Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,526 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1996) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4444509 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1993) (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Derivative my foot.

IFV is NOT = light tank.

Tank is tank. Light, medium, heavy, tank = tank

First, you said T-72 - meaning YOUR T-72

The T-72 is a MAIN BATTLE TANK

Light tank =/= main battle tank

Hahaha, you sweating so much you gunna have to buy a new shirt!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Yes....the forum is laughing at you now... cheesy cheesy

Thats not a MBT floating on the sea

That is an MBT landing in shallow water.

What are you proving?

Also, are you saying MBT's float?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

....because war is not always fought at long range. 4km is far beyond human eyesight identification of targets. Tanks will shoot that far

Max aimed range for the T-72 is 2km

Why would the Valour Class come in that close?

Answer the question, why when it can engage from 15-20km away with guns, or 70km away with missiles would it sail to within 2km of the enemy?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Why would the Valour class come within 2km of land or the enemy fleet?

It can engage with its main gun from 16-20km away and from 70km away with missiles.

Mr. Day's fishing boat was not 16 km away.

Again Valour frigate main gun effective range is only 8 km.....fool.....not 16 km to 20 km.....fool cheesy cheesy

You want to fire Exocet missile on a tank ? cheesy cheesy

Then SAN cannot shoot straight at a fishing boat as we see Mr.Day alive and well on Easter Friday cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
I love how he ignores the question. Is THIS T-72 tank in the picture below (that YOU originally posted) floating or not? Yes or No? You claimed that this is how you would fire at us, commander even out of the turret. Is this tank floating or not? Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

The Germans have allready come up with the Leo 2 revolution which is supposed to be better than the A7

But dont hold your breath, the russians are only unveiling their prototype now - there is a good chance it can get sh1tcanned

The problem is that nigeria has spent moneh now and are then going to have to do it all again in under a decade

You know my stance on IFV's - if Nigeria is serious about military modernization they need to put in an order for 200+ platforms. And not for some russian monstrosity like the BTR series. A true blue next gen IFV is needed.

Some options are:

- Type 07
- Mowag Piranha IIIC
- Patria AMV
- GTX Boxer
- VBM Freccia
- VCBI

IMO wheeled IFV's at this stage are more important and relevant to Nigeria (and Africa in general) than tracked IFV's

Are you referring to the 2A7+?

I don't think the Armata would be shelved. They are supposedly going to unveil the Armata in Victory Day parade. If this happens as scheduled, we are sure that orders placed would not be cancelled.

Nigeria won't spend Anymore money on MBTs, as according to insider reports, the government placed orders for a considerable haul.

IFV's on the other hand are new in Nigerian military service. We only started buying them with the BTR-3U, it remains to be seen wether the military has seen enough of the need to place orders for considerable numbers. For this to happen, their has to be a re-orientation of mindset.

Be this as it may, if in deed we are going to get IFV's, the Mowag Piranha 3 IFV and BTR-4E would be the likely candidates.

Wheeled IFV's would most likely be the options.

The Turks have a very advanced Defence Industry, their newer MRAPs, tracked and 6x6 wheeled IFV's are sleek and widely popular amongst many militaries across the west.

However, i'm more interested in Otokar's Altay MBT. I have a feeling this MBT would turn out just perfect. Prototype testing a coming up really nice.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Mr. Day's fishing boat was not 16 km away.

Again Valour frigate main gun effective range is only 8 km.....fool.....not 16 km to 20 km.....fool cheesy cheesy

You want to fire Exocet missile on a tank ? cheesy cheesy

Then SAN cannot shoot straight at a fishing boat as we see Mr.Day alive and well on Easter Friday cheesy cheesy

So will the T-72 sail at the Valour Class like Mr Days fishing boat? How do you know how far away he was?

Valour Class gun range is 16,000 m with HE-PFF

Who said SAN fired at him? And whoever did is accurate enough to sink a Shaldag with 100% accuracy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Henry

Posting the same thing over and over doesnt make it right - latest info from Medical Research Council puts the figure at 43
http://www.mrc.ac.za/crime/cvi_second_review_ch7.pdf

It does make it right since it is accurate. The MRC says it's 89.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

It does make it right since it is accurate. The MRC says it's 89.

Yes, and the latest info from the MRC says 49

THE GROUP YOU ARE CITING SAY 49
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Max aimed range for the T-72 is 2km

A frigate is a big target, at 4 km the off point of a T-72 gun will still hit a huge frigate.

T-72 tanks also fire 5km range guided missiles.

You think I am posting comments from youtube? No, it's real war scenario I have in my mind
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
andrewza:
You do know it was a fishing boat and not a house that was shot at. You do know we have the biggest and second biggest training grounds in the southern hemisphere.
not only "southern hemisphere" it is "southern cherry-pear"{note the sarcasm}.
Have you forgotten that Brazil is also part of the southern hemisphere?,are you saying that you've got a bigger training field than Brazil?.
Moreover,isnt the fishing boat a civilian installation?,also,why shoot to scare the fishermen away,why not apply normal diplomatic means to strongly convince them to retreat out of the training zone?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

So will the T-72 sail at the Valour Class like Mr Days fishing boat? How do you know how far away he was?

Valour Class gun range is 16,000 m with HE-PFF

SAN Valour frigate has no such ammunition, you have basic HE imported from Italy with your Italian 76mm gun, range effective is 8 km

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

A frigate is a big target, at 4 km the off point of a T-72 gun will still hit a huge frigate.

T-72 tanks also fire 5km range guided missiles.

You think I am posting comments from youtube? No, it's real war scenario I have in my mind

You have nothing in your mind

The aimed range for a T-72 is 2km. That is the range it can hit things at.

Do your T-72's have guided missiles? No? Ok then - irrelevant.

Again, I ask, why will a valour class come within 2km of the shore line?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

SAN Valour frigate has no such ammunition, you have basic HE imported from Italy with your Italian 76mm gun, range effective is 8 km

16000 meters with standard ammunition
http://www.seaforces.org/wpnsys/SURFACE/Oto-Melara-76mm-compact-super-rapid.htm

Lol - wrecked your sh1t with ease cool

Thats max range for area effect - which is what you use for shore bombardment

8km precision and effective range is still more than 4X the range of a T-72

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
saengine:
I love how he ignores the question. Is THIS T-72 tank in the picture below (that YOU originally posted) floating or not? Yes or No? You claimed that this is how you would fire at us, commander even out of the turret. Is this tank floating or not? Yes or No?

I was never in debate about floating tanks, DO NOT divert attention away from your defeat....

Main battle tanks do sea operations.....they snorkel in deep ocean, they can sink a frigate 4km away, those are the original arguments.

I won....3 Southies screwed on Easter day cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:11pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

I was never in debate about floating tanks, DO NOT divert attention away from your defeat....

Main battle tanks do sea operations.....they snorkel in deep ocean, they can sink a frigate 4km away

No - that is exactly what you are saying.

You said it again:

Main battle tanks do sea operations.....they snorkel in deep ocean, they can sink a frigate 4km away

Are you saying MBT's float?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
andrewza:

What's your source. I forgot you don't have one.

I have provided sources on multiple occasions.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:16pm On Apr 03, 2015
EVarn:
not only "southern hemisphere" it is "southern cherry-pear"{note the sarcasm}.
Have you forgotten that Brazil is also part of the southern hemisphere?,are you saying that you've got a bigger training field than Brazil?.
Moreover,isnt the fishing boat a civilian installation?,also,why shoot to scare the fishermen away,why not apply normal diplomatic means to strongly convince them to retreat out of the training zone?

Yep.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lohatla

No a fish boat is a vehicle. It can move thuse is not a installation.

Who said it was warning shots. It could of been mistaken for the target drone.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Yes, and the latest info from the MRC says 49

THE GROUP YOU ARE CITING SAY 49

It clearly states 89. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

16000 meters with standard ammunition

Lol - wrecked your sh1t with ease cool

Thats max range for area effect - which is what you use for shore bombardment

[b]8km precision and effective range is still more than 4X the range of a T-72

Nope, you wrecked yourself. I said effective range is 8 km.

16 km is area effect with ZERO precision and plenty of missing a tiny target like a tank.

Then according to your own web link source I am very correct....

" Ammunition:
HE (high explosive) - 6,296kg / Range 16km / effective range 8km (4km vs. air targets at elev. 85°). "

...a tank is a damn small target, if you fire in area range, you miss....SAN missed Mr.Day's boat 3 times fired 3 times missed target cheesy cheesy

The T-72 will return fire and a ship is a huge massive target....SAN warship and incompetent sailors get sunk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

It clearly states 89. Deal with it.

the latest one says 49

deal with it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

I have provided sources on multiple occasions.

For less than 50 kills? Please do show.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

Are you saying MBT's float?

Are you asking me ?

Dummy....can't you google search as usual ?

Sorry I wrecked your Easter day cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Nope, you wrecked yourself. I said effective range is 8km.

16 km is area effect with ZERO precision and plenty of missing a tiny target like a tank.

" Ammunition:
HE (high explosive) - 6,296kg / Range 16km / effective range 8km (4km vs. air targets at elev. 85°). "

...a tank is a damn small target, if you fire in area range, you miss....SAN missed Mr.Day's boat 3 times fired 3 times missed target cheesy cheesy

The T-72 will return fire and a ship is a huge massive target....SAN warship and incompetent sailors get sunk

If you had read my post you would see:

Effective and precision range is still 4X the maximum range of the T-72

Why would they come in closer than 8km? They can engage the tank with complete precision at 8km distance and the tank can do nothing

And who said they are specifically hunting tanks? Shore bombardment is to supress the enemy while infantry storm the beach which is a role they can complete from 16km out to sea.

No need to come close
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Are you asking me ?

Dummy....can't you google search as usual ?

Sorry I wrecked your Easter day cheesy cheesy

Yes - your entire argument revolves around floating tanks.

Answer the very simple question: Are you saying tanks can float?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Nope, you wrecked yourself. I said effective range is 8km.

" Ammunition:

One check the longest confirmed kill by a tank.

A navel gun may not be accurate at range. But it fires fast. Those 3 shots where all in the air before the first even hit the ground. So the odds of hitting are far higher.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
Yes i am asking you

your entire argument revolves around floating tanks:

agaugust:

Main battle tanks do sea operations.....they snorkel in deep ocean, they can sink a frigate 4km away, those are the original arguments.

Answer the very simple question: Are you saying tanks can float?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:

First, you said T-72 - meaning YOUR T-72

Quote me where I said a Nigerian T-72 tank....Angola has T-72 tanks in your backyard there near your house

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

I won....3 Southies screwed on Easter day cheesy cheesy

Useless. You ate too many easter eggs.

How deep is this deep ocean? Can you stand in this "deep ocean"? When these imaginery main battle tanks move through this deep ocean are their tracks touching the sea bed or not?

Useless.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
patches689:
Yes i am asking you

Answer the very simple question : Are you saying tanks can float?

You say it's a very simple question.....yet you cannot answer it, you need my help.....you so dumb ? Southie dumbo ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

You say it's a very simple question.....yet you cannot answer it, you need my help.....you so dumb ? Southie dumbo ?

I know the answer. In arguments I never ask questions you dont already know the answer to.

Thats why I want you to answer it.

Do tanks float?

Yes

OR

No
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
andrewza:

One check the longest confirmed kill by a tank.

A navel gun may not be accurate at range. But it fires fast. Those 3 shots where all in the air before the first even hit the ground. So the odds of hitting are far higher.

SAN Valour frigate gunners are all incompetent.....you will always miss target....Rhino poachers shoot better than your blue water navy tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1993) (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.