Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,636 members, 7,847,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:43 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4457256 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

The total budget of 6billion for security for the first time in the history of Nigeria's existence. Nigeria's defence budget is comprehensive of the police and other security agencies as well. SA police get the budget of 10 billion dollar.

6 billion for defence. Additional 2 billion approved by the President, GEJ for additional defence procurements.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
patches689:

26 - 12 = what?

You didnt read my post about how terrible the Junk Fighter is? The one written by a Pakistani?

I only know and care about the fact, the JF-17 is better than the Gripen you fly. This is a fact.

You only have 12 operational Gripens.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Bwahahaha...... your wish is my command. All SAAF gripens are flown on rotational basis.

http://www.combataircraft.com/en/News/2013/09/10/SAAF-says-Gripens-being-rotated,-not-stored/

I don't why do you continue to ridicule yourself in this manner because deep down the truth speaks for itself. Gripen is a more stealth fighter than JF-17 and will only ravage the rotor parts of a Chinese machine should we put the two in a dog fight comparison.

You know that is not true. They are in storage. This talk about rotation is just to save face.

Nothing is been rotated.

Gripen C/D isn't better than the JF-17. Fact.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2014
what's this I'm hearing from sa dummies on this thread about gripen

jf17 thunder Block-II fighters are the 4.5 Generation variant equipped with AESA radars, improved ECM suites, and IRST systems. Also believed to incorporate greater use of composite materials for reducing airframe weight, radar absorbing material, and a WS-10B thrust vectoring (TVC) engine. and all block 1s will be upgraded ..

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

You must rather be examplary and prove to us that SAAF has only 8 pilots in total.

I know you only got 8. The onus is on you to prove you have more than 8 pilots for 26 jets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
JF-17 block 1 versus Gripen C/D

Block II which we are getting is way ahead of the Gripen.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
Henry120:

I know you only got 8. The onus is on you to prove you have more than 8 pilots for 26 jets.

Brother your statement is not objective and rather should be condemned as being subjective and void. As for the onus, I really do not owe you any assignment to prove to you that SAAF has more than 8 pilots. Let it rest with you to substantiate your assertions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Brother your statement is not objective and rather should be condemned as being subjective and void. As for the onus, I really do not owe you any assignment to prove to you that SAAF has more than 8 pilots. Let it rest with you to substantiate your assertions.

It still doesn't change the fact you only got 8 pilots for 26 jets. You just can't prove you got more.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Henry120:

JF-17 is a toy and does not have a stamina. All the JF-17s from Mkl to III none of them will ever match gripen JAS not even SU-30. It is like you are matching Cherry with BMW, all of them might be cars and take you anywhere but they do not perform the same on the road.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

JF-17 is a toy and does not have a stamina. All the JF-17s from Mkl to III none of them will ever match gripen JAS not even SU-30.

As you can see, the toy is better than the Gripen.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

JF-17 is a toy and does not have a stamina. All the JF-17s from Mkl to III none of them will ever match gripen JAS not even SU-30.

The next time you mention the SU-30 and Gripen C/D in the same statement, i'd give you a dirty E-Slap.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
Henry120:

As you can see, the toy is better than the Gripen.

Cherry (JF-17) vs BMW (gripen). They are all cars and can take you to any destination but their performance on the road is not the same. They are also not on the same league, one is a low cost vehicle and the other is a high performing expensive car.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2014
Henry120:

The next time you mention the SU-30 and Gripen C/D in the same statement, i'd you a dirty E-Slap.

Gripen as in current is the best fighter in the world. It is the best choice of fighter by many experts including the NATO.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Cherry (JF-17) vs BMW (gripen). They are all cars and can take you to any destination but their performance on the road is not the same. They are also not on the same league, one is a low cost vehicle and the other is a high performing expensive car.

Only difference been, the Specs of this cherry are significantly better than the BMW.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

Gripen as in current is the best fighter in the world. It is the best choice of fighter by many experts including the NATO.

Whatever you say........clown.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2014
@Henry- Your JF-17 is on the same league with Scorpion jets. Same price tag and also they uncategorized. They are meant to meet the needs of those whose pockets are not too deep.

1 Gripen= 10 JF-17s.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
EVarn:
mumu! mumu! mumu! mumu! mumu! mumu! mumu! mumu! mumu! mumu!!!!,what are you doing wasting data to spout dust,instead of fighting ebola in liberia or preaching paradise to fellow saffers.please which navy trained the american navy?,have you forgotten the argentina island brouhaha?,a few warships....
If the Argentinians were better trained and their equipment well maintained.

The T209 submarine would've devastated the R navy.

Remember the R navy had to ask Uncle sam for torpedoes as they almost depleted their stocks.

The R navy isn't powerful like it used to be.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

you're sick

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
agaugust:

40 nuclear weapons for Nigeria
40 HIV free 18 year old South African virgin black-white-coloured girls as Xmas gift for me Augustine.
see oga Agaugust i think we need to put this gun and uniform business to a decisive rest.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
iterator24:
you're sick

Are you sure that all your screws are tight upstairs?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
mzilakazi:

You really do not understand that there are some of the weapon system which will really not adapt well with gripen as a platform. The integration of some weapons might possibly interfere with the effective operation of the fighters' software and thus causing the overall malfunctioning. However, the A-Darter has been found out to be the perfect compatible AAM for gripen fighters. Mr stillchriss, you just have to understand that the gripen system is very complex and is not just another system from SU-30, JF-17 or a J7 system.

it's funny how you saffers always have excuses whenever your weaknesses are exposed.

you bought an expensive hardware you need permission to fully use.
did you know that just like our uncoming OPVs we can use whatever avionics we want on the jets?

una dey vex shagrin.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2014
Henry120:

You have only 8 pilots. Fact.

The 18 you keep parading about are crew members not pilots. 18 Gripen crew members have been trained.

Prove you got 18 pilots?
Nigeria has 3 pilots.

Prove you have more.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2014
Henry120:

The JF-17 is a better fighter than the Gripen you fly.

Nope only 12 are operational, the rest, just too broke to maintain. I did read the Mexicans made you an offer for the remainder, how's that coming along.

Plus, you only got 8 pilots.
The junk fighter-17 isn't even close to the Gripen.

They're rotated to reduce maintenance costs.

Plus, you only got 3 pilots.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
Henry120:

The South Africans are in a state of shock by NAF's 40 units of brand new JF-17 Thunders 4th generation jet fighters.

I have been silent on the issue because of the dramatic comedy I am having with @Patches who says ATR-42 MP is different form ATR-42MP and that there are 3 different types of radars on ATR-42 with different ranges cheesy

The same Same South Africans who were boasting here that they are very sure Nigeria will not by any 4th generation jet fighter and the Scorpion jet is all Nigeria will buy. cheesy

They said NAF chief of staff inside cockpit of JF-17 Thunder is just like the Kenyan air force chief that was 'test driving' F-16 cheesy

When the fish brain Southies write rubbish, they forget that when the truth bursts out tomorrow, they will be embarrassed cheesy

Reason why I always tell Patches that crime does not pay at the end of the day cheesy

Now NAF is gonna have almost 100 combat jet fighters...F-7, Alpha, MBB-339, L-39 Albatross, JF-17...NAF will have the biggest combat air force in Africa after Egypt.

Anyway, SAAF Gripen jet is now old, a new version is coming up, the Southie Gripen is 1998 version with old radar and avionics

JF-17 Thunder is a 2012 jet fighter with latest radar and avionic technology.

NAF beats SAAF in numbers and technology.

The usual story of "It's old and outdated" has become the new trademark of South African military

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2014
AugustineAgain:

The South Africans are in a state of shock by NAF JF-17 Thunders.

I have been silent on the issue because of the dramatic comedy I am having with @Patches who says ATR-42 MP is different form ATR-42MP and that there are 3 different types of radars on ATR-42 with different ranges cheesy

The same Same South Africans who were boasting here that they are very sure Nigeria will not by any 4th generation jet fighter and the Scorpion jet is all Nigeria will buy. cheesy

They said NAF chief of staff inside cockpit of JF-17 Thunder is just like the Kenyan air force chief that was 'test driving' F-16 cheesy

When the fish brain Southies write rubbish, they forget that when the truth bursts out tomorrow, they will be embarrassed cheesy

Reason why I always tell Patches that crime does not pay at the end of the day cheesy

Now NAF is gonna have almost 100 combat jet fighters...F-7, Alpha, MBB-339, L-39 Albatross, JF-17...NAF will have the biggest combat air force in Africa after Egypt.

Anyway, SAAF Gripen jet is now old, a new version is coming up, the Southie Gripen is 1998 version with old radar and avionics

The usual story of "It's old and outdated" has become the new trademark of South African military

Your opinion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
MikeCZAR:

Your opinion.

Truth hurts. You Southies got a full dose of JF-17 Thunder humiliation syrup from Naijas
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
AugustineAgain:

Truth hurts. You Southies got a full dose of JF-17 Thunder humiliation syrup from Naijas
Nope.

The JF-17 is trash, oh scratch that I meant snail.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
MikeCZAR:
If the Argentinians were better trained and their equipment well maintained.
The T209 submarine would've devastated the R navy.
Remember the R navy had to ask Uncle sam for torpedoes as they almost depleted their stocks.
The R navy isn't powerful like it used to be.
*scoffs*,and i've got a brazilian rainforest stuck between my two front teeth.isnt there a difference between being "well trained" and being "more equipped"?.everyone knows that the RN has fallen into disrepair in terms of military equipments,i was talking in terms of training,the RN takes the cream cake in that aspect.mike "ebola" czar,dont they teach you how to read in seminary school?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 04, 2014
AugustineAgain:

The South Africans are in a state of shock by NAF's 40 units of brand new JF-17 Thunders 4th generation jet fighters.

Lmao.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 04, 2014
MikeCZAR:
Nope.

The JF-17 is trash, oh scratch that I meant snail.

Truth hurts.

The Specs show your Gripen are useless when compared to the JF-17 thunder.

26 Gripens, 10 years, only 8 pilots. Pathetic!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:14am On Dec 04, 2014
Henry120:

Prove you got more than 8 pilots.

If only 14 planes are in the air at any one time, we then have a minimum of 14 pilots

Now, where does it say we only have 8 pilots?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:16am On Dec 04, 2014
Henry120:

I only know and care about the fact, the JF-17 is better than the Gripen you fly. This is a fact.

You only have 12 operational Gripens.

-Chinese who are known for their self reliance first and quality next, are further downgrading JF-17s capabilities with their poorly copy-pirated avionics.
-Its spine, & wings bearing resemblance(in wing twist & wing area) to a fighter which china knows inside out, the J-7, doesn’t have wing twist nor does it have enough area to provide a low wing loading
-Its performance during low speeds and high alphas would be very dangerous for the pilot indeed
-It has a Maximum G loading of only 8
-Its thrust to weight ratio is another negative point. the mentioned thrust can only be used during take-off where the Air is denser, and also only during emergency situations since it would seriously lower the engine’s lifespan.
-The next Achilles heal is JF-17’s speed. For a good interception, speed is an important criteria. However JF-17’s max speed is Mach 1.6

So why is Pakistan still inducting more and more of this fighter, which its critics increasingly call it Junk Fighter – 17 ? The answer may lie with Pakistan’s recent trauma & its psyche. Having sanctioned by the U.S, the star of their airforce, the F-16s were severally hit by lack of spares and most of the time grounded. The other 2 sources to procure modern Aircraft- Russia, have been sealed off due to the legacy of Soviet era friendship, current market in India & India’s pressure- and the other source, the European Union, for their extremely high costs

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/fighterplanes/texts/articles/jf-17.html

Junk fighter-17 impresses no one, not even the people of Pakistan

Only 12 Gripen are in rotation

26 - 12 = ??

Its sad that you have resorted to childish trolling

(1) (2) (3) ... (1470) (1471) (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.