. The circumstantial government that prevails in Nigeria currently is democracy and it is a worthy belief that Chief Nzeribe should be allowed to participate in such setup. Democracy embraces freedom of expression and more so to the voices of dissenters.

I am not taking issues with the empty-belly Nigerians but with those people who would want us to believe that they were educated and yet act like imbecilic morons. You can hate a person all you want but democracy demands accommodation of opposing views and treating the holder of such views with measured respect.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 11:13pm On Mar 12, 2010
Dede1:

This is not a matter of the so-called June 12 or the degree of iniquities that trails Chief Nzeribe. Many elections have been annulled in Nigeria and I should state unequivocally that the so-called June 12 holds water only in the figment of imagination of the deluded folks. The circumstantial government that prevails in Nigeria currently is democracy and it is a worthy belief that Chief Nzeribe should be allowed to participate in such setup. Democracy embraces freedom of expression and more so to the voices of dissenters.

I am not taking issues with the empty-belly Nigerians but with those people who would want us to believe that they were educated and yet act like imbecilic morons. You can hate a person all you want but democracy demands accommodation of opposing views and treating the holder of such views with measured respect.  

But would he have that voice in a military setup? You make the point that everyone has a voice in a democratic setting but isnt it counter-productive to then invite the military?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by FACE(m): 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2010
Katsumoto:

I am well aware of his pre-june 12 infamy; he just took it to another level. smiley

He had the right to call for the annulment of that election. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion as long as it does not include defamation of another, incitement of hate and goading others to kill.

He did not annul the election, he went to court and the court granted his plea. Babangida annulled the election and Nzeribe smiled with satisfaction period.

Babangida is the man you want to hold responsible for June 12. You also have to blame those that accepted positions in the "step aside government" for conniving to scuttle democracy and not a man who exercised his democratic rights and went to court and did not bear arms against a democratically elected government, anything else is misguided.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2010
FACE:

He had the right to call for the annulment of that election. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion as long as it does not include defamation of another, incitement of hate and goading others to kill.

He did not annul the election, he went to court and the court granted his plea. Babangida annulled the election and Nzeribe smiled with satisfaction period.

Babangida is the man you want to hold responsible for June 12. You also have to blame those that accepted positions in the "step aside government" for conniving to scuttle democracy and not a man who exercised his democratic rights and went to court and did not bear arms against a democratically elected government, anything else is misguided.

Please what was that democratic right? Also, why get judgement in the middle of the night? Stop trying to be clever. I guess we have to agree to disagree.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by kuru: 12:06am On Mar 13, 2010
We should all stop and think for once.

Is this democrazy with high govt over head via- house of rep, house of assembly, senoir minister, junior minister minister of state & lga, special advisers etcccccccccccc the best for us??

at least wen abacha was in govt we did not have dis much fuel scarcity, at least NEPA was around for a least once in 3 days and we all knew dat abacha was atheif but he had a gun so everybodi pretended it was ok.

Fast forward 2010 wat do we have??
well i comment my reserve!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Eziachi: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

Nzeribe allowed himself to be used to scuttle June 12. He will still pay for that one day; either here on Earth or when he meets his maker. That others acted selfishly does not remove from Nzeribe's sin. Nzeribe's name will remain infamous for ever; Nigerians of the future will remember him like Americans remember Bennedict Arnold.

Then again, this is your usual line of argument- rumours and suggestions as you have no evidence to support your claim that he was used. Whether he was used or he used anybody is not my concern.

You forgot that IBB and his gang has originally annulled the primaries won by Shinkafi and Shehu Yar Adua, we all clapped and praised him for that and no one ever think that Nzeribe the magician is needed to do that but they did anyway.

Nevertheless, when our fellow Southerner’s election was annulled, suddenly we cried blue murder. Nzeribe despite his money or his misconnected myth by the likes of you cannot magically kill an election. Those that killed June 12 were those that should fight for it, starting from the winner himself and his supporters.   We are always conveniently looking for an escape goat and in Nzeribe we conveniently found one. You did not ask yourself where was the likes of Diya, A.K Adisa, Abdul Olurin, Bode George and Oyinolas of this world when Nzeribe was doing his magic- truncating June 12?

It was Nzeribe that asked Shonekan to take over from IBB? It was Nzeribe that sent South West traditional rulers led by Oba Okunuade (H.R.H Oni of Ife) on a courtesy call on IBB and told him before the whole world that the annulment of the election was act of God? You makes Nzeribe bigger than he is actually is and he enjoys it. Believe me, he does!
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by amarilo: 12:28am On Mar 13, 2010
http://www.dawodu.com/aluko25.htm
Read about the dude here. The guy is three much. I don't think he has a friend.
I once heard that he placed a notice that you dont have to greet anybody you see within his compound cuz they might not asnwer you.

[b]Extract from the site.

In the recent past, I single-handedly handled financed the activities of the defunct Association for Better Nigeria (ABN), the pressure group that legitimately and constitutionally went to court under the due process of law and obtained the judgement restraining the conduct and eventually the non-release of the results of the presidential elections of that year [JUNE 12 ELECTION RESULTS] by the electoral commission.

The association did not receive any iota of financial assistance from the Babangida Administration. There are living witnesses amongst the top echelons of that regime who should feel free to contradict my position. All the funds expended in realizing the objectives of the association were provided by me from the funds made available or provided by the TRUSTS at my own request. In the same vein are the activities of the defunct Union of Democratically Elected Representatives of Nigeria (UDERN) and the present MONAC.

Therefore, if I spent millions of naira of my own money to promote ABN and other such pressure groups which I believed in, why is it difficult to believe that I am spending my own millions of naira now to support Obasanjo by opposing an underserved impeachment intrigue? It is in the light of the above facts that I am amused by the uncharitable or unreasonable suspicion that in trying to make my political conceptions and projections a reality, it must surreptitiously be "to make money." I, however, agree that part of the burden of living in a corrupt society is to explain everything away in monetary terms. Certainly, that is not my style. In this context, it is on record that I had in the past been reported as criticizing Nigerian public officials for "stealing what they do not need." I am convinced that with the material resources at my disposal, provided by the TRUSTS. I can sustain my standard of living for life, and do exactly what I want to do politically, legally, any time, any place, based on my conviction. Monetary inducement does not motivate or excite me, I have seen it all. Conviction motivates and excites me sometimes; I am driven to be more catholic than the Pope.

In the Senate impeachment imbroglio against President Obasanjo, I believed in and adopted an opposition view from the Senate leadership. I practically implored every senator [THAT] I lobbied. Although, I am presently suffering an undeserved suspension, it is gratifying to be acknowledged as a principal factor in getting the Senate to realize that the impeachment plan was an ill wind, underserved and inspired by a hidden political agenda.

In the course of pursing this project, I have received a gift and donation of US$125,000,000.00 (one hundred and twenty five million United States dollars) from the AGUNZE TRUST. It is instructive that out of this fund, I have so far drawn only US$17 million (Seventeen million dollars) as follows:

(a) US$3.5 million 10/9/2002

(b) US$3.5 million 12/9/2002

(c) US$10 million on 14/11/2002

At a parallel conversion rate of N141 to one US dollar, I have at my disposal N2,397,000,000 (two billion three hundred and ninety seven million naira) - were it all to have been exchanged. I believed that answers the question of who is my financier or my source of wealth.

While funds for my political activities may not literally be "a river that never runs dry", I do not require to look for sponsors for any political budget that I wish to implement. That is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I always pick up my political bills[/b]
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Eziachi: 12:55am On Mar 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

Please what was that democratic right? Also, why get judgement in the middle of the night? Stop trying to be clever. I guess we have to agree to disagree.

The question I had always ask people without any answers ever forth-coming is this: Who are the members of ABN? Who is their chairman, secretary and so forth? ABN is simply Nzeribe and Nzeribe is simply ABN as far as I am concerned.
Whether he went to court at midnight or at  mid day is hardly the issue. The point is that he went to a court in the land and obtained the injunction against June 12 election before a recognised  judge.
I personally didn’t like it and you didn’t like it but that is his democratic right to do so. The judge should had thrown the case out if he/she saw no merit in it, IBB and his gang which includes Abiola’s brothers in the AFRC should have ignored it as they did few days before,  with another injunction that wants to stop the election going ahead.

Since when had the military ever obeys court orders?
If the word “used” is to be believed, I think it was Nzeribe that used the military by finding a legal excuse for them to annul June 12 election and then Abiola and his greedy supporters and associates did the final damage themselves
Nzeribe went home happy and probably then turn to Abiola to tell him never to dare him in future.  You don’t ask a trouble maker: what can you do? Especially a very rich one for that matter. And many years later, we are not an inch wiser with Nzeribe and his antics.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by TippyTop(m): 1:23am On Mar 13, 2010
Tribal bigots are only supporting Nzeribe because he's of Igbo stock, same bigots whine whilst accusing the Hausa's of breeding kleptomaniacs. This is a joke right?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by asha80(m): 1:40am On Mar 13, 2010
Tippy Top:

Tribal bigots are only supporting Nzeribe because he's of Igbo stock, same bigots whine whilst accusing the Hausa's of breeding kleptomaniacs. This is a joke right?

You need to learn to discern discussions before you type without your brain.Who is supporting what he said?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by amarilo: 1:44am On Mar 13, 2010
^ Thatz why Nigeria will never work. They see everything with their tribal eye and i don't blame them.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by santanovva(m): 4:03am On Mar 13, 2010
Argumentum ad homonem:lets spare Nzeribe and focus on the main issue.
Wouldn't it be right to solicit for military intervention in Nigeria's leadership in the face of the all-levels-democratic-sham we are experiencing
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by EzeUche(m): 4:24am On Mar 13, 2010
Tippy Top:

He does not represent the views of the majority of Igbos.

The man is a fool and he and other Igbo traitors need to be wiped out. What sickens me more than a saboteur is an Igbo traitor. They deserve only death.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by bkbabe97: 5:20am On Mar 13, 2010
lemme guess, this Nzeribe guy is Ibo, right?
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Eziachi: 7:28am On Mar 13, 2010
bk/babe97:

lemme guess, this Nzeribe guy is Ibo, right?
Wrong guess, Nzeribe is not Ibo, he is rather Igbo, some mothers do have them.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by rasputinn(m): 8:16am On Mar 13, 2010
Now that Nzeribe has been dumped in the dust bin of political Siberia,he has realised that all of a sudden he has become very irrelevant and no longer gets allowance for going to sleep in the senate,he has decided to rant and attract attention
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by FACE(m): 9:06am On Mar 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

Sorry I limited his rights to voice his opinion to democracy. Let me rephrase that :

His has [b]inalienable rights[/b]to speak his mind as long as he does not defame others, incite hatred or endanger lives. If he went to court in the middle of the night and obtained an injunction, it means that the court was open for business in the middle of the night and you can't blame him for that.

Everyone, except you understands that the court is the right place to take your grievances to and he did just that, so how can you hate him for that and not hate the preciding judge or Babangida or Shonekun or Kingigbe ?

Your anger is misguided and without any reasonable foundation. I may not approve of someone,but I can't take away his fundamental rights from him. When I hate on him, I would have a reason to do so without sentiments. If I were you, I would argue with facts and not sentiments.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by insideview: 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2010
Nzeribe has a right to speak his mind. Others, however, have a choice as to taking him seriously or not. As someone who flouriehes in the kind of conditions military rule creates, his advocating the return of the military is understanable.

That being said, one realises that given the conditions in our country today, a military take over is a clear and present danger. It doesnt matter (and i doubt it ever has) if the citizenery welcome it or not (usually they do).
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Katsumoto: 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2010
FACE:

Sorry I limited his rights to voice his opinion to democracy. Let me rephrase that :

His has [b]inalienable rights[/b]to speak his mind as long as he does not defame others, incite hatred or endanger lives. If he went to court in the middle of the night and obtained an injunction, it means that the court was open for business in the middle of the night and you can't blame him for that.

Everyone, except you understands that the court is the right place to take your grievances to and he did just that, so how can you hate him for that and not hate the preciding judge or Babangida or Shonekun or Kingigbe ?

Your anger is misguided and without any reasonable foundation. I may not approve of someone,but I can't take away his fundamental rights from him. When I hate on him, I would have a reason to do so without sentiments. If I were you, I would argue with facts and not sentiments.

What hour should a court be opened up to? How many judgements have been passed in the dead of the night? You want to talk facts, then please answer my question. I believe that it was an unusual judgement; obtained so late for obvious reasons. If you are able to furnish me with the details of judgements that were delivered in the middle of the night, then I will accept ur argument.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by FACE(m): 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

What hour should a court be opened up to? How many judgements have been passed in the dead of the night? You want to talk facts, then please answer my question. I believe that it was an unusual judgement; obtained so late for obvious reasons. If you are able to furnish me with the details of judgements that were delivered in the middle of the night, then I will accept your argument.

The onus is on you to provide evidence that he opened the court room in the middle of the night, sat on the judges chair and awarded himself an injunction.

You are missing the point, which is that he exercised his rights and took his grievance to that place that we are all advised to take our grievances to i.e court. The timing of his lawsuit was also his prerogative and was probably a well calculated tactics. You can not take those away from him.

Your grievances should be towards the judge who granted the injunction, Babangida who annulled the election, Shonekan who readily accepted to be President and CIC armed forces who was power drunk himself or indecisive and failed to release the results, Kingigbe his running mate who accepted to serve in the folowing administration.

I also hate military governments and do not want to see them 200 miles of Aso Rock, but if I want to blame someone for a crime, I would readily have facts to back me up.

Look at my previous posts and you will understand that I don't do merry go round arguements and as such I am out of this one unless you can prove that it is illegal to go to court to present your case.
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by emmydee(m): 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2010
sharaaaaaaaaap all of u crticizing Nzeribe.

Am not suggesting the military should take power, but meeeeeeen, our politicians just dont learn any form of lessons
See how they pack our money. see how they muddle up wit election issues.
see how our judiciary is  messed up.
see how they hold on so tight to power as if it belongs to them.
Obasanjo came out from prison (luckily) ruled for 8 years still wanted a 3rd term.
President Yar'Adua is incapacitated for months now, still he's holding on to power.
Imagine Army commander being informed by d state governor about possible attacks, he switched off his phone thereafter and did nothing.
What else will I say.

May be if we break this COUNTRY into 103 pieces, we might find our bearing a little bit.

May be we should be talking about that rather than talking about Acting president, Jos crises, minister this, minister that, judiciary this & that.

What have we ever done well as a nation. Just this GSM that is very unreliable?
haba!
Re: Nzeribe At It Again; Calls On Military To Take Over! by Dede1(m): 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

But would he have that voice in a military setup? You make the point that everyone has a voice in a democratic setting but isnt it counter-productive to then invite the military?

Democracy is not about productive or counter-productive. It is about rule of law which states that a person has privilege to do as the person wishes within the law. Nigeria is practicing the so-called democracy as such grants Chief Nzeribe the inalienable rights to voice his opinion freely. You can not seem to defend and uphold the spirit of democracy while trying very hard to silence the dissenters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Army To Recruit Eligible IDPs / Peter Obi Blasts Buhari’s Subsidy Policy, Says "We Are Paying For Inefficiency" / FG To Execute $3.8 Billion Gas Supply Agreement In May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.