Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4444908 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
Is this some kind of a joke?

Boko Haram warns South Africa to stop xenophobia.

http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=355046

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
MikeCZAR:
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nigerian soldiers were defeated by cows.
MUMU!!!!,Nigerian soldiers werent defeated in that assault,they repelled the attack.The word I used was "assaulted",not "defeated".You jumped into conclusion just like i expected you to do,typical zulu intellectual malady!.
Moreover,the BH 'cattle strategy' was quite ingenious,even the most radical military strategist wouldnt have expected such a crazy stunt.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
mzilakazi:
Is this some kind of a joke?
Boko Haram warns South Africa to stop xenophobia.
http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=355046
Bobo,you better urge your government to stop the xenophobic terrorism currently going on.If not,BH is gonna send your military running in circles around mandela's statue,and you are gonna need Nigerian military Counter Terrorism intervention within 2 month to save SA from becoming a gaint failed state.
As you can see,even shekau was outraged by xenophobic attacks and immediately converted to a civil right activist.
Change is indeed in the air.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

Gallant Naija sojas ... Agaugust, Henry120, Chris, Iterator, Fydence, Evarn, Lezz, Elka, Asuokaa, OverhypedSteve, et al ... una do well.

Just thought I'd mention ... it's now time for me to return home to my family as things begin to wind down for me in the frontlines. In deed, this thread has been the place where I have passed personal time inbetween the volatile COIN combat and intel ops in the service of fatherland Nigeria. Throughout the good and bad days, and near fatal events in the field, I have found courage and determination interacting with you great sons and brothers of our great country NIGERIA. Many thanks to our President and C-I-C ... we are on the final phases towards neutralising future brutal terrorist attacks on our soil.

I will be around ... quieter, but this time resting and reintegrating myself back to the normal military routine outside the NE. Always remember that our eyes are watching and reading with pride all that we do here to etch Nigeria's great name and exploits in the sands of time.

In deed it is #VictoryForNigeria and #NeverAgain to terrorist impunity on Nigerian soil. Long live President Jonathan! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria! Long live us all.

In answer to the question headlined by this thread: it's (1) Egypt (2) Nigeria (3) The Rest.

cool cool cool

Goodnight as you keep the flag flying!
God bless you regular ,am back home too

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

Gallant Naija sojas ... Agaugust, Henry120, Chris, Iterator, Fydence, Evarn, Lezz, Elka, Asuokaa, OverhypedSteve, et al ... una do well.

Just thought I'd mention ... it's now time for me to return home to my family as things begin to wind down for me in the frontlines. In deed, this thread has been the place where I have passed personal time inbetween the volatile COIN combat and intel ops in the service of fatherland Nigeria. Throughout the good and bad days, and near fatal events in the field, I have found courage and determination interacting with you great sons and brothers of our great country NIGERIA. Many thanks to our President and C-I-C ... we are on the final phases towards neutralising future brutal terrorist attacks on our soil.

I will be around ... quieter, but this time resting and reintegrating myself back to the normal military routine outside the NE. Always remember that our eyes are watching and reading with pride all that we do here to etch Nigeria's great name and exploits in the sands of time.

In deed it is #VictoryForNigeria and #NeverAgain to terrorist impunity on Nigerian soil. Long live President Jonathan! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria! Long live us all.

In answer to the question headlined by this thread: it's (1) Egypt (2) Nigeria (3) The Rest.

cool cool cool

What a good tale to narrate to your children. It is perfectly suitable to be told to small children and will surely entertain them.

Young man you are just more than good as a writer of fiction than a soldier.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 9:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

cool cool cool

we welcome you back into the peace that you ve fought fought for. #VictoryForNigeria #GallantSoldiers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
overhypedsteve:
we welcome you back into the peace that you ve fought fought for. #VictoryForNigeria #GallantSoldiers

Where are the girls?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

E don tay wey you dey craze!

cool cool cool
What? English bro!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
jln115:

What? English bro!
Thats Nigerian English mate.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
FighterPilot:

What a good tale to narrate to your children. It is perfectly suitable to be told to small children and will surely entertain them.

Young man you are just more than good as a writer of fiction than a soldier.
all i can see is envy.

your bogus moniker is just an idication how much you love to be noticed..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 3:11am On Apr 21, 2015
lezz:
all i can see is envy.

your bogus moniker is just an idication how much you love to be noticed..

WOW!!! How will I ever be jealous for something that is non-existant particularly for monkey rantings? Sorry!! That is not me shame.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:23am On Apr 21, 2015
Patchesagain:

Falling apart? Where do you get this rubbish from?

Bataleur has better armor and is infact protected against mines - making it better than yours.

Now to answer your questions:

1. O yes you would - your T-72's are second hand. You have to prove that it is a first hand platform.
2. No, that is not how this works. Until you can prove its upgraded it is the basic RM-70
3. No, the standard RM-70 carries only 122mm obsolete Grad rockets.
4. No it is not, and since it was designed and built by the East during the 1970's it is the complete opposit of NATO standard. See the picture for the NATO standard variant... does it look like yours?
5. No, the standard RM-70 has basic 20km range.
6. BPG can provide as much protection as metal. You do realize the glass is armored right? Also, our vehical is mine/ied protected yours is not.
8. Citations needed - what evidence do you have to support this claim?
9. How is it superior? In what way?

[size=13pt]You say the Bataleur is obsolete? Its a newer design than the RM-70!! Thus according to you the RM-70 is beyond obsolete!![/size]

Bataleur is safe from the RM-70 as it out-ranges it.

Until you prove otherwise you have the basic 1970's designed RM-70.

[size=13pt]See these pictures for what the RM-70 with long ranges and large munitions looks like!! Does it look like yours? NO! Nigeria has the ancient 1970's RM-70[/size]

[size=16pt]

Bwahahahaha gringringringrin

This @Patches guy is really hilarious !

You think NATO member Czech republic is using year 1971 version of RM-70 rocket launcher?

Nigeria bought the weapon from a NATO army in 2014, Czech army.

Who is the fool that will be a major NATO weapons manufacturer that will equip it's army with obsolete 1972 MRLS in 2014 ?

I did NOT say Nigeria bought the Modular type that fires only 6 bigger rockets according to your photo, I said Nigeria bought the 80 rocket version that uses both 122 mm and 227 mm rockets interchangeably on the same vehicle. That is modular in English language, not RM-70 MODULAR factory designation.

Modular in English means you can change parts of the equipment and re-configure it at will, and with ease.

Nigeria bought Czech army's NATO standard RM-70 rocket launcher, modernized and upgraded type with new targeting systems and fire control, plus modular capability to use both 122 mm and 227 mm rockets interchangeably.

The Czechoslovakia owned RM-70 units were split between Czech and Slovakia when the two countries separated, and in 1993, both nations upgraded and modified their RM-70 weapons...

"With the peaceful break up of Czechoslovakia into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1993, the existing vehicles were split between both countries and have received various modifications/upgrades."

http://tanknutdave.com/the-czechoslovakian-rm-70-mlrs-series/

Only a fool like you thinks a NATO major weapons manufacturer is using a 1971 obsolete weapon system in year 2011...over 40 year old weapons ? Fool grin grin

Nigeria has RM-70 from Czech army, fully upgraded and modified between 1993 to 2011 according to the source above, rocket range is 20 km and 36 km depending on rocket type loaded. SIPRI won't record anybody's rocket types because they are unguided weapons.

By the way, who told you that armies always fight a 40 km distance away from each other?

What kind of war is that dude?

Will infantry rifles and tanks or APCs be firing at each other separated by a law of 40 km away?

Are you siick? Do you know that 40 km can be up to the distance of two different cities or three towns apart?

Were South African and Cuban armies standing 40 km distance separated apart when their rifle men and tanks were killing each other in Angolan bush war?

What if the war zone itself is a town with just 15 km land mass from end to end? How will you stay 40 km away and fire rocket?

Now fool, how does your Bateluer rocket launcher sit 40 km away from the enemy and see the same enemy targets, are you w.itches and w.izards with 3rd eye that sees people and vehicles from 40 km distance away?

When both armies clash in real battle theatre, the Nigerian RM-70 will fire 80 times and SANDF will fire 40 times, we all know who will remain alive after fire pass fire and one army unleashed double firepower on the other !

I don't blame you, SANDF has not fired a single artillery or rocket launcher in war since over 20 years ago, and your current army chief of staff is a former local rag tag rebel freedom fighter trained in 1970 to use only AK-47 rifle, even Shekau is more combat experienced than South Africa's most senior army General and chief of army staff today, SANDF is commanded by a rag tag rebel chief of staff in 2014 with zero experience of conventional war, even Shekau is better experienced in war gringringringrin

[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 7:59am On Apr 21, 2015
FighterPilot:

WOW!!! How will I ever be jealous for something that is non-existant.

You mean you took the trouble to quote something that is non-existent ?

you are going to have to choose between a tactless lier or a slowpoke..

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 8:26am On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

You think NATO member Czech republic is using year 1971 version of RM-70 rocket launcher?

Who is the fool that will be a major NATO weapons manufacturer that will equip it's army with obsolete 1972 MRLS in 2014 ?

I did NOT say Nigeria bought the Modular type that fires only 6 bigger rockets according to your photo, I said Nigeria bought the 80 rocket version that uses both 122 mm and 227 mm rockets interchangeably on the same vehicle. That is modular in English language, not RM-70 MODULAR factory designation.

Modular in English means you can change parts of the equipment and re-configure it at will, and with ease.

Nigeria bought Czech army's NATO standard RM-70 rocket launcher, modernized and upgraded type with new targeting systems and fire control, plus modular capability to use both 122 mm and 227 mm rockets interchangeably.

The Czechoslovakia owned RM-70 units were split between Czech and Slovakia when the two countries separated, and in 1993, both nations upgraded and modified their RM-70 weapons...

"With the peaceful break up of Czechoslovakia into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1993, the existing vehicles were split between both countries and have received various modifications/upgrades."

http://tanknutdave.com/the-czechoslovakian-rm-70-mlrs-series/

Only a fool like you thinks a NATO major weapons manufacturer is using a 1971 obsolete weapon system in year 2011...over 40 year old weapons ? Fool grin grin

Nigeria has RM-70 from Czech army, fully upgraded and modified between 1993 to 2011 according to the source above, rocket range is 20 km and 36 km depending on rocket type loaded. SIPRI won't record anybody's rocket types because they are unguided weapons.

By the way, who told you that armies always fight a 40 km distance away from each other?

Will infantry rifles and tanks or APCs be firing at each other separated by a law of 40 km away?

Are you siick? Do you know that 40 km can be up to the distance of two different cities or three towns apart?

Were South African and Cuban armies standing 40 km distance separated apart when their rifle men and tanks were killing each other in Angolan bush war?

What if the war zone itself is a town with just 15 km land mass from end to end? How will you stay 40 km away and fire rocket?

Now fool, how does your Bateluer rocket launcher sit 40 km away from the enemy and see the same enemy targets, are you w.itches and w.izards with 3rd eye that sees people and vehicles from 40 km distance away?

When both armies clash in real battle theatre, the Nigerian RM-70 will fire 80 times and SANDF will fire 40 times, we all know who will remain alive after fire pass fire and one army unleashed double firepower on the other !

I don't blame you, SANDF has not fired a single artillery or rocket launcher in war since over 20 years ago, and your current army chief of staff is a former local rag tag rebel freedom fighter trained in 1970 to use only AK-47 rifle, even Shekau is more combat experienced than South Africa's most senior army General and chief of army staff today, SANDF is commanded by a rag tag rebel chief of staff in 2014 with zero experience of conventional war, even Shekau is better experienced in war gringringringrin

[/size]
@ patchesagain, No this is just pure murder..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:36am On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

[b] "With the peaceful break up of Czechoslovakia into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1993, the existing vehicles were split between both countries and have received various modifications/upgrades."

[/size]

Hahaha you have proceeded to lose your mind!! I can hear the tears hitting your keyboard as you type out this response!!

Your version is the standard RM-70 with 20km range.

The new RM-70 is only in use in Slovakia and only has 28 122mm missiles or 6 227mm missiles.

RM-70 Modular upgrade of the basic RM-70. Vehicle an interchangeable rocket pod and is capable to launch either 28 122-mm Grad rockets or 6 227-mm M270 MLRS rockets. Slovakia ordered upgrade of 26 vehicles to the RM-70 Modular standard. First systems were delivered in 2005;
http://www.military-today.com/artillery/rm_70.htm

You dont have this, you have the obsolete 1970's RM-70 with ancient fire control and pathetic 20km range. You yourself admit you have the version with 40 tubes, not 28!!

Pic 1, Nigerian RM-70
Pic 2 onwards: Modern RM-70

Do they look the same?

NO!!

Case closed.

Cry more.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

[/size]

Hahaha, I see that you have reached new levels of in.sanity by my startling revelations of your brand new yet obsolete hardware!!

Do you think MRLS and artillery systems sit on the frontline?

They sit behind the frontline and engage the enemy!

Our system can safely engage your frontline and your artillery/MRLS whilst yours cannot do the same.

Spotting can be done with the Thales systems and Ratel Fire-observation platform, Vulture Drones, Oryx, A109, Gripen, Hawks and transmitted to the guns via datalink. Or they can be called in by forward observers by radio. You know, the same way all artillery is used

Mr military researcher thinks that artillery and MRLS systems sit in the frontline trenches with the troops grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

[/size]

Nigeria has never fired artillery or rockets at an enemy who can effectively fire back - during the border war we were engaged in the biggest artillery duel africa has seen since WW2

You have never fought a conventional enemy or a properly armed enemy.

You have zero conventional warfighting experience.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Apparently militaryphotos.net is shutting down. Now that's a shame and a major loss for virtually all of us in this thread who use that site.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
Patchesagain:

Nigeria has never fired artillery or rockets at an enemy who can effectively fire back - during the border war we were engaged in the biggest artillery duel africa has seen since WW2

You have never fought a conventional enemy or a properly armed enemy.

You have zero conventional warfighting experience.

[size=13pt]

Nope, we did it many times !

1. Nigerian army and Biafran army artillery officers with same British army artillery training, exchanged heavy artillery fires during the Biafran war and that was a conventional war, biggest in Africa's modern history.

2. Nigerian army and NPLF exchanged artillery fires in Liberian war, Ghaddafi supplied NPLF with his howitzer artillery

3. Boko Haram had howitzer artiilery, both towed and mobile and they exchanged artiilery fire with Nigerian army this year 2015.

4. The current South African army has NOT fired one single artillery shell in war since over 20 years ago, and your current SANDF chief of army staff is an army General rank with far less combat experience than Shekau the illiterate terrorist.

5. SANDF = Rag Tag Army under leadership of an ex-rebel man with ZERO experience of conventional war tongue tongue

6. SANDF is under the command of a Rag Tag army chief of staff who is actually a rebel trained by Zimbabwe for freedom fighting with only AK-47 rifle as his weapon of skill, Shekau is better than him 100 times tongue tongue

PHOTOS 1 & 2 : BOKO HARAM'S MOBILE ARTILLERY LIKELY FROM LIBYA'S BLACK MARKET

PHOTO 3 : NIGERIA, BEST ARTILLERY GUNNERS IN AFRICA
.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
Patchesagain:

Hahaha, I see that you have reached new levels of in.sanity by my startling revelations of your brand new yet obsolete hardware!!

Do you think MRLS and artillery systems sit on the frontline?

They sit behind the frontline and engage the enemy!

Mr military researcher thinks that artillery and MRLS systems sit in the frontline trenches with the troops grin grin grin

They actually do, artillery moves along with infantry to front line.

99.99% of SANDF artillery forces have ZERO war experience today, South African artillery officers will soon pay cash and beg to be trained under Nigerian army artillery corps and school in Kachia city, Kaduna state grin grin ....

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

[size=13pt]

Nope, we did it many times !

1. Nigerian army and Biafran army artillery officers with same British army artillery training, exchanged heavy artillery fires during the Biafran war and that was a conventional war, biggest in Africa's modern history.

2. Nigerian army and NPLF exchanged artillery fires in Liberian war, Ghaddafi supplied NPLF with his howitzer artillery

3. Boko Haram had howitzer artiilery, both towed and mobile and they exchanged artiilery fire with Nigerian army this year 2015.

4. The current South African army has NOT fired one single artillery shell in war since over 20 years ago, and your current SANDF chief of army staff is an army General rank with far less combat experience than Shekau the illiterate terrorist.

5. SANDF = Rag Tag Army under leadership of an ex-rebel man with ZERO experience of conventional war tongue tongue

6. SANDF is under the command of a Rag Tag army chief of staff who is actually a rebel trained by Zimbabwe for freedom fighting with only AK-47 rifle as his weapon of skill, Shekau is better than him 100 times tongue tongue

PHOTOS 1 & 2 : BOKO HARAM'S MOBILE ARTILLERY LIKELY FROM LIBYA'S BLACK MARKET

PHOTO 3 : NIGERIA, BEST ARTILLERY GUNNERS IN AFRICA
.[/size]

1. Biafran army had allmost no artillery and was not a well equipped or well organized formation
2. Again, poorly armed rebels with no massed artillery and MRSL systems
3. Again, poorly armed rebels with no massed artillery and MRLS systems
4. Multiple current members of the SANDF served in that war and fired their weapons in anger, while the lessons learnt in that war have been passed on from soldier to soldier in training
5. General Sholly Shoke completed a Brigade Commanders Course in the USSR and was again re-trained with all former members of the Liberation Movement when he was integrated into the SANDF
6. Brigadier General Deon Holtzhausen is the commander of the SANDF Artillery Corps and he served in the Border war

Nigeria has fought no modern conventional war
South Africa was involved in the biggest artillery duel Africa has seen since WW2

Who is more likely to know what they are doing?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

They actually do, artillery moves along with infantry to front line.

99.99% of SANDF artillery forces have ZERO war experience today, South African artillery officers will soon pay cash and beg to be trained under Nigerian army artillery corps and school in Kachia city, Kaduna state grin grin ....

Wait.

Just wait.

You are saying artillery is used on the front line? With the infantry? Not behind the front lines?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Patchesagain:

Our system can safely engage your frontline and your artillery/MRLS whilst yours cannot do the same.

Spotting can be done with the Thales systems and Ratel Fire-observation platform, Vulture Drones, Oryx, A109, Gripen, Hawks and transmitted to the guns via datalink Or they can be called in by forward observers by radio.

All your air borne observation will be sh.ot down by Nigerian air defence and air force jets.

Ground radar CANNOT distinguish between other metals, vehicles, civilian equipment, and industrial machinery/vehicles, radar just picks up every big metal thing inside a city, you are trying to radar scan a 40 km distance and hundreds of metal things will be appearing on your screen because you are radar scanning from city to city.....FAIL !

Only ground cameras can do a clear job, but they do NOT have a 40 km range, most are below 10 km.

You will need to close up to enemy artillery and engage.

At 40 km distance, you identify NOTHING !

Why did Cuban army and SADF use 2 km range weapons on each other? The battle gets close up in real war.

Why was Boko Haram getting to the perimeter fence of Nigerian Bofors artillery in Konduga? The battle becomes close contact in real war.

SANDF has ZERO real war experience in over 20 year, so you will NEVER know how war is fought in real life, even your SANDF rag tag rebel ANC freedom fighter army chief of staff can be lectured by Shekau on real life combat grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

All your air borne observation will be sh.ot down by Nigerian air defence and air force jets.

Ground radar CANNOT distinguish between other metals, vehicles, civilian equipment, and industrial machinery/vehicles, radar just picks up every big metal thing inside a city, you are trying to radar scan a 40 km distance and hundreds of metal things will be appearing on your screen because you are radar scanning from city to city.....FAIL !

Only ground cameras can do a clear job, but they do NOT have a 40 km range, most are below 10 km.

At 40 km distance, you identify NOTHING !

Why did Cuban army and SADF use 2 km range weapons on each other? The battle gets close up in real war.

Why was Boko Haram getting to the perimeter fence of Nigerian Bofors artillery in Konduga? The battle becomes close contact in real war.

SANDF has ZERO real war experience in over 20 year, so you will NEVER know how war is fought in real life, even your SANDF rag tag rebel ANC freedom fighter army chief of staff can be lectured by Shekau on real life combat grin grin

1. So what? You asked how we would do it. I told you. Stop moving the goalposts.
2. The Thales system is intelligent enough to distinguish between people, vehicles, boats etc. If you are using rocket artillery for saturation fire then the battle has moved far beyond the point of caring about collateral damage.
3. Forward operators, jets, drones, ground search radar, pre-registered targets etc there are many ways and artillery has been engaging targets up to 40km away since the 1940's
4. Yes, they used 2km weapons. They also used 20km weapons and we used 50km weapons.
5. Boko Haram got that close because your Commanders were incompetant and placed their guns in a location where they were at risk. They were also placed in that position due to the pathetic short range of your guns.

Are you seriously saying that its impossible for guns to engage at 40km distance? This is beyond pathetic. This is also beyond responding to.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

No.

The spotter needs to be close up

The guns sit safely behind the front lines.

He then uses this thing called a RADIO or this other thing called a DATA-LINK to transmit data back to the guns so they know what to shoot at
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iconize(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4eGhsiP-Q

South African xenophobia gang leader speaks.
Y'all Bantustans are in deep shyte.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. Biafran army had allmost no artillery and was not a well equipped or well organized formation
2. Again, poorly armed rebels with no massed artillery and MRSL systems
3. Again, poorly armed rebels with no massed artillery and MRLS systems
4. Multiple current members of the SANDF served in that war and fired their weapons in anger, while the lessons learnt in that war have been passed on from soldier to soldier in training
5. General Sholly Shoke completed a Brigade Commanders Course in the USSR and was again re-trained with all former members of the Liberation Movement when he was integrated into the SANDF
6. Brigadier General Deon Holtzhausen is the commander of the SANDF Artillery Corps and he served in the Border war

Nigeria has fought no modern conventional war
South Africa was involved in the biggest artillery duel Africa has seen since WW2

Who is more likely to know what they are doing?

Now I see you changing story after your äss got whipped with Koboko horse whip till you began to bleed grin

First you said Nigeria never fired artillery on an enemy that fires back, then you changed story to say Biafra had few artillery, so did you personally count the number of Biafran artillery guns?

All Nigerian army artillery regiments in East and South became Biafran army property when the country was divided into two.

The Biafran commander in chief was one of the most intelligent and actually the most educated British academy trained Nigerian officer, and his top regimental field commanders were Nigerian army officers trained in the world's best military academy of conventional warfare in Europe. Biafra war was a conventional war of Nigerian army Vs Nigerian army divided into two.

SANDF chief of staff is an army General with ZERO experience of conventional war in his entire life. Your General Shoke is educated in personnel management and human resources, he was appointed SANDF army chief under ANC governments political law of BEE programme that puts black South Africans in positions they do NOT technically and professionally qualify for, so if that man leads SANDF into battle, South Africa will be demölished and beaten into another Seleka war style Bangui city retreat.

SANDF army chief was trained in rebel warfare in USSR, to make him a rebel bushman fighter 100 times less capable than Savimbi of UNITA.

The same SANDF army chief was trained in combat by Zimbabwean army that was trained by Nigerian army, so your South African army chief got a hand me down second hand or even third hand military training . His best weapon of skill is the 1970 freedom fighter AK-47 rifle.

No wonder he was afraid to return and fight Seleka in Bangui.

SANDF chief of army staff today 2015 is a mere rag tag rebel fighter, I am sorry to inform you that Shekau of Boko Haram has 100 times better war experience than South African army chief of staff. Sorry about your country's human capacity misfortune, life is not always fair.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. So what? You asked how we would do it. I told you. Stop moving the goalposts.
2. The Thales system is intelligent enough to distinguish between people, vehicles, boats etc. If you are using rocket artillery for saturation fire then the battle has moved far beyond the point of caring about collateral damage.
3. Forward operators, jets, drones, ground search radar, pre-registered targets etc there are many ways and artillery has been engaging targets up to 40km away since the 1940's
4. Yes, they used 2km weapons. They also used 20km weapons and we used 50km weapons.
5. Boko Haram got that close because your Commanders were incompetant and placed their guns in a location where they were at risk. They were also placed in that position due to the pathetic short range of your guns.

Are you seriously saying that its impossible for guns to engage at 40km distance? This is beyond pathetic. This is also beyond responding to.

Your Thales radar will NEVER know the difference between an RM-70 and hundreds of civilian trucks scattered a whole 40 km wide distance from city to city, the Nigerian RM-70 is actually mounted on a civilian truck !!! Fool gringrin

You don't know why radar scanning if different from surveillance camera/video ? Half Illiterate gringrin

I said the enemy anti-aircraft missiles and air force jets will shööt down ALL your airborne surveillance and targeting aircraft, you keep talking as if the enemy is a group of armed robbers fighting a conventional war, are you mäd ?

Tanzania has rocket artillery with 100 km range, so when South Africa wants to fight Tanzania, your SANDF will shift backwards to 100 km safe distance and start firing your 40 km range rockets against Tanzanian army that is 100 km away with more than double rocket range superiority over South Africa?

You assume that real war is a computer video game and all the armies agree on staying far away completely beyond range and reach of enemy artillery? If that is the way war is fought, all rifles, tanks, APC, machine guns, will be cancelled from all army arsenals worldwide.

I really don't blame you, South African army chief of staff read personnel management/human resources, and got AK-47 warfare training from Zimbabwe, which got training from Nigeria, then you his country man thinks about war/battle field reality like customs and immigration officers
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
iconize:

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
iconize:

lol oo...@'Bantustans'.Bunch of xenophobic motherfvckers.
Its really sad 'cos the Bantu people migrated from south east Nigeria in the 2000 BC,downward towards south africa all through the 1000 BC-500 AD.Today,they dont even recognise their roots anymore.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ugandan comedian.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.