Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4437936 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

How does SAAF Hawk jet use your Umbani guided bomb? Your Hawks have no radar and no targeting pods.

A-Darter missile does not exist in SAAF Arsenal, still a dream

1. The Hawk LIFT has pods.

2. The Hawk has FLIR.

3. The Hawk LIFT have a radar simulator.

4. The Umbani PGM can bee guided with GPS, IN, IR and Laser.

Who cares? Government controls the military and Denel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:12pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

Nigerian Scorpion tanks were upgraded from 70mm to 90mm guns, done domestically, in Bauchi state Nigeria or so, it was posted here repeatedly last year.

Army guide says all Bofors FH-77B have been upgraded, not all upgrade details are published, but it's done as the source said
Army guide says the SA army has the G6-52L, which has a range of 73km.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

What is that? Frick

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

Your source actaully proves SAAF Hawk jets have NO radar NO targeting pods they will use only FLIR like NAF Mi-35 helicopters.

They have pods.

Radar would be costly, instead CNIS does the trick and well.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

Source said earlier Bofors production have been upgraded , only you selects India as the only upgrade, you left out Nigeria and Sweden to satisfy your fraudulent desires.

over 90% of SANDF G-6 artillery are in storage according to defenceweb grin
Storage=Reserve units.

They aren't used by the regular army.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

Then show it for us to see.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=EVarn post=28281334][/quote]

Indian Air force

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/photo/2013-01/21/c_132117795.htm

I have an i-phone dude.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/757333.shtml
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
the twin engines are a big give away it is not NAF. And how is that flight better than SAAF
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
patches689:

[color=#006600]During the war, Nigerian air attacks were directed only against civilian targets and had no military significance.
The Biafrans had pilots, but very few aircraft. They had two B-25 Mitchells and one B-26 Marauder, which was captured on the ground as it was unservicable. Later on they got another B-26, which during Oct - Dec were used for night raids together with the B-25s and a converted DC-3. The B-26 and DC-3 crashed, the B-25s were captured on the ground.
In the spring of 1969 five MFI-9Bs were assembled in Gabon, painted in two green colours (Volkswagen car paint) in three large fields, given simple sights and two pods for six 68 mm anti-armour rockets, and given an extra fuel tank in the fuselage. They were named "Biafra Babies". At first, the squadron had three Swedish pilots and three Biafran
story for the....you know the rest.all accoun of events during the biafran war were undocumented.so all these caricatures accounts are just speculations
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
story for the....you know the rest.all accoun of events during the biafran war were undocumented.so all these caricatures accounts are just speculations

Why do you bring Indian air force to this?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2014

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
And how is it better than SAAF?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
One stupidd Nigerian saw a jet passing by leaving traces of a thick cloud of smoke like that and claimed that to have been a missile testing. How foolish was that since the tracing was clearly horizontal passing in an area where people lives.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=EVarn post=28281696][/quote]

I cannot see any better formation there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

Why do you bring Indian air force to this?

that was a mistake on my part.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

12 SAAF Gripen jets in flying condition, but only 8 pilots available as qualified for combat
All Gripens are in flying condition.

Those in short storage can be taken out and checked, within 2 days they're operational.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
that was a mistake on my part.

Lol!!! Nope you wanted to deceive us just like your fellow countryman @agaugust.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

I cannot see any better formation there.
they arent clogged together like sardines,there is an even space between flanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

Undocumented?

Is that your story?

Facts are facts, brah.

Biafran rebel airforce humiliated the Nigerian airforce
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
they arent clogged together like sardines,there is an even space between flanks.

They are clogged together because it is... a ceremonial formation

Or do you think that soldiers fight in the formations they use on the parade ground?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

Lol!!! Nope you wanted to deceive us just like your fellow countryman @agaugust.
*scoff*,i uploaded the wrong picture,if i wanted to mislead you,there are better ways.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

In that case it shows that SA pilots are well skilled to keep the aircrafts closer to one another without any incident.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

The close flying is a show of skill. I mean you this stupid

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
*scoff*,i uploaded the wrong picture,if i wanted to mislead you,there are better ways.

Well, I caught your brother @agaugust doing the same many a times.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
patches689:

They are clogged together because it is... a ceremonial formation
Or do you think that soldiers fight in the formations they use on the parade ground?
same thing.the parade is supposed to be a show of the airforce's aerial skills,maneouvers and training in combat situations,isnt it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
patches689:

And so?

Gripen can still perform ISTAR

And the Vicon targetting pod was in service with the SAAF BEFORE we got the Hawks

The Cytoon system can do ISTAR.

The Agusta A109 can do ISTAR.

The ratel-EOAS can do ISTAR

And many more.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
andrewza:

The close flying is a show of skill. I mean you this stupid
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....are you this dumb or do you just do this to amuse me?,so flying close together enough to cause overheat and explosion is a good thing?,or dont you know that the rotors generate electromagnetic waves?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

In that case it shows that SA pilots are well skilled to keep the aircrafts closer to one another without any incident.
hahahahahahahaha....clueless fellow.no wonder almost all your trainer aircrafts have been blown up during training
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....are you this dumb or do you just do this to amuse me?,so flying close together enough to cause overheat and explosion is a good thing?,or dont you know that the rotors generate electromagnetic waves?

Mister it had never happened so you need not worry about it. SA has brilliant engineers who knows that there is nothing wrong about it because we trust the skill of our pilots. I wish you attend just only one air show in SA and you will be settled that our country has magnificent pilots.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
patches689:

Undocumented?

Is that your story?

Facts are facts, brah.

Biafran rebel airforce humiliated the Nigerian airforce
post concrete proof or go and eat.stop posting.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
hahahahahahahaha....clueless fellow.no wonder almost all your trainer aircrafts have been blown up during training
\
wtf are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

Really?

then why have none ever blown up even though it been done for years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.