Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,048 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended (64486 Views)

36 State Governors, The Universities They Attended And Course They Studied / 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended / Meet Late Musa Yar'adua's Daughters, All Married To Former State Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by kokoA(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
"great ife, great ife.." we no go hear word... Only one governor out of 36. Smh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by NEWTONDEGREAT(m): 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
Only Ebonyi and Osun have governors... only engineers can lead well
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by hikmojj(m): 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
Ahmadu Bello University.....So great So unique.....We are Naturally Ahead

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Funnyguy83: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
It's never a suprise Fayose wasn't among the university attenndants, he acts like a polyte tho. It's worthy of note that Abu Zaria has 40% of the list, that's one among reasons i've choosen to do my LLB D.E in that alma matter, can't wait for Unilorin to free me(fresh finalist tho). Also hands up for University of Ibadan and Unilag for their fabulous products too. Buh wait o my governor (mr constituted authority) get raba o only him and Adamawa governor studied abroad, i see he cares little about education in my dear state. And finally to 0p, a great job you've done, God bless you dude thanks for your time.
make una leave this guy abeg. My man dont mind the people quoting you upandan. You may be right i believe. But just know that Fayose is a Phd holder. Shalom !
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by woodmood: 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
ofuonyebi:
The funniest thing is that there was not even a single prof among them...
some of them, half baked educationist...little wonder their state is docile..
stagnant and going roundabout for 4-yrs!
Ben Ayade is a prof.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by ologuntheo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
wat of Dino melaye
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by emonkey(m): 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
Osun State Aregbesola has a C&G cerificate of Air conditioning Technician grin grin grin
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Amacaco: 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
ESUT was established in 1981 as Anambra state University. How could David Umahi have graduated from there as a civil Engineer in 1982.

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by dagreensblog: 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
mammanBD:
hw abt katsina state...couldnt find it

Here=>

KATSINA STATE
Aminu Bello Masari, The executive governor of Katsina state obtained a Diploma in Water Quality Control and Management from Middlesex Polytechnic, United Kingdom in 1982.

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
Damiriel:
I beg to correct you but fayose is a graduate of federal polytechnic ilaro ogun state
Sister u are wrong for that, the poster was right
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by dagreensblog: 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
castrol180:

This is very good idea, please what year did Lagos state governor (Ambode) finished from Lag at the age of 21

Governor Akinwumi Ambode of Lagos state graduated from the University of Lagos in the year 1984.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:29pm On Oct 19, 2017
ofuonyebi:

Benedict Agade was a prof
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
ofuonyebi:

Benedict Ayade was a prof
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
Amacaco:
ESUT was established in 1981 as Anambra state University. How could David Umahi have graduated from there as a civil Engineer in 1982.
Bros Pardon the Poster it was a mistake, He was admitted into Enugu State University of Science and Technology in 1982. He graduated in 1987 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. That's the fact.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by adanny01(m): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
I can see that 11 governors attended my alma mater.

An ABUSITE IS NATURALLY AHEAD OF YOU!

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by tishbite41(m): 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
myBETmostCAST:
learn to read before u comment... I said ex President
I'm really sorry for my error. let me just blame it on the alcohol.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by tishbite41(m): 9:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
icon8:

He/she said ex-President (i.e. Goodluck Jonathan)!!!
Learn to read and comprehend before commenting.
Ok?
buhari ADC e don do
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by mechanics(m): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
Nice, atleast they are all graduates.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Aminaforreal: 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
no Kastina state
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by rumours: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
abc115:
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU),Zaria leads the pack, while others follow

Forget that thing. The question is why and how? Not that ABU leads. We need to know how they got their admission. Who said they wouldn't have preferred the great UniLag, UNN, OAU or UI. I think they focussed on catchment area where quota system will favor them. You know these guys are quota system people naaa! They hardly merit what is given to them. So leave that matter of ABU leading the pack. Don't take things by their face value. It is good to be deep. Go and research my submission.

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by ndat(m): 10:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
majority goes to ABU #NATURALLY AHEAD

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by rumours: 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
adanny01:
I can see that 11 governors attended my alma mater.

An ABUSITE IS NATURALLY AHEAD OF YOU!

Forget that thing. Your Alma mater where you get quota system support abi! We need to know how they got their admission. Who said they wouldn't have preferred the great UniLag, UNN, OAU or UI. I think they focussed on catchment area where quota system will favor them. You know you guys are into quota system wella! You hardly get considerations on merit. So leave that matter of ABU being naturally ahead. Don't take things by their face value. It is good to be deep.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by ndat(m): 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2017
rumours:

Forget that thing. The question is why and how? Not that ABU leads. We need to know how they got their admission. Who said they wouldn't have preferred the great UniLag, UNN, OAU or UI. I think they focussed on catchment area where quota system will favor them. You know these guys are quota system people naaa! They hardly merit what is given to them. So leave that matter of ABU leading the pack. Don't take things by their face value. It is good to be deep. Go and research my submission.
e pain you say ABU lead

2 Likes

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by rumours: 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
ndat:
e pain you say ABU lead

Nope. Pain for what naaa! But you know what I am saying. May be you got your own admission on merit with good cut off mark. Investigate these guys, you will see that ABU Zaria was easier for most of them with moi moi cut off and maybe one or two deficiencies in o'level. This researcher or another blogger needs to extrapolate this work to the next level - let know how they entered school and why ABU is more.
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by ndat(m): 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
rumours:

Nope. Pain for what naaa! But you know what I am saying. May be you got your own admission on merit with good cut off mark. Investigate these guys, you will see that ABU Zaria was easier for most of them with moi moi cut off and maybe one or two deficiencies in o'level. This researcher or another blogger needs to extrapolate this work to the next level - let know how they entered school and why ABU is more.
abusite and leadership �

1 Like

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
woodmood:

Fayose has NO LINK whatsoever with Poly Ilaro.
Every kid on the street in IBADAN knows that he claims to have attended poly ibadan.

He had his OND in ilaro
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by rumours: 10:34pm On Oct 19, 2017
#Copied..

This brilliant piece by Gani Kayode Jr Balogun might give you a better understanding of Dinogate

ABU AND ABUSES

Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria started its existence as a regional university, just like its contemporaries, University of Ife, now Obafemi Awolowo University, ile Ife, established by the government of Western Region, and the deceitfully named University of Nigeria, Nsukka, established by the Eastern Regional government.

Please remember that as at that period, the only University in the country, the University College, Ibadan, was then just a University College, whose admission policy and curriculum were closely tied to its parent university in the UK.

So, the three regional governments, in pursuant of their manpower needs, set up regional universities, even the federal government joined the train with the establishment of University of Lagos, Akoka, on the fringe of the then federal capital territory of Lagos.

Now, while Ife was established to accommodate the products of the free education programme, and Nsukka because, well, if the West can do it, why not the East?

The case of ABU was different. The North had a massive manpower deficit, both in the regional civil service and in the military. To meet those needs, the regional government had to lower entry qualifications for most northern youth to qualify. That was why people like Buhari got drafted into the army with what we popularly call Awaiting Result(AR), and people like Abacha got in despite not meeting the height requirements demanded from candidates from other regions.

For ABU, they had to create so many back bending programmes to meet up with their mandate. This of course led to the establishment of so many remedial programmes that it was referred to as the Remedial University.

Even after it was taken over by the Murtala/Obasanjo Administration which took over regional universities, the original purpose was never jettisoned. In fact, it got to a point where universities in the North were offering Certificates in Law! Which is used as an equivalent of an A/Level or OND, and are used to get into law programmes, cleverly sidestepping the very competitive JAMB entry requirements for Law!

One of the reasons for the stranglehold by the North on the judiciary and the civil service is the application of state officers to fill their state's quota in the federal civil service.

Imagine if you will, two lawyers, one from either side of the confluence, who did NYSC together, and joined their state's civil service the same day.

The southern lawyer would move to Level 9 in 3 years, but the one from the north was employed on level 9, promoted to Level 10 two years later, and level 12 after only five years, while his counterpart at that point is looking forward to his level 10 promotions exam.

If both officers now applied for transfer of service from state to the federal service, one is already three levels ahead even though they graduated the same day!

What makes it worse is that the Northern lawyer probably had only three credits, did a certificate course in Law, and then studied Islamic Jurisprudence, which is not applicable in about fifty percent of the states of the federation!

This man will now become a judge at 30, Appeal Court at 35 and Supreme Court at 40, sitting pretty to become CJN while his Southern mate was just be elevated to the High court.

There are even courses in UK colleges designed specifically for intellectually challenged northern politicians, their wives and their children!

So, those of you showing righteous indignation about Dino's three credits must have been living on Mars, because if you go down that path, the very foundation of Northern education, that has produced numerous presidents, permanent secretaries, Generals, Ambassadors, and majority of Directors of institutions, will be called to question.

Please stop judging some people with your own standards, I am certain if we scrutinize the qualification's of most northerners in public office, the military, the police, customs, immigration, prisons, ports and sundry federal agencies, you will realise that Dino is just one in a million.

ABU is just fulfilling its mandate of producing low level human resources to fill the northern quota in a skewered federal system. It does not deserve your abuse, but your pity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by ThatFairGuy: 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
OP take your time, where is Ogbeni

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by BabaRamota1980: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
Mote than half studied accounting.....yet they mismanage the budget and allocations in their care. Big shame!
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by BrownChima212(m): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2017
With us at Everything Property Ltd you have zero worries Identifying the best property in Abuja for you. Call or WhatsApp 07036825523.
Talk to us about ABUJA real estate matters. cheesy

Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by adanny01(m): 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
rumours:

Forget that thing. Your Alma mater where you get quota system support abi! We need to know how they got their admission. Who said they wouldn't have preferred the great UniLag, UNN, OAU or UI. I think they focussed on catchment area where quota system will favor them. You know you guys are into quota system wella! You hardly get considerations on merit. So leave that matter of ABU being naturally ahead. Don't take things by their face value. It is good to be deep.

Hmmmmm

U gat issues!
Re: 36 State Governors, The Courses They Studied & The Higher Institutions Attended by KingRabota: 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

If the head is rotten, there is nothing anybody can do about it..... undecided
Taaaaa who tolt you that?
Cut off the rotten head n the fvckng tail won't wag

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obaseki Booed At Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) / Shiites: Police Killed 11 Of Our Members, Injured 30 (Graphic Photos) / Sahara Reporters Insults Jonathan On Twitter (Snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.