Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). (7153 Views)

Masturbation Vs Reality / Have You Ever Been In A Relationship So Perfect, It Was Scary? / Narrate Any Scary Or Funny Experiences With Women Who Slept Over At Your House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by tk4rd: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤its not

♤ I'M A PERFECT EXAMPLE
Tell us one or two things about your immediate past self..
Most Importantly, your former name, and how old you were when you died..
Then, add any other detail you may wish to add

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by danolorunmo(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

I disagree with this write up..

Becoz U are spreading words that ppol shud to be sober instead of giving them hope..

Be careful what u write and the message u wanna send..

What if there are ppol out there who are terminally ill and read this? How wud they feel about this? How about those suicidal? Those ppol who are emotionally distressed? Those who are suffering from depression? Have u ever think about them?

Its not bcoz u are free to write anything, u will juz write anyhow..

I believe intelligent ppol motivate others to progress, enjoy their lives to the fullest..encourage others to change their lives that has a positive impact..

Talking abouth death? Why not CELEBRATE YOUR LIFE INSTEAD?

I swear, you are smart. Running to Asia right now!!!!
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
danolorunmo:

I swear, you are smart. Running to Asia right now!!!!

grin

Come to Asia then grin

1 Like

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
LOL,you mean the pastorpreneurs?
Please miss mention the ones you know?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
Please miss mention the ones you know?
So that the bible-thumpers can come for my head?undecided
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
Hahahaha... Are you an atheist? If yes, no problem, nobody will come for you, I just want to evaluate them cheesy
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
Hahahaha... Are you an atheist? If yes, no problem, nobody will come for you, I just want to evaluate them cheesy
No,I'm a christian.cool
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Dasherz(f): 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤its not

♤ [b]I'M A PERFECT EXAMPLE[/b]

please explain
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Dasherz(f): 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

I disagree with this write up..

Becoz U are spreading words that ppol shud to be sober instead of giving them hope..

Be careful what u write and the message u wanna send..

What if there are ppol out there who are terminally ill and read this? How wud they feel about this? How about those suicidal? Those ppol who are emotionally distressed? Those who are suffering from depression? Have u ever think about them?

Its not bcoz u are free to write anything, u will juz write anyhow..

I believe intelligent ppol motivate others to progress, enjoy their lives to the fullest..encourage others to change their lives that has a positive impact..

Talking abouth death? Why not CELEBRATE YOUR LIFE INSTEAD?

thanks for this .. alot cheesy cheesy
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
No,I'm a christian.cool
Am also a christian wink, I just want to see your list of pastorpreneurs cheesy
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dasherz:

thanks for this .. alot cheesy cheesy

grin

No problema.. wink
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
Am also a christian wink, I just want to see your list of pastorpreneurs cheesy
Them plenty.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
Them plenty.
Your assumptions... if dem drag you go court na, what you gonna say ?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
Your assumptions... if dem drag you go court na, what you gonna say ?
First I didn't mention any pastor's name.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
First I didn't mention any pastor's name.
Second??
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
angry angry
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by hanassholesolo: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
iyblaq:
What's the moral of your write-up? People should not strive to succeed or what?

She's giving you a dose of an inevitable reality. Your reaction is natural, especially when the truth is being told.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
hanassholesolo:

She's giving you a dose of an inevitable reality. Your reaction is natural, especially when the truth is being told.
kiss
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
Second??
Second,I can't be `dragged' to court.I did not commit any offence.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
sunshineG:
angry angry
Huh?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
Second,I can't be `dragged' to court.I did not commit any offence.
You won, I giveup, maybe later .
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
You won, I giveup, maybe later .
But you know deep down who these people are.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nansense writeup.

1 Like

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Dasherz(f): 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mariinee:
Nansense writeup.

oya swallow this chill pill jor
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by kenex4ever(m): 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤ When you die

♤it doesn't end there...I know you're a Christian...so you won't believe me. Do you believe in reincarnation?
eckist?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
But you know deep down who these people are.
I don't think I know, am not religious, I go to church whenever I feel like and am not pentecostal christian, I attend catholic... But I know there are bad eggs among the good ones, in your first comment, it seems like every pastor is an entrepreneur.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dasherz:

oya swallow this chill pill jor
Babe. What do you think of the write up too? grin
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Dasherz(f): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mariinee:
Babe. What do you think of the write up too? grin

that shii is a suicide note o

kinda crappy, life should be celebrated it doesn't matter how long you live just stay happy while living not sulkin on what you gonna live behind

1 Like

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
sexybbstar:
People who wants to be rich fall into temptation and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into destruction. Some have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

The above quote is the CRUX of her piece of writing. Anything else she has written is supportive to that CORE MESSAGE above which she is trying to pass to all. Not that it is VAIN to be rich or strive to be rich but to strive to be rich at ALL and ANY COST as described above in that quote is indeed VANITY.

Any piece of writing is open to interpretation and indeed is interpreted differently depending on the reader's nature and personality.

Someone who is shallow, and superficial will always interprete his or her reading supperficially ignoring DETAILS. A profoundly deep person approaches it with profundity, trying as much as possible to grasp the message and more than the message to understand the MOTIVE. An arrogant person approaches his readings with arrogance and looks for passages or sentences to justify his or her arrogance. SEEKERS AFTER TRUTH approach a book or writing with the TRUEST, PUREST LIGHT their heart can give and INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY, hence with CONSCIENCE and are CONSCIETIOUS.

'THE WORLD IS VANITY UPON VANITY' is a statement not at all new. The major problem really is that not many people understands what that statement means. Which is 'a' teaching by all prophets and great teachers of spirituality. IT SIMPLE MEANS TO SEEK AFTER THE ESSENCE OF LIFE. It is that discovery of the ESSENCE by your sincere search that fills that VOID called 'VANITY' hence life becomes MEANINGFUL and not meaningless a FULFILMENT.

"Birth is okay and death is okay if we know that they are only concepts. REALITY transends both birth and death". (The heart of Buddha's teaching: Tranforming suffering into peace, joy, and liberation a beautiful book by Thich Nhat Hanh)

The Last Prophet of Islam was report to have said "DIE BEFORE YOU DIE". How do you die before you die what does it mean. Firstl it means like the teachings of Buddha death is a concept,

Her writing title Vanity vs Reality makes DEATH to be remembered as an inevitable we must all embrace hence, which goes back to the core of her message again, has already being quoted above.

CAN WE DENY THE FACT THAT TODAY'S WORLD HAS BEEN MADE TO SEEM SO MEANINGLESS TO SO MANY PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THE CONSUMERIST CULTURE AT PLAY, OF MUTUAL COMPETITION AND RIVALRY, THE LUST AND DESIRE TO PILE UP THINGS EPHEMERAL AT THE DETERIMENT OF OTHERS?

Now, as to LIFE and DEATH itself. Here is a REALITY, TRUE LIFE STUDY by a nurse to ponder as supporting the message she is trying to pass.

"You're lying in a bed. Maybe you're surrounded by friends and family. Maybe you'er alone. Perhaps you knew it was coming, or may be it came by total surprise. The nurse comes in with a look on her face that tells you what you already know. She says it'll be a matter of days and its time to prepare for what's ahead. And in that moment, what will run through your mind? Your children? Your best friend? The one who got away? The job of your dreams? And if you are asked the question, 'IF YOU COULD LIVE LIFE ALL OVER AGAIN, WHAT WOULD YOU DO DIFFERENTLY?' -what would you say? Katie Zeak.

In her book, THE FIVE REGRETS OF THE DYING,Bronie Ware a palliative nurse who had counselled the dying in their last days
revealed that dying comes with CLARITY OF VISION, the veils of fantasy are removed from the dying's eyes. THEY CAN PRETEND NO MORE. THEY ARE FACED WITH TRUTH, DEATH, THEIR VISION BECOMES SO CLEAR. THEY CAN LIE TO THEMSELVES NO MORE. 

She highlights these FIVE REGRETS of the dying, which is a documentation of her experience as a nurse who help people to die,a job she does for a living. Take note of these REGRETS, as numbered 1 to 5 so you won't be counted as one when the time comes as you are privilege to be alive today to learn how to live to die FULFILLED.

1.“I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me”.

AIN'T THE CHOICE OF HOW MOST PEOPLE LIVE THEIR LIVES MOSTLY AN EFFORT SEEKING FOR PRESTIGE, TO IMPRESS OTHER PEOPLES TO BE RICH AT ALL COST?

"the purpose of a rose is to be a rose. Your purpose is to be yourself. You don’t have to run anywhere to become someone else. You are wonderful just as you are.
(Thich Nhat Hanh , The Heart of the Buddha's
Teaching)

*Prestige means the respect and admiration that someone or something gets because of their success or important position in the society. Hence, we trample upon each other for prestige, a life of SHOW OFF, of MUTUAL RIVALRY for piling up the vanities of life. With each unfolding day, the more the people DEVIATE from their TRUE SELF seeking to be somebody else........looking up to the BILL GATES and being so UNHAPPY for the little you have. So we start to feel SUFFERINGS as the WORLD is suffering today because it is on a RACE to pile up and with GREED without COMPASSION.

2. “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.”

3. “I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.”

4. “I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.”

5. “I wish that I had let myself be happier.”

THE WORLD IS WHAT IT IS TODAY FULL OF GRIEF BECAUSE THERE IS NO COMPASSION. DO WE KNOW THAT THE WEALTH OF THE FIRST 100 RICHEST MEN IN THE WORLD WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF WORLDS POVERTY FOUR TIMES OVER? SO, WHAT LIFE ARE THEY LIVING IF NOT VANITY BECAUSE THEY ARE DEFINATELY NOT GOING ANY WHERE WITH THAT WEALTH BUT ITS A COMPETITION FOR WHO IS MOST VAIN AND WITH THE MOST OF VANITIES, A RANKING TO BOAST ABOUT. https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2013/1/20/1180541/-100-richest-people-could-end-extreme-poverty-in-the-world-right-now

I hope to continue later i gat to attend to a few things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
I don't think I know, am not religious, I go to church whenever I feel like and am not pentecostal christian, I attend catholic... But I know there are bad eggs among the good ones, in your first comment, it seems like every pastor is an entrepreneur.

I didn't mean it that way.Read my post again.I was referring to those pastors who live extravagantly while most of their members are just normal average people.They are always quick to ask for donations and special offerings.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dasherz:

that shii is a suicide note o

kinda crappy, life should be celebrated it doesn't matter how long you live just stay happy while living not sulkin on what you gonna live behind

Exactly. But I think I understand the point she was trying to pass across but she prolly didn't know the best manner to say it.She meant we should be modest in our acquisition of material things because we will leave them all in the end. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't live life to the fullest. We just have to be modest and moderate.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
WORDWORLD:

The above quote is the CRUX of her piece of writing. Anything else she has written is supportive to that CORE MESSAGE above which she is trying to pass to all. Not that it is VAIN to be rich or strive to be rich but to strive to be rich at ALL and ANY COST as described above in that quote is indeed VANITY.

Any piece of writing is open to interpretation and indeed is interpreted differently depending K9 on the reader's nature and personality.

Someone who is shallow, and superficial will always interprete his or her reading supperficially ignoring DETAILS. A profoundly deep person approaches it with profundity, trying as much as possible to grasp the message and more than the message to understand the MOTIVE. An arrogant person approaches his readings with arrogance and looks for passages or sentences to justify his or her arrogance. SEEKERS AFTER TRUTH approach a book or writing with the TRUEST, PUREST LIGHT their heart can give and INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY, hence with CONSCIENCE and are CONSCIETIOUS.

'THE WORLD IS VANITY UPON VANITY' is a statement not at all new. The major problem really is that not many people understands what that statement means. Which is 'a' teaching by all prophets and great teachers of spirituality. IT SIMPLE MEANS TO SEEK AFTER THE ESSENCE OF LIFE. It is that discovery of the ESSENCE by your sincere search that fills that VOID called 'VANITY' hence life becomes MEANINGFUL and not meaningless a FULFILMENT.

"Birth is okay and death is okay if we know that they are only concepts. REALITY transends both birth and death". (The heart of Buddha's teaching: Tranforming suffering into peace, joy, and liberation a beautiful book by Thich Nhat Hanh)

The Last Prophet of Islam was report to have said "DIE BEFORE YOU DIE". How do you die before you die what does it mean. Firstl it means like the teachings of Buddha death is a concept,

Her writing title Vanity vs Reality makes DEATH to be remembered as an inevitable we must all embrace hence, which goes back to the core of her message again, has already being quoted above.

CAN WE DENY THE FACT THAT TODAY'S WORLD HAS BEEN MADE TO SEEM SO MEANINGLESS TO SO MANY PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THE CONSUMERIST CULTURE AT PLAY, OF MUTUAL COMPETITION AND RIVALRY, THE LUST AND DESIRE TO PILE UP THINGS EPHEMERAL AT THE DETERIMENT OF OTHERS?

Now, as to LIFE and DEATH itself. Here is a REALITY, TRUE LIFE STUDY by a nurse to ponder as supporting the message she is trying to pass.

"You're lying in a bed. Maybe you're surrounded by friends and family. Maybe you'er alone. Perhaps you knew it was coming, or may be it came by total surprise. The nurse comes in with a look on her face that tells you what you already know. She says it'll be a matter of days and its time to prepare for what's ahead. And in that moment, what will run through your mind? Your children? Your best friend? The one who got away? The job of your dreams? And if you are asked the question, 'IF YOU COULD LIVE LIFE ALL OVER AGAIN, WHAT WOULD YOU DO DIFFERENTLY?' -what would you say? Katie Zeak.

In her book, THE FIVE REGRETS OF THE DYING,Bronie Ware a palliative nurse who had counselled the dying in their last days
revealed that dying comes with CLARITY OF VISION, the veils of fantasy are removed from the dying's eyes. THEY CAN PRETEND NO MORE. THEY ARE FACED WITH TRUTH, DEATH, THEIR VISION BECOMES SO CLEAR. THEY CAN LIE TO THEMSELVES NO MORE. 

She highlights these FIVE REGRETS of the dying, which is a documentation of her experience as a nurse who help people to die,a job she does for a living. Take note of these REGRETS, as numbered 1 to 5 so you won't be counted as one when the time comes as you are privilege to be alive today to learn how to live to die FULFILLED.

1.“I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me”.

AIN'T THE CHOICE OF HOW MOST PEOPLE LIVE THEIR LIVES MOSTLY AN EFFORT SEEKING FOR PRESTIGE, TO IMPRESS OTHER PEOPLES TO BE RICH AT ALL COST?

"the purpose of a rose is to be a rose. Your purpose is to be yourself. You don’t have to run anywhere to become someone else. You are wonderful just as you are.
(Thich Nhat Hanh , The Heart of the Buddha's
Teaching)

*Prestige means the respect and admiration that someone or something gets because of their success or important position in the society. Hence, we trample upon each other for prestige, a life of SHOW OFF, of MUTUAL RIVALRY for piling up the vanities of life. With each unfolding day, the more the people DEVIATE from their TRUE SELF seeking to be somebody else........looking up to the BILL GATES and being so UNHAPPY for the little you have. So we start to feel SUFFERINGS as the WORLD is suffering today because it is on a RACE to pile up and with GREED without COMPASSION.

2. “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.”

3. “I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.”

4. “I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.”

5. “I wish that I had let myself be happier.”

THE WORLD IS WHAT IT IS TODAY FULL OF GRIEF BECAUSE THERE IS NO COMPASSION. DO WE KNOW THAT THE WEALTH OF THE FIRST 100 RICHEST MEN IN THE WORLD WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF WORLDS POVERTY FOUR TIMES OVER? SO, WHAT LIFE ARE THEY LIVING IF NOT VANITY BECAUSE THEY ARE DEFINATELY NOT GOING ANY WHERE WITH THAT WEALTH BUT ITS A COMPETITION FOR WHO IS MOST VAIN AND WITH THE MOST OF VANITIES, A RANKIN TO BOAST ABOUT.

I hope to continue later i gat to attend to a few things.

Woow shocked... You even explained it more than I did! Kudos man! kiss

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

dd / Why Are Girls Like This, Please What Should I Do / Bike Men Are Using Nigeria Women In Lagos As They Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.