Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,017 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). (7131 Views)

Masturbation Vs Reality / Have You Ever Been In A Relationship So Perfect, It Was Scary? / Narrate Any Scary Or Funny Experiences With Women Who Slept Over At Your House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by khristal87(m): 8:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
sexybbstar:
Vanity! Vanity!! Vanity!!!... Everything is meaningless! What does a man gains from his labour? Generations come and generations go, but the world remains the same. All streams flow into the sea but yet the sea is never full. All things are wearisome. What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again.

Are you the richest man or woman? Are you the poorest? Do you live in a big mansion?.. I'm sure you are aware that one day you will be in a one room apartment casket... Lifeless!

Do you eat the best meat? Do you eat the best food? Do you eat your meal without meat or fish?... Eat while it last, it's your food... But remember that one day you shall be food to the termites and maggots!

Do you wear designers? Or you wear second hand clothes?.. You are going to the grave with just one of it and people you never knew will wear those clothes you paid a fortune to acquire!

Do you have a car? Or you walk barefooted?.. You will be buried outside where you will be beaten by the sun and the rain.

You are handsome and very beautiful? You cry because you are ugly?... You have the same end... 6feet!

Are you a PhD holder? Are you an illiterate?.. The deepness of your grave won't be different. If you like spend one million on the funeral or ten thousand naira on the funeral. They end up in the same way.

Everything is vanity, your money, your cars, your houses, your husband, your wife, your kids, your achievements, your certificates..... Everything is vanity!

I guess many of you are not pleased with this write up, smiley it's normal. We all think of how to make it in life but have you ever given it a thought that after acquiring everything. You have an end. If you think you won't die, who do you want to resemble?

For we brought nothing into this world and we can take nothing out of it. People who wants to be rich fall into temptation and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into destruction. Some have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
Dis post does nt make meaning to me........
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by zexy2030(m): 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
The conclusion of the whole matter and richest advice by the richest man who ever lived is that we should fear God and keep his commandments, this is actually our duty.
God knows we can avoid image worship, adultery, murder, theft, false witness, dishonor to parent, etc that's why he commanded all human to obey. He knew it's easy, but our flesh is saying, God doesn't want u to enjoy life, that's why he said don't do it. So fearing God is the real deal

1 Like

Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by hanassholesolo: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
WORDWORLD:

YOU HAVE SPOKEN VERY WELL. IT WAS THE AFRICAN THING THAT CAUGHT MY ATTENTION.

Philosophy simple means LOVE FOR WISDOM it is not WISDOM in itself but love for it which turns out mostly to be but SPECULATIONS and not ABSOLUTE TRUTH. Philosophers views are always contradictory because they keep spinning stuffs from inside their heads even a secondary school student can do that. Well what is called WISDOM is found in African Proverbs and stories and songs, its has been mostly oral. If only you have studied perennial wisdom of cultures you will understand how rich Africa is.

Yes, no doubt Africa is rich with philosophical wisdom and adage, but i was more interested in reading about an ancient African "Philosopher."
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2017
hanassholesolo:

Yes, no doubt Africa is rich with philosophical wisdom and adage, but i was more interested in reading about an ancient African "Philosopher."

Hello, how has been your day, hope good? I have been offline for a while. As to your response, as soon as i put my thoughts together, i will enlighten you as to your subject of interest "AN ANCIENT AFRICAN PHILOSOPHER". Do have a nice day.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Safiaa(f): 11:55am On Oct 26, 2017
This is absolute nonsense.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
hanassholesolo:

My dear brother, judging by your THOUGHT PROVOKING question, i believe that you have the capability of COMPREHENDING OBJECTIVELY this ENLIGHTENMENT, which is an answer to your intelligent question you have asked. I am use to writing as elaborate as possible to make clear with DETAILS the message I intend to pass. Hence bear with me, my writings are quite LONG. Its all for the sake of ENLIGHTENMENT and towards mutual understanding.

Hanassholesolo, the simple TRUTH is, your hope of reading about a PHILOSOPHER of your interest who you have described specifically to NOT just mean an AFRICAN PHILOSOPHER but your qualification of this African Philosopher you seek to read about as to what interest you by using the word "ANCIENT" to describe your enquiry is LIKE to seek by your interest to hope to read about an 'ANCIENT AFRICAN ATHEIST' who by factors NEVER EXISTED IN ANCIENT AFRICA until most recently this mentality, ATHEISM a transmission of an aspect of EUROPEAN MENTALITY, an OUT-CROP of mainly Christianity, a religion which was introduced to Africa from Europe.   

Hence, a sought after "AN ANCIENT AFRICAN PHILOSOPHER" is a wild goose chase meaning a HOPELESS SEARCH OF SOMETHING UNATTAINABLE. (My using Atheism is only to make CLEAR a perspective, which is 'FREEDOM OF THOUGHT' roots philosophy as atheism, i hope you have been able to grasp a message but if not, as you read further I hope you will) 

There are at least two very simple reasons why it is unattainable.

Firstly "AN ANCIENT AFRICAN PHILOSOPHER" is absolutely INCONSISTENT with the ORIGINALITY of PHILOSOPHY itself by 'TIME LINE' between Ancient Africa and Ancient Europe' as the birth of this 'RATIONALISM' called philosophy if it must be understood in its LEGITIMATE sense of CONCEPTION and by DEFINATION.

Philosophy is a totally European conception by originality. To clear any doubt that may arise in your mind is to state without ambiguity that its origin is GREEK, hence they Socrates and the Platos like you have mentioned automatically pops up. It was a LINE OF THINKING, A MENTALITY which arose in deviant of TRADITIONAL ORDERS or say WISDOM that have from PRIMORDIAL conditioned the mentalities in GREECE, and which DEVIATION from them have actually layed the foundation for 'HUMANISM' or say SECULARISM, DEMOCRACY as it is being propagated in this so called Modern world. 'Humanism' which is to say, reducing everything TRADITIONALLY DIVINE, to a PURELY HUMAN RATIONALITY. 

THE POINT HERE IS THAT, ANCIENT PHILOSOPHERS DURING THAT TIME OF CONCEPTION IN EUROPE WERE COUNTABLE INDIVIDUALS TRYING TO FREE THEMSELVES FROM THE MENTALITIES WHICH HAVING CONDITIONED THEIR THINKING IN A CERTAIN PATTERN FORGED BY TRADITION. HENCE, THE BIRTH OF PURE HUMAN RATIONALISM AS AGAINST SUPRA-RATIONAL AND NON-HUMAN WISDOM THE FOUNDATION OF ALL TRADITIONS UNTIL THEY GO THROUGH PERVERSIONS.

To cut long story short, as regards Ancient Africa, even Ancient Asia the East it wasn't so a DEVIATION because of the DEPTHS OF TRADITIONAL SACRADOTAL AUTHORITY, PURELY REGARDED AS DIVINE WISDOM until the conquest by Europe and with domination of their own MENTALITY, 'philosophy' the spinning of stuff from your head which sometimes its TRUE, but mostly are CONJECTURES unlike what is PURELY WISDOM FROM ABOVE as in tradition unpolluted. So instead of 'PHILOSOPHERS' what existed were 'PRIESTS' respresenting the HEAVENS.

The coming of Europeans into Africa did not meet a whole continent of entirely peoples almost UNCLAD, IGNORANT, DWELLING IN CAVES. Certain geographical locations since before the White man first visited Africa were known to have developed with sophistication in their civilization such as the OYO EMPIRE, BENIN EMPIRE, my choice of reference is to TRADITIONAL AFRICAN CULTURE to mention such as the ZAUZZO EMIRATE is to grace such with Islam which had fashioned them and which doesn't fit our search.

So, with OYO EMPIRE, existed even a TEXT. Ever heard of 'OLUOROGBO' and his writings? It was an ancient Yoruba text developing till it got altered. A truncation of an evolving civilization of by intruders. This ancient text is on display in Ooni's palace and being worked on to be deciphered.

Hence, the second reason is the lack of original African text of ancient which can be readable. Oluorogbo even if his developing text gets deciphered he remains but a PRIEST and not a PHILOSOPHER representing the heavens for he is regarded as 'AKOWE ORUN', meaning (THE PERSON WHO BROUGHT KNOWLEDGE FROM HEAVEN). As to my choice of using Oyo Empire it is because of the developing text which serves as evidence, a data that can be verified. Books by written by Europeans Explores such as Richard Lander and Hinderer wrote without prejudice about this region in its ancient.

Even if Egypt is searched with their sophisticated ancient cilivilization, it remains one devoid of 'ANCIENT PHILOSOPHERS' because it never deviated from its TRADITIONAL PRINCIPLES until conqured by ALEXANDRA THE GREAT, a Greek and with domination or influence of the culture.

I round up this ENLIGHTENMENT of your perception,

hanassholesolo:

Thoughts like this are what philosophers like Socrates or Plato ponder upon... that reminds me are there any African Philosophers? probably not many or none at all. I doubt if there are many African's that can ponder upon "existence" given our infamous intelligence quotient.

As thus, though given to the infamous "intelligence quotient" of Africa due to the domination by WESTERN MENTALITIES which had truncated its civilization. It can only mean that Ancient Africans are as INTELLIGENT AS ANY HUMAN on planet if with the example of the Oyo Empire's developing text before the coming of Europeans and its ORAL TRANSMISSION from memory through the ages. 'IFA' which is the Yoruba TRADITIONAL ORDER has over 6,000 ORAL VERSES transmited through the ages which has kept records of their history, medicine, spirituality, geography, art and science.

Note my choice of Yoruba Empire is only for ENLIGHTENMENT. I hope it won't be construed with any element of TRIBALISM.

It is well known that while Europeans thought the Earth was FLAT the ancient Yoruba tradition since from primordial depicted the Earth to be SPHERICAL using CALABASH for their illustration which turns out to be the TRUE EXISTENCE OF PLANET EARTH. This was known not based on philosophy but on TRADITION based on DIVINE WISDOM.

Philosophy denotes LOVE OF WISDOM which simply implies a DISPOSITION but not a position of WISDOM. WISDOM IS FOUND ONLY IN TRUTH, PHILOSOPHY IS MOSTLY CONJECTURE.
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by castro316: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

I disagree with this write up..

Becoz U are spreading words that ppol shud be sober instead of giving them hope..

Be careful what u write and the message u wanna send..

What if there are ppol out there who are terminally ill and read this? How wud they feel about this? How about those suicidal? Those ppol who are emotionally distressed? Those who are suffering from depression? Have u ever think about them?

Its not bcoz u are free to write anything, u will juz write anyhow..

I believe intelligent ppol motivate others to progress, enjoy their lives to the fullest..encourage others to change their lives that has a positive impact..

Talking abouth death? Why not CELEBRATE YOUR LIFE INSTEAD?

Forget it. Even Solomon with all his wisdom wrote about it. #vanityisreal
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 11, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤its not

♤ I'M A PERFECT EXAMPLE
how Do You Know you Reincarnated
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by RoyalBlak007: 11:57am On Nov 11, 2017
DeadRat:
how Do You Know you Reincarnated

♤Cos av

♤ lived before
Re: Vanity Vs Reality.......(scary content). by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤Cos av

♤ lived before
what Year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Enter A Prenup? / This Is Not Supposed To Be Happening!!!!!!!!! / See What Man Did To His Wife A Day After Wedding Just Because Of This: See..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.