Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning (15586 Views)

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Dangote Blasts State Governors For High Poverty Rate In Northern Nigeria / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 6:30am On Oct 30, 2017
This is Aba

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 6:35am On Oct 30, 2017
Same aba, even though not too pleasant a view with regards roads and enviroment, my attention is the multistorey residential pattern to butress my support for the argument,that eastern Nigeria has the highest concentration of multistorey buildings in the whole of sub Saharan African

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 6:38am On Oct 30, 2017
I have been to owerri and I didn't observe same pattern like it is in other states of the east. But one thing l for sure and a statement of fact, you cannot find bungalow. If you do, then its a government low income residential scheme. Like world bank estate and the likes

It is from a storey building rising to 3,4 or 5. But not as much as it is in anambra,abia and Enugu.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2017
As for ebonyi, I have not been there but check this ipob rally video in abakaliki, you will notice the concentration of multistorey buildings on both sides of the road more like a boulevard even more than owerri by my guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD2BWgoGUc
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by QueenSekxy(f): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2017
laudate:

Oga, how many states have you lived in apart from Lagos and Kwara that led you to conclude that "poverty is more prevalent in Lagos than any state in Nigeria?" Have you lived in Kogi, Benue, Zamfara or Sokoto, before? Tell us, o! shocked Before you can come to that conclusion that poverty is more in Lagos than any of the other 36 states in Nigeria, you must have lived in many different places within the country. undecided

You also said: "a lot of people that are balling at Lagos are into rituals,crime,etc". sad How many people exactly do you know in Lagos that are into crime?? Lagos has over 15 million people residing within the state, so did you do a survey to arrive at this conclusion? I do not deny that there are criminal elements in Lagos. Heck, everyone cannot be a saint! But I still know many straight forward businessmen who do clean legit business, from catering supplies to construction, real estate, engineering, Infotech consultancy, diesel sales, clothes designing, auto garage maintenance, corporate training, agro-allied processing, fish farming etc., and are earning a successful living from it. So please speak for yourself, o! If you only know fraudsters and ritual killers, then you need to check yourself to ask why this is so. undecided
thought you said you are not an afonja? ?but have never seen you in any thread concerning the minorities or something benefiting the minorities..but always on Yoruba issue..

stop lieing about your identity boy

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by PierreDeFermath(m): 7:42am On Oct 30, 2017
laudate:

Oga, what is the proportion of people doing shady stuff under their legitimate business? shocked How many do you know? There are over 15 million people in Lagos. Is it all of them doing shady dark stuff underneath their legit business? Why do you like exaggerating like this? And how come all the people you know in Lagos are doing dark stuff underneath their legit business?? shocked There is a proverb that says: "Show me your friends, and I will show you who you are!" Why don't you think before you talk??
read my comment properly,I didn't say all but some. those I know are not even my friends but family friends,etc and old enough to be my father. some deceased out of chasing money in fetish ways and covering up with biz. only God knows the skeleton everybody has in his cupboard but many people really have skeletons and you will never know,you won't see any sacred room or suspect them but if people get to find out and see clear evidence,you would be so surprised
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by AnambraDota: 7:54am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
This is Aba

YORUBAS ARE TOO LAZY TO WORK HARD, TRAVEL AND CURE THEMSELVES OF IGNORANCE.

LIVING IN SLUMS AND GHETTOS ARE THE HALLMARK OF YORUBA POPULACE, THEY GLORIFY MISERY BY TELLING YOU LAGOS IS THE BEST THING OUT OF SPACE.

LAZINESS HAVE REALLY BECLOUDED YORUBA SENSE OF REASONING. THEY THINK LIVING IN A GHETTOS IN LAGOS IS BETTER THAN LIVING IN GRA IN ABAKALIKI OR YENEGOA.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Guestlander: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
As for ebonyi, I have not been there but check this ipob rally video in abakaliki, you will notice the concentration of multistorey buildings on both sides of the road more like a boulevard even more than owerri by my guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHD2BWgoGUc

The south east is one of the most densely populated areas in the whole of Africa. When you cramp about 30 million people in a space roughly the size of Oyo state you have nowhere to build but up.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2017
AnambraDota:

LIVING IN SLUMS AND GHETTOS ARE THE HALLMARK OF YORUBA POPULACE, THEY GLORIFY MISERY BY TELLING YOU LAGOS IS THE BEST THING OUT OF SPACE.

LAZINESS HAVE REALLY BECLOUDED YORUBA SENSE OF REASONING. THEY THINK LIVING IN A GHETTOS IN LAGOS IS BETTER THAN LIVING IN GRA IN ABAKALIKI OR YENEGOA.
well, I have travelled and stayed in all the southern region for a substantiable length of time, hence i can tell the difference in the regions and standard of living and for real, the south south and south east have higher standard of living and to add, housing is the singular most important indicator for measuring standard of living. Because it defines hygiene, environment and health in one picture.

And if you live well, you will surly eat well

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 8:15am On Oct 30, 2017
Guestlander:

The south east is one of the most densely populated areas in the whole of Africa. When you cramp about 30 million people in a space roughly the size of Oyo state you have nowhere to build but up.
you are right, which also support the argument that the east has more multistorey buildings than any place in Nigeria or Africa... As being argued by a poster in the previous page

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by 1wolex85: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:

I suggest its better to do more research on that..personally, I won't speak for anambra but as someone who grew up in the east generally(port Harcourt to be specific) I can confidently tell you that south east has the highest concentration of multistorey residential building if not in sub Saharan Africa, then west Africa.,with Anambra,Enugu and Abia leading the park.

This is Onitsha in anambra

You are very funny, the high rise service apartments in Ikoyi alone is enough. Then if we go to the estates, do you know how many 3 storey blocks, festac alone has? Please this is not an argument abeg.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by MbaMbaMbaMba: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2017
AnambraDota:

You mean traveling to the same place you run away from is adventure to you. Oga Painter, why are you still living in your parents house at your age if you are not lazy. We have seen your pics here many times, and poverty is written boldly on your forehead. People migrate to where there is opportunity, why are you all running away from the East?

You think smuggling cocaine, setting up a baby factory company and fake drugs business is hard work. Most of you have no shame, and its because of the flatness of una head. Smh

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Guestlander: 8:17am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
well, I have travelled and state in all the southern region for a substantiable length of time, hence a can tell the difference in the regions and standard of living and for real, the south south and south east, have higher standard of living and to add, living standard is the singular most important indicator for measuring standard of living. Because it defines hygiene, environment and health in one picture.

The reality on the ground does not support your assertion. All over the world people migrate to where the standard of living is higher not out of there.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by MbaMbaMbaMba: 8:19am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
well, I have travelled and stayed in all the southern region for a substantiable length of time, hence i can tell the difference in the regions and standard of living and for real, the south south and south east, have higher standard of living and to add, housing is the singular most important indicator for measuring standard of living. Because it defines hygiene, environment and health in one picture.

Where is the proof to backup your claim? I can claim to have traveled all over Nigeria and say the North west is like Eldorado. Bring your data to backup your claim abeg.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Guestlander: 8:22am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
you are right, which also support the argument that the east has more multistorey buildings than any place in Nigeria or Africa... As being argued by a poster in the previous page

Lagos state is also densely populated with economy far stronger than that of the SE. Remember, this is Lagos alone not the whole of the SW.
Not only that, there are more towns and cities in the SW than the SE.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 8:27am On Oct 30, 2017
Guestlander:

The reality on the ground does not support your assertion. All over the world people migrate to where the standard of living is higher not out of there.
not necessarily Mister, people also migrate for economic opportunities.

What are the Chinese and Indians doing in africa?

What of Nigerians in Togo, Benin, Cameroon, Niger, south Sudan etc? Are those countries better than Nigeria in standard of living?

Again what of southerners in the north, does the north have a better standard of living than the south?

Site a seaport in the likes of that in Lagos in the eastern region and see migration reduced.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 30, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

The yorubaman living near me here is so poor that he begs for a living. He is sophisticated in poverty .
You people will not talk with ur facts, statistics and reality, your inferiority complex in dis nation get as he be o. On the other hand, I will categorically tell you dat Igbomen are suffering d most and are languishing in harsh poverty d most in Nigeria. I do often see them everyday. Do you know how many igbos have contacted me so that they can come to any part of d west this year?
Can you ever compare d wealth of a Yoruba man and Hausa to Igbo man in dis country? Igbo nation cannot come close to dis two afore mentioned tribes.
The Yoruba and Hausa men are way successful in businesses than Igbo men meanwhile Igbo businesses are mostly limited to roadside shops and street hawking and you people will not let us rest.

Your poverty rate has sold ur women cheaply to tribes of d world they will come to d SS, SW, Northern parts to sell their bodies as if they have not ever seen money before. A secondary school yoruba boy would be sleeping and dating a more matured, university graduate or uneducated graduate ibo woman don't u people have shame ni?

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2017
Guestlander:

Lagos state is also densely populated with economy far stronger than that of the SE. Remember, this is Lagos alone not the whole of the SW.
Not only that, there are more towns and cities in the SW than the SE.
the same Lagos economy is stronger than that of all other sw states combines so what is your point?
BTW am not from the SE.

Towns and cities? You mean mushroom forest and delapidated,backwards and uncivilised settlements?

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by ENG1110: 8:35am On Oct 30, 2017
BankeSmalls:

That's how you failed WAEC.

Define what a high rise building is?

Emporis Standards defines a high-rise as "A multi-story structure between 35–100 meters tall, or a building of unknown height from 12–39 floors

So, do you still have more high rise buildings in Anambra?

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
the same Lagos economy is stronger than that of all other sw states combines so what is your point?
BTW am not from the SE.

Towns and cities? You mean mushroom forest and delapidated,backwards and uncivilised settlements?
where are you from then? Northern part or South South grin so we can quote u properly.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2017
1wolex85:

You are very funny, the high rise service apartments in Ikoyi alone is enough. Then if we go to the estates, do you know how many 3 storey blocks, festac alone has? Please this is not an argument abeg.

You sound like a local, untravelled Yoruba boy who sees Lagos as the beginning and the end. Ikoyi that is more like a district. How many block of flats in festac? Same festac i know or where?you are even talking of 3storey, while Onitsha,Aba and Enugu alone are all commanding 4,5,6 and in some cases 7 storeys. How big is ikoyi or festac? Anyways, i leave you to your ignorance. Who am I to school you?

You wonder why all the big southwest owned estate managment firms are running to the east and south south..

All the jide Taiwos, diya fatimileyin and co and a host of many more firms are in every city in the south east/south.

In the east once you are able to convince a landlord to give you his property to manage, do you know what it means to your account statement?

Travel Mister man. That's all I can say

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2017
AnambraDota:

[/s]Go to Europe, America, Asia and other African nations, go and see yorubas there. If we want to travel, is it now a place like eastern Nigeria? A place where its people like you can't stop trooping in mass to our land. We can't stoop so low. Yes, we don't travel because we don't travel to eastern Nigeria. We agree.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by ENG1110: 8:51am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
It is common knowledge that having a high population density with limited land space, people will naturally develop their properties intensively. Similar pattern has been adopted even in Lagos especially in Igbo dominated areas of lagos and even outside Igbo dominated areas, if you check most landlords who owns most of the multi storey buildings,they are usually Igbos. A developmental practice they imported from the east.

In fact,some Yoruba developers will tell you igbos taught us how to build storey buildings. And the new practice now in the absence of space/land. Some igbos go into agreement with stubborn Yoruba landlords who refuse to sell their house for redevelopment. The igbos go into agreement with them to let them fall the old house, rebuild it to multistorey, afterwards the down floor or topmost floor is given to the Yoruba landlord as the cos of land. Hence the Yoruba landlord has no say on the other stories, in the building.

Am a practitioner in the estate management and development field and also studied estate management. So yes, I can speak with authority on such issues.

I agree with your submission, that is why you have more bungalows in the north, because they have more land. However, these are just multi storey buildings, and not high rise.

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 8:57am On Oct 30, 2017
ENG1110:

I agree with your submission, that is why you have more bungalows in the north, because they have more land. However, these are just multi storey buildings, and not high rise.

I never claimed they are high rise buildings, please go read all my comments. High rise buildings in any case are usually, office apartments, hotels and other forms of institutional buildings
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2017
Michael004:
[s][/s]Go to Europe, America, Asia and other African nations, go and see yorubas there. If we want to travel, is it now a place like eastern Nigeria? A place where its people like you can't stop trooping in mass to our land. We can't stoop so low. Yes, we don't travel because we don't travel to eastern Nigeria. We agree.
by you claim, then what are Yoruba's doing in the south south, in the north, in Ghana or other west african countries? Since the southwest is an eldorado where everybody goes too? Expose and cure yourself of ignorance. Thanks

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:

I never claimed they are high rise buildings, please go read all my comments. High rise buildings in any case are usually, office apartments, hotels and other forms of institutional buildings
Anunty, do you know difference between high rise and story building? Why are you showing story building and calling it high rise? Which school did you go to? Even Lagos with the highest high rise in Nigeria only has 150 high rise as at 2016. I am not talking of story building o. Why are you disgracing yourself? When did story building equivalent to high rise?

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
by you claim, then what are Yoruba's doing in the south south, in the north, in Ghana or other west african countries? Since the southwest is an eldorado where everybody goes too? Expose and cure yourself of ignorance. Thanks
And how does south south equivalent to east? What is in the east that can fascinate us to go there like others?

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 9:19am On Oct 30, 2017
Michael004:
Anunty, do you know difference between high rise and story building? Why are you showing story building and calling it high rise? Which school did you go to? Even Lagos with the highest high rise in Nigeria only has 150 high rise as at 2016. I am not talking of story building o. Why are you disgracing yourself? When did story building equivalent to high rise?
go back to my comment s and show me where I mentioned storey buildings as high rise. Its either you cant read or you have comprehension challenges.

I never mentioned high rise mister. You are the one who needs more education on that.
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Gracebae(f): 9:21am On Oct 30, 2017
Michael004:
And how does south south equivalent to east? What is in the east that can fascinate us to go there like others?
hahah so you agree now that SS,the northern region, Ghana and other westbafrican countries were you find yorubas are your London now shey? Hence you migrate there as economic parasites..hehaha..I guess you can see how silly you sound. So long as the place or region is not SE, it is london

By the way, lazy people cant be fascinated by the east Cos the level of competition there is for men with diehard survival instinct

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 9:31am On Oct 30, 2017
Gracebae:
hahah so you agree now that south south is your London now shey? Hence you migrate there..hehaha

By the way, lazy people cant be fascinated by the east Cos the level of competition there is for men with diehard survival instinct
I know my London. I am telling you that, that place is preferable if I am to travel cos they still have something fascinating unlike a barren region.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Whittle Down IGP’s Powers, Decentralises Police Structure / FG To Spend ₦3bn To Acquire & Renovate 4 Properties Forfeited To EFCC In Abuja / The South-West contributions to Nigeria's economy and other myth-busting facts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72