Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1995) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4444211 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1992) (1993) (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

You inflicted no significant losses on the enemy, as the enemy was able to take over the capital only a few hours after brushing aside your incompetent troops.

This is a fact.

Fomac and french forces had to be drafted in to reverse the gains made by seleka in the capital.

Exactly, your own comment alludes to this fact.

Over 400 dead is very significant.

A few hours? try 13 - and they only took the capital after they got us to agree to stop shooting them.

Our job was never to defend the capital.

Meanwhile, your men's job was to defend Nigeria, and they lost an area the size of Belgium and furthermore allowed the deaths of over 10 000 nigerians and turned another 1,6 million into beggars.

All this while INSIDE NIGERIA, with FULL SUPPORT

No comparison. You wish your men could fight like ours - proven by the fact that you hired us to win your war for you!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

So you are now saying that tanks float?

Btw, thats an IFV and not a T-72

And yes, in order to cross rivers, tanks will have to fully submerge if the water is deeper than the tank.

These photos are tanks NOT IFV....or else I will make this forum mock you for not knowing a tank from and IFV cheesy cheesy

Keep asking me if I am a military researcher....empty barrel cheesy cheesy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Heavy tanks with heavy armour get dumped into the ocean in amphibious landing and have to snorkel ashore from sea to land.

Those heavy M1A1 Abrams tanks in photo below are NOT amphibious tanks, they have huge snorkels at their backs.

You Southies should just accept defeat and stop baseless arguments, I have proved you wrong with photos and even @saengine has run away

cheesy cheesy

So. That's not the point. You are shifting the goal post non stop.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Heavy tanks with heavy armour get dumped into the ocean in amphibious landing and have to snorkel ashore from sea to land.

Those heavy M1A1 Abrams tanks in photo below are NOT amphibious tanks, they have huge snorkels at their backs.

You Southies should just accept defeat and stop baseless arguments, I have proved you wrong with photos and even @saengine has run away

cheesy cheesy

So now you are agreeing with what we said?

This is literally exactly what we told you when you started spouting out nonsense about T-72's floating out to attack the valour class.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
andrewza:

Many projects flop so the armata could join them. Look at the F22. It is a faluir as a weapons program. Build in to small a numbers to make a diffrence. The pCS flopped to due to being over priced OPVs the Stryker was made out to be the next gen of PAC but it is just a mowaag. So yes the Amata could flop like the USA Bradley and Amtrak replacement projects.

We'll have to wait for Russia's Victory Day parade on the 9th of May to see the final Tank.

I'm sure you meant the Littoral combat ships (LCS), I don't quite understand the role those light patrol crafts. Like you said, they are a very expensive OPV. Same as the Stryker. However, I do not agree with the bradley.

The bradley has been a monumental success. You know in the Gulf war in kuwait, bradleys took out more Iraqi T-72 tanks than the Abrams M1A1........ they are an amazing IFV/AFV.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

These photos are tanks NOT IFV....or else I will make this forum mock you for not knowing a tank from and IFV cheesy cheesy

Keep asking me if I am a military researcher....empty barrel cheesy cheesy

A military researcher who cannot identify a ZBD2000 IFV

You mock yourself with your own posts

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2015
andrewza:

So. That's not the point. You are shifting the goal post non stop.

Nope, that is EXACTLY the point.....tanks do sea war operations, they ford or snorkel from ocean to beach land.

saengine:

Main battle tanks do not do sea operations.

I have defeated 3 South Africans in one argument, please go home and lick y.our wounds

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

You inflicted no significant losses on the enemy, as the enemy was able to take over the capital only a few hours after brushing aside your incompetent troops.

This is a fact.

Fomac and french forces had to be drafted in to reverse the gains made by seleka in the capital.

Exactly, your own comment alludes to this fact.
The FOMAC battalion under a coward force commander kept calling the SA forces to come forward.

When fighting broke out they didn't offer restrictions as Seleka swept them aside until they started meeting resistance from FACA.

They able to take the city because no one was protecting it anymore.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

That 8 meters boat is as big as a T-72 main battle tank.

So, a snorkelling T-72 tank will sink your Valour Frigate because your Soweto gunners are not good enough to hit target the size of a whole tank

Remeber this is where it all started

A T-72 will snorkel out into the ocean and sink a valour class.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Nope, that is EXACTLY the point.....tanks do sea war operations, they ford or snorkel from ocean to beach land.

I have defeated 3 South Africans in one argument, please go home and lick y.our wounds

That's not the sea. It is the beach. There is a difrence.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Show us the sand these tanks are driving on ......you fvcking fool cheesy cheesy

That is not a tank. Even worse that is not a T-72 tank. That is a light amphibious vehicle fitted with a turret. It is not a main battle tank. It is designed for water operations....tanks are not.

Main battle tanks are not driven into deep water. Shown by your own pic....a landing craft brings them to shore. They drive through shallow water onto dry land.

Why did you run to the Chinese for pics? Will they fight for you? Show us your T-72 tank in deep ocean water. It cannot. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

First, that isnt an MBT - pretty epic fail there mr military researcher

Second, that is not the argument. No one said they didnt.

What you said is that:

1. MBT's cannot fully submerge
2. MBT's somehow float - but dont float
3. MBT's can sail out and attack naval vessels
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Over 400 dead is very significant.

A few hours? try 13 - and they only took the capital after they got us to agree to stop shooting them.

Our job was never to defend the capital.

Meanwhile, your men's job was to defend Nigeria, and they lost an area the size of Belgium and furthermore allowed the deaths of over 10 000 nigerians and turned another 1,6 million into beggars.

All this while INSIDE NIGERIA, with FULL SUPPORT

No comparison. You wish your men could fight like ours - proven by the fact that you hired us to win your war for you!!

You did not inflict more than 50 dead Seleka, hence your plea for mercy from the French, your fleeing and Seleka taking over the capital only a few hours after engaging South-African troops. This is the sad fact.

In peace time (supposedly), your country men have managed to hack 32, 485 citizens to death. You South-Africans live as worse lives as the People in Syria.

The Nigerian Government hired Pilgrims security firm. Pilgrims is a Nigerian Security company, hired by the federal government to provide technical services. There is no proof to show that the Government hired South-Africans.

Provide evidence and stop snorting like the Pig you are.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

We'll have to wait for Russia's Victory Day parade on the 9th of May to see the final Tank.

I'm sure you meant the Littoral combat ships (LCS), I don't quite understand the role those light patrol crafts. Like you said, they are a very expensive OPV. Same as the Stryker. However, I do not agree with the bradley.

The bradley has been a monumental success. You know in the Gulf war in kuwait, bradleys took out more Iraqi T-72 tanks than the Abrams M1A1........ they are an amazing IFV/AFV.

I don't mean the bradly is bad. It has problems though. I was talking about 2 cancelled replacement projects.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

You did not inflict more than 50 dead Seleka, hence your plea for mercy from the French, your fleeing and Seleka taking over the capital only a few hours after engaging South-African troops. This is the sad fact.

In peace time (supposedly), your country men have managed to hack 32, 485 citizens to death. You South-Africans live as worse lives as the People in Syria.

The Nigerian Government hired Pilgrims security firm. Pilgrims is a Nigerian Security company. There is no proof to show that the Government hired South-Africans.

What's your source. I forgot you don't have one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

The Nigerian Government hired Pilgrims security firm. Pilgrims is a Nigerian Security company. There is no proof to show that the Government hired South-Africans.

Seleka themselves say we killed over 400 of them.

A few hours? 13 is a few hours? 13 hours resistance is more than your people got out of your army before they allowed BH to take town after town.

Our job was never to hold the capital

According to the latest paper released by the Medical Research Council - who you constantly quote, the murder rate is 43
http://www.mrc.ac.za/crime/cvi_second_review_ch7.pdf

There are hundreds of sources stating clearly that south africans are present and are fighting for you.

Go do some research and expand your mind, instead of howling like the ape you are.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

A military researcher who cannot identify a ZBD2000 IFV

You mock yourself with your own posts

I told you to leave the military researcher issue or else I keep rubbing mud in your face on Easter Friday.

My photo is Type 63A Light Amphibious tanks.

You DO NOT know difference between tank and IFV....Soweto mumu, messed up Friday cheesy cheesy

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/type_63a.htm

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:
The FOMAC battalion under a coward force commander kept calling the SA forces to come forward.

When fighting broke out they didn't offer restrictions as Seleka swept them aside until they started meeting resistance from FACA.

They able to take the city because no one was protecting it anymore.

No independent, on the ground source corollates your fabrication.

Fact is = SANDF was decisively dealt with.

Fact is = Seleka took the capital

Fact is = French and Fomac drove Seleka off bangui.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Seleka themselves say we killed over 400 of them.

A few hours? 13 is a few hours? 13 hours resistance is more than your people got out of your army before they allowed BH to take town after town.

Our job was never to hold the capital

According to the latest paper released by the Medical Research Council - who you constantly quote, the murder rate is 43

There are hundreds of sources stating clearly that south africans are present and are fighting for you.

Go do some research and expand your mind, instead of howling like the ape you are.

the Medical Research Council's statistics reveal that 89 murders are committed, on average, every day in South Africa.

32, 485 people are murdered every year in South-Africa.

the "easiest way for the police to reduce the crime rate is simply to do nothing but record only those crimes where a case number is absolutely mandatory ." Numerous experts are quoted as suspecting "serious under reporting"; "perhaps these figures are concealed for political reasons '; "the reason for this under reporting could be the desire to change the ongoing reputation of South Africa as the crime capital of the world."
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

I told you to leave the military researcher issue or else I keep rubbing mud in your face on Easter Friday.

My photo is Type 63A Light Amphibious tanks.

You DO NOT know difference between tank and IFV....Soweto mumu, messed up Friday cheesy cheesy

http://www.military-today.com/tanks/type_63a.htm

First - that isnt a T-72
Second - that isnt a main battle tank
Third - This is your first pic of the Type 63A, all others you posted were of ZBD2000 IFV's

So, apart from completely changing your argument, and now contradicting yourself. You cannot even properly identify military vehicals?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

cheesy cheesy

You havent got the slightest clue what you are talking about. That pic is your definition of "getting dumped into the ocean"? Oh my gosh.

That f*cken tank is driving straight off the ramp (which is resting on the sea floor) onto land. That tank's tracks will be in contact with the sea floor at all times. Can you not see your own damn pic? Are you blind? Can you not see all that beach sand?

Or maybe you've never been to the beach before. You dont know how a "beach works" grin

As i have said. Just because the tank gets wet...it doesnt mean its in deep ocean.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

the Medical Research Council's statistics reveal that 89 murders are committed, on average, every day in South Africa.

32, 485 people are murdered every year in South-Africa.

the "easiest way for the police to reduce the crime rate is simply to do nothing but record only those crimes where a case number is absolutely mandatory ." Numerous experts are quoted as suspecting "serious under reporting"; "perhaps these figures are concealed for political reasons '; "the reason for this under reporting could be the desire to change the ongoing reputation of South Africa as the crime capital of the world."

Henry

Posting the same thing over and over doesnt make it right - latest info from Medical Research Council puts the figure at 43
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Remeber this is where it all started

A T-72 will snorkel out into the ocean and sink a valour class.

If a Valour frigate is in the battle space of an amphibious operation, yes, from 4km away near shore in the waters, a T-72 will sink a distant Valour frigate in the deep ocean, frigates do go 2 km to the shore, that is deep deep water !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

If a Valour frigate is in the battle space of an amphibious operation, yes, from 4km away near shore in the waters, a T-72 will sink a distant Valour frigate in the deep ocean, frigates do go 2 km to the shore, that is deep deep water !

Why would a frigate go 2km to the shore?

Especially if enemy units were present?

Why would it not stay 16-20km out to sea and provide shore support from there?

You said a T-72 could "snorkel out" and sink a valour class.

Not to mention that the maximum aimed range for a T-72 is 2km
http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/t72tank.htm

This is your argument.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

First - that isnt a T-72
Second - that isnt a main battle tank
Third - This is your first pic of the Type 63A, all others you posted were of ZBD2000 IFV's

So, apart from completely changing your argument, and now contradicting yourself. You cannot even properly identify military vehicals?

Nope, my first 3 photos this morning included the Type 63 tank, and that is what I intend to post, google may bring random images on a single search, but I started this morning with photo of 5 Type 63 tanks with red flags flying on them, go back up page and see my first posts.

I have also shown Heavy Abrams tanks with snorkels dumped into the sea, and it is heavier than a T-72.

My point is proved, heavy tanks do battle at sea up to snorkel level, and if enemy warships appear, they will fire and sink it from 4 km far distance away.

PROVED !

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Nope, my first 3 photos this morning included the Type 63 tank, and that is what I intend to post, google may bring random images on a single search, but I started this morning with photo of 5 Type 63 tanks with red flags flying on them, go back up page and see my first posts.

I have also shown Heavy Abrams tanks with snorkels dumped into the sea, and it is heavier than a T-72.

My point is proved, heavy tanks do battle at sea up to snorkel level, and if enemy warships appear, they will fire and sink it from 4 km far distance away.

PROVED !

No - you said those were pictures of MBT's floating around in the ocean. They arent. They are IFV's and a light tank (IFV derivative)

Second, you are posting a picture of an MBT landing onto hard sand in shallow water. Unless you are saying that an Abrams floats, you are proving nothing.

So - are you saying MBT's float?

Yes or no?

We get it, you are too proud to admit such an embarrasing mistake - just stop arguing and people will stop making fun of you

The only thing you have proved is that you dont know what you are talking about and that you are too stubborn to admit you were wrong.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Why would a frigate go 2km to the shore?

Especially if enemy units were present?

Where else will a frigate go if not to where the enemy is ?

You think war is the sea jamboree in South Africa where Mr. Day's fishing boat is the enemy ?

Fool cheesy cheesy

A frigate from South African navy will engage the enemy warships if the enemy is landing on your shores. The enemy fleet has frigates, your frigate will go challenge them.

Pity that SAN Valour frigates cannot shoot straight, they get sunk by tanks cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

PROVED !

Lmao! "Dumped into the sea"

A 10 year old boy can stand where that tank is being "dumped into the sea". That is not deep ocean. Just because you can swim dont come here claiming that a metre of water is "deep ocean".

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

No - you said those were pictures of MBT's floating around in the ocean. They arent. They are IFV's and a light tank (IFV derivative)

Derivative my foot.

IFV is NOT = light tank.

Tank is tank. Light, medium, heavy, tank = tank
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Where else will a frigate go if not to where the enemy is ?

You think war is the sea jamboree in South Africa where Mr. Day's fishing boat is the enemy ?

Fool cheesy cheesy

A frigate from South African navy will engage the enemy warships if the enemy is landing on your shores. The enemy fleet has frigates, your frigate will go challenge them.

Pity that SAN Valour frigates cannot shoot straight, they get sunk by tanks cheesy cheesy

Why would the Valour class come within 2km of land or the enemy fleet?

It can engage with its main gun from 16-20km away and from 70km away with missiles.

Why would it come in close?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
saengine:

Lmao! "Dumped into the sea"

Yes....the forum is laughing at you now... cheesy cheesy

saengine:

Main battle tanks do not do sea operations.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Why would the Valour class come within 2km of land or the enemy fleet?

It can engage with its main gun from 16-20km away and from 70km away with missiles.

Why would it come in close?

....because war is not always fought at long range. 4km is far beyond human eyesight identification of targets. Tanks will shoot that far

(1) (2) (3) ... (1992) (1993) (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.