Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). (7149 Views)

Masturbation Vs Reality / Have You Ever Been In A Relationship So Perfect, It Was Scary? / Narrate Any Scary Or Funny Experiences With Women Who Slept Over At Your House. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mariinee:
Exactly. But I think I understand the point she was trying to pass across but she prolly didn't know the best manner to say it.She meant we should be modest in our acquisition of material things because we will leave them all in the end. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't live life to the fullest. We just have to be modest and moderate.
Now you understand it cheesy

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
I didn't mean it that way.Read my post again.I was referring to those pastors who live extravagantly while most of their members are just normal average people.They are always quick to ask for donations and special offerings.
I think I know the species of pastors you are referring to, that's their problem, let's discuss something else... Which church did you attend today?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Dasherz(f): 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mariinee:
Exactly. But I think I understand the point she was trying to pass across but she prolly didn't know the best manner to say it.She meant we should be modest in our acquisition of material things because we will leave them all in the end. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't live life to the fullest. We just have to be modest and moderate.

i get too but it will take a whole lotta deep thoughts to fully grasps the true meaning of the post ... if only she added a twitch of positivity the thread won't be castigated this much
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
I think I know the species of pastors you are referring to, that's their problem, let's discuss something else... Which church did you attend today?
C.A.C.cheesy That's the only church I attend.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
Dasherz:

i get too but it will take a whole lotta deep thoughts to fully grasps the true meaning of the post ... if only she added a twitch of positivity the thread won't be castigated this much
Exactly babe. kiss
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
sexybbstar:

Now you understand it cheesy
Sure, I do.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
C.A.C.cheesy That's the only church I attend.
ok, I drifted into salvation ministries today, is your pm working?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
ok, I drifted into salvation ministries today, is your pm working?
Yeah...sure.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
Yeah...sure.
ok... hw many monikers do you have on nl, I don't think, this is your main?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
ok... hw many monikers do you have on nl, I don't think, this is your main?
I'm Tahrah.Just 4,two deactivated.T.ahra is my main.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
ok.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
sexybbstar:
Vanity! Vanity!! Vanity!!!... Everything is meaningless! What does a man gains from his labour? Generations come and generations go, but the world remains the same. All streams flow into the sea but yet the sea is never full. All things are wearisome. What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again.

Are you the richest man or woman? Are you the poorest? Do you live in a big mansion?.. I'm sure you are aware that one day you will be in a one room apartment casket... Lifeless!

Do you eat the best meat? Do you eat the best food? Do you eat your meal without meat or fish?... Eat while it last, it's your food... But remember that one day you shall be food to the termites and maggots!

Do you wear designers? Or you wear second hand clothes?.. You are going to the grave with just one of it and people you never knew will wear those clothes you paid a fortune to acquire!

Do you have a car? Or you walk barefooted?.. You will be buried outside where you will be beaten by the sun and the rain.

You are handsome and very beautiful? You cry because you are ugly?... You have the same end... 6feet!

Are you a PhD holder? Are you an illiterate?.. The deepness of your grave won't be different. If you like spend one million on the funeral or ten thousand naira on the funeral. They end up in the same way.

Everything is vanity, your money, your cars, your houses, your husband, your wife, your kids, your achievements, your certificates..... Everything is vanity!

I guess many of you are not pleased with this write up, smiley it's normal. We all think of how to make it in life but have you ever given it a thought that after acquiring everything. You have an end. If you think you won't die, who do you want to resemble?

For we brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out of it. People who wants to be rich fall into temptation and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into destruction. Some have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
U are very right, but let me have d vanity and make people around me happy with the vanity, Na u sabi wetin dey do ur life
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by hanassholesolo: 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
sexybbstar:
kiss

Good thing you added scary content. Seems most people here are not in tune with real life.

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
hanassholesolo:

Good thing you added scary content. Seems most people here are not in tune with real life.
Trust me, that quote "vanity upon vanity" is true, but is majorly used by losers here on earth, I hate when people say it by my side, like someone buying a Gwagon of 50million, u will hear vanity upon vanity, such sore loser!

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
you saw my mail??
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
Kimcutie:
you saw my mail??
Yeah,replied to the other one.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by xynerise: 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤Really? if you knew everything will be left when you're gone...

♤ Why bother getting it in the first place...?Ask yourself, Why do you use Jewelry....since you said it's Vanity....why use manicure & pedicure? It's Vanity right?....Then why do you keep using them? Or will they make you become something in life?

She will read this and laugh at herself grin

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by xynerise: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mariinee:

Modest and moderate are relative....your modesty might be my extravagant and vice versa.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by NeeKlaus: 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mariinee:
Concise and straight to the point.

I like your brain in particula. (in Ice Prince's voice) smiley
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2017
NeeKlaus:

Concise and straight to the point.

I like your brain in particula. (in Ice Prince's voice) smiley
Thank you sire. smiley
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
xynerise:

Modest and moderate are relative....your modesty might be my extravagant and vice versa.
What's do you call being modest or moderate in your own opinion?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Dnockeror333(m): 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

Reincarnation is a hoax sha.. tongue

You think, we die and we are forgotten by He who Created us to live just as He lives?

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by RoyalBlak007: 7:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
xynerise:

She will read this and laugh at herself grin

♤Nigerians & hypocrisy

♤ I fuçkin hate it so much,
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by xynerise: 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤Nigerians & hypocrisy

♤ I fuçkin hate it so much,

Lol...it's in them grin

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by xynerise: 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
Mariinee:
What's do you call being modest or moderate in your own opinion?

You just ended up supporting my point...we are saying the same thing

If I start explaining my view of being modest and moderate, then you or anyone else shouldn't judge my lifestyle on modesty and moderation.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Sexybbstar

I believe this a follow up to your former post on why people shouldn't brag about their achievements or talent which I supported

Still, i don't believe it fair to tell people their hard earned achievements is vanity. We all live for something or have something to live for.

For instance, we went to university to study something to be someone in life. We studied hard to pass exams. We still strive to get a job.

Kash was right about how your write up could make the hopeless feel even worst. I think saying everything in life is vanity means there is nothing in life worth holding out for.

I also believe it's also a heavy slap on the faces of freedom fighters and people striving for a better life.

In summary, we should be modest in everything we achieve in life but that doesn't mean we should see our achievements as vanity
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
sunshineG:
Sexybbstar

I believe this a follow up to your former post on why people shouldn't brag about their achievements or talent which I supported

Still, i don't believe it fair to tell people their hard earned achievements is vanity. We all live for something or have something to live for.

For instance, we went to university to study something to be someone in life. We studied hard to pass exams. We stiill strive to get a job.

Kash was right about how your write up could make the hopeless feel even worst. I think saying everything in life is vanity means there is nothing in life worth holding out for.

I also believe it's also a heavy slap on the faces of freedom fighters and people striving for a better life.

In summary, we should be modest in everything we achieve in life but that doesn't mean we should see our achievements as vanity

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by hanassholesolo: 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2017
EliteBiz:

Trust me, that quote "vanity upon vanity" is true, but is majorly used by losers here on earth, I hate when people say it by my side, like someone buying a Gwagon of 50million, u will hear vanity upon vanity, such sore loser!

Yes, that's true. God gave us these things we now call "Vanity" he made all things for man, both pleasure and wealth. Lamentations was written by a very wealthy king who at one point in life met Existential Crisis, so he started to question the purpose of life. The quote vanity upon vanity is not meant to be an insult, it's just a reminder of our finite, insignificant, dent in the Cosmos.

I don't know about you, but i like to be reminded of how small i am in a grand scale because it removes whatever pride i may have and keeps me grounded. I think that quote only troubles Egoist who forget how flawed mankind really is. Thoughts like this are what philosophers like Socrates or Plato ponder upon... that reminds me are there any African Philosophers? probably not many or none at all. I doubt if there are many African's that can ponder upon "existence" given our infamous intelligence quotient.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
hanassholesolo:

Yes, that's true. God gave us these things we now call "Vanity" he made all things for man, both pleasure and wealth. Lamentations was written by a very wealthy king who at one point in life met Existential Crisis, so he started to question the purpose of life. The quote vanity upon vanity is not meant to be an insult, it's just a reminder of our finite, insignificant, dent in the Cosmos.

I don't know about you, but i like to be reminded of how small i am in a grand scale because it removes whatever pride i may have and keeps me grounded. I think that quote only troubles Egoist who forget how flawed mankind really is. Thoughts like this are what philosophers like Socrates or Plato ponder upon... that reminds me are there any African Philosophers? probably not many or none at all. I doubt if there are many African's that can ponder upon "existence" given our infamous intelligence quotient.
Hmmm....u actually do have a cogent point

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Raintaker(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
sexybbstar:
Vanity! Vanity!! Vanity!!!... Everything is meaningless! What does a man gains from his labour? Generations come and generations go, but the world remains the same. All streams flow into the sea but yet the sea is never full. All things are wearisome. What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again.

Are you the richest man or woman? Are you the poorest? Do you live in a big mansion?.. I'm sure you are aware that one day you will be in a one room apartment casket... Lifeless!

Do you eat the best meat? Do you eat the best food? Do you eat your meal without meat or fish?... Eat while it last, it's your food... But remember that one day you shall be food to the termites and maggots!

Do you wear designers? Or you wear second hand clothes?.. You are going to the grave with just one of it and people you never knew will wear those clothes you paid a fortune to acquire!

Do you have a car? Or you walk barefooted?.. You will be buried outside where you will be beaten by the sun and the rain.

You are handsome and very beautiful? You cry because you are ugly?... You have the same end... 6feet!

Are you a PhD holder? Are you an illiterate?.. The deepness of your grave won't be different. If you like spend one million on the funeral or ten thousand naira on the funeral. They end up in the same way.

Everything is vanity, your money, your cars, your houses, your husband, your wife, your kids, your achievements, your certificates..... Everything is vanity!

I guess many of you are not pleased with this write up, smiley it's normal. We all think of how to make it in life but have you ever given it a thought that after acquiring everything. You have an end. If you think you won't die, who do you want to resemble?

For we brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out of it. People who wants to be rich fall into temptation and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into destruction. Some have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
Preach on Pastor.

Never worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will come with its own worries.

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Kimcutie: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
MhisTahrah:
Yeah,replied to the other one.
Damn, I didn't see anything, could you please send your mail address to the one I sent to you?
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
hanassholesolo:

YOU HAVE SPOKEN VERY WELL. IT WAS THE AFRICAN THING THAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION.

Philosophy simple means LOVE FOR WISDOM it is not WISDOM in itself but love for it which turns out mostly to be but SPECULATIONS and not ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Philosophers views are always contradictory because they keep spinning stuffs from inside their heads even a secondary school student can do that. Well what is called WISDOM is found in African Proverbs and stories and songs, its has been mostly oral. If only you have studied perennial wisdom of cultures you will understand how rich Africa is.

Latest Instagram Hookup Page / How Do I Approach Girls I Just Saw For The First Time / The Sex Position That Turns You On Most, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64