Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4437898 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
what are the USAF and RAF doing displaying in SA?

I mean I included USAF and RAF aircraft flying in there countries. Not my problem you cant see the difference
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
if these are the formations your airforce operates,then i advice you never to go to war.all the formations,especially that of image 3,make me laugh,flying aircrafts so close together,if one of the aircrafts were to get bombed either in the rear or in the flanks,the whole formation would go into disarray,infact the other aircrafts could also blown up due to detonation blast range.i'd wager they are flown by recruits.

dull head those are just ceremonial formation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
if these are the formations your airforce operates,then i advice you never to go to war.all the formations,especially that of image 3,make me laugh,flying aircrafts so close together,if one of the aircrafts were to get bombed either in the rear or in the flanks,the whole formation would go into disarray,infact the other aircrafts could also blown up due to detonation blast range.i'd wager they are flown by recruits.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2014
andrewza:

I mean I included USAF and RAF aircraft flying in there countries. Not my problem you cant see the difference
and why would you include picture of USAF and RAF aircrafts along with SAAF aircraft formation.i thought you said the were SAAF aircraft formations in display?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
and why would you include picture of USAF and RAF aircrafts along with SAAF aircraft formation.i thought you said the were SAAF aircraft formations in display?

I said find SAAF. You had zero idea that our flights are the same has others.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
patches689:

Biafra?
hahahhaha, some ramshackle Cessna's that raeped your airforce on the ground (and you didnt get any air-to-air kills)
Chad?
How is Chad superior to the Luftwaffe, Russian, North Korean or Cuban pilots?
My statement stands, Nigeria has never engaged in air-to-air combat. No nigerian pilot has ever shot down an enemy aircraft.
This guy. What a joke.
fool.biafra never r@ped our airforce into the ground.infact,most of biafran aircrafts were blown into sugarcandy mountain in the first months of the war.nigeria has never shot down an enemy aircraft?.clown.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2014
andrewza:

I said find SAAF. You had zero idea that our flights are the same has others.
and how are all the formations in those pictures the same?,i know that the third and last images are SAAF jets,but all i see in them are SAAF pink and yellow jets making a nuisance of themselves in the sky and forming ridiculous numbers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

dull head those are just ceremonial formation.
if that is how you fly ceremonialy,then God forbid that you ever go to war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
and how are all the formations in those pictures the same?,i know that the third and last images are SAAF jets,but all i see in them are SAAF pink and yellow jets making a nuisance of themselves in the sky and forming ridiculous numbers.

Just admit, you wish NAF could pull something like this of.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:53pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

And how does NAF fly? In to the ground?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
andrewza:

Just admit, you wish NAF could pull something like this of.
the NAF have better formation that the SAAF.period.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

Really well then show some?

[img]http://www.defenceweb.co.za/images/stories/AIR/2009apr2%20(leon)%20roodewal%20147.jpg[/img]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

Then show it for us to see.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

Since soldiers also drill during ceremonies, do you expect them to drill as well during a heated battle. Nope, there is also another different formation for that called battle formation.

Nigeria has never experienced air to air combat throughout its existence.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

he cant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Cfh1RSoYw
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:

Wahahahahaha!!! that was a ceremony for 20 YEARS of democracy. How foolish have you been.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
Guys ignore EVarn, he has borderline mentality issues.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

The only precision guided weapon on South African Gripen jet is Paveway guided bombs, finish.

Nigeria has none.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
hehehehe....mr ebola czar,there is a clear difference between "will replace" and "have been replace",you arent even sure if you have funds for these tests and upgrades.
The missile is developed under a contract from armscor.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
what are the USAF and RAF doing displaying in SA?

Clown

He is posting other air-forces in formation.

Look at the planes... not all the delta wings are Gripen.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2014
Henry120:

He looks abandoned. That's what he looks like.

"He looks".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
patches689:

Yeah, so that huge bump on his chest is not at all from the armor plate in his chest-rig? Or the side straps used to fasten it together?

Look at picture two, the two men on the left are wearing the same plate-carriers.

So you have now reached the point where you deny what is clearly visible in photographs?

Is it the fact that SANDF body armor matches our camouflage that is throwing you off?

O how low you have fallen
Part of the Soldier-2000. From bags, uniforms, armour and more.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

NATO strike on Libya, led by USA not Sweden, few Gripens dropped a few bombs after NATO led by America neutralized Libyan air defences, NO Libyan SAM missile or AAA gun was fired at the Gripen and NO Libyan airforce jet intercepted to engage the Gripen.

NAF Alpha jets have fought against heavy enemy anti-aircraft fire, 1,000 times more battle tested than Gripen jets

FACT !!
Lack of information revealed again.

SwAF Gripens flew reccon missions, as they weren't allowed to engage targets.

The MIG-21 has been used in many conflicts, but the F-22 raptor which isn't tested in air to air combat can bring the MIG-21 down without breaking a sweat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
EVarn:
fool.biafra never r@ped our airforce into the ground.infact,most of biafran aircrafts were blown into sugarcandy mountain in the first months of the war.nigeria has never shot down an enemy aircraft?.clown.

During the war, Nigerian air attacks were directed only against civilian targets and had no military significance.

The Biafrans had pilots, but very few aircraft. They had two B-25 Mitchells and one B-26 Marauder, which was captured on the ground as it was unservicable. Later on they got another B-26, which during Oct - Dec were used for night raids together with the B-25s and a converted DC-3. The B-26 and DC-3 crashed, the B-25s were captured on the ground.

In the spring of 1969 five MFI-9Bs were assembled in Gabon, painted in two green colours (Volkswagen car paint) in three large fields, given simple sights and two pods for six 68 mm anti-armour rockets, and given an extra fuel tank in the fuselage. They were named "Biafra Babies". At first, the squadron had three Swedish pilots and three Biafran.

Stats for the first 29 attacks:

432 rockets fired, more than 50% hitting targets. No own aircraft
or pilots lost.

Destroyed damaged
MiG-17 3 2
Il-28 1
Canberra 1 1
Intruder 1
2 eng.transport 1
Helicopters 2 1
Trucks 7
Radar 1
ATC tower 1 1
Terminal bldgs 2
Power plant 1
Amm. storage 1
Headquarters 3
AAA 2
Oil pump station 1
Enemy losses: 300 men at airports, 200 men at the front

http://www.x-plane.org/home/urf/aviation/text/biafra.htm

"on August 6, 1967, Kano - Biafran raids destroy several Federal Mig-17's"
"May 22- 28, raids on: Port Harcourt, Benin Airport, Enugu Airport, destroy 5 Federal Mig 17's and 3 Il-78's"

https://nigerianaviation.files./2013/01/baf10001_merged.pdf

You didnt blow them up

You didnt attack military targets

They humiliated you

Pic related:

Pic 1: Biafran airforce
Pic 2: Nigerian airforce

Winner: Biafran airforce

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

Incomplete data, Nigeria bought Bofors artillery at different times and years, also delivery and manufacture dates are different, we got last Bofors in the year 2000s, long after South Africa got G-6 Rhino in the 1990s.

Support your claims please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
agaugust:

NAF Mi-35M Hind helicopters have FLIR and we posted the photos dozens of times here.

NAF can fire precision guided weapons if we buy Russian Ataka anti-tank missiles for use on our helicopters with FLIR.

Alpha jet is built by manufacturer to fire Maverick air to ground guided missiles is we install them, the systems are factory installed at time of purchase.

NAF has PGM capacity not being used
SA had FLIR cameras since the 80s.

Nigeria has no PGM(s).

Your pilots will first have to go to Russia to be qualified on those weapons. That's not the case in SA.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=EVarn post=28281056][/quote]

Those arent Nigerian jets, jackass

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=EVarn post=28281056][/quote]

What is that? Frick
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2014
mzilakazi:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1427) (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.