Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain (36896 Views)

Catalonia Officially Declares Independence From Spain(pictures) / Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain,madrid Approves Direct Rule / Catalan Referendum In Spain: Riot Police Fire Rubber Bullets At Crowd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Naziridamos: 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
Yyeske:
Sorry dear, it doesn't go that way without a fight and I hope you will be in Catalonia to fight for her then come back and fight for Biafra

And the fight we are ready for
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by chukzyfcbb: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2017
malton:

Bro, I'm a barca fan through and through. I follow these events as they develop. You may not know about this, but I'd expect that you do some digging rather than challenge my assertions blindly.

I am a bit busy now, otherwise I would have looked up some links for you. He did mention it sometime in August or September.

A more reason why you should be ashamed to even call yourself a barca fan, because you are not up to date. pls update yourself and come back to my mention. This time around come with a pictorial proof or link. Thank you
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by jayson87: 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2017
Africonji:
This is sign that umu chineke must never lose hope. The sun will surely rise again.
whats this one saying. The sun rising is a constant. It will surely rise tomorrow morning. Go outside your house and see it rise

1 Like

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by martineverest(m): 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2017
Its the end of Spain and Europe..... Belgium, Italy, etc are next
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
kettykin:
this is why i love Europe , What happens now in Spain will to a very large extent determine if Biafra will be realised or not
Seriously?

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by phreakabit(m): 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
Great one!
Congrats!
visca catalunya!
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
malton:

Bro, I'm a barca fan through and through. I follow these events as they develop. You may not know about this, but I'd expect that you do some digging rather than challenge my assertions blindly.

I am a bit busy now, otherwise I would have looked up some links for you. He did mention it sometime in August or September.

You have been spreading alternative facts on this thread. If Catalonia seccedes, Barca will be not be in La liga according to Barca Prez and La Liga Prez http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/10/catalan-independence-affect-fc-barcelona-171004072234424.html

https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2017/09/08/spanish-soccer-league-worried-about-barcelonas-future-if-catalonia-breaks-away.html

Also, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland have the right to seccede from the UK and they have exercised that right. They are still in the UK because majority voted to stay.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_independence_referendum,_2014

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland_border_poll,_1973

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_devolution_referendum,_2011
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by martineverest(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
[quote author=belindar post=61827146]Stupid post. Catalan has not declare independence. Merely voting for it in the parliament did not mean they have declared independence. Wait let them announce it to the world. There are process in advanced countries. [/quote.]learn to verify news b4 spewing trash
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by martineverest(m): 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
ibkayee:
They definitely won't be joining the EU and I don't expect any major European nations to support them, some unpleasant realities ahead. Congrats though
the reverse will be d case....... Catalan break up from Spain will shatter EU...... Expect basque to break off from Spain, Lombardia from Italy, wallonia from Belgium, bravaria from Germany etc
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by rhames(m): 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
malton:

Because the issue of separation is not just a problem for Spain. It far transcends Catalonia. The UK for instance, has had to deal with issues of secession from Northern Ireland, Wales, and now Scotland. Germany has her own with Bavaria. France has some struggles with Corsica and Brittany, while Flanders and Wallonia are threatening to pull Belgium apart. Italy nkor? She's facing or has faced same issues with Sicily, Lombardy, Veneto, and South Tyrol regions. Denmark has the same problems, as does Poland, Romania, Crotia and Czech Republic. The bureaucratic elites are all fighting the same struggles. So they understand where it pinches. Nothing brings two people together like a common struggle. They'd rather collude and deal with Catalonia than side with her.

About an hour ago, Donald Tusk announced on twitter that Spain is the EU's only interlocutor. So, which of the parties do you think they'd support?

These are elites that understand that there are far greater issues at stake rather than support a secession. Even Mao Zedong said revolution is not a cup tea. b
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by martineverest(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
bigfish3k:

I blame the Spanish prime minister, Rajoy, for this, the Catalans even suspended it and was wishing for a discussion, but he was busy forming macho man. now its too late, its either they go into battle , waste precious lives of soldiers and civilians, destroy properties, have economic setback and then finally they will go into round table talk which they earlier avoided. rubbish

lucky dube sang... leaders go to war anytime they like ; some for their rights, some for fun, for their own glory, making people die for the wrongs that they do... oh its painful

stupid Rajoy Mariano... he is just itching for war ' because no be him go die' I tire for some human
I pity Spain...... The Basques who have been battling for secession for decades will now be having upper hand..... The two richest region in Spain are leaving

Italy, Belgium and Germany should becareful
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by lilytender: 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
Spanish Prime Minister of President need to consult General Muhammadu Buhari to learn how to deal with saboteur secessionist. General Muhammadu Buhari dealt with the pigs and idiots from Biafra, he can teach Spain how to deal with the foolish Catalans too.

1 Like

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by ozimec(m): 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2017
stanech:

https://apnews.com/906c64713d5745e586eaecd3f5f06cea?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

I don't understand why some people are always opposed to desintegration. As long as I am concern, any part of a Nation that decides to secede should be allowed to do so as long as it's the desire of the majority, it should be respected.

1 Like

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by asawanathegreat(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu where are u?
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by 8stargeneral: 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2017
Baifra is next,weda buhari like it or not
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by EazyMoh(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
ivolt:

Why does your god never reward but always quick to punish? He didn't bother to punish the people that are currently occupying native American land but he has to go to a faraway Spain to brag about his power.
Are you supposed to be the new atheist on the block? Meet me in religious section I will answer you.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by einsteine(m): 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2017
The rules of the league does not allow non Spanish teams join LA Liga. If the seccession becomes official, Barca automatically is expelled from LA Liga regardless of what Bartomeu thinks or wants.

malton:

Bartomeu, FCB's president has already stated that Barca will remain in La Liga regardless of the outcome.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by guiddoti: 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:
Amen.
Biafra Next In Jesus Name.
North of Nigeria go dey shake in fear.

As Israel left Egypt , so shall we.
I hope my ND isn't included in your prayer grin

Say no to Egypt -Israel- Babylon.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by einsteine(m): 6:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
Actually, he is dealing with them much better than Buharis crude tactics. You would notice that no country is in support of Catalan independence.
lilytender:
Spanish Prime Minister of President need to consult General Muhammadu Buhari to learn how to deal with saboteur secessionist. General Muhammadu Buhari dealt with the pigs and idiots from Biafra, he can teach Spain how to deal with the foolish Catalans too.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by einsteine(m): 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
As a matter of fact, the La Liga president said the exact OPPOSITE of what you are saying. In any case, the rules of the Spanish league only allows clubs from Spain and Andorra take part in the league. In the event of a seccession, Barca is automatically expelled from La Liga and would have to wait for the rule to first be amended before they can be readmitted.

malton:

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by chrisoml(m): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Chiedu4Trump: 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2017
guiddoti:
I hope my ND isn't included in your prayer grin

Say no to Egypt -Israel- Babylon.

Well the people that count are with us.
Akwa Ibom people want Biafra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMuDJiKRyxY

I doint need to tell you that Rivers too wants Biafra.
Thats our capital

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3sYpenlmU

Na wetin Briggs go discuss with Kanu.
how we go waka together.

Feel free to remain & serve the North

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5626105_biafrabriggskanu_jpg5ae2e6aece8a46644b54debcc91c2535

1 Like

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by shevy878: 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2017
Spylord48:
Declaring independence isn't the problem but who will recognize them? The only way this independence will work is only if they will be all alone. EU have already said that they can't recognize them, UK is too scared to recognize them because They have Scotland at their backyard waiting patiently to strike. USA has done the same thing too. The only organisation and association that will recognize them easily is FIFA.Spain will fight tooth and nail not to allow them go easily. I just hope it won't result to a bloody conflict.
yu spoke lik a child
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Spylord48: 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
shevy878:
yu spoke lik a child
Mr Adult go and recognize them then Na.
Uk have already declared their support for Spanish unity even EU too.
Maybe you can support them since the elites are shying away from recognizing them.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Chiedu4Trump: 6:35pm On Oct 27, 2017
MOD why u comot my post for front page? angry
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
hucienda:
Serious.

Is there going to be a second Spanish Civil War? Or will Madrid respect the wish of the Catalans?
The EU will never allow that to happen .
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by erico2k2(m): 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2017
Spylord48:

Mr Adult go and recognize them then Na.
Uk have already declared their support for Spanish unity even EU too.
Maybe you can support them since the elites are shying away from recognizing them.
They are just talking frm their backside the UK will.remember brexit ? Remember what the US and the rest of EU said ?

1 Like

Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by erico2k2(m): 6:40pm On Oct 27, 2017
einsteine:
The rules of the league does not allow non Spanish teams join LA Liga. If the seccession becomes official, Barca automatically is expelled from LA Liga regardless of what Bartomeu thinks or wants.

They will form thier own league . Lol
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Exclusive32: 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2017
Spylord48:
Declaring independence isn't the problem but who will recognize them? The only way this independence will work is only if they will be all alone. EU have already said that they can't recognize them, UK is too scared to recognize them because They have Scotland at their backyard waiting patiently to strike. USA has done the same thing too. The only organisation and association that will recognize them easily is FIFA.Spain will fight tooth and nail not to allow them go easily. I just hope it won't result to a bloody conflict.
USA will recognise them, UK will recognise them, Russia are anti EU, they will recognise them. USA loves anything anti EU.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by seun9303: 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
erico2k2:

They are just talking frm their backside the UK will.remember brexit ? Remember what the US and the rest of EU said ?
what did the US and the rest of EU said? also post the source... thanks.
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Spylord48: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2017
erico2k2:

Uk has already said that they won't recognize them
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41783238

Even though Russia is anti-EU, they know this matter is delicate. They themselves have their own secessionists group that want to seceed in Chechnya region. What message do U think it will pass to them? Believe me Catalonia is on it's own
Re: Catalan Parliament Declares Independence From Spain by Spylord48: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2017
seun9303:
what did the US and the rest of EU said? also post the source... thanks.
leave them.They think that secession is a child's play. maybe that why most Ipob are shouting Israel,EU, USA, UK yet the people dy are calling did as if they don't hear the calls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trump Calls Emergency U.N Meeting Over Success In North Korea Missile Test(Pics) / Ugandan Young Man Jailed After Professing Love For Female Lawmaker. Photos / Jewish Man Dies After Being Struck By Pro-Palestinian Protester In Los Angeles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.