Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,829 members, 7,831,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4449141 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Thank you, but why JF-17 and not SU-30s as it was previously professed by @agaugust. JF-17s do not have much stealth capability.
what do you need stealth for when fighting against a non conventional hostile force. I think Nigeria will start thinking of stealth aircraft and air superiority airframe as soon as her coast is clear
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

Only in states with high Islamic population can large bodies of terrorists move around with impunity.

Canada has about 700 thousand Islamic faithfuls, Nigeria has about 90 million !

Kenya just suffered terrorist attack again yesterday, and Kenya is a Christian country.

South Africa CANNOT stop Rhino poachers and Pretoria is begging Bostwana to help your nation protect Rhinos by hiding them in Botswana.

If terrorists invade South Africa, your government will export millions of South Africans INCLUDING you @Patches into safety in Bostwana

Stop babbling and post your uniform and gun.

Liar
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
sirjerry:
hehehe, patches in pain

Buy all the Junk Fighters you want
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Thank you, but why JF-17 and not SU-30s as it was previously professed by @agaugust. JF-17s do not have much stealth capability.

Why not the JF-17?

Stealth is over-rated. We've always looked at the Two.

"40 planes, what's not to like?".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
patches689:

You're in pain. Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
overhypedsteve:
what do you need stealth for when fighting against a non conventional hostile force. I think Nigeria will start thinking of stealth aircraft and air superiority airframe as soon as her coast is clear

You know, not necessarily.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sometimes i just sit down and wonder what life in maiduguri would look like with so much security presence. I keep telling people that this boko haram insurgents are suicidal peeps and are only result oriented. They do not care how much of their lives it costs as long as the deed is done. Nigeria was really unfortunate to be the African country that was chosen to be infected with this " disease". But i know its all for the better, cus Nigeria have always been like a " push and start" vehicle we always need something to get us going. The boko haram insurgency brought a lot of administrative and infrastructural development to the various Nigerian security services. Nigeria was made strong by boko haram. The oil militants taught our boys to fight in creeks, rainforest, mangroove forest and swamps. While the boko haram insurgency introduced our boys into the world of asymmetric welfare and the worlds new conflict theatre: desert warfare. Most of the conflicts that have plagued the world in this modern times are being fought in the desert. From Mali,libya,somalia,syria, and Iraq. To me i think boko haram is preparing our boys for the bigger picture, [b]something inevitable, something that must be fought under the harsh sun and on the sands. worldwarIII ( titled: SANDSTORM). hmm, ok i think i ve written enough let me sleep. And try to forget i ever wrote this.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
patches689:

the junk is on par with your over priced and outdated fighter. heck, the pakis will even let us use whatever we want on it if we wish. soooo unlike the conditions the swedes gave yougrin.

sorry for the pain bruv.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
Henry120:

You're in pain. Buhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Far from it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
stillchris:

the junk is on par with your over priced and outdated fighter. heck, the pakis will even let us use whatever we want on it if we wish. soooo unlike the conditions the swedes gave yougrin.

sorry for the pain bruv.

JF-17 is inferior in every way

And what conditions do you speak of?

You get what you pay for
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

Only in states with high Islamic population can large bodies of terrorists move around with impunity.

Canada has about 700 thousand Islamic faithfuls, Nigeria has about 90 million !

Kenya just suffered terrorist attack again yesterday, and Kenya is a Christian country.

South Africa CANNOT stop Rhino poachers and Pretoria is begging Bostwana to help your nation protect Rhinos by hiding them in Botswana.

If terrorists invade South Africa, your government will export millions of South Africans INCLUDING you @Patches into safety in Bostwana

Poachers invaded Nigeria ages ago and killed all their rhinos. You failed to protect them from being extinct in your own land and now you want to push your selfish blames onto SA which has been preserving rhinos for many years. You don't even know the reason why SA is relocating rhinos to Botswana, yet you are making noise like empty tins. There is a growing concern in SA about rhinos poaching being facilitated by the so called "inside job". Many rhino poaching syndicates usually include one or two park rangers and veterinary surgeons and so that makes the mission almost impossible to track down those who have joined hands with poachers. Now the security agencies are coming up with a new strategy to root out those who are responsible by relocating the rhinos to Botswana whose park officials are not yet corrupted by the love of money.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Poachers invaded Nigeria ages ago and killed all their rhinos

Quote source to prove that please....Mumu !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
patches689:

No, the deal was based on me posting my source, see here:

I have posted two sources, now hold up on your side of the deal.

Why are you suddenly changing the terms? Are you not a man of your word? Why are you so afraid to post your "uniform and gun"?

My word is that ATR-42 radar range is 330km

Yes, YOUR WORD is that it has a 330km range, the MANUFACTURERS WORD is that it has 220km range.

http://www.aleniana.com/documents/8005904/17761599/factsheet_ATR_42_MP.pdf

No one cares about what you say, manufacturer has the final say on the topic.

[size=16pt]I will post 3 different comments/analysis to prove all South Africans are Born With Fish Brains cheesy cheesy[/size]

According to your own source of manufacturer specs data sheet, the ATR-42 radar range is 220km, and Italian 'version' that you created has a different radar with 330km range .

Well that same data sheet has only one photo for ATR-42 and it is the Italian version ! Means the Italian radar is the same radar detailed on the manufacturers data sheet, so the Italian ATR-42 has 220km range according to your 'logic' .

Below is the photo from that manufacturer's data-sheet

http://www.aleniana.com/documents/8005904/17761599/factsheet_ATR_42_MP.pdf

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
patches689:

Far from it

Buhahahahahahaha, it's 40 more than you have, and far more superior than the Gripen you fly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Next @Patches, the manufacture's data sheet has 3 different radar ranges for ATR-42 based on the size of each target, and it includes a radar range of only 100km, not even the 220km you quoted.

That tells you mister fish sized Soweto brain that the radar range varies with target size

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
3rd post @Patches, their is ONLY ONE maritime version of ATR-42 and it is called ATR-42MP, the other types are civilian versions with no radar, the military version is manufacturer designated ATR-42MP and only 3 countries have it, Italy, Libya, Nigeria, and source below says they all have ATR-42MP version

http://www.deagel.com/news/The-Italian-Coast-Guard-Orders-a-Third-ATR42MP-Surveyor_n000003758.aspx

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

Next @Patches, the manufacture's data sheet has 3 different radar ranges for ATR-42 based on the size of each target, and it includes a radar range of only 100km, not even the 220km you quoted.

That tells you mister fish sized Soweto brain that the radar range varies with target size

Yes, we know this.

But the maximum range it can detect anything at is 220km

Confirmed by the manufacturer

Stop wasting our time.

Post your uniform and gun.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

3rd post @Patches, their is ONLY ONE maritime version of ATR-42 and it is called ATR-42MP, the other types are civilian versions with no radar, the military version is manufacturer designated ATR-42MP and only 3 countries have it, Italy, Libya, Nigeria, and source below says they all have ATR-42MP version

http://www.deagel.com/news/The-Italian-Coast-Guard-Orders-a-Third-ATR42MP-Surveyor_n000003758.aspx

I suggest you read the first paragraph of the pic your just posted - it says that there are different versions.

And until you post a source that specifically lists your ATR-42's max radar detection range remains at 220km
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
[size=14pt]Italy, Nigeria, Libya, all fly the same ATR-42MP with radar maximum range 330 km

"Besides the Italian services, Alenia ATR 42 MP Surveyors have been successfully marketed to Nigeria (with two ATR 42 MPs, the first to be delivered in 2009) and to Libya (one ATR 42 MP) to be flown in patrol and aerial search-and-rescue roles by the Libyan General Security Agency. ATR 42 MP Surveyor surface- search radar (with a range of 330 km) is belly-mounted."

http://www.casr.ca/id-fwsar-italy-2.htm

CASE CLOSED ![/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt]Italy, Nigeria, Libya, all fly the same ATR-42MP with radar maximum range 330 km

"Besides the Italian services, Alenia ATR 42 MP Surveyors have been successfully marketed to Nigeria (with two ATR 42 MPs, the first to be delivered in 2009) and to Libya (one ATR 42 MP) to be flown in patrol and aerial search-and-rescue roles by the Libyan General Security Agency. ATR 42 MP Surveyor surface- search radar (with a range of 330 km) is belly-mounted."

http://www.casr.ca/id-fwsar-italy-2.htm[/size]

CASE CLOSED !

Manufacturers word trumps all

220km max range

The case was never open. No matter how much bait your throw out, the matter is cut and dry.

Now, uniform and gun

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
patches689:

I suggest you read the first paragraph of the pic your just posted - it says that there are different versions.

And until you post a source that specifically lists your ATR-42's max radar detection range remains at 220km

Fool, it said some have no mission equipment, NAF ATR-42 has more mission equipment than even the Italian version, we posted the interior here, and showed full range of equipment, and Nigeria added British ELINT equipment which even the Italians don't have.

Tell me NAF ATR-42 has no mission equipment and I will say you are one of South Africa's wasted generation that Mandela left behind to wreck the country with fraud and dishonesty
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

Fool, it said some have no mission equipment, NAF ATR-42 has more mission equipment than even the Italian version, we posted the interior here, and showed full range of equipment, and Nigeria added British ELINT equipment which even the Italians don't have.

Tell me NAF ATR-42 has no mission equipment and I will say you are one of South Africa's wasted generation that Mandela left behind to wreck the country with fraud and dishonesty

Prove yours is the exact same as the italian version.

Prove the same company provided the mission equipment.

Until then, 220km

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ChukwuCantDie: 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
I'm going to assume ALL 40 JF-17's are block II...
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:

Likely NAF buys mixed block II and block III with production of block III likely to be made in Nigeria
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
patches689:

Manufacturers word trumps all

220km max range

The case was never open. No matter how much bait your throw out, the matter is cut and dry.

Now, uniform and gun

[size=16pt]

You get no uniform and gun for being dishonest.

NAF ATR-42MP Radar has 330km range approx 160 nm

"
DAILY INDEPENDENT

By Andrew Airahuobhor

Correspondent:

Nigerian waters are gradually becoming unsafe for criminal activities following a partnership betweenNigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) and the Nigerian Airforce in ensuring the promotion of maritime safety and security.

In line with the partnership, an ATR 42 surveillance aircraft, equipped with Automatic Identification System (AIS) and Radar, is being deployed for air surveillance of the country’s territorial waters and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
The AIS can see shipping activities within 160 nautical miles."

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/nimasa-airforce-partnership-records-successes-air-coastal-surveillance/

I have proved again that you deliberately mislead this forum and twist information to produce false information

# All South Africans are fraudsters and retaaards

[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

Likely NAF buys mixed block II and block III with production of block III likely to be made in Nigeria

Is it going to be made or assembled in Nigeria? Oh!! what a hand-me-down aircraft.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
ChukwuCantDie:

Shame!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Shame!!!

Shock for South Africans!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Is it going to be made or assembled in Nigeria?

Oh!! what a hand-me-down aircraft.

Oh!! what a brand new 40 units of 4th generation aircraft.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

You get no uniform and gun for being dishonest.

NAF ATR-42MP Radar has 330km range approx 160 nm

"Nigerian waters are gradually becoming unsafe for criminal activities following a partnership betweenNigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) and the Nigerian Airforce in ensuring the promotion of maritime safety and security.

In line with the partnership, an ATR 42 surveillance aircraft, equipped with Automatic Identification System (AIS) and Radar, is being deployed for air surveillance of the country’s territorial waters and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
The AIS can see shipping activities within 160 nautical miles."

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/nimasa-airforce-partnership-records-successes-air-coastal-surveillance/

I have proved again that you deliberately mislead this forum and twist information to produce false information

# All South Africans are fraudsters and retaaards

[/size]

No one cares about Nigerian propaganda and misinformation.

Word of the manufacturer is final

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

Shock for South Africans!!!

Nope, its a laugh for South Africans.

Junk Fighter-17 is nothing impressive

Especially when it confirms you lied about Su30's

Now, uniform and gun. Post it.

Why are you afraid?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

Oh!! what a brand new 40 units of 4th generation aircraft.

-Chinese who are known for their self reliance first and quality next, are further downgrading JF-17s capabilities with their poorly copy-pirated avionics.
-Its spine, & wings bearing resemblance(in wing twist & wing area) to a fighter which china knows inside out, the J-7, doesn’t have wing twist nor does it have enough area to provide a low wing loading
-Its performance during low speeds and high alphas would be very dangerous for the pilot indeed
-It has a Maximum G loading of only 8
-Its thrust to weight ratio is another negative point. the mentioned thrust can only be used during take-off where the Air is denser, and also only during emergency situations since it would seriously lower the engine’s lifespan.
-The next Achilles heal is JF-17’s speed. For a good interception, speed is an important criteria. However JF-17’s max speed is Mach 1.6

So why is Pakistan still inducting more and more of this fighter, which its critics increasingly call it Junk Fighter – 17 ? The answer may lie with Pakistan’s recent trauma & its psyche. Having sanctioned by the U.S, the star of their airforce, the F-16s were severally hit by lack of spares and most of the time grounded. The other 2 sources to procure modern Aircraft- Russia, have been sealed off due to the legacy of Soviet era friendship, current market in India & India’s pressure- and the other source, the European Union, for their extremely high costs

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/fighterplanes/texts/articles/jf-17.html

Junk fighter-17 impresses no one, not even the people of Pakistan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.