Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4447743 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689:

"Pathetic Military"

18 Rebel groups operate in Nigeria
- Defeated multiple times in open battle by BH
- Lost multiple towns to BH
- Men mutiny
- Men shoot at commanders
- Half a battalion ran away into Cameroon
- you top the world terror rankings
- you leave men stranded on missions in Sudan
- you couldent get a Bn of men to Mali
- when they got there they were of such poor quality that they were regulated to guard duty
- Your Navy is unable to go to sea
- Your waters are the new piracy hot-spot of the world
- 3 of your ships have been blown up by their crews
- you "lose" a Alpha jet. not lost in combat, lost as in "we dont know where it is"
- Your own state leaders ADMIT THAT THEY CANNOT SAFELY ENTER THE CONTESTED AREAS IN NIGERIA

"the 2012 Defence Review, says the SANDF is “critically deficient in the skill, motivation, and ethos that is required to operate"

"South Africa has the oldest infantry troops in the world"
. Lol.... The SANDF is a retirement home.

"Unfortunately, the SANDF is already sitting with an array of expensive hardware that it cannot deploy, either because it lacks the skilled crews – hence 12 mothballed Gripen aircraft – or because it can’t afford the running costs."

"The air force, for example, has been reduced to being a flying limousine service for African National Congress politicians"

" However, it’s a fact that while the SAAF’s helicopter squadrons receive a generous allocation for VIP flights – last year the Durban-based 15 Squadron got 300 hours flying time to ferry the Zuma entourage to and from Nkandla – they get very little for training and nothing at all for sea and mountain rescue."

http://m.thoughtleader.co.za/williamsaundersonmeyer/2014/03/29/time-for-the-sandf-to-slim-down-and-shape-up/?wpmp_switcher=mobile
(

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689: We are even selling them cool

Mokopa MMW ATGM: $300-350,000
Mokopa IIR ATGM: $250-300,000
http://nationcreation.wikia.com/wiki/Modern_Day_Military_Pricing_List

[size=14pt]Bwahahaha grin grin

Patches has fallen into a trap!

That website is full of fake information!

It says all its weapons list is taken from...

http://z9.invisionfree.com/21c/index.php

Do you know what invisionfree website is?

It is a role playing website of imaginary things where young boys play with ideas, it is NOT real !

See the price for old F-15 jet for $170 million per unit listed there....Patches has been fooled by kids.

All that data is fake, I can show you list of NAF aircraft on invisionfree website, it says NAF has Flying Leopard Long Range Chinese Strike Jets Fighter Bombers and over 200 new assorted jet fighters types that we don't have.

Patches just been scammed by kids because of his dull South African b.rain grin grin

Mokopa has NO mmW and IIR, nothing like that in South Africa, that's the reason DENEL says nothing about it.

Desperate fool of Gauteng has just disgraced himself again o !

. [/size]

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

NAF F-7 jets air to air PL-9C missiles range is 22km so ALL your Rooivalks are already dead before they even notice a Nigerian T-84 tank.....fool you forgot that not only you have an air force....fool grin grin

The IRIS-T range is 25km. So all your air craft are already DEAD.

You want us to have childish argument?

SAAF can destroy most air forces in sub-saharan Africa,cause of the support it has from GBADS to other systems.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
MikeZA: Lmaaaoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What is this idi..ot saying?

You want us to post pictures of computers?

Dude all you'll see is the combat software.

Ever seen SANDF Gripens,Hawks,Heroine class subs etc? The Link-ZA is installed in them.

And what's with this picture you just posted? What do you wanna prove with it?

Using your logic: Prove it to us your bombs are real,by posting the warheads.

You cannot prove SANDF has operational Data Links, okay? I rest my case.

SAloanNDF = no data links.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ZeusAyo: 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
MikeZA: SAMs?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
google is your friend bro..........pintle mounted MANPAD
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Knock knock!

Who's there?

Block!

Block who?

Block-your-choppa-odda!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/us-blocks-nigeria-s-purchase-of-chinook-helicopters-from-israel/189710/

US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase of Chinook Helicopters from Israel cry

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt]

Mokopa has NO mmW and IIR, nothing like that in South Africa, that's the reason DENEL says nothing about it.

Desperate fool of Gauteng has just disgraced himself again o !

. [/size]

You conveniently missed two citations:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/idex_2013_news_coverage_report_pictures_video/denel_dynamics_showcases_a_full_range_of_its_tactical_missile_products_at_idex_2013_2102131.html

http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/latest-south-african-missile-achieves-qualification-2011-01-26
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

T-84 tank, not T-80....fool grin

Nigerian air defence is NOT mythical, we have displyed them in action on this forum. All South African air force aircraft will be sh.ot down in 1 minute.

Mokopa has 10km range, now show us the range of the FLIR targeting system on your Rooivalk helicopters.....it is less than 5km... Rooivalk will be withing death zone range of Nigerian army k.iller Roland anti-aircraft missiles and Shilka AAA has 7km maximum range.

Fool of Gauteng ; D ; D

Did you know: The LH-40,LH-40C and LH-41C can operate between 80m to 20 000m?

Which were procured under project Acrobat and more tenders were issued around two months back for more!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GreenandGold: 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
Henry120:

#GoGetAvaitionFuel

If I were you I wouldn't say that... a SAAF Hercules flew into your airspace just 48hours ago.

#WeFlyIntoYourAirspace

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
Henry120:

Yes, highly mobile in a broke state.
Arrived in Nigeria in a broken state?

Able to deploy a battalion group,with air support and support elements within 24 to 48 hours,in a broken state?

What's broken is the equipment your armed forces hoarded for many without upgrades and maintains contracts.

BH parties,kills and launches sustained attacks inside Nigeria,with your air forces doing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kikuyu1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
Some corrections. I see you guys repeat misconceptions-allow me to correct you. The Hind isn't s hit-not by any means! It's so heavily armoured 50% of those shot down in Agfhanistan flew again! I read a mag recently a Russian spets said so I don't have a link.
The Rooivalk was good-its still good,so good in fact the Brits wanted it. The US refused to share codes that would allow it to use Hellfires though it had the better Mokopa and added more political pressure so Johnny Brit said no.
Many of you S Africans have shouted about the attempted shooting of the 7th div commander-that kind of thing is much more common than you may think.
[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfcIZa4ZdaDAiuBQNxu_1kZKfTzkxcoF9q6Pz8kqnM8hPYWqTo[/img]

This movie was a hit in the late 80s about the 101 Airborne battle for Hamburger battle.
In the aftermath of Hamburger Hill, G.I. SAYS, one of many underground papers published by enlisted men in Vietnam at the time, offered a $10,000 bounty for the killing of Lt. Col. Honeycutt who, despite the heavy losses incurred by the 101st, bragged that he had been successful in his mission which was to kill the enemy and destroy his equipment.
http://www.newdemocracyworld.org/old/War/fragging.htm

I've seen estimates of up to 40% of all NCO & officer deaths in Vietnam being attributed to fragging-murder by the men.
"During the years of '69 down to '73 we have incidents of fragging--that is shooting or hand grenading your NCO or officer who orders you out into the field. The U.S. Army itself does not know exactly how many . . .officers were murdered, but they know of at least 600 cases, and they have another 1400 who died mysteriously."
So you see;its not at all uncommon!

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Nigeria has 11 fully air worthy F-7 jets and 20 PL-9C missiles and 150 PL-7 missiles.

So if all the jets of an air force don't fly together in one photos then they are not operational? Then USAF needs to fly 2,000 jet fighters together inside one big photo....fool grin

Show us all 18 South African Gripen jets in one single photo flying together at the same time as proof they are all operational.

3 are operational.

PL-9C range:22Km
IRIS-T range:25km

F-7 radar:Less than 50km
Gripen radar: More than 100km

Continue this childish argument,I shall intensify too.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Henry120:

You cannot prove SANDF has operational Data Links, okay? I rest my case.

SAloanNDF = no data links.
Links were posted here for you to read.

Link-ZA is part CNIS.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
MikeZA: The IRIS-T range is 25km. So all your air craft are already DEAD.

You want us to have childish argument?

SAAF can destroy most air forces in sub-saharan Africa,cause of the support it has from GBADS to other systems.

SANDF has NO single GBADS until 2017 and project has stopped due to lack of funds, so your earliest time is 2020 grin

In air to air jet combat 3km missile distance is NOTHING when NAF F-7 jets fly at 2,200 km/h they close that gap in about 1 second.

PL-9C missile speed mach 3+ is faster than IRIS-T at mach 3.

So SAAF loses to NAF !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
GreenandGold:

If I were you I wouldn't say that... a SAAF Hercules flew into your airspace just 48hours ago.

#WeFlyIntoYourAirspace

....to carry your families' dead bodies. May their gentle souls R.I.P. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

SANDF has NO single GBADS until 2017 and project has stopped due to lack of funds, so your earliest time is 2020 grin

Feel free to show us where it was stopped due to lack of funds

As for the rest, your obsolete jet with inferior missiles, inferior radar, limited (if not none) EW and no data-link doesnt stand a chance.

A-darter can be used to shoot down incoming missiles and can pull 100g turns.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Pity your own airforce cannot fly to the north of your own country to retereive the bodies of the 3000 slain civilians

May their gentle souls RIP, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

I did not see dead bodies. But I did see your airspace being invaded.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

In air to air jet combat 3km missile distance is NOT big when jets fly at 1,500 km/h they close that gap in about 5 seconds.

PL-9C missile speed mach 3+ is faster than IRIS-T at mach 3.

So SAAF loses to NAF !

Is that what Beegeagle told you? LOOOL

GBADS=Ground based air defence system. This defence systems compromises of missiles,sensor systems,C2 systems and cannons.

Already in service as part of the GBADS components are systems like Starstreak missiles,Thutlwa ground based radar,page radars,cannons and more.

2017 will see the contract to upgrade the twin cannons and their C2 and other systems upgraded completed? Tell me if you don't understand.

Child part:

IRIS-T range: 25km

Able to kill the F-7 and stay out of danger.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
What on earth was Henry trying to do on the thread today? So much gibberish from a grown man.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
DieVluit:

I did not see dead bodies. But I did see your airspace being invaded.

Oh, then you must be a blind man if you cannot see your own dead family in the aircraft.

Arik airline of Nigeria invades South Africa every week

Better you stop making jokes about the dead, that ugly game will hurt you most.

Fool.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689:

Pity your own airforce cannot fly to the north of your own country to retereive the bodies of the 3000 slain civilians

May their gentle souls RIP, Amen.

Hohoho! But that airforce does fly north to kill the civilians and basically be complacent to torture. Nigeria has limited access to the arms market today, thanks to that.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Oh, then you must be a blind man if you cannot see your own dead family in the aircraft.

Fool.

Dead family where? I see live beings in there. Efficiently and effectively collected by an organised and CARING force; and put up in a well - equipped medical plane. It took over your space and executed a mission in your backyard.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Fool.

agaugust:

#Contradictions

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

So a Civilian Airline is the same as a military transport?

Well, then I guess we rape your airspace every day with SAA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
patches689:

Feel free to show us where it was stopped due to lack of funds

As for the rest, your obsolete jet with inferior missiles, inferior radar, limited (if not none) EW and no data-link doesnt stand a chance.

A-darter can be used to shoot down incoming missiles and can pull 100g turns.

Show us proof of what stage your GBADS is up to.

Gripen jets have no A-Darter missile in service today 2014.

Then you messed yourself up....

A-Darter range 20km

PL-9C range 22km

NAF beats SAAF shocked shocked

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
I bet my last dollar, the NAF was not gonna see South Africa's airspace if this had happened in SA. They were gonna get asked "what the hell for" and sent packing to Abuja like their money-laundering private jet.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
Nigeria's ability to access quality weapons is no longer just a money issue. It is now also a relationship issue.

Short arms + long, empty pockets + bad personality + a never-ending insurgency = the perfect storm.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2014

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
DieVluit:

Dead family where? I see live beings in there. Efficiently and effectively collected by an organised and CARING force; and put up in a well - equipped medical plane. It took over your space and executed a mission in your backyard.

Dude, stop making a mockery of your own dead countrymen and women. I am not gonna play that heartless game....and those people died inside a church....stop this ugly game
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
agaugust:

Fool.
No dead bodies Idi..ot. Only 25 Saffers were flown back.

Arik airline? Is that your air force? LOOOOOOOOL

Your air force operates air lines?

SAAF has just proven that it can under short notice make an aircraft available,for emergency ops.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.