Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4436437 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
South Africa originates and Naira follow.....Electronic jammer story smashed to pieces....South Africa believes in quality and Nairas believes in quantity....Hence numbers are thrown around so much instead of quality

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689:

Clown

Skysheild is just one of many phases of the GBADS programe.

Starstreak and various Radar and Fire-system acquisitions were Phase 2 and 1 respectively.

Are you really just going to lie straight to my face?

And no equipment/weapon purchases have been indefinitely suspended.

Fool, SANDF has NO and NO and NO single GBADS in operation today. Year 2017 is completion date, even Umkhonto land based air defense missile is NOT yet in service.

We have repeated post and source over 20 times from July to August, South African government is broke and ALL new weapons and equipment purchases are suspended until future.

GBADS has kissed you goodbye until after year 2020, wishing you better luck in 7 years time cheesy cheesy

[size=14pt]http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-35436/[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
agaugust:

Fool, SANDF has NO and NO and NO single GBADS in operation today. Year 2017 is completion date, even Umkhonto land based air defense missile is NOT yet in service.

We have repeated post and source over 20 times from July to August, South African government is broke and ALL new weapons and equipment purchases are suspended until future.

GBADS has kissed you goodbye until after year 2020, wishing you better luck in 6 years time cheesy cheesy

[size=14pt][/size]

The starstreak wants a word with you.

And citation to show our government is broke... because if we are broke than what is Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689:

And citation to show our government is broke...

[size=20pt]http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-35436/[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
agaugust:

[size=20pt]http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-35436/[/size]

[size=15pt]And where does it say that the government is broke?[/size]

It says that on the current budget the SANDF MAY have to take drastic measures.

Bending the truth again are we?

You are so easy to manipulate, i set my trap and you took it hook line and sinker.

Liar.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689:

The starstreak wants a word with you.

Startstreak SAM Definition :

A one man one hand missile with 1km maximum altitude/ceiling for shoo.ting do.wn Pigeons
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
agaugust:

A one man one hand missile with 1km maximum altitude/ceiling for shoo.ting do.wn Pigeons

Pigeons are more troublesome than the 4 airworthy F-7's in the Nigerian Airforce

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2014

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689:

[size=15pt]And where does it say that the government is broke?[/size]

It says that on the current budget the SANDF MAY have to take drastic measures.

Bending the truth again are we?

You are so easy to manipulate, i set my trap and you took it hook line and sinker.

Liar.

[size=16pt]"The SA National Defence Force (SANDF) is facing a "catastrophic" multi-billion-Rand financial crisis that could force mass retrenchments and the indefinite postponement of the acquisition of essential equipment..."

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-35436/

Chew on that...Broke and Retaarded tongue tongue [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]The SA National Defence Force (SANDF) is facing a "catastrophic" multi-billion-Rand financial crisis that could force mass retrenchments and the indefinite postponement of the acquisition of essential equipment[/size]

Chew on that...Broke and Retaarded tongue tongue

Facing

Future tense

A matter which came out right before the budget is decided.

Put two and two together.

Also, still waiting for your to show us where it says our government is broke.

Liar.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]"The SA National Defence Force (SANDF) is facing a "catastrophic" multi-billion-Rand financial crisis that could force mass retrenchments and the indefinite postponement of the acquisition of essential equipment..."

Chew on that...Broke and Retaarded tongue tongue [/size]

1. Wait for the budget speech
2. Wait for the defense review to be pushed through parliament.

STILL waiting for you to show us our government is broke.

We have more money than Nigeria can even comprehend. When its time to spend it, we will.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HandOfChukwu: 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689:

Dude, the fact that you speak english, wear western cloths and have access to technology proves that its a white mans world.

Our laws.
Our economic system.
Our medicine
Our everything

All comes from one thing: Whites

Being colored and in a white mans world has not stopped my from acheiving what I want.

But, you being a black man and deluding yourself about silly notions of "white devils" is what is keeping you a narrow minded underclass.

Only fools see for world for what it should be and not what it is.

btw, yes, we are bush warriors, we won our freedom through combat. We won our peace through combat. South Africa is what it is today because after 300 years, whites and blacks got tired of smashing the sh1t out of each other and decided to settle in peace. Are we perfect? No. But we are more free and more equal than your mind can even comprehend. While on the other hand, the british just got bored of nigeria and left and you remain the slaves of your black masters - in true Nigerian style, the powerful sell their brothers to the west
LOL, you are such a b1tch.

Our laws come from the ancient texts of Black and Brown people in Egypt and Babylonia as well as the later invasion by the Moors who were responsible for bringing civilization to Europe in 800AD during the dark ages. Ancient African and Asian civilizations were flourishing for thousands and thousands of years while the whites were living in caves too busy having sex with Neanderthals and any other creatures they could find.
I would say they used to eat raw uncooked and uncleaned meat but they still do that unfortunately, they call it rare, we call it raw.

Our medicine has all been credited to the ancient black Egyptians by the ancient Greeks, the Egyptians transformed the Greeks from cave warriors into a great civilization after they allowed the Greeks to come and to study in Egypt for many years. Greek scholars Thales, Hippocrates, Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato and and many more Greek scholars were all taught there, they then used what they learned to teach the Romans.

Our economics? They run the economy in your country yes, I agree, and the reason is because of idiots like you that are to busy talking rubbish on the internet instead of going outside to actually do something other than r@ping children or making tea and biscuits for your white slave masters, get a life boy. Go and help your people.

As for our education system, "Egypt was the cradle of mathematics," - Aristotle. In addition to that little quote they ALL learned EVERYTHING they knew about anything in ancient Egypt, I could find a thousand more quotes but I have a life, unlike you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
South Africa
revenues: $88.53 billion
expenditures: $105.5 billion (2013 est.)

Nigeria
revenues: $23.85 billion
expenditures: $31.51 billion (2013 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2056.html

[size=20pt]LOL LOL LOL ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
HandOfChukwu: LOL, you are such a b1tch.

Our laws come from the ancient texts of Black and Brown people in Egypt and Babylonia as well as the later invasion by the Moors who were responsible for bringing civilization to Europe in 800AD during the dark ages. Ancient African and Asian civilizations were flourishing for thousands and thousands of years while the whites were living in caves too busy having sex with Neanderthals and any other creatures they could find.
I would say they used to eat raw uncooked and uncleaned meat but they still do that unfortunately, they call it rare, we call it raw.

Our medicine has all been credited to the ancient black Egyptians by the ancient Greeks, the Egyptians transformed the Greeks from cave warriors into a great civilization after they allowed the Greeks to come and to study in Egypt for many years. Greek scholars Thales, Hippocrates, Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato and and many more Greek scholars were all taught there, they then used what they learned to teach the Romans.

Our economics? They run the economy in your country yes, I agree, and the reason is because of idiots like you that are to busy talking rubbish on the internet instead of going outside to actually do something other than r@ping children or making tea and biscuits for your white slave masters, get a life boy. Go and help your people.

As for our education system, "Egypt was the cradle of mathematics," - Aristotle. In addition to that little quote they ALL learned EVERYTHING they knew about anything in ancient Egypt, I could find a thousand more quotes but I have a life, unlike you.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hand of Chwakaka confirmed for goat-herder

Who told you this "history"? A witchdoctor?

And btw, you yourself confirmed that the Egyptians were arab and not black or african.

Dude, I dont take you seriously enough to even begin to debunk this mindless, revisionist , drivel.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HandOfChukwu: 8:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689:

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Hand of Chwakaka confirmed for goat-herder

Who told you this "history"? A witchdoctor?

And btw, you yourself confirmed that the Egyptians were arab and not black or african.

Dude, I dont take you seriously enough to even begin to debunk this mindless, revisionist , drivel.
When did i say the Egyptians were Arab? Why are you acting like a typical South African monkey again? Haven't you had your medication today?

If you think you can disprove anything I stated previously then do it..............
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689: South Africa
revenues: $88.53 billion
expenditures: $105.5 billion (2013 est.)

Nigeria
revenues: $23.85 billion
expenditures: $31.51 billion (2013 est.)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2056.html

[size=20pt]LOL LOL LOL ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK[/size]
u may like this NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT BUDGET BOTH FEDERAL,STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
source: www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/budgets-fg-34-states-spend-n10-67trn/
source 2; www.informationng.com/2014/01/budgets-fg-34-states-to-spend-n10-67trn.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
@AUGUSTUS A BROKE MILITARY DO NOT CONDUCT A MILITARY MANOUVRE OF SUCH MAGNITUDE WHICH NEEDS A LOT OF MONEY TO EXECUTE

This year’s Exercise Seboka will, according to the Director: Corporate Communications of the SA National Defence Force (SANDF), be different to previous years in that it will not be limited to the landward force.

Seboka 2014 runs from September 1 to 24 with 43 SA Brigade headquarters responsible for planning and conduct of the exercise.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
South African President Jacob Zuma’s commitment to the nascent African Capacity for Immediate Response to Crises (ACIRC) force is currently the major topic occupying planners in particularly the landward and airborne arms of the SA National Defence Force (SANDF).

While no official acknowledgement or announcement regarding South Africa’s contribution to ACIRC has been made, those in the loop point to the Commander-in-Chief having instructed his generals to make provision for a thousand strong South African contingent, with the necessary equipment, to be ready to deploy under the African Union (AU) banner in the not too distant future. IS THERE A SIGN OF AN ARMY IN CRISIS

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
HandOfChukwu: When did i say the Egyptians were Arab? Why are you acting like a typical South African monkey again? Haven't you had your medication today?

If you think you can disprove anything I stated previously then do it..............

This hand of chikucrook is such a joke. Gobbledygook upon gobbledygook!

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
SHORT FALL IN BUDGET IS NOT AN INDICATION OF A CRISIS@AUGUSTUS The Pentagon is projecting a $22 billion shortfall in its operations-and-maintenance budget, despite receiving an appropriations bill that funds the Defense Department for the remainder of the fiscal year, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said.

In addition, sequestration cuts, which must be implemented between now and Sept. 30, are expected to total $41 billion, down from earlier projections of $46 billion, Hagel said Thursday during a briefing at the Pentagon.

Since October, DoD had been operating under a continuing resolution, which froze spending at 2012 levels, prevented new program starts and did not allow money transfers between accounts. Congress passed a 2013 appropriations bill that President Barack Obama signed into law earlier this week. The Pentagon must apply the mandated sequestration cuts to that budget.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130329/DEFREG02/303290013/DoD-22B-Shortfall-Operations-Maintenance

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
agaugust:

NOPE,the SANDF uses the LML version.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
agaugust:

[code][/code]
Chew on that...Broke and Retaarded tongue tongue [/size[i][/i][/i][/sub][b][/b][i][email][/email][sub][/i][i][/i][sub][/sub]]

Sorry, that wish of yours will never materialise that's why we have hired brilliant accountants in our force not fakes like you.[i]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2014
PrinxArthur1: u may like this NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT BUDGET BOTH FEDERAL,STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT
source: www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/budgets-fg-34-states-spend-n10-67trn/
source 2; www.informationng.com/2014/01/budgets-fg-34-states-to-spend-n10-67trn.html

Like it or not SA has a budget 4× bigger than that of Nigeria. Gauteng alone has a budget as big as half and quota of the whole budget of Nigeria.

Dangote's assets are even worth more than what the whole of Nigeria is worth.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689:

so in a hypothetical war with nigeria we would end up ignoring 99% of the munitions they fire at us grin grin grin grin grin
Yep,not forgetting the Skyshield can also calculate the incoming RAM's(rocket,artillery and missile) POO(point of origin). Meaning artillery or precision smart bombs will within minutes struck the unit responsible for the attack. Or insert mortar teams with ground search radar to destroy them.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
patches689:

Facing

Future tense

A matter which came out right before the budget is decided.

Put two and two together.

Also, still waiting for your to show us where it says our government is broke.

Liar.
So we(SA) are about to go on another shopping spree and the public still has fresh memories of the alleged corruption deals in the SDP. "How about we spread stories of the armed forces being in a bad state,to distract them"? Someone would say. A story to justify more funds for the SANDF without a public outcry? Who knows.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
agaugust:

South African police has one toy electronic jammer on top jeep cheesy
They are not even ashamed to post it here, see the antenna like that of toilet cockroach cheesy

Do you mean SAPS which is also allocated a budget as bigger than the whole of Lagos state.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
The SANDF still remains Africa's most mobile force. From motorised infantry,mechanised,airborne and soon sea landing. A well balanced military unlike some whom will buy a Cobra today and buy a BigFoot MRAP tomorrow. In a real war full blown Nigeria would be crashed while the military's logistics chief is still trying to mobile,sort out ammo and spares and allow forces to move forward.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
As the saying goes that the poorest army is seen at its riffles. Have you all seen how warn out is Nigerian army's AK47. One cannot differentiate them from those of rebels.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2014
The Nigerian military is a logistics nightmare. How do you resupply a force that operates "un-standardised" weapon systems in the front lines of a high intensity war? From different calibres,spares and system sizes. what happens? The military machine stops,logistics officers try sort out the mess. While a well oiled military machine moves quickly,highly mobile to strike with the deadliest efficiency Aka Mamba strike. Applying combat power where it is needed and effectly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
FighterPilot:

Like it or not SA has a budget 4× bigger than that of Nigeria. Gauteng alone has a budget as big as half and quota of the whole budget of Nigeria.

Dangote's assets are even worth more than what the whole of Nigeria is worth.
Citation plssssss

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
FighterPilot: As the saying goes that the poorest army is seen at its riffles. Have you all seen how warn out is Nigerian army's AK47. One cannot differentiate them from those of rebels.
No DM rifles. When it comes to infantry weapons the SANDF is experienced and equipped its members well for the African battle field.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
PrinxArthur1: Which if I like I'll edit Wikipedia as u did and change it to approximately mach 2

Dont forget to substantiate because umkhonto speed in wikipedia has been substantiated from another source.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.