Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,589 members, 7,823,552 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended (64480 Views)

36 State Governors, The Universities They Attended And Course They Studied / 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended / Meet Late Musa Yar'adua's Daughters, All Married To Former State Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by gawu1: 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

If the head is rotten, there is nothing anybody can do about it..... undecided
Your mandella of Otouke was a Ph.d. holder, even simple expression was hard nut to crack to him. That was why he ended up being an inefficient buffoon.
Of the first ladies nigeria has had, the wife of your mandella turned out to be not only ''the best english language speaker'' but also the most uncultured and mannerless first lady. Yet she claims first degree.

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by NASTYNASOSO: 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
HMMMMMMMMM

UMAR GANDUJE KANO STATE GOVERNOR

He obtained his first master's degree in applied educational psychology from Bayero University Kano, located in Kano, Kano State, in 1979 and later returned to Ahmadu Bello University from 1984 to 1985 for a Master of Public Administration degree. Not satisfied, Ganduje went to the University of Ibadan, located in Ibadan, Oyo State, for a Doctor of Public Administration degree between 1989 and 1993
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by joelfm(m): 11:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
rumours:

Forget that thing. The question is why and how? Not that ABU leads. We need to know how they got their admission. Who said they wouldn't have preferred the great UniLag, UNN, OAU or UI. I think they focussed on catchment area where quota system will favor them. You know these guys are quota system people naaa! They hardly merit what is given to them. So leave that matter of ABU leading the pack. Don't take things by their face value. It is good to be deep. Go and research my submission.

Bad belle
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by micflo28(m): 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
Why this Rocha's dey disconnect like this, you enter university see B.Ed., B.Sc., B.Eng., LLB, MBBS, you leave them go collect diploma. Chai... IMO people DPN capture okikpo.

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by micflo28(m): 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
Why this Rocha's dey disconnect like this, you enter university see B.Ed., B.Sc., B.Eng., LLB, MBBS, you leave them go collect diploma. Chai... IMO people Doncapture okikpo.

1 Like

Why this Rocha's dey disconnect like this, you enter university see B.Ed., B.Sc., B.Eng., LLB, MBBS, you leave them go collect diploma. Chai... IMO people Don capture okikpo.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by gloryman91: 2:24am On Oct 20, 2017
Ajimobi the constituted authority gomina so that is why you are uncultured and arrogant to olubadan and Oyo state people in general. Oma se o.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Suuuru: 3:17am On Oct 20, 2017
I am happy, there is no Toronto University Certificates this time around.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Freemanalee(m): 3:39am On Oct 20, 2017
impressive!
meanwhile, start your day positively with this
http://www.bluevoiceradio.com.ng/2017/10/music-freeman-alee-try-over-come-world.html
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Firsthamtech: 6:28am On Oct 20, 2017
I rep ABU
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by OBAnkemi: 6:46am On Oct 20, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:
The president nko? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The President went to military academies only. Including one in d usa which 2day awards M.Sc (although when Buhari was a student there d academy wasn't awarding Masters degree).
Saying Buhari didn't go to school is akin to saying Rev Fathers in d catholic church ain't educated! They graduate frm d Major Seminary with two first degrees (1. Philosophy; 2. Theology). And that's why they can proceed for Masters and then PhD in any university in d world once they graduate frm d Major Seminary.
As it is 2day, Buhari can use his military academy certificates to enroll in any University for a Masters and then a PhD if he decides to.

2 Likes

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by akanbiaa(m): 6:46am On Oct 20, 2017
blinkz4real:

Dt is y we re naturally ahead. Proudly abusite.
I think they are much because that was the main University available for northern Nigeria when the governors studied back then,and the division of states by military Presidents that gave north more states than other regions because most military presidents and canals calling the shots are northerners.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by bilulu(m): 6:51am On Oct 20, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
brother, are u an abusite?
brother am not....
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by OBAnkemi: 6:53am On Oct 20, 2017
mechanics:
Nice, atleast they are all graduates.

A number of them are not graduates joor!
All dos certificates courses don't make u a graduate at all......Rochas, Bello Masari and d gov of Zamfara are not graduates
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by OBAnkemi: 7:15am On Oct 20, 2017
Lomprico2:

This is how you people failed waec! angry

Am asking u a question u are telling me of professional course. Have u seen anyone that went straight for masters from secondary school?

BUHARI'S MILITARy TRAINNING;

Buhari joined the Nigerian Army by enrolling in the Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) in 1961. In February 1964, the college was upgraded to an officer commissioning unit of the Nigerian Army and renamed the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) (prior to 1964, the Nigerian government sent cadets who had completed their NMTC preliminary training to mostly Commonwealth military academies for officer cadet training). From 1962 to 1963, Buhari underwent officer cadet training at Mons Officer Cadet School in Aldershot in England.

In January 1963, Buhari was commissioned a second lieutenant (NOTE; up till date in the Nigerian Army u must be a graduate to make 2nd Lieutenant) and appointed Platoon Commander of the Second Infantry Battalion in Abeokuta, Nigeria. From November 1963 to January 1964, Buhari attended the Platoon Commanders' Course at the Nigerian Military Training College, Kaduna. In 1964, he facilitated his military training by attending the Mechanical Transport Officer's Course at the Army Mechanical Transport School in Borden, United Kingdom.

From 1978 to 1979, he was Military Secretary at the Army Headquarters and was a member of the Supreme Military Council from 1978 to 1979.

From 1979 to 1980, at the rank of colonel, Buhari (class of 1980) attended the US Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, in the United States, and gained a Masters Degree in Strategic Studies.

Upon completion of the on-campus full-time resident program lasting ten months and the two-year-long, distance learning program, the United States Army War College (USAWC) college awards its graduate officers a master's degree in Strategic Studies.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by lastempero: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
It's never a suprise Fayose wasn't among the university attenndants, he acts like a polyte tho. It's worthy of note that Abu Zaria has 40% of the list, that's one among reasons i've choosed to do my LLB D.E in that alma mater, can't wait for Unilorin to free me(fresh finalist tho). Also hands up for University of Ibadan and Unilag for their fabulous products too. Buh wait o my governor (mr constituted authority) get raba o only him and Adamawa governor studied abroad, i see he cares little about education in my dear state. And finally to 0p, a great job you've done, God bless you dude thanks for your time.

Pray to attain his height with ur almighty degree in the future and come to think of it,are u still an undergraduate?
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2017
lastempero:

Pray to attain his height with ur almighty degree in the future and come to think of it,are u still an undergraduate?
yes bro
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Nigeriadondie: 7:29am On Oct 20, 2017
The education they acquired has been of no use as they have nothing contributed anything positive but to embezzle public funds.

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by uwajeh(m): 7:36am On Oct 20, 2017
Governor Rochas Okorocha actually studied law at University of Jos on a part-time basis and obtained his LL.B sometime between 2003 - 2005, I can't remember precisely. That was before the Council for Legal Education and NUC banned Part-time law.

Though I believe he never attended Law School.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by rumours: 7:36am On Oct 20, 2017
adanny01:

Hmmmmm

U gat issues!

Yeah. I have issues with QUOTA SYSTEM. In fact I hate it. That is part of why Nigeria is not working. I want merit to be the basis for every consideration in Nigeria. Are you aware that in Northern Nigeria, people score 10 and less to get admitted into the Federal Govt Colleges? Whereas in Southern Nigeria, people score 139 - same exam, same admission. Does it make sense. It is the same thing even in their higher institutions. You and I know this except you are pretending.

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Lomprico2: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2017
OBAnkemi:

BUHARI'S MILITARy TRAINNING;

Buhari joined the Nigerian Army by enrolling in the Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) in 1961. In February 1964, the college was upgraded to an officer commissioning unit of the Nigerian Army and renamed the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) (prior to 1964, the Nigerian government sent cadets who had completed their NMTC preliminary training to mostly Commonwealth military academies for officer cadet training). From 1962 to 1963, Buhari underwent officer cadet training at Mons Officer Cadet School in Aldershot in England.

In January 1963, Buhari was commissioned a second lieutenant (NOTE; up till date in the Nigerian Army u must be a graduate to make 2nd Lieutenant) and appointed Platoon Commander of the Second Infantry Battalion in Abeokuta, Nigeria. From November 1963 to January 1964, Buhari attended the Platoon Commanders' Course at the Nigerian Military Training College, Kaduna. In 1964, he facilitated his military training by attending the Mechanical Transport Officer's Course at the Army Mechanical Transport School in Borden, United Kingdom.

From 1978 to 1979, he was Military Secretary at the Army Headquarters and was a member of the Supreme Military Council from 1978 to 1979.

From 1979 to 1980, at the rank of colonel, Buhari (class of 1980) attended the US Army War College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, in the United States, and gained a Masters Degree in Strategic Studies.

Upon completion of the on-campus full-time resident program lasting ten months and the two-year-long, distance learning program, the United States Army War College (USAWC) college awards its graduate officers a master's degree in Strategic Studies.

Did he meet the minimum requirement of wasce certificate for enrolment into d army? Capital NO! He go in tru d back door. That was when he started corruption officially!
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by oladeebo: 8:38am On Oct 20, 2017
rumours:

Yeah. I have issues with QUOTA SYSTEM. In fact I hate it. That is part of why Nigeria is not working. I want merit to be the basis for every consideration in Nigeria. Are you aware that in Northern Nigeria, people score 10 and less to get admitted into the Federal Govt Colleges? Whereas in Southern Nigeria, people score 139 - same exam, same admission. Does it make sense. It is the same thing even in their higher institutions. You and I know this except you are pretending.
rumours.
but you should have face the reality here!
majority governors who passed out from ABU or North were not only Northerner and the admission is never restricted to Non-Northerner why rely on rumours for your fact?
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by mechanics(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2017
OBAnkemi:

A number of them are not graduates joor!
All dos certificates courses don't make u a graduate at all......Rochas, Bello Masari and d gov of Zamfara are not graduates
hahahahahah, really?
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Kadgum: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2017
What did Masari do to this guy?
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by omoelerin1: 9:25am On Oct 20, 2017
It is very obvious that the parents of most of them could not afford to send them to foreign Universities. I want to believe they all attended public primary and secondary schools.
One of the reasons why our education system collapsed today is because these people do send their kids to foreign nations to study. The same in the health sector.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by rumours: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2017
oladeebo:

rumours.
but you should have face the reality here!
majority governors who passed out from ABU or North were not only Northerner and the admission is never restricted to Non-Northerner why rely on rumours for your fact?

I can't place your point really. What reality? I just told you the harm the reality of quota system is doing to our system. I'm NOT also saying that there are no quality and qualified people from ABU and the North. Really I don't get your drift. The fact remains that considerations/criteria are usually watered down to accommodate mediocrity in the North. And ABU is not an exception.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by lastempero: 9:48am On Oct 20, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

yes bro

K.sail well bro
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Austin234(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2017
This list is incomplete without Buhari's credentials
dagreensblog:

Source: http://dagreensblog..co.ke/2017/10/check-out-higher-institutions-and.html?m=1
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by oladeebo: 10:39am On Oct 20, 2017
rumours:

I can't place your point really. What reality? I just told you the harm the reality of quota system is doing to our system. I'm NOT also saying that there are no quality and qualified people from ABU and the North. Really I don't get your drift. The fact remains that considerations/criteria are usually watered down to accommodate mediocrity in the North. And ABU is not an exception.
...go through these Northern institution admission lists, over 65% of students & staffs were from the South!
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by blackboy2star(m): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2017
University of Tech has a Law faculty? I'm not understanding Nigeria education system lipsrsealed

RIVERS STATE
Governor Ezenwo Nyesom Wike of Rivers state studied law in the Rivers state university of science and technology.

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by adanny01(m): 11:20am On Oct 20, 2017
rumours:

The fact that i didnt say anything does not mean i dont have an opinion.

I agree to the fact that merit should be one of the basis for admissions and employments but i dont agree it is the only basis.

For example, there are jobs suited only for 1st class graduates and there are others suited for 3rd class graduates only. A 1st class graduate may not perform well in such roles. I have seen such play out severally. I have attended test and exams with 1st class and 2-1 graduates of other schools and have scored higher than some. What becomes of merit in such a case?

Have you imagined what would have become of Nigeria by now if the quota system wasn't initiated?

Dont forget, quota is not 100% of admissions. Do you know that 10% of admissions is at the discretion of the university administrations. 90% is shared 50-50 for merit and quota. Furthermore, the quota is shared between catchment area and educationally less developed states 25-20% respectively.

Do you understand the implication of that quota? Back then, when my father went to primary school, school fees wasnt heard of up to university level. They were given uniforms, fed food their parents couldn't afford, they only had to show up at school enroll and pass exams and everything flows till you get employed almost automatically.

The quota system came because population exploded and government couldnt do all those things. There were too many qualified for admissions and schools couldnt take them. Schools had to drop some. Its not real to say we want to graduate only 1st class. So who will be a civil servant? The society we live in encaurages striking a balance. That balance includes dropping some who had merit.

Look at the situation where Ogun state for example has the most merited candidates in a UTME exam. They will all be admitted before the next state. Say the next 3 states are South west states, by the time you get to the 4th state there is no longer space for admission. So even some on merit would not get admissions. Then the educationally less developed states will continue to backslide till they are ravaged by illiteracy and poverty. Then they become the eye sore of Nigeria. Their state governments cannot function. When there is illiteracy and poverty, crime takes over. Armed robbers of Nigeria will be of a particular region. They become outcast, discriminated and hated. Then war looms.

In our small family units, boys usually have more merit than girls, but girls are given more educational support than boys. I have 2 sisters, my pocket money during secondary was less than a quarter of theirs. Today we are all married, whatever financial challenge they have, my parents assisted them but not me. Its not because they are more loved. In secondary school i used to cry whether am not truly birthed by my parents. Today i have realised that it is a natural thjng to support the weak and let the strong struggle. The strong will survive using his strength.

The quota is meant to bring a societal balance and its working even though the system isnt working perfectly. We are supposed to have more schools that the quota system will dessipate but reverse is the case.

If you are qualified for admissions by merit and you didnt get admission, its government failure not a bad quota system.

Let me bore you a little more. When NECO came and gave credits anyhow, universities even in the north were not happy. University admissions double but what happened, mass failure. My set in the uni was 50 the next set was 150 for the very 1st time in the history of the department. By graduation, my class was 25 but the next set was 40. Imagine how they were trimmed down. All these things balances out.

I can continue but let me stop here, i believe i have made a lot of points for you to digest.

Lastly, dont forget that no one graduates with less than 5 credits in o level. Thats what qualifies you for admission not JAMB. Jamb is a result of failed educational system. What is the equivalent of Jamb in US or UK?

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by uzolexis(f): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
rumours:
#Copied..

This brilliant piece by Gani Kayode Jr Balogun might give you a better understanding of Dinogate

ABU AND ABUSES

Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria started its existence as a regional university, just like its contemporaries, University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University, ile Ife, established by the government of Western Region, and the deceitfully named University of Nigeria, Nsukka, established by the Eastern Regional government.

Why use the term "deceitfully named" for UNN? What is deceitful about the name? That term made the write up loose credibility for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Ondo Rally Vs Nigerian Wedding Reception - Reno Omokri / Fayose Inspects Dualized Awedele Road (Pics) / Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.