Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Feminists Are Insecure, Paranoid And Unreasonable - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminists Are Insecure, Paranoid And Unreasonable (5643 Views)

You. Yes, You! You Are Very Stupid And Unreasonable! / Reasons Why I Think Redpillers Are Insecure, Weak And Lonely / Nairaland Women Are Insecure, Spineless And Lack Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminists Are Insecure, Paranoid And Unreasonable by Unlimited22: 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
ReinaFarine:
Hiya... My cockswinging XY counterparts....

I think you're having a misconception of the word feminism in the first place...
I love Chimamanda Adichie's definition of the word... 'A person who believes in the social, political and economic Equality of the sexes'

I'm just gonna state few facts....

As popular as Chimamanda is for her work...
She was tipping a valet who had brought her car around for her. Her friend, who just happened to be a man, was sitting in the passenger seat, and as she handed the boy the money, he looked at the man and said, “Thank you, sir.”

I along with millions of my fellow NLers have heard of instances of divorce, witch hunting and brutality because of a woman's repeated conception of the female child....

It is a known fact that 60% of northern Nigerians Females marry at the age of 16 and only about 40% of them continue with their education....

I know for a fact that employers will most likely pick a man over a woman with equal qualification... I love my dad but he does this too... They give reasons like she will concentrate more on her home than her job... But I think that's because she was brought up to think that's what she's suppose to do....

I will use the most popular reason some Nigerian women are fighting for feminism...
A sexually promiscuous boy Vs. A sexually promiscuous girl...
A boy that drinks, smokes, does drugs and others will grow out of it with time... But a girl is an 'omo wobe' that is never marriageable

I think you will find very rare instance of an African woman saying she's going to work and her husband should sit at home... But intelligently stupid (forgive my language) men say that all the time without fear...

Yes.... You say you're not enslaving the for child... But how many times have you castigated Tiwa Savage for her manner of expression and laugh when Burna boy shows the same kind of morality....

When I went to serve, I wanted to get an apartment and my dad was like.... What are people going to say... A single Teenage girl.... Living alone.... Heeyah... His hands are not there oh!

I'm just 20 and I cannot count the number of wedding pictures my mum sends to me in a week....

We are free to do what we want... Ha!
How many actually know that....

I must reiterate that, gender is not as a result of accomplishment in previous life.... You just came out either with a swinging rod or a hole beneath.... So when I hear... A woman is not suppose to take like that.... Or a woman is not suppose to do that.... I just feel.... Adichie rightly said;
The problem with gender is that it prescribes who we should be rather than who we are

I don't know.... You think women are not enslaved...

Ha....
We are not asking for pity and favours... We are asking for us to be treated without gender discrimination.

How many of you will hire a female electrician to wire your house....

If the only reason I'm not allowed to do something is because there are sacs on my chest, that is sexist....

Paranoid? Insecure?

I agree with you on some of this... I think the best way to break them outta that shell they've got wrapped around them is by informing them of who they are and who they can be....

It is by educating the girl child...

It is by stop calling girls Olosho on social media

It is by saying no to underage marriage....

It is by treating everyone without consciousness of the gender....

I mean will you actually hit your best friend the way you want to beat your wife.... She's more than your best friend.... She's your everything.....

Paying for dates.... Lol.... Well.... If your woman is financially buoyant, I don't see why the heck not....

I'm just gonna say.... Whether it is paying the bills.... Or doing your laundry and house chores.... Everybody does something in the relationship... And it is god damned important....

I'm proudly feminist....
Truly African....
@abduljabbar4... I stand corrected.... Slip of the thumb?
Finally, someone with a brain.
Re: Feminists Are Insecure, Paranoid And Unreasonable by Sugar97(f): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
This is the best definition of feminism I've ever seen and strangely, it's the first time I'm seeing it.
It is a definition I will give my full support.

But from what I can see, it is not how the champions of the the feminist movement define it.
Even Mrs/Ms/Miss Adichie's definition as given by ReinaFarine is not totally in alignment with yours.
What are we to do?

Thank you for your definition. It made my night.

smiley smiley
Its how I see it and even though I respect chimamanda Adichie a lot (I actually enjoy reading her), she really doesn't have to agree with me on this cheesy cheesy
Re: Feminists Are Insecure, Paranoid And Unreasonable by Sugar97(f): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Which process again after 3 plots of land, you know how much them dey sell land

angry angry really?

Oya keep ur land cool
Re: Feminists Are Insecure, Paranoid And Unreasonable by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
Sugar97:

angry angry really?
Oya keep ur land cool

Hun hen, oya no vex, let's get to know each other
Re: Feminists Are Insecure, Paranoid And Unreasonable by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
lefulefu:
The day a feminist starts twerking for Me maybe then i had think of marrying one...cc thornapplecheesy

You'll eventually get tired of twerking. When you reach this point what then will you do with your twerking wife?.
Re: Feminists Are Insecure, Paranoid And Unreasonable by coursednigerian(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
Damn I missed the blow of my own post (lost my phone) .... I had so much else to say especially to the chimamanda supporter that everyone is praising like she just solved world hinger

Truly I was always a feminist supporter not until it changed. When ladies most feminist you see these days want superiority over equality.. when you read books and watch movies of where women always paint the man as the villain like everything wrong with the world is a mans fault ....
Like men have nothing else to do but make the woman suffer.

That is the kind of feminist we have now not the one you people try to explain ... Because you both still carry the feminist mantra around and all gather that the same rallies and fight the same fight ....

And all I see there are people with inferiority complex that is trying to push the blame on someone and that is in itself not looking for equality but further pushing for segregation with the sexes....

And this is why I hate and dislike all feminist a d what they stand for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HELP! I Am Seriously Sex Starved / This Can't Be True!! African Women Have The Smallest breast Sizes In The World!! / She Made This For Me Just Cause I Told Her I Love Her !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.