Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" (50887 Views)

Iyabo Ojo 'I Was Born Rich, Married Poor & Now I’m Staying Rich Forever' / Iyabo Ojo: I Was Labelled Blockhead, Today I Employ Graduates (Photos) / Iyabo Ojo: "I Was 19 Years In The Choir" (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by VivaLaFrans: 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
RSVP:
''we shouldn ’t deceive ourselves . It is a choice to die in poverty and I have chosen not to die in poverty . I cannot flow with someone who wants to die in poverty''

She's actually making sense... Who no like beta thing

Won't blame her.
What kind of poverty do you mean

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by iriakanns(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
enu oshe, enu oshe, ariwo ko ni marriage. empty barrels!!
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
That's her opinion. I think we should all respect it. For me, she is a sincere person because life is all about choice and she has just stated her own.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by shineeye1: 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
Misleading headline. She only said- "i am not ready to add any man’s problems to mine. I don’t need the man to be very rich, but he must be able to feed himself and me. You don’t even have to cater for my other responsibilities.” Now, that is the least you would reasonably expect from a person of her attained status.

By the way, the fear of poverty is the origin of another dreaded kind of poverty -- mental poverty. For fear of reducing their fortune, many have unwittingly lost their greatest happiness in life.

You may be rich and then find a reasonable partner who , though less empowered, would jointly build greater fortune with a priceless bonus of marital happiness and fulfilment. The wisdom of God is always hidden from the vain at heart but open to the pure hearted

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Eeroh95(m): 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
This type of mentality ruins the younger ones
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by olasaad(f): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2017
Adaumunocha:
That's her standard... Many people will spite her for that comment.
It take cognitive maturity and rational reasoning to really understand this woman.

Nairalander pls who is this man again
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by valETA1(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
Even though am nt poor bt the last time i checked no poor man wants to marry a fairly used

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by purples25(f): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
It is not good to degrade anyone for any reason and I believe she is only saying her mind, not insulting poor men.

Men always go for ' ready made' beauties ( young, fresh, beautiful, educated ) but always expect a woman to never have a choice and shun male versions of ' already made' men.

Because men are the only ones that have a right to pick what they like undecided

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by kwankwaso(m): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
She didn't ask for much
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by cooltola(m): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
Instead of her saying she cannot marry a poor man. she could have said I cannot marry a lazy man.
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by asawanathegreat(m): 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
Shame on u. U go old for house continue to bleach ur body to look younger stretch marks await u and very soon no man will look ur way again.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by kelechi50: 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jimi23:
What do you do for a living ma. Yorubs movie wey no reach 20k per movie? Your spa self no single customer. Abi na money ritual you do because even the olosho wey u dey do nor too pay you.
yet she can afford a car for herself and pa and also have a fame, what have you

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Funkybabee(f): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2017
She is saying the fact,woman should stop pretending

Carry on mama d mama
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2017
Honestly I can't just marry an actress.
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
Adaumunocha:
That's her standard... Many people will spite her for that comment.
It take cognitive maturity and rational reasoning to really understand this woman.
i think I understood what she is trying to Articulate. Besides I wouldn't want me wife to marry me if I am poor, i wouldn't want my wife to want me to be poor. I wouldn't want any woman to marry a poor man like me. grin I am very materialistic, i like and enjoy a nice and comfortable lifestyle and to maintain and sustain that lifestyle I need money!
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by emmie14: 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
BreezyCB:
Olosho

God knows this lady represents the mind of women of today. They pretend that money is not everything but at the end is all about money. She is plain and honest. Indeed poverty is curse. Nobody wants to live with that.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by morbeta(m): 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
In as much as I don't wish you I'll luck, when small health challenge comes....you will take to social media soliciting for financial contribution.

Most Nigeria celebrities die poor.
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by adetes: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
U don't v to remarry since u v grown up children, face ur businesses and take care of them
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Larrey(f): 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
BigPappi:

Very matured comment. Your are a rear gem on nairaland.
hmmm,i am flattered ooooo. Thanks
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by RSVP: 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
victorioushands:

And you think your words are from "power of positive thinking?'

Lol.

All you spoke here about yourself poverty and poverty. It smells like you were born into it and it has refused to leave you, hence the vehement rejection as if it will make it leave you.

Hahahaha

Now I know why your mum hate you so much...
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
The man is expected to bring love, money, care etc while you bring 'just' love to the table.

My dear, YOU ARE A GOLD DIGGER!

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by maasoap(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
Olalan:
She's honest, people might not like her statement but unfortunately its the truth, for someone who wants to keep a celebrity status lifestyle. [/b] BTW Money is a critical issue in marriage.[/b]
Did she marry a poor man last time? You see, 99% of these celebrities placed emphasis on money, must marry a rich guy and end up with a mismatch. The next thing you hear is marriage crash.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by kt3tu(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
She dey tell you say she be runs girl. Understanding na!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
Great4God:
Why do people find it offensive when people express their displeasure to associated with poverty,this makes me to begin to ask if some people like poverty or like being poor,is there any thing that is bad about her expression, She cant marry a poor man, and she went ahead to even give her reasons,look, we are free to choose what we want in this life, if your choice is to associate with poverty, that is up to you, another person has choosen not to, why then the insults here and there, na waooooo
Bless you brother!
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
I think she is confused, because her expectation of a man is on the poor man bracket, she says she wants a man who can feed her and himself and that she can take care of her other needs. Such a man who only feeds you is a complete poor man. So, I think it is better she understands what it means to be wealthy. Being wealthy, the wife of a wealthy man is too busy to be a celebrity. To proof what ? To who ? Gerara here mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
She is not far from the truth, most ladies love their guy very well if he is rich or buoyant enough cos he give them lots of money and care for all their financial needs, who wan suffer kwanu?
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
She is Right no money no love! Gone are those days when women sticks with a poor man hopping that one day he will be rich. And in the end they both die poor.
Infact only in the movies do love without money exist. It doesn't even exist in the movies Anymore nowadays because no one will watch it. cheesy cheesy
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by Cfan: 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
With this your ecient old face laid with nine inches foundation blocks, sorry mistress will be your surname as will men also decided not to marry poor woman like you because you are mentally poor. Who even care about the expired things you carried about ? Bleep off
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by totorimi: 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
She can say that because God answered her prayers she made it.

There are millions out there still struggling but yet to make it but things can change she better not forget that.
Rather let her pray for a God sent man that will make her life complete.
Re: Iyabo Ojo: "I Can’t Marry A Poor Man, No Love Without Money" by nairaebuka: 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
There is nothing wrong in what she has said. Any man wanting to marry her must be ready to take care of her , have drive for success and be comfortable. Those are three basics that women ignore and run into trouble. A man must have a home, be productive, either by being self-employed or gainfully employed and must be ready for marriage, which implies being ready to shoulder the responsibilities that comes with it.

She is absolutely right. Additionally everyone has a past. In-short someone once said that '' there is no difference between someone who is not married and is not a virgin, be you a man or woman from a commercial sex worker because people who are not married and engage in sexual activities are traders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mompha Buys Same Bentley As Hushpuppi For Wife On Val / Mike Ezuruonye's Cute Son Plays Football.. See The Photos / Video Of Late Junior Pope In A Boat Few Hours Before He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.