Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4428598 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
ActivateKruger:

In your not-so-bright head, there were jets before Mandela.

In your not-so-bright head, you beloved your mother was born after year 2010 when Nigerian F-7 jets were manufactured.

My Bible says in the book of Proverbs "Reply a fool according to his foolishness". That's why I said your Hawk jets are older than Mandela.

Fool !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
agaugust:

Okay, no wonder South Africa cannot defeat Seleka and Rhino poachers, your military can only fight against nations like the one you lost to Cuban girl soldiers

We fuckedd seleka up 5 ways to sunday along with the cubans.

Rhino poaching is SAN parks not SANDFs job.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hahaha I laughed soooooo hard when I read that the stoves that the Nigerians were bragging about - the stoves...the slow cookers to be stupidly bought by the government are...

SOUTH AFRICAN

That's soooo funny! grin grin grin grin

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-buy-n9-2bn-cooking-stoves-for-women/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
DIEZANI ALLISON MADUEKE ELECTED AS NEW OPEC PRESIDENT ! ! ! !
http://www.punchng.com/news/opec-elects-diezani-first-female-president-nnpc/
in an interesting turn of events that is sure to make history,nigeria's petroleum minister,diezani allison madueke,has been elected to become the first ever female president of the OPEC,at the 166th international convention of the organisation that took place in vienna.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
patches689:

You said Military website is the only valid information.

SANDF website lists Ratel ZT3 as the only class of Ratel.

You have used outside sources to say that we have more classes.

Thus, you yourself confirm that the SANDF website is not the final say and that other sources must be considered.

Thank you

Stop trying to spread lies here!

SANDF is final authority by all different methods they use to give information to the public, website, video, photos, newspaper publications, Tv shows, whatever method the army uses to speak through it's officers about equipment in service it's okay.

The Indian army Bofors FH-77B 42km range official information is NOT on Indian army website, its a youtube video released by the same army. If information is not available on SANDF websites we will check photos videos and news reports officially released by SANDF.

Yes, so many dozens of official army photos of SANDF shows the whole world the several different versions of Ratel with guns and cannon to prove that the army has them all and NOT only ZT-3 missile version.

Now show me SANDF official photo or news report / media press release to prove they have V-LAP shell with 73km range.....there is NONE !!!

Butt Hurt Soweto Durango, SANDF best artilley shell range is ONLY 39km, CONFIRMED ! tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
mzilakazi:

It shows that you didn't read the sources. Those houses were destroyed by straying bombs which fell from your fighter jets. The only mode of munition that your fighters can engage other than cannons. No PGMs and missiles, nothing.

The journalists that wrote the stories, where were they when the so called 'NAF bombs' were falling astray from the sky? The journalists were in the bombed zone checking out one by one which falling bomb will miss Boko Haram and land on civilians, and also the journalists were busy driving around during the battle taking records of which house was bombed by jet and watching to differentiate which house is being h.it by RPG, mortar artillery, and shells ? Right ? Yet those journalists inside those destroyed streets are still alive to write stories, right ?

Do you know what a battle zone is like when jets are dropping bombs and soldiers are launching RPG and firing artillery all at the same time? How old are you? 6 years? How developed is your brain? Sardine Fish level?

I thought you said you are one of the SANDF men that fought Seleka, so you too was so free and comfortable like a god in the battlefied of Bangui and you took photos of the damage and the dead in that Seleka battle? Right? Okay mister liar, show us the photos of the Battle of Bangui to prove how many Seleka dead bodies were scattered on the ground as confirmed by you....

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
agaugust:

The journalists that wrote the stories, where were they when the so called 'NAF bombs' were falling astray from the sky? The journalists were in the bombed zone checking out one by one which falling bomb will miss Boko Haram and land on civilians, and also the journalists were busy driving around during the battle taking records of which house was bombed by jet and watching to differentiate which house is being h.it by RPG, mortar artillery, and shells ? Right ? Yet those journalists inside those destroyed streets are still alive to write stories, right ?.Do you know what a battle zone is like when jets are dropping bombs and soldiers are launching RPG and firing artillery all at the same time? How old are you? 6 years? How developed is your brain? Sardine Fish level?
I thought you said you are one of the SANDF men that fought Seleka, so you too was so free and comfortable like a god in the battlefied of Bangui and you took photos of the damage
LOOL!,see finishing.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
All the flimsy and exaggerated claims of hunters’ exploits in the ongoing operations are simply intended to foster a mischievous campaign aimed at disparaging and depreciating the professional efforts of the Nigerian military at containing the terrorists especially in Adamawa.  It is obvious that the intention is to ridicule and discourage the military.  We are not moved.

While appreciating the effort of the hunters and citizens who have been supporting our troops in the onslaught, the military still remains in the vanguard of the mission to rid the nation of terrorists and their activities. We will remain focused and utilize only well-meaning support and advice in the ongoing campaign to wipe out terrorists.

Much as we are aware of the politicians who are promoting the campaign for whatever reasons, we will not be distracted by their antics.   The result of present efforts will soon manifest for the whole world to see and Nigerians and their military will not be diminished, as intended by those engaging in the campaign of calumny against the Nigerian military

We however caution Nigerians not to allow themselves to be hoodwinked into danger by some false reports on so called liberation of certain areas by ‘hunters’ as we can only vouch for areas where the military has reported cleared of terrorists.

defencehq | Uncategor
- See more at: http://defenceinfo.mil.ng/misrepresenting-the-involvement-of-hunters-in-the-counter-terrorism-operations/#sthash.FQoypB0L.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
[size=16pt]

patches689:

Post your 330km range

Why are you scared?

Nope, I have told you from beginning that I am very confident of my source, it's in the archives of this thread many times repeated. You Patrick of Gauteng province you are afraid that I will h.um.iliate you big time !!!

All I am waiting for is for you to be a man of courage and don't disgrace South Africa, prove to us you are intelligent enough to do a simple 10 minute google search on ATR-42 radar range, and post your own result as I have done many times between January 2013 and April 2014 on this forum, I have proved myself, now it's up to you to prove that South Africans have a brain that can find information and prove a Nigerian to be wrong.

Oya naa let's go...Oya dey go....go Patrick, go Patrick, go Patrick go Patrick....we are waiting for you to google search ATR-42 radar range, the whole of South Africa is cheering you...go Patrick, go Patrick !!!

.[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
patches689:

BMP-2 you said that it had all round protection against 23mm... you have been exposed.

Expose me by quoting where I said all round .

Even heavy battle tanks don't have same millilitres protection all round, talk less of ordinary IFV.

I said 33mm protection same thing said by army recognition and I posted the photo screenshot and weblink.

You are a liar and you are looking for who to call your own very name that has become your indellible logo and trademark on nairaland....Pirate Patrick @Patches the liar of Gauteng
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2014
patches689:

cool, but the Hawk is not our primary combat platform.

Your F-7 is a copy of the Fishbed with *some* advanced electronics crammed inside of it.

The airframe is still a 40+ year design.

#Obsolete

Nope, the airframes are different, F-7 has new swept wing for dogfight, MiG Fishbed has old delta wing. F-7 has rear fuselage stabilizer fins for maneuverability, MiG has none. F-7 has new Broadview canopy for situational awareness MiG has old caged canopy. So the airframes look alike but NAF F-7NI is different.

The names are different, one is F-7 Airguard, the other is MiG-21. However for SAAF the names are the same, Hawk jet 1974, Hawk jet 2006, you fly obsolete aircraft.

Sure Naijas have taught you a lesson. If you live in a glass house don't throw stones

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
patches689:

Badger is immune to RPG

Proof needed.

You walking into another trap again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
patches689:

Laser Designation.

Does your ATR have it?

No?

Ok.

Fool !

The TA in ISTAR is Target Acquisition NOT Target Designation, Fool !

ISTAR aircraft don't need laser designator in pure ISTAR role because ISTAR is to find and track targets, not to attack. If you add laser designator you have entered attack role by illuminating a target with laser beam and your ISTAR aircraft is exposed to ground enemy counter attack.

Target acquisition is just to find and keep track of target and relay it's position to the attacking platforms.

ATR-42 does exactly that and that makes it an ISTAR aircraft, reason why NAF uses it to acquire Boko Haram targets for NAF jets to go and k.ill

Real Durango Domingo your are, Olodo Rabata ! cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
patches689:

Also known as Olifant food

Vickers Mk III and Olifant have never met in battle.

I love those virgin Cuban army girls they eat SADF Olifant as morning breakfast for their T-55
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:56am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

I just posted proof this morning that NAF ATR-42 has been doing ISTAR role perfectly against Boko Haram that hides among civilians in cities and without uniform or order of battle to identify them.

You sit down with a laptop to judge on internet how ATR-42 does ISTAR ops in land combat theatres, how will you know since the whole nation of South Africa has NEVER touched anything close to a NAF ATR-42 ultra-sophisticated aircraft in your entire national history.

NAF air Marshalls that owns and use the aircraft are final and best world recognised authority on ATR-42 capabilities in real life situations, even the Europeans that produced it are now inferior to NAF in user experience, so when NAF is talking about practicals, SANDF has to shutt up and listen !

Gripen is more advanced in the ISTAR role

Hence why mighty NATO, with acess to all of the finest assets in the world selected the Gripen as their primary ISTAR platform AND targeting in Libya
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:57am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

Yet South Africa is spending millions to build the inferior AHRLAC aircraft for the same role as Scorpion. Mumu grin

Anything South Africa does not have is bad. Mumu squared grin

AHRLAC is made for exports

Not for SAAF

And AHRLAC is more cost-effective than the Scorpion, yet it can do the same role
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:59am On Nov 28, 2014
EVarn:
it has a stabilized gun it has a new fire control system,do not mistake the Mk1 for the Mk3,i know that you do not know the difference,but sometimes it pays not to embarass oneself due to ignorance it has the combination bulkhead armor{the chobham armor combination of steel,ceramic and aluminium},moreover,a few rounds the vicker ammo will pulverize your cherished toys it has been fitted with an effective range finder,NANOQUEST L23 gunner's sight and simrad LV352 laser rangefinder mumu!,your olifant also operates:
*105mm rifle - same as the vicker
*68 round of ammunition{maxim.}- 18 rounds more than the vicker
*350km range- lower range to the vicker

citations needed

Vickers only has RHS armor
Vickers has an ancient FCS
Vickers does not have a stabilized gun
Olifant has better armor
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:04am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

Scorpion jet is modern man 2014. Gripen is old man 1988. grin

The most ludicrous thing I have ever read
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:08am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

Stop trying to spread lies here!

SANDF is final authority by all different methods they use to give information to the public, website, video, photos, newspaper publications, Tv shows, whatever method the army uses to speak through it's officers about equipment in service it's okay.

The Indian army Bofors FH-77B 42km range official information is NOT on Indian army website, its a youtube video released by the same army. If information is not available on SANDF websites we will check photos videos and news reports officially released by SANDF.

Yes, so many dozens of official army photos of SANDF shows the whole world the several different versions of Ratel with guns and cannon to prove that the army has them all and NOT only ZT-3 missile version.

Now show me SANDF official photo or news report / media press release to prove they have V-LAP shell with 73km range.....there is NONE !!!

Butt Hurt Soweto Durango, SANDF best artilley shell range is ONLY 39km, CONFIRMED ! tongue tongue tongue

So, just to be clear.

You are now saying that Military Websites are not the final say on the topic? Going back on what you were saying for so long?

Exellent back-tracking

Ok, you want official press release:
http://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/en/media/editor_media/rm_defence/publicrelations/pressemitteilungen/2012_1/2012-09-19_AAD_Rheinmetall_Denel_Munition.pdf

http://www.deagel.com/Projectiles/Assegai-V-LAP_a000925001.aspx

Thanks for making it so easy to prove we have VLAP
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:12am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:
[size=16pt]

Nope, I have told you from beginning that I am very confident of my source, it's in the archives of this thread many times repeated. You Patrick of Gauteng province you are afraid that I will h.um.iliate you big time !!!

All I am waiting for is for you to be a man of courage and don't disgrace South Africa, prove to us you are intelligent enough to do a simple 10 minute google search on ATR-42 radar range, and post your own result as I have done many times between January 2013 and April 2014 on this forum, I have proved myself, now it's up to you to prove that South Africans have a brain that can find information and prove a Nigerian to be wrong.

Oya naa let's go...Oya dey go....go Patrick, go Patrick, go Patrick go Patrick....we are waiting for you to google search ATR-42 radar range, the whole of South Africa is cheering you...go Patrick, go Patrick !!!

.[/size]

Stop running away

Post your source
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:16am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

Expose me by quoting where I said all round .

Even heavy battle tanks don't have same millilitres protection all round, talk less of ordinary IFV.

I said 33mm protection same thing said by army recognition and I posted the photo screenshot and weblink.

You are a liar and you are looking for who to call your own very name that has become your indellible logo and trademark on nairaland....Pirate Patrick @Patches the liar of Gauteng
Why are you getting so emotional?

You said it was protected against 23mm, implying all round protection against 23mm.

This is false, average protection of the vehicle is only against 7.62
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:21am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

Nope, the airframes are different, F-7 has new swept wing for dogfight, MiG Fishbed has old delta wing. F-7 has rear fuselage stabilizer fins for maneuverability, MiG has none. F-7 has new Broadview canopy for situational awareness MiG has old caged canopy. So the airframes look alike but NAF F-7NI is different.

The names are different, one is F-7 Airguard, the other is MiG-21. However for SAAF the names are the same, Hawk jet 1974, Hawk jet 2006, you fly obsolete aircraft.

Sure Naijas have taught you a lesson. If you live in a glass house don't throw stones

All sources say that F-7 is a copy of the Mig Fishbed. Airframe is the same, engines are practically the same. Only *some* electronics are different

And again, it doesnt matter about the Hawk. Its not our front-line jet and is a trainer.

Your F-7 from 1966 (that was the first time the F-7 flew) and originally from 1956 (first time the Mig-29 flew) and it is your front-line fighter.

Thats right, your F-7 is a design that is older Goodluck Jonothan.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:22am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

Proof needed.

You walking into another trap again.

In early 2008 a Polish Rosomak serving in Afghanistan (the version with upgraded armor) was attacked by Taliban rebels. The vehicle was hit by two RPG-7 rockets, but it managed to fire back and then returned to base without any help required.[4] In June 2008 a Rosomak was attacked by Taliban and was hit in its frontal armor with a RPG. The armour was not penetrated. In 2009 first soldier was reported killed inside Rosomak after IED exploded under vehicle, which rolled over and crushed gunner sitting in the open turret, similar attacks occurred before, but without casualties
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTO_Rosomak
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:24am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

Fool !

The TA in ISTAR is Target Acquisition NOT Target Designation, Fool !

ISTAR aircraft don't need laser designator in pure ISTAR role because ISTAR is to find and track targets, not to attack. If you add laser designator you have entered attack role by illuminating a target with laser beam and your ISTAR aircraft is exposed to ground enemy counter attack.

Target acquisition is just to find and keep track of target and relay it's position to the attacking platforms.

ATR-42 does exactly that and that makes it an ISTAR aircraft, reason why NAF uses it to acquire Boko Haram targets for NAF jets to go and k.ill

Real Durango Domingo your are, Olodo Rabata ! cheesy cheesy

So you confirm that the Grip is better than the ATR because it can perform ISTAR and targeting.

And no you dont, your own Air Cheifs confirmed that the information gleaned by the ATR's is unable to be used by CAS assets
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:25am On Nov 28, 2014
agaugust:

Vickers Mk III and Olifant have never met in battle.

I love those virgin Cuban army girls they eat SADF Olifant as morning breakfast for their T-55

Which olifant did they kill with T-55's?

Ratels killed T-55's.

And the Olifant has been upgraded many times, your Vickers MBT is still the same old platform... it belongs in a museum not on the battlefield.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:31am On Nov 28, 2014
patches689:

Also known as trash.

The 1960's called, they want their doctrine back

Nigerian army Scorpion tank is a light tank built to be transported by medium aircraft like NAF C-130.

There is a reason the British made the Scorpion after over 100 years of war experience around the world.

Nigerian Scorpion tanks can be moved in quickly and deployed in hours for emergency to foreign countries as power projection, it gives us a light tank with tracks that can drive over muddy terrain where the whole of SANDF will sink and get stuck with their vehicles of similar size and weight.

The Scorpion light tanks gives Nigerian army aircraft portable all terrain wheeled armoured vehicles with a 90mm cannon that fires anti-tank shells among other types, it is a good weapon for force quick deployment in emergency force projection overseas.

SANDF is a dry land only army built for only homeland defense of around Soweto
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:51am On Nov 28, 2014
andrewza:

Actualy combat experance has had the BMP pentrated on the frontal arc by 12.7mm fire.

There is a add on armour kit for the ratel that gives the frontal armour protecstion of up to 23mm

Face it the BMP serries is crapp. They get slaught in every war they fight in.

RPG penetrated mighty impregnable British Challenger tank. So what? No man made equipment is perfect.

Tell us BMP series have never killed any enemy, only the enemy kills BMP ? Right ?

Drive 50 units of SANDF Ratel IFV into open streets in an insurgency war where terrorists hiding on roof tops among civilians fire RPG from roof tops and windows, I guarantee that ALL and ALL your 50 exposed Ratels will be destroyed by RPG fire, even destroyed by ordinary 14.5mm guns with AP rounds or 23mm ZSU mounted on trucks doing hit and run guerrila street tactics.

Drive any armoured IFV into a disadvantage situation in a killing zone and it will be killed by rag tag rebels.

" Armour

The Ratel is relatively lightly armoured, in order to preserve mobility, weapons space, and range. The vehicle is well-protected against bullets and artillery shell splinters, but is vulnerable to anti-tank guns, automatic cannon such as the Warsaw Pact 23mm AA guns (which were often used in a ground-fire role in Angola), and rocket-propelled grenades. " Source- Wiki
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:52am On Nov 28, 2014
patches689:

Video evidence shows BH capturing it from you.

Show us video of Boko Haram capturing a genuine and verifiable Nigerian Shilka, show us now ! Liar !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:08am On Nov 28, 2014
patches689:

ZSU-23 a threat to the NAF... so what does that say about the NAF?

It says NAF was fighting the same type of dangerous battlefield close air support that Israeli air force fought and got shot down by the same ZSU-23 AAA.

"The ZSU-23 system was particularly effective against the Israeli Air Force. Israeli pilots attempting to fly low in order to avoid SA-6 missiles were often shot down by ZSU-23-4s.

The ZSU-23-4 outclassed all NATO anti-aircraft guns at the time, and it is still regarded as posing a major threat for low-flying fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters. NATO considered the Shilka to be so dangerous that, in time of war, standing orders required NATO pilots to destroy any Shilka observed, even if doing so required the pilot to abandon his mission." Source Wiki.

This fact says to SAAF that Gripens and Hawk jets in @THIZA's photos is NOT real war and attacking sand and stones is a coward pilot's way of avoiding his jet being shot down
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:13am On Nov 28, 2014
mzilakazi:

AHRLAC is not what really any military can bargain on given their size and speed. It is simply good for ISR.

ARHLAC aircraft carries weapons. You agree South African ARHLAC is just crappy crap and garbage. Wow ! Thanks, I owe you chocolates cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:15am On Nov 28, 2014
EVarn:
it has a stabilized gun it has a new fire control system,do not mistake the Mk1 for the Mk3,i know that you do not know the difference,but sometimes it pays not to embarass oneself due to ignorance it has the combination bulkhead armor{the chobham armor combination of steel,ceramic and aluminium},moreover,a few rounds the vicker ammo will pulverize your cherished toys it has been fitted with an effective range finder,NANOQUEST L23 gunner's sight and simrad LV352 laser rangefinder mumu!,your olifant also operates:
*105mm rifle - same as the vicker
*68 round of ammunition{maxim.}- 18 rounds more than the vicker
*350km range- lower range to the vicker

Nice one there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:16am On Nov 28, 2014
EVarn:
The NA has just recieve a batch of shilkas,T72,and T80 tanks to fight boko haram terrorist in the north eastern part of nigeria [from an accurate eye-witness source]

Nigerian T-72 tank in Boko war...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1451) (1452) (1453) (1454) (1455) (1456) (1457) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.