Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) - Business To Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) (56933 Views)

Newly Imported Cat 950f Payloader For Hire.....HEAVY EQUIPMENT LEASING / Equipment Leasing And Hiring Business Plan. / Equipment Leasing: Dry-cleaning And Laundry Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by oludunamis(m): 7:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ debydave/dru23

Nice speaking with you both. Lets keep in touch, will update you with findings of my trip to Naija

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
dru23:

to Mr. Omolayo

and the only reason am concern about the 980 is because its a bit cheaper than the 950 its cheaper. i also spoke to someone abt the 980 and he stated that if the 980 is cheaper than the 950 . i shuld get the 980 than,. the 980b is much better, am confuse coz am getting diffrent story. but the 980 is the i can efford for now. plz anybody can feel free to express what they think. especially mr. omolayo. and also what about the Hitach excaavtor are they good ? they are jappanse product. i knwn anything jappase is pretty good

sorry for late reply, i was so busy doing my thing on the sites.

980 payloader is good as a machine considering all the attractive factors you mentioned above but we need to considered the most important factors such as marketability, maintainance and the period its can stay in business within the year.

Having said that, there are alot of places where you can use it in Nigeria like up-north or down south west like Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo and so on. the bigger the machine some time the bigger the problem when any fault occur,i will advise that you are asured by somebody to put it into work with agreed price and time of usage before you buy one.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by dru23(m): 10:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
To: omolayo1,
thank you very much for your reply. i think for now i will try my chance with a 980b. its something i can efford for now and i will take it from. and also hoping to do buiness with you in the near future. thank you for your respose and also to the people tha i spoke to yesterday and today. lets try and keep in touch
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
debbydave:

@oludunamis,

I will send you a mail when i get home. I spoke with dru23 and I really enjoyed our discussion. smiley.
@ dru23,
  I believe we can be of immense help to one another. "The sky is big enough for every bird to fly without hindering one another".
@omolayo1;
professor any more information  grin

People come into business for different reasons.
some come to stay while some come for touch and go.

Your reason to this business determine how far you can go,if you are coming to stay then buy the marketable machine to start with but if you are considering touch and go,the option is there.

for now, we have less than  three month for peak period for the payloeder while we patiently and lowly work through raining season hoping for another dry season.  meanwhile you can buy your machine during this period if you don't mind to introduce it slowly into the market,this is not met for touch and go investors.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
dru23:

To: omolayo1,
            thank you very much for your reply. i think for now i will try my chance with a 980b. its something i can efford for now and i will take it from. and also hoping to do buiness with you in the near future. thank you for your respose and also to the people tha i spoke to yesterday and today. lets try and keep in touch

The higher the risk the higher the income my teacher thought me. 

Proper Preparation Prevent Poor Performance

T
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by dru23(m): 4:07pm On Mar 03, 2011
To all my nairaland members i have a 1998 ford ranger in Lagos that am trying to sell below all the rangers specs

1. 1998 ford ranger with cabin doors new from the states
2. 5speed and comes with 4by4
3. the price is going for 1.2million naira. price is negatioable
4. My contact person is Dare and his phone is 0802 700 5881 or 0805 726 7913 and u can email@ dru23@hotmail.com
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by jamesyins(m): 8:50pm On Mar 07, 2011
How much does it cost to hire a lowloader to transport excavators from port to anywhere in Lagos.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by dru23(m): 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2011
"A arm and a long" bro, its expensive it shouldn't be more than 100k. depending on the distance
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by dru23(m): 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2011
" i meet "a arm and a leg"
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by jamesyins(m): 11:13am On Mar 08, 2011
wa ooo that much, so to places like lekki, ajah will cost 100K

The people in lowloader business must be making alot of money then

Thanks
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2011
jamesyins:

How much does it cost to hire a lowloader to transport excavators from port to anywhere in Lagos.

I can get you 80k to ajah/lekki.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by jamesyins(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2011
@omolayo1

Is there a market for lowloaders and on average, how much can one take home.

Do I have to pay the driver
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 8:25pm On Mar 08, 2011
jamesyins:

@omolayo1

Is there a market for lowloaders and on average, how much can one take home.

Do I have to pay the driver

The market is not bad at all. If you can get 50 to 60 tons bed with good head then you are in lowbed business while you have to consider whether to do interstate,local or both.

when you decide to do only local, you will be expecting btw 600,000 to 800,000 in a month while if you do both you get something btw 800,000 to 1.2m naira in a month.

YES you need to hire a driver and motor boy for the business. For smooth introduction of your lowloader to the market,you need to be connected to a company or individual who know who is who in the equipment business.

The business is not daily money making like tipper but like every other haulage with a different.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by jamesyins(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2011
Thank omolayo1, God bless you wink
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by alwafa(m): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2011
If anyone interested to buy used Caterpillar 966g Year Model 2001-2004, please email us at aimn@alwafaequipment.com or you can visit our website at www.alwafaequipment.com

Best Regards,
Aimn

1 Like

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by alwafa(m): 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2011
We have also used Caterpillar Motor Grader 140g, Year Model 1989-1996. All equipments are well-maintained. Contact us if you are interested.

Aimn Blbol
aimn@alwafaequipment.com
www.alwafaequipment.com

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by Nelton(m): 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2011
Man diesel dump truck (3 axles, auxilary, 10 tyres 20-30 tons, Meiler steel bucket) available for sale. Pls contact teokoro@yahoo.com or 08034984704
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by ypj930: 3:36am On Mar 11, 2011
We can supply full range of XCMG brand construction machinery from China.

Please let us know if you need XCMG brand construction machinery such as wheel loader,motor grader,excavator,crane.

SIGNATURE:KENTYANG
Shanghai Reden Industrial Co.,Ltd
Tel:86-21-58501261Ext.102
Fax:86-21-58501346
mobile phone: 8613764929995
MSN: ypj930@gmail.com
Gtalk: ypj930@gmail.com
Http: www.reden.com.cn
Top specialized provider of China construction machinery,spare parts and service

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by ypj930: 3:39am On Mar 11, 2011
XCMG brand GR180 motor grader,

SIGNATURE:KENTYANG
Shanghai Reden Industrial Co.,Ltd
Tel:86-21-58501261Ext.102
Fax:86-21-58501346
mobile phone: 8613764929995
MSN: ypj930@gmail.com
Gtalk: ypj930@gmail.com
Http: www.reden.com.cn
Top specialized provider of China construction machinery,spare parts and service

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by dru23(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2011
AM SORRY TO SAY. CHINA CAN GO TO HELL WITH THEIR MACHINERY EQUIPMENT OH. ITS NOT EVEN WORTH BUYING OR LOOKING AT. I DONT EVEN KNOWN WHO OUT THEIR WILL BUY A CHINA MADE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT. THIS IS THE REASON WHY NIGERIA HAS BECOME A DUMPING GROUND FOR CHINA PRODUCTS. CHINA WILL HAVE TO CATCH UP BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING EQUIPMENT CAN BE BOUGHT BY ME. WHICH I BELIFE IS NOT ANYTIME SOON. PLEASE PEOPLE TO BE WARN STAY AWAY I MEAN STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM CHINA MADE MACHINERY EQUIPMENT .
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by ypj930: 5:48am On Mar 13, 2011
China machinery contribute a lot to the world with high quality and competitive price though there is existing problems in oversea market.
But XCMG is trying best to complete market after-sale service and spare parts supply.Satisfy customers needs is our pursuing.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 8:39am On Mar 13, 2011
dru23:

AM SORRY TO SAY. CHINA CAN GO TO HELL WITH THEIR MACHINERY EQUIPMENT OH. ITS NOT EVEN WORTH BUYING OR LOOKING AT. I DONT EVEN KNOWN WHO OUT THEIR WILL BUY A CHINA MADE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT. THIS IS THE REASON WHY NIGERIA HAS BECOME A DUMPING GROUND FOR CHINA PRODUCTS. CHINA WILL HAVE TO CATCH UP BEFORE BUYING ANYTHING EQUIPMENT CAN BE BOUGHT BY ME. WHICH I BELIFE IS NOT ANYTIME SOON. PLEASE PEOPLE TO BE WARN STAY AWAY I MEAN STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM CHINA MADE MACHINERY EQUIPMENT .

china machinery are not that bad. The problem in using chaglin is the choice of place and maintenance,their machines are not rugged compared to other makers. But the truth is that every equipments makers has their market with the rules and regulations to make it work effectively and efficiently.

Let me give you one senerio. In Nigeria, we all believe in caterpiller product because that is what we all used to both the users and mechanics even considering every other factors that can make machine work effectively but Hi-tech came with a surprise by using volvo products for most of their projects. All you need to considered when buying any other product is the availabilities of the relevant factors that will make the product work to its best usage. I was told that Hi-tech sent some of their staff abroad to be trained how to operate and maintain volvo product even brought in expertrate to the country, so if you ask them their best machine they may tell you that volvo product is the best.

I have seen a Chinese machines bought very new and it doesn't work for 6 months while another bought his own for the past 4 years now and is still working. These are thesame product with thesame accessories but manage by different people with different ideas towards maintenance.

Above all, caterpiller has no strong competitors as far as nigeria is concerns.

1 Like

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by plantman: 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2011
ALL CHINA MACHINE CAN ONLY SREVE YOU FOR ONLY 2YRS THEN WHY GO FOR SUCH EQUIPMENT. IN NIGERIA CAT MACHINE ARE GOOD AND REALIABLE WITH BETTER TECHNICAL HAND TO MAINTAIN THEM. BE WISE
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by plantman: 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2011
alwafa:

We have also used Caterpillar Motor Grader 140g, Year Model 1989-1996. All equipments are well-maintained. Contact us if you are interested.

Aimn Blbol
aimn@alwafaequipment.com
www.alwafaequipment.com
PLEAS LET KNOWN THE PRICE FOR THE PAYLOADER 966G OR ANY 950 MODEL YOU HAVE AND MY EMAIL samqa4@yahoo.com or 08036470474 it urgent pls.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2011
I believe we all agreed on the maintaining equipment but i also believe that most of our maintainance ideas does not in most cases go beyond servicing and call the technician when anything goes wrong.

Maintainance of the equipment(s) goes beyond this, it goes beyond only knowing how to operate or calling the technician. You need experience to know how to detect/suspect change in the performance of the machine in all ramification.

To become a good manager for any heavy weight equipment, you need to have knowledge of how to foreseen fault,how to prevent fault,when to deal with fault,whom to correct the fault and what to do after the correction even how to manage the operator/client.

i will deliberate more on the foreseen,when and whom to correct the fault for now.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by neenee: 2:36pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ omolayo1

I happened upon this link by mistake, but am really glad I did. I'm a British born Nigerian and lived in London all my life. Always been coming and going on vacation so have maintained links with my family.

It is so refreshing to see someone freely giving of their knowledge and expertise, which believe me is not a common occurrence. You seem to know your stuff (I followed the tread) and it's fascinating to learn so much in so few pages. It seems mostly men on this link tho, I don't suppose there are many sisters who have this at the top of their lists of possible business opportunities grin.

I will definitely continue to follow it. I'll be in Nigeria this summer for an extended stay (4 mths), as my Dad has now retired back to Lagos. I'm currently looking at opportunities for viable business ventures (encouraged by parents) and would be interested to email you nearer the time to have a chat.

On other forums if you say you are interested in something, you then get bombarded by an avalanche of emails with suggestions of get rich quick schemes; I'm not interested. I may be Tokunbo, but I'm not stupid! I want something sustainable, that can give my family an income over the medium term, which is why I like your approach.

Take care
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2011
Failing to make repairs to that equipment due to a poor equipment maintenance policy is simply not good business. Running through a maintenance checklist can take as little as 15 minutes a day and may easily catch a problem before it becomes several days' lost work due to equipment repairs. Poorly maintained heavy equipment may also pose a safety hazard to your machine/employees even people on the site where u are working.

Set a schedule for equipment maintenance and stick to it. There are certain tasks to perform daily, while other tasks need completing on a longer schedule. Once you decide on a schedule, prepare a maintenance checklist.

Walk around each piece of heavy equipment in operation daily. While you perform a visual inspection, look for worn parts and signs of oil or coolant leakage. Make sure to inflate tires if its payloader to the required pressure. Take time to clean debris away from the machine, it may be tiring after long working hours anyway but very good. Tension chains to make sure there isn't too much slack in them. Lubricate linkages or movable parts that call for daily grease. Make sure safety signage and safety equipment is in place if possible . Check the fluid levels on oils, coolant and hydraulics. Top them up as needed. Failure to keep the proper amounts of fluids in your heavy equipment can shorten its life. Check the air filter and clean it if necessary.

we are going there and we shall get there.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by temba11: 12:34am On Mar 22, 2011
@Omotayo

Thanks a lot for your posts. They are so refreshing, and educative. Can you, please educate me on the following questions?

1. Which of the following Caterpillar Track Excavator models would you strongly recommend for an Investor in this business - 312S, 312C, 320CL, 320C, and 320BL. I am quite confused about which of these models to invest on.

2. Do you think the 312 models are big/strong enough for the Nigerian terrain?

3. Have you got any ideas about Tipper (Dump Trucks) leasing/renting operations?

4. What Income estimate can I expect from a 20-tonne Tipper per day?

Many thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by omolayo1(m): 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
temba_11:

@Omotayo

Thanks a lot for your posts. They are so refreshing, and educative. Can you, please educate me on the following questions?

1. Which of the following Caterpillar Track Excavator models would you strongly recommend for an Investor in this business - 312S, 312C, 320CL, 320C, and 320BL. I am quite confused about which of  these models to invest on.

2. Do you think the 312 models are big/strong enough for the Nigerian terrain?

3. Have you got any ideas about Tipper (Dump Trucks) leasing/renting operations?

4. What Income estimate can I expect from a 20-tonne Tipper per day?

Many thanks.

If u are considering one among all,then go for 320cl is the best as far as my experience is concerned.  312s are also good but not for some part of the country and their strongness are not to be compared with 315 and above.
Tipper business is good for those who are in the business with all experiences concerning the drivers,mechanics even the manager.  all eyes open business with strong mind.
For a grade A tipper is 25000 per day while some are 20000 depends on  your arrengment with the manager or driver.
Re: Equipment Leasing / Renting (construction) by temba11: 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2011
@omotayo1

Thanks a lot for the response. God bless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Links To Haulage Threads / Quality Nigerian Made Kitchen And Bakery Equipment / Sell your dead or faulty laptop to us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.