Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4437603 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Show us proof of how many of those pilots from 1939-1993 are flying Gripen jets today in SAAF....Show us how many !
The thing is experience is past down from generation to generation, those pilots that flew in the border war might not be pilots any more but they are flight insructors, air force advisors ect ect.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

SANDF tenders and even contracts get cancelled for lack of funds like A400M airbus aircraft that you desperately need but no money to buy.

Show us specs of the OPV you want to buy and show us the ghost companies that have responded to your cashless, penniless and Rand-less tenders.

Nigeria has also tendered for 10 stealth P18N from same manufacturers well known in China and Song Class submarine has been presented to us by the same manufacturer...

South Africans are here boasting about ghost OPVs, ghost manufacturers, ghost funding, ghost everything!
I have posted many many sources, and seeing you dont repost sources neither will i, consult google.
and nn have made no tenders for 10 opv.

And another thing....remember the defence review its been approved.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

Then never ask me again to repost a source for you ever again!You got it mate!

l am NOT your mate, I am your boss....because I am a Nigerian, get it? Soweto mumu, you get it?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

l am NOT your mate, I am your boss....because I am a Nigerian, get it? Soweto mumu, you get it?
Actually i dont get it.....mate!, how are you my boss?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
Ecuadorian Air Force: With a fighter that is much much more advanced than anything NAF currently has.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
overhypedsteve:
what we and our allies against terrorism have learnt from the fight against boko haram, would not and cannot be thought in any military academy. And what we ve learnt, we will live to protect and teach to generations and generations of our children that will make that noble decision to serve in the nations army.

Miss me with that, fam. Which allies would that be, that have "learnt" together with you? The US, that is now the subject of Nigerian frustration or Cameroon that now is feeling the heat of Boko Haram?

Or better yet, which lessons are you on about? Lessons that have led to the kidnapping of the 200+/- villagers today?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30529178

Miss me with that.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
More pics of the Ecuadorian Air Force 21st Combat Wing :

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

You're Nigerian, we're your boss - you cut our hair and repair our shoes.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
DieVluit:
Africa's most prosperous countries.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/18/business/africa-prosperity-rankings-2014/index.html?sr=sharebar_facebook

I definitely agree with the number 1 spot, Botswana is one awesome country, South Africa at number 2 im still happy with that.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:
[size=16pt]

South African Air Force is dead o !!!

[/size].

[size=16pt]

Nigeria has nothing... Boko Haram bombed every last remaining crap they used to call a jet.

[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 9:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
More than 50 Nigerian soldiers will kiss the death following the death penalty handed down by the martial court. Military accused soldiers of their cowardly behaviour.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30529178

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
agaugust:

Show proof that it's Mokopa on the helicopter, and if so, go back and read what I said about ATGM is a delusional anti-ship role where the misssle is technically defective and the helicopter suicidal

It's the Mokopa deal with it, Suck it all up!

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/new-algerian-super-lynx-nears-delivery-404740/

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

I definitely agree with the number 1 spot, Botswana is one awesome country, South Africa at number 2 im still happy with that.

Yes, same here. Botswana deserves the spot. Here's the full index http://media.prosperity.com/2014/pdf/publications/africa-report-2014.pdf

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

14 pilots 4 navigators

9 pilots

9 navigators
26 planes.

Shame on you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henry240:

9 pilots

9 navigators
26 planes.

Shame on you.
14 pilots 4 navigators

NAF 11 planes ,2 pilots,Shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henry120:

That article proves nothing. It infact supports my argument that you lack Aviation fuel and Gripen Pilots.

8 Gripen pilots for 26 planes is absolutely nothing to be proud of. Neither is 14.

Where exactly does it support your claims, that article dismisses all your claims, I think being around Agaug is really messing with you Comprehension skills.

So the number recently Changed from 8 to 9 can you please make up your mind, you are seriously undecided bruh!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

No Proof that we only have 8 either.

There is ample proof you have no more than 9 pilots.

You have only trained 18 Air crew members in 15 years.

You have 9 D models, it translates to 9 Gripen pilots and 9 navigators.

SAAF has only 9 pilots for their fleet of Gripen Jets.

FACT.

Run away from it
Hide from it
Deny it

It is there, and it sure ain't leaving.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

South Africa has 14 gripens operational at one time(26-12), you think 9 Pilots can fly 14 Gripens at once?

SAAF has 26 Gripens, you only have 14 planes because you cannot have no money, those planes fly 1 hour 40 minutes a month because you have no aviation fuel to fly them.

How you plan to fly your 26 Gripens with your 9 pilots is your problem, not mine.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

Defence Review.

Wishful thinking. Your supposed review is literally gathering dust in your parliament. your Government should be more concerned with paying off the 40%, in loans, it still owns from a 1999 ego boosting spree that has left the SAAF with only 9 pilots, no aviation fuel and a severely weak Airforce.

3 C-130's to cover over 1.2million KM, you clowns need to snap off your hallucinations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 10:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henry240:

SAAF has 26 Gripens, you only have 14 planes because you cannot have no money, those planes fly 1 hour 40 minutes a month because you have no aviation fuel to fly them.

How you plan to fly your 26 Gripens with your 9 pilots is your problem, not mine.
2 pilots, 11 Planes..... your problem,not mine!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henry240:

Wishful thinking. Your supposed review is literally gathering dust in your parliament. your Government should be more concerned with paying off the 40%, in loans, it still owns from a 1999 ego boosting spree that has left the SAAF with only 9 pilots, no aviation fuel and a severely weak Airforce.

3 C-130's to cover over 1.2million KM, you clowns need to snap off your hallucinations.
Fact is Henry, its been approved!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henry240:

There is ample proof you have no more than 9 pilots.

You have only trained 18 Air crew members in 15 years.

You have 9 D models, it translates to 9 Gripen pilots and 9 navigators.

SAAF has only 9 pilots for their fleet of Gripen Jets.

FACT.

Run away from it
Hide from it
Deny it

It is there, and it sure ain't leaving.
14 operational planes and 12 in rotation,thus simple maths my intellectually impaired friend, 14 Planes = 14 Pilots and 18-14= 4 navigators.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

3 C-130's operational at any one time, the rest are rotated through maintenance. This is SOP for any country. Need I remind you that we had one in Lagos days after the disaster, and that you couldent even fly your men to Mali

18 000 hours = plenty aviation fuel
22 000 hours budgeted for = exess of aviation fuel

9 Pilots = prove it
9 Navigators = Prove it

MPA's with modern engines and avionics.

SAAF > NAF

No contest

I just could not help laughing at all your posts today. There is no way to spin doctor anything.

Those numbers keep parading were raked up by your Presidential Air Fleet. Not the larger Airforce.

You have no aviation fuel boy, it has been confirmed again by this article.

Your MPA's are 55 years old, true and actual museum artifacts.

You sent 1 C-130 to Lagos, leaving a paltry 2 C-130's for a country with a 1.2 million kilometre area.

Somehow this clown thinks it's something to be so joyous over.

NAF deployed 2 C-130 and 2 G-222's to mali.
NAF C-130 and a french military C-120 in mali

The SAAF should be competing with the Airforce of Malawi or somalia.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

Its what we need.

So its nothing to be proud of, nothing to be ashamed of, its practical.

Unlike Nigerians, we South Africans are not an emotional people.

Also, day 2 of waiting for proof we only have 9

It isn't what you need. You're too broke to even need.

It is only practical because you cannot afford aviation fuel. So you fly your Gripens less than 2 hours per month,

So you ground ground your entire Augusta A109 fleet.

So you store in the freezer half your Gripen fleet.

The only thing practical is how broke you are.
The only thing also practical is how you only managed to raise only 9 pilots despite signing your Gripen contract 15 years ago.

The only thing practical is you fly museum pieces for MP duties.

You know what else is practical for the pathetic SAAF, 3 C-130's for 1.2 million KM area.

That's how practically pathetic you are.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

22 000 flight hours budgeted for

7 Frigates

Deal. With. It

22, 000, all thanks to Zuma, his clan of bandits and the presidential Air Fleet.

7 Frigates, make it up 14.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henry240:

I just could not help laughing at all your posts today. There is no way to spin doctor anything.

Those numbers keep parading were raked up by your Presidential Air Fleet. Not the larger Airforce.

You have no aviation fuel boy, it has been confirmed again by this article.

Your MPA's are 55 years old, true and actual museum artifacts.

You sent 1 C-130 to Lagos, leaving a paltry 2 C-130's for a country with a 1.2 million kilometre area.

Somehow this clown thinks it's something to be so joyous over.

NAF deployed 2 C-130 and 2 G-222's to mali.
NAF C-130 and a french military C-120 in mali

The SAAF should be competing with the Airforce of Malawi or somalia.

The reason why all our C-130BZs are not all operational at once:
thus we have more time to make them look like this:

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

Nope, you just lied about the number of airstrikes.

Provide us with a citation. Allow us to examine this figure.

We provided a source a few weeks back. The CAS confirmed them. This CAS flies combat sorties.

A soldier to the core.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
DieVluit:
Africa's most prosperous countries.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/18/business/africa-prosperity-rankings-2014/index.html?sr=sharebar_facebook

the poverty giant of Africa is comfortably sitting where she belongs....
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2014
Henry240:

It isn't what you need. You're too broke to even need.

It is only practical because you cannot afford aviation fuel. So you fly your Gripens less than 2 hours per month,

So you ground ground your entire Augusta A109 fleet.

So you store in the freezer half your Gripen fleet.

The only thing practical is how broke you are.
The only thing also practical is how you only managed to raise only 9 pilots despite signing your Gripen contract 15 years ago.

The only thing practical is you fly museum pieces for MP duties.

You know what else is practical for the pathetic SAAF, 3 C-130's for 1.2 million KM area.

That's how practically pathetic you are.
NAF can only afford to fly 2 2nd gen F-7s jets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
Patchesagain:

Prove it.

We have 52 Hawk pilots, double the number of Hawks.

Just one conversion course and all Gripen and all Hawks will be combat ready.

Unlike you, we prepare for war while at peace.

The Nigerian solution would be to say "oldo dese here flyan machina be da much expensive! We sell da flyan machinene!!" then when war comes (like now) you dont have the gear you need (like now) and an enemy you should crush (like now) kicks your a** (like now) until you can buy the equipment you need which takes months to arrive and years to get full operational (like now)

Pity you only got 9 pilots, 18 air crew members for your Gripens.

If they could easily be converted, you wouldn't be stuck with 9 pilots. Pity you are.

No, you have prepared for nothing. You have instead gone on an ego boosting spending spree you could not afford in 1999, cannot afford today, and still won't be able to afford tomorrow.

Nigeria buys what Nigeria needs, we consider our present and future threats and we purchase accordingly.

If you had tried it, you won't be contemplating selling your Fighters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
jl115:

Your 100% right 9 pilots cant fly 14 planes, thats why we have 14 pilots!

No you do not. You only have 9 of them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1571) (1572) (1573) (1574) (1575) (1576) (1577) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.