Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,130 members, 7,845,747 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4456337 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

*you lost over 2000 men,while the rest fled.
*you held the line for a while,until the germans got reinforcement and you began making series of "withdrawals".
*you were able to inflict that much casualty on the germans because you caught them off guard.

The Nigerian Army lost 3000+ soldiers just trying to cross a river to rebels.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
#INSERTED
i cant believe that the banana bafana scored a frigging goal!,second half is gonna be different though
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
mzilakazi:

@Agaugust, shut up!! you have lost this discussion.

LOL!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
ActivateKruger:

The Nigerian Army lost 3000+ soldiers just trying to cross a river to rebels.
thats a lie.they were ambushed by the militants.and that figure is over-inflated!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:
thats a lie.they were ambushed by the militants.and that figure is over-inflated!

That even worse, 3000 killed in an ambush and 3000 killed while crossing a river.

#UselessArmy

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2014
goal!!!!
Nigeria 2 - 2 Bafana bafana
you gotta see the roar in uyo stadium.
#GONIGERIA
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 8:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:
goal!!!!
#GONIGERIA

How does it help you?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
ActivateKruger:

That even worse, 3000 killed in an ambush and 3000 killed while crossing a river.
#UselessArmy
MUMU!!!
a few soldiers were ambushed while crossing the creek,by militants who knew the terrain like the back of their palms!.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
FOR F_UCK SAKE!!!!
we lost out of AFCON,oh God!,i feel like strangling somebody,preferably a saffer.oh!!!!,if it wasnt that it will cause a diplomatic row,i would have....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
FOR F_UCK SAKE!!!!
we lost out of AFCON,oh God!,i feel like strangling somebody,preferably a saffer.oh!!!!,if it wasnt that it will cause a diplomatic row,i would have....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
mzilakazi:

How does it help you?
dont let me start with you love!,i feel like punching flesh right now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
MILITARY RECAPTURES ADAMAWA TOWNS ! ! ! !
http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Military-recaptures-communities-in-Adamawa-20141119
it has been reported that the nigerian military has recapture and liberated most of the captured adamawa towns during the past two days.the towns of gombi,hong,and pelia have be recaptured from the violent islamic extremist,boko haram,the military has said that more territories in adamawa,borno and yobe states would be recaptured as troops advance into captured territories.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

Though SAAF does have PGMs where NAF does not even have the means to deploy them

There is ONLY ONE PGM in SAAF and you have only about 15 units of it, Paveway Guided bombs.

NAF Mi-35M and Alpha Jets have capacity to deliver PGM if we buy guided bombs and air to ground guided missiles.

NAF has the capacity but is not using it yet
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
patches689:
[size=15pt]HAHAHAH!!! THE TRUTH COMES OUT!!!

AFTER MANY MONTHS OF RUMORS WHICH LEAD CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM AND CERTAIN BLOGGERS TO CLAIM NIGERIA WAS GOING TO ACQUIRE ADVANCED 4TH GEN FIGHTERS... THE TRUTH HAS COME OUT!!

NIGERIA IS SIMPLY ACQUIRING SH!TTY SCORPION JETS!!!

NO TUCANO's! NO SU-30's! NO JF-17 THUNDERS!!

REBEL WORTHY AIRCRAFT FOR A REBEL WORTHY AIRFORCE!![/size]

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is looking to buy 12 Scorpion jets from Textron AirLand to equip a single squadron in order to fight the Boko Haram insurgency gripping the country.

Air Vice Marshal Rufus A Ojuawo, the director of operations for the Nigerian Air Force, said the NAF wants and needs the Scorpion and that a formal request to buy could be made soon. He was speaking at the IQPC Fighter Conference in London yesterday, the Wall Street Journal reports.

“We are really handicapped in attacking the enemy where we want,” Ojuawo said. “We need capabilities for a timely response.” The NAF uses seven Mi-24 attack helicopters for counter-insurgency operations as well as 11 F-7 fighter jets, 21 L-39ZA Albatros, 12 MB-339 and 12 Alpha Jet trainer/light attack aircraft. However, the majority of these aircraft are several decades old and have been worn down by attrition. The F-7s are unable to carry precision guided air to surface weapons while the country’s ATR 72 surveillance aircraft are able to detect insurgent activity but not deploy weapons.

Ojuawo told IHS Jane’s Defence Weekly that the Air Force has obsolete equipment with low serviceability rates and that it needs a rapid response capability with concentrated firepower. He added that the NAF would shortly argue the Scorpion’s case with the government in the hope of initially buying a squadron’s worth of aircraft and possibly more in the future.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=37048:nigeria-looking-to-buy-scorpion-jets&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107

There you have it!

The Nigerian Arifroce:

- cannot deploy precision weapons
- is largely obsolete (confirmed)
- has low serviceability
- only has 7 Mi-24's operational

I hope this is just a temporal solution while they close the deal on acquiring better Aircrafts, the J-17 or Su-30s would be a way better option, and considering how America is C0ck blocking them, I think it'd be better to go to the East.

But Seriously why is Nigeria being so Cheap, Nigerian Government has a lot of money.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:
goal!!!!
#GONIGERIA

*cough* we all ready qualified win or loose *cough*
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
mzilakazi:

@Agaugust, shut up!! you have lost this discussion.

@All South Africans, shut up !! You are CANNOT answer my simple question, means you lost the Bofors artillery argument

[size=16pt]

Show us proof of the exact altitude of the artillery gun in your photo, how many meters or kilometers above sea level ?
[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
Wow u guys still at each other.

@Augustine, u still baking casava muffins

grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:

There is ONLY ONE PGM in SAAF and you have only about 15 units of it, Paveway Guided bombs.

NAF Mi-35M and Alpha Jets have capacity to deliver PGM if we buy guided bombs and air to ground guided missiles.

NAF has the capacity but is not using it yet

So, we have them and can build our own.

Do you have any? no, and realy with what laser designator will your alpha jets use?

So they don't have it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:
catfish,
-many of your gripen are grounded.
-your submarines are no better than cans of sardine under the sea.
-many of your pilots are too old to even fly a red kite.
-your infantry lacks training and discipline{which is rather obvious as they always stick their d_icks into anything with holes}
-your logistics lack maintainance
-most of your weapons are outdated,and even obsolete
-most of your soldiers are HIV infested{like i said,they f.uck anything with a hitched-up skirt or sagging trousers}
-you lack funds to upgrade many outdated equipments

None are grounded, they rotate them around
In what way?
Nope our pilots are all young and fit.
Proof this point and then proof your army has disserplin and training considering there action on deployment and back home.
again no proof
again no more than any other country and I am including first world countries.
Hive rate in the SANDF is well bellow the level of most African countries
We have more funds per solder than Nigeria and any other country people put in there top 5 or 10 list so we have more funds than you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
snydergp:

grin

Yes bro
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
snydergp:

grin

Yes bro. How's Soweto slum?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
Centrifude:

I hope this is just a temporal solution while they close the deal on acquiring better Aircrafts, the J-17 or Su-30s would be a way better option, and considering how America is C0ck blocking them, I think it'd be better to go to the East.

But Seriously why is Nigeria being so Cheap, Nigerian Government has a lot of money.

Because the scorpion is what they need. It actually a good choice for them to replace there alpha jets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
snydergp:

grin

Hey, brother, how have you been?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:

@All South Africans, shut up !! You are CANNOT answer my simple question, means you lost the Bofors artillery argument

[size=16pt]

How does it feel for Nigeria to have South Africa score the first goal in your brand new stadium.... tell us about how fvcked-up you're right now.
[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2014
Centrifude:

its just part of the aircrafts that the government wants to buy,we've already ordered for aircrafts from belgium,russia,ukraine,pakistan,and china in large quantities.but many of them havent arrived yet.when all our aircrafts arrive,we gonna have over to 250 aircrafts.dont let these saffers pry into your psyche with their malicious lies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:
its just part of the aircrafts that the government wants to buy,we've already ordered for aircrafts from belgium,russia,ukraine,pakistan,and china in large quantities.but many of them havent arrived yet.when all our aircrafts arrive,we gonna have over to 250 aircrafts.dont let these saffers pry into your psyche with their malicious lies.

Nope. No orders are in other than a VIP chopper, not even for the scorpion order is in. You guys want to replace stuff.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 9:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

MUMU!!!
a few soldiers were ambushed while crossing the creek,by militants who knew the terrain like the back of their palms!.

So its
- 3000+ dead during an amphibious assault
- 3000+ dead on an ambush
- Another unspecified (probably thousands) who died in a river ambush...

Man, Nigeria would have a billion people by now if it wasn't for these careless loss of life.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

None are grounded, they rotate them around
In what way?
Nope our pilots are all young and fit.
Proof this point and then proof your army has disserplin and training considering there action on deployment and back home.
again no proof
again no more than any other country and I am including first world countries.
Hive rate in the SANDF is well bellow the level of most African countries
We have more funds per solder than Nigeria and any other country people put in there top 5 or 10 list so we have more funds than you.
all i know is that the SANDF is a weak army.i even gave links to prove your incompetence.andrewza,tell me where you live in SA,let me come and correct your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

So, we have them and can build our own.

Do you have any? no, and realy with what laser designator will your alpha jets use?

So they don't have it?

NAF Mi-35M Hind E and upgraded Alpha Jets are configured to fire PGM.

NAF has not bought PGM and related hardware, it's easy to install on pylons.

SAAF has only 15 or so pieces of PGM and only guided bombs.

No big deal
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

Nope. No orders are in other than a VIP chopper, not even for the scorpion order is in. You guys want to replace stuff.
i didnt say our orders are in,i said that we have ordered for new aircrafts from the east,but most of them havent been delivered.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
ActivateKruger:

So its
- 3000+ dead during an amphibious assault
- 3000+ dead on an ambush
- Another unspecified (probably thousands) who died in a river ambush...
Man, Nigeria would have a billion people by now if it wasn't for these careless loss of life.
everybody on this forum can now see the consequences of eating to much porridge and pap.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:

Yes bro. How's Soweto slum?

My soweto slum is nice and warm, pitty ur Lagos lagoon slum cant do the same.

Hopefully Fashola granted ur permit to sell muffins to ur headless cowardice fu.cktard soldiers up north who needs mashete weilding forest peasants to help them flush out boko goats.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.