Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning (15579 Views)

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank / Dangote Blasts State Governors For High Poverty Rate In Northern Nigeria / Poverty Rate Of The 36 States In Nigeria By United Nation Poverty Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by tpwealth(m): 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:

There are more high rise building in Anambra alone than Lagos.
Fact.
this one weak me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by ENG1110: 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
Sprumbabafather:

The yorubaman living near me here is so poor that he begs for a living. He is sophisticated in poverty .

You know one poor Yoruba that is poor, and you conclude that yorubas are poor. Analyse that statement and tell me how that speaks of you and your IQ. My igbo neighbor has also not paid his rent since March, does that mean that ibos are poor?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by deomelo: 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Fact.

The Igbo masks his existential insignificance by pretending to be important. He is very boastful; he is always telling you how important, powerful and wealthy he is. He does so even as you can observe him and see that he is as poor as a church mouse!

The Igbo is full of arrogance and braggadocios. He is always praising himself. He is not humble at all; his empty pride gives folk the impression that he is very childish; mature people are not proud and certainly do not boast about their powers...a true adult knows that any human being who so chooses can put a bullet into his head and kill him thus he knows that he is not that powerful.

If you are around the Igbo all you hear are boasts about his real and imaginary accomplishments. He is very vainglory seeking; he is title crazy

In personality structure the typical Igbo has traits of paranoia, narcissism and antisocial personality. He is paranoid because aware of his lack of existential worth, and instead of accepting that reality, he masks it with pretended worth; he pretends to have fictional worth.

The Igbo is narcissistic in that he thinks that he is special and that other people ought to admire him. The Igbo actually imagines that other Nigerians are his inferiors and ought to admire him.

The Igbo is anti-social in that he easily steals and engages in other anti-social behaviors in an effort to seem a very socially important person.

http://chatafrik.com/articles/nigerian-affairs/the-igbo-problem-can-be-fixed/38-the-igbo-problem-can-be-fixed?start=4#.WfX7xVtSyXA

grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by GavelSlam: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
Agentsmith002:
. he will attack ur personality and post ur pictures here and other social media

he will also extract ur family pictures too for ridiculous motive. am sure you wouldn't want that to happen

If I hear.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by GoldNiagara(m): 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
adeolakemi:
the xyz of the Yoruba race Lagos ,remove Lagos and the entire Yoruba region becomes dungeon

Why should Lagos be removed from south west, it is like saying remove Nigeria from Africa, the question is after the removal where do you take Lagos to, east or Kano, just like saying remove Nigeria From Africa and take it to Europe.You have been paying too much attention to iPod senseless reasoning.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by deomelo: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Why should Lagos be removed from south west, it is like saying remove Nigeria from Africa, the question is when you do the removal where do you take Lagos to, east or Kano, just luje saying remove Nigeria Fri. Africa and take it to Europe.You have been paying too much attention to iPod senseless reasoning.

Since they own the whole of Lagos and Abuja, they are going to join Lagos and Abuja to their biafra villages. grin grin

Igbos are the most delusional, ignorant and unintelligent losers under the sun.. grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by laudate: 6:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
Exclusive32:
what we are arguing about is different from your acclaim fake journal. That was then, when it was created. yea, I m living in denial but you are living in fault assertion. no such place like that in bayelsa, stop this lie. By the way, where are you from.
Exclusive32:
I
if I may no, which village do you saw the bamboo house? Because I know you are fun of disseminating bogus lies with hubris.
Guy, I realise that you do not like the truth. sad I pasted an excerpt which was written by eminent Ijaw scholars in a renowned journal for you, and you are still denying it?? Haba! As for the villages where we saw the bamboo houses, it was not just one. And we got there by speedboat, as there were no roads. Anyway, since you want to believe that every Bayelsan is rich, and living in a mansion, let me leave you to do so, since it makes you happy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by MyNewJackeT: 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
ENG1110:

You know one poor Yoruba that is poor, and you conclude that yorubas are poor. Analyse that statement and tell me how that speaks of you and your IQ. My igbo neighbor has also not paid his rent since March, does that mean that ibos are poor?

stop generalizing, Osun state government just confessed to not being able to pay salaries he lied that he's paying half salary

http://guardian.ng/news/i-am-not-happy-paying-civil-servants-half-salaries/

1 Like

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by GoldNiagara(m): 6:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
ENG1110:

Don't waste your time most of them are just uncommonly stupid.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Agentsmith002: 6:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Decksaltedxx:

It seems you want to purposely disgrace the Op, he wont dare go through that route cos you will also suffer with him. Be careful.
. OK. let him continue, i have warned him severally. maybe its time for action
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Agentsmith002: 6:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
Michael004:
[s][/s]
. ok
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Rmxr: 6:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Fact.

Some parts of your brain are missing grin the kind of beating you'll receive if you say this nonsense outside ehn. Just keep your sh.it online

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by mercyville: 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnambraDota:
I saw one funny thread where yorubas were jubilating over IGR of Lagos and how Osun State is least poverty infested state in Nigeria.

I won't even compare the cesspit called Osun State with Yobe or Zamfara State having being there, Osun is poverty capital of SW.

Now they said Lagos is the least poor state in Nigeria, please these people that write these figures have they being to Lagos suburbs or they just obtain IGR figures from the government and distribute on papers among the populace.

Now yoruba dance surugede on, sincere people here what do see you when you pass through all these neighborhoods.
Agege
Orile
Okokomaiko.
Ilaje
Mushin.
Iyana Ipaja
Ijora badia.
Ajegunle.
Ilasa
Bariga.
Shomolu.
Etc

These slums are where the majority of Lagos people live, these areas contribute 80% of the cities population. Alimosho is the most populous LG in Nigeria and Iyana Ipaja is the heartbeat.

Now if you have not been to these slums listed and still believe poverty in Lagos is low, your sins are forgiven but if you have been to these sorry and squealors and still think Lagos poverty is low you are a m0r0n.

Let me tell you guys, there is no way one will be earning good pays or running lucrative business and still live a place with such living condition of these places listed above. Most people who live here earn less than $3 a day, there is no way you will be earning well and here living in majority of the building patterns that dominate the landscape.

Anybody that still lives in those type of houses with one passage in the middle while thousands of tenants live in rooms on both side of the entrance, the toilet and bathroom are always at the back and shared by the entire tenants, no rich persons can live in such arrangement.

Poverty rate in Lagos remain the highest, not just in Nigeria but maybe West Africa. There are more poor and extremely poor people in Lagos than anywhere in Nigeria.
The issue with Lagos is that because of its cosmopolitan nature citizens find it difficult holding the government responsible for a lot of bad decisions.

Lagos is so heterogenous unlike Kogi and Benue where citizens can easily organize themselves attack the government, most people in Lagos rather direct their criticism to their various state governments than to LASG because most people think they have no stake here but just to come and make money but home is where your heart will always be.

There is no level of poverty you can find in any state in Nigeria you can't get in Lagos but more people in Lagos live from hand to mouth than any state in Nigeria.
So face reality and stop basing your argument on paperwork, Lagos is the biggest economy yes but Lagos is home to the poorest people in Nigeria, the wealth is not evenly distributed.

One thing about Igbos is the delusion that has characterized their lives from time immemorial.I remember reading that Ojukwu said that he had the best army in Africa during the civil war but it was all delusion.Igbos said they control the economy of Nigeria but it was later found out that they are parasites.
Igbos said they control Technology,it was later found out that Yorubas control almost 70% of ICT.Igbos said they are the most industrious and they commenced a thread calling out Yorubas to compete with them and at the end it was discovered that they do/did not have up to 7% of the industries in Lagos where they said they control and it occurred to everybody that Yorubas control the economy of Lagos and Nigeria with their massive industries even they have more than the Igbos fourfold abroad.This is the thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

Poverty rate are all dependent on all these indices and more but poverty would not allow them know what facts mean.The research was not carried out by Yorubas but World bank,Nbs and UNO but our always complaining brothers would rather live in delusion.We know you rule Africa in being pioneer ritualists,baby factory workers,kidnapping,mass drug dealing that warranted an English professor to write a book on your drug dealing prowess,stealing and selling of babies and different types of crimes created solely by the Igbos,all in a bid to chestbeat BUT YOU ARE STILL MORE POVERTY STRICKEN THAN THE YORUBAS.Facts are sacrosanct no matter your wailing.. grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by GoldNiagara(m): 6:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
AnambraDota:

If Obosi were to be in Lagos it will be rated alongside Magodo and other highbrow areas but in Anambra its just a regular neighborhood developing, people still have clean air and houses are well ventilated. Though borehole are used, it's better than most places in Lagos except Lekki.

Tell me about the Beverly hills of anambra, you piece of shit.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by deomelo: 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
mercyville:
One thing about Igbos is the delusions that has characterized their lives from time immemorial.I remember reading that Ojukwu said that he had the best army in Africa during the civil war but it was all delusion.Igbos said they control the economy of Nigeria but it was later found out that they are parasites.
Igbos said they control Technology,it was later found out that Yorubas control almost 70% of ICT.Igbos said they are the most industrious and they commenced a thread calling out Yorubas to compete with them and at the end it was discovered that they do/did not have up to 7% of the industries in Lagos where they said they control and it occurred to everybody that Yorubas control the economy of Lagos and Nigeria with their massive industries even they have more than the Igbos fourfold abroad.This is the thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/3918290/yorubas-most-industriousrichest-educated-tribe

Poverty rate are all dependent on all these indices and more but poverty would not allow them know what facts mean.The research was not carried out by Yorubas but World bank,Nbs and UNO but our always complaining brothers would rather live in delusion.We know you rule Africa in being pioneer ritualists,baby factory workers,kidnapping,mass drug dealing that warranted an English professor to write a book on your drug dealing prowess,stealing and selling of babies and different types of crimes created solely by the Igbos,all in a bid to chestbeat BUT YOU ARE STILL MORE POVERTY STRICKEN THAN THE YORUBAS.Facts are sacrosanct no matter your wailing.. grin

Don't mess with the world famous empty and shallow chest beaters, even google sabi their chest beating... grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Rmxr: 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
That was how one fool told us Anambra has more billionaires than Lagos. The kind of weed they smoke in that part of the country needs to be banned grin They talk so much sh..it. Smh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Rmxr: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2017
deomelo:

Haha. That nonsense was written by a certain Chanda Chisala grin cheesy Ipob newspaper new telegraph changed the headline and tagged it "US report". Other Nigerian newspapers saw it and did the same. It even made Frontpage sef . These modafokas have very low self esteem hence they lie about everything. They believe they have to lie to be respected grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by deomelo: 6:58pm On Oct 29, 2017
Rmxr:

Haha. That nonsense was written by a certain Chanda Chisala grin cheesy Ipob newspaper new telegraph changed the headline and tagged it "US report. Other Nigerian newspapers saw it and did the same. It even made Frontpage sef

This modafokas have very low self esteem hence they lie about everything. They believe they have to lie to be respected grin

lmao.

These ipob clowns are comedians and their delusions, ridiculous, wild and absurd claims truly makes me laugh.

There's got to be something in the water they drink in their villages. grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by BankeSmalls(f): 7:03pm On Oct 29, 2017
Rmxr:

Some parts of your brain are missing grin the kind of beating you'll receive if you say this nonsense outside ehn. Just keep your sh.it online

Have you been to Anambra before? Yes or no
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by BankeSmalls(f): 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Tell me about the Beverly hills of anambra, you piece of shit.
Or the beauty of the skulls being dug up at Soka evil forest everyday grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by kettykin: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
with all these hidden hatred and difference , why cant africans be civilized and break up this country so that people can rest

1 Like

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by BankeSmalls(f): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
deomelo:

lmao.

These ipob clowns are comedians and their delusions, ridiculous, wild and absurd claims truly makes me laugh.

There's got to be something in the water they drink in their villages. grin grin

The real delusional ingredients could be found in ewedu grin that's why hunger be beating you black and blue and you be pointing at useless IGR grin

1 Like

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by BankeSmalls(f): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
kettykin:
with all these hidden hatred and difference , why cant africans be civilized and break up this country so that people can rest

One Nigeria forever grin

Life will be boring if I don't see Afonjas to understand their obsession with human skull grin

1 Like

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
Agentsmith002:
Any one of you that refused to take action is a bastard. I am waiting for the action before showing you who I am.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Michael004: 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:

One Nigeria forever grin

Life will be boring if I don't see Afonjas to understand their obsession with human skull grin
Yes o, and the skull in otokoto grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by mercyville: 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
deomelo:

Don't mess with the world famous empty and shallow chest beaters, even google sabi their chest beating... grin grin grin

How could they even think that they are smarter than the Yorubas who built empires,created their own types of clothes,ran one of the most comprehensive government comparable to democracy even before the advent of the British,fought for hundred years home and abroad without been defeated,was the most developed region before their jealous brothers set the pace for the stagnant Nigeria with unitary system of govt etc.Backtrack to the Igbos who were very barbaric and walking naked even up till 1921 up to 1947 according to Prof Patrick Cole,practiced cannibalism etc.If anybody says they are the smartest,then the person should visit a shrink..I tire with this we are better than everybody else mentality that is always a delusion.I think there is something wrong somewhere with the Igbos,honestly.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by BankeSmalls(f): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Michael004:
Yes o, and the skull in otokoto grin

No skull was seen anywhere near otokoto house. If you saw any, show evidence.

It's only in Afonjaland that cutting of human head is a normal thing.
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by BankeSmalls(f): 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
mercyville:
How could they even think that they are smarter than the Yorubas who built empires,created their own types of clothes,ran one of the most comprehensive government comparable to democracy even before the advent of the British,fought for hundred years home and abroad without been permanently defeated,was the most developed region before their jealous brothers set the pace for the stagnant Nigeria with unitary system of govt etc.Backtrack to the Igbos who were very barbaric and walking naked even up till 1921 up to 1947 according to Prof Patrick Cole,practiced cannibalism etc.If anybody says they are the smartest,then the person should visit a shrink..I tire with this we are better than everybody else mentality that is always a delusion.I think there is something wrong somewhere with the Igbos,honestly.

The only thing remaining of Afonjaland empires are brown roofs, and human skulls being cut and stored in every freezer grin
Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by Decksaltedxx: 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Agentsmith002:

Which foolish action. Noisemaking action right? Gerrrahere jor.

5 Likes

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by cstr1000: 7:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
No need for long story.
Their yansh go soon open again.
Na here we go dey when Ogun state workers will start protesting for salaries and stealing pots of amala.
Yapping about IGR they contribute absolutely nothing to and have zero impact on their socio-economic well-being.
The biggest IGR with the biggest debts. Incredible.

1 Like

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by GoldNiagara(m): 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Or the beauty of the skulls being dug up at Soka evil forest everyday grin

How about the baby factory churning out canned babies for 3 a dime, tell me about it babe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poverty rate and Yoruba reasoning by mercyville: 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Fact.
Please where is the fact.How many estates are there in Anambra?The modern buildings in Ibadan only surpass the entire eastern states..so are the brown roofs.I AM NOT SURPRISED,YOU SAID YOU HAVE 70% INDUSTRIES IN LAGOS UNTIL YOUR YANSH WAS BLOWN OPENED THAT YOU ARE PARASITES.For your information,Anambra does not even have 1/10 of the high rise buildings in Lagos talkless of having up to it.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor Seeks Pardon For Detained IPOB Members, Writes FG / RUGA: Umahi Threatens To Sue Pascal Oluchukwu, Gives 7-Day Ultimatum / IDPs: Peter Obi Excuses Ortom's Non-Payment Of Salaries, Pensions (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.