Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4446721 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:
nonsense,the germans werent even focused on the delville battle!,that you managed to catch the germans of guard in the initial assault does not prove anything,nearly the whole of your brigade was wiped out in the end.

We lost 2000 men

We inflicted 7000 casualties

We held the line against the german 9th division... despite being outnumbered 2.5:1
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
mzilakazi:

BH defeat over 300 soldiers every time, so Lesotho which is better armed than BH will do much better. They will even defeat you.
you must be drunk,the lesotho military is not even fit to battle the togolese police force.the nigerian police force can invade and conquer lesotho in a few hours.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:
you must be high on some kind of imported weed,if you think the SANDF,that is one half filled with old senile dingbats who can practically smell their graves and another half filled with HIV infested s.ex maniacs,can "crush" the nigerian army of over 210,000 fresh and strong young men who are ready to pump your brains full of lead.you must really be desperate to "colonize" nigeria,perhaps to greedily loot our soil,but you know what amuses me?,no?,what amuses me most is that you cant even take on boko haram,talk less of the NA.where was this stiff necked nose-in-the-air arrogance when castro forced you to your knees to beg for a cease-fire?,clown.

SANDF is:

- Better equipped
- Better trained
- more advanced (SANDF = Modern Digital Army. NA = 1970's/1980's army)
- more experienced in conventional war

We are also more mobile, have more precision fire power and have better Special Forces

The SANDF is a high speed low drag formation that will employ maneuver warfare and critical mass to strike at the COG of your military.

I could write a long post about how we would defeat you.

But, let me put it simply, in terms we all understand. We would do to you what the Germans did to the French with Blitzkreig.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
patches689:

We lost 2000 men
We inflicted 7000 casualties
We held the line against the german 9th division... despite being outnumbered 2.5:1

*you lost over 2000 men,while the rest fled.
*you held the line for a while,until the germans got reinforcement and you began making series of "withdrawals".
*you were able to inflict that much casualty on the germans because you caught them off guard.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

*you lost over 2000 men,while the rest fled.
*you held the line for a while,until the germans got reinforcement and you began making series of "withdrawals".
*you were able to inflict that much casualty on the germans because you caught them off guard.

lol wat?

Are you just pulling this out your bum?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
mzilakazi:
So, this means Nigerian military does not have Airforce at all. They cannot fire a single missile from their platforms. Indeed, it is a disaster.

NAF and SAAF both have air to air guided missiles with about same combat capability.

If Nigeria has no missiles for our jets, South Africa too has NONE grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
[size=16pt]
Show us proof of the exact altitude of the artillery gun in your photo, how many meters or kilometers above sea level ?

[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
patches689:
SANDF is:
- Better equipped
- Better trained
- more advanced (SANDF = Modern Digital Army. NA = 1970's/1980's army)
- more experienced in conventional war
We are also more mobile, have more precision fire power and have better Special Forces
The SANDF is a high speed low drag formation that will employ maneuver warfare and critical mass to strike at the COG of your military....
But,let me put it simply,in terms we all understand. We would do to you what the Germans did to the French with Blitzkreig.
the SANDF:
-uses outdated equippments
-havent fought a air,land and sea battle ever before
-havent solely fought in a conventional warfare{without losing}
-have few trained personnel to man their "sophisticated" equippments
-have one of africa's{and the world's} weakest airforce
-have half of their military equippments grounded due to lack of funds and aviation fuel
-has one of the world's weakest infantry with half dead soldiers
so tell me,how are you gonna blitz the NA?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
patches689:

Yes, the SANDF says that max range with Base Bleed is 38km

Does it say we do not have VLAP?

No.

Max range is over 50km with VLAP

Bofors FH-77B range with it's own 'VLAP' called EXCALIBUR is 60km.

Both NA and SANDF have no such rocket assisted shell.

Another Mokopa ATGM tragedy grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:

NAF and SAAF both have air to air guided missiles with about same combat capability.

Though SAAF does have PGMs where NAF does not even have the means to deploy them
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:

Nigeria has no precision air-to-ground weapons

#NotEvenRebelWorthy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

the SANDF:
-have half of their military equippments grounded due to lack of funds and aviation fuel

They'll probably sing those their bush songs to the N.A.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:

EXCALIBUR is not V-lap it is a high end joint US-Sweden GPS guided shell that needs a lot of high end sytems on the front line for it to be used. And the list of EXCALIBUR users is tinny.

SA on the other hand makes and sells there own V-Lap rounds.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:

Nope

EXCALIBUR is only used in the Archer artillery system

I proved this a few days ago. You have the memory of a gold fish.

And show us where it says we dont have VLAP

Nigeria also does not have Base-Bleed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

the SANDF:

All of which is extensivly upgraded, all of which is better than yours

Neither has Nigeria.

But we have fought Air-Land-Sea wars, as recently as Angola

All of our sophisticated equipment is fully operational with the exception of some Gripen

SAAF is utterly superior to NAF... in every way

So what then does it say about NAF?

None of our equipment is grounded due to lack of funds.

We currently have an excess of aviation fuel.

Not even sure what you are talking about here.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

the SANDF:

No more outdated than any other country. I mean the ratel is 1970s but so are a lot of things used by first world countries

And Neither has Nigeria, though there is no Nay in Africa for SAN to fight with, we could sink a lot of the ships used in Africa with our wake.

Not true, we have to few people to use our equipment in storage.

With more modern fighters than any African air force, I mean really this shows you fing retarrd

Again not a issue uncomen in the world today, even the Germans are struggling.

You mean the best equipped infantry in Africa, with the best training in Africa with the most support in Africa?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
andrewza:

No more outdated than any other country. I mean the ratel is 1970s but so are a lot of things used by first world countries
And Neither has Nigeria, though there is no Nay in Africa for SAN to fight with, we could sink a lot of the ships used in Africa..I mean really this shows you fing retarrd
Again not a issue uncomen in the world today, even the Germans are struggling.
You mean the best equipped infantry in Africa, with the best training in Africa with the most support in Africa?
SA has the best infantry in africa?*i laugh in korean*,i can almost see your ignorance fogging my screen,the SANDF is a 1970 army that somehow slipped into the 21th century through a time travel gone wrong.a few hundred units of pharaoh's iron chariots can overwhelm your precious "sophisticated" tanks.your airforce is nigh non existent,your navy cannot even catch pirates,you even said in your words that: "we have few people to man our weapons"

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
patches689:

Not in high mobility warfare where the focus is on the disruption of the enemy center of gravity and not on attrition or te holding of territory

Some interesting reading
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_gravity_(military)

Famously.

The Israelis did this many times.

The Americans did it in both gulf wars, more famously during the Thunders runs through Baghdad.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:

Problem is that SANDF has on 38km range shell.

CASE CLOSED grin grin
Prove it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Famously.

The Israelis did this many times.

The Americans did it in both gulf wars, more famously during the Thunders runs through Baghdad.

Applicable image

See those bigass Iraqi armoured formations in Kuwait?

Yeah, we are just gunna side step them and smash the christ out of your logistics train.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
mzilakazi:
South Africa's 4 ART battalion will destroy all Nigeria's artillery battery in just few minutes. I doubt if they will even be able to stand an hour.
SA artillery systems are advanced. It wouldn't even be difficult to integrate a counter battery radar.

SA fields artillery systems, while Nigeria can only field artillery pieces.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
patches689:
-most of the SANDF aircrafts are grounded{unoperational}
-though your aircrafts are few,your pilots are even fewer
-your infantry comprises of weak gandalfs who arent fit to set seige on a hamlet talkless of a fortress
i could go on tearing your precious military apart,but in the end,we all know how weak you military is,so its a mute point.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
mzilakazi:
One thing that I am certain about is that SA has a powerful artillery that can even send the children of Pharaoh home. Even during those years of the bush war, Russia and Cuba knew that SA possessed a massive artillery that could send back any strong force in the world packing. That was the artillery that protected the borders of SA.
It mostly the training and tactics SA artillery crews are exposed to.

I mean during the Bush war, the Angolan, Cuban and other allied Soviet blog out ranged SA artillery. Until the introduction of the G5.

The M-46 howitzer was the longed range howitzer.

But SA forces still gave them a whopping.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

-your infantry comprises of weak gandalfs who arent fit to set seige on a hamlet talkless of a fortress
i could go on tearing your precious military apart,but in the end,we all know how weak you military is,so its a mute point.

No, you could go on with your lies and b.s

Facts are facts buddy

- all but 14 Gripen operational
- all 24 hawk operational
- all 35 Pilatus PC-7 MkII operational
- all 40 Oryx operational
- all 29 Augusta operational

and so on and so forth.

You say that we dont have enough pilots? When questioned before Parliament, the SAAF cheif stated that 52 Hawk Pilots and 18 Gripen pilots were qualified.

This means that we have more jet qualified pilots than Nigeria has Jets

And with regards to our infantry, I will let pictures do the talking

Come at me bro.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2014

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

- Not even a single SAAF aircraft is grounded.

- SA soldiers carry more load into combat than Nigerian soldiers, a normal SA infantry carries up to 80kg excluding webbing, ammunition and rifle.

- BH is now becoming an effective rebel army, able seize and hold land. Your, military can't defeated them conventionally.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
patches689:

No, you could go on with your lies and b.s

Facts are facts buddy

- all 24 hawk operational
- all 35 Pilatus PC-7 MkII operational

and so on and so forth.

You say that we dont have enough pilots? When questioned before Parliament, the SAAF cheif stated that 52 Hawk Pilots and 18 Gripen pilots were qualified.

This means that we have more jet qualified pilots than Nigeria has Jets

And with regards to our infantry, I will let pictures do the talking

Come at me bro.
All Gripens are operational, they're rotated to reduce the cost of maintenance.

If funds were to be made available they would be operated differently.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
agaugust:
[size=16pt]
Show us proof of the exact altitude of the artillery gun in your photo, how many meters or kilometers above sea level ?

[/size]

@Agaugust, shut up!! you have lost this discussion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

the SANDF:

- Name our out dated equipment.

- Sea battle: SAN is the only sub-saharan navy to sink an enemy warship.

Air battle: SAAF fought in the skies from WW1, WW2, Korean war to the bush war.

Land battles: Too many to mention.

- Our few men = Many in All sub-saharan armies. Our standards are high.

- Named the grounded "equipment".

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
EVarn:

Wow!!! this man is deep in a sleep. Do you mean brand new SAAF fleet of gripens, hawks and Rooivalk can ever be grounded so soon? Nice dreams.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
patches689:

- all 24 hawk operational - all 35 Pilatus PC-7 MkII operational
and so on and so forth.
You say that we dont have enough pilots? When questioned before Parliament, the SAAF cheif stated that 52 Hawk Pilots and 18 Gripen pilots were qualified.This means that we have more jetqualified pilots than Nigeria has Jets..
Come at me bro.
*smiles*i'm gonna knock you up,you gonna scream for mama.check this out:
-though the SANDF has a number of aircrafts,they dont have enough personnel to fly them
-most of your aircrafts are grounded
-you lack funds to upgrade and repair your grounded fleet
-most of your equipments are outdated
-your infantry lack training and discipline
check this out:
http://m.mg.co.za/index.php?view=article&urlid=2012-05-04-lack-of-fund-leaves-sa-vulnerable
you dont believe?,then check this out
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA2O10U20140325?irpc=932

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
MikeCZAR:

- Name our out dated equipment.
- Sea battle: SAN is the only sub-saharan navy to sink an enemy warship.Air battle: SAAF fought in the skies from WW1, WW2, Korean war to the bush war.
Land battles: Too many to mention.
- Our few men = Many in All sub-saharan armies. Our standards are high.
- Named the grounded "equipment".
catfish,
-many of your gripen are grounded.
-your submarines are no better than cans of sardine under the sea.
-many of your pilots are too old to even fly a red kite.
-your infantry lacks training and discipline{which is rather obvious as they always stick their d_icks into anything with holes}
-your logistics lack maintainance
-most of your weapons are outdated,and even obsolete
-most of your soldiers are HIV infested{like i said,they f.uck anything with a hitched-up skirt or sagging trousers}
-you lack funds to upgrade many outdated equipments

(1) (2) (3) ... (1407) (1408) (1409) (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.