Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4430441 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jazzydee: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
South Africa's army is being deployed to volatile areas to prevent attacks on foreigners, Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula has said.
The army was intervening because an "emergency" had developed, she said.
Foreign governments have strongly criticised South Africa for failing to protect their nationals.
At least seven people have been killed and 5,000 left homeless since the attacks started about three weeks ago against other Africans and Asians.
"We come in as the last resort. The army will serve as a deterrent," Ms Mapisa-Nqakula told journalists.
Troops are being despatched to flashpoints in South Africa's KwaZulu-Natal province and the economic heartland of Gauteng, which includes Johannesburg.
The first deployments have been in Alexandra, a poor township north of Johannesburg.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32396532

Now this is the kind of operations that the South African Army is known for, Fighting the war against their citzens envy and jealousy of fellow successful African migrants in their country.
[size=13pt]Does this count as war Experience for the SA's Army? for i have never seen the SA army in any serious combat mission against formidable enemies[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
jazzydee:
South Africa's army is being deployed to volatile areas to prevent attacks on foreigners, Defence Minister Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula has said.
The army was intervening because an "emergency" had developed, she said.
Foreign governments have strongly criticised South Africa for failing to protect their nationals.
At least seven people have been killed and 5,000 left homeless since the attacks started about three weeks ago against other Africans and Asians.
"We come in as the last resort. The army will serve as a deterrent," Ms Mapisa-Nqakula told journalists.
Troops are being despatched to flashpoints in South Africa's KwaZulu-Natal province and the economic heartland of Gauteng, which includes Johannesburg.
The first deployments have been in Alexandra, a poor township north of Johannesburg.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-32396532

Now this is the kind of operations that the South African Army is known for, Fighting the war against their citzens envy and jealousy of fellow successful African migrants in their country.
[size=13pt]Does this count as war Experience for the SA's Army? for i have never seen the SA army in any serious combat mission against formidable enemies[/size]

Geeee gringringrin

South African army is just one step ahead of an ordinary police service....Geeeeee gringringrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
agaugust:

Geeee gringringrin

South African army is just one step ahead of an ordinary police service....Geeeeee gringringrin

na wa o.

so all thos police photo parade wey dem dey show us na washgrin.

south african security servives=magazine models
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Henry120:
Apparently militaryphotos.net is shutting down. Now that's a shame and a major loss for virtually all of us in this thread who use that site.

did they give reasons? i don't spend a dat without visiting that site. too bad

..okay. just saw it. turns out they'll still be around only on a different platform.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
iconize:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4eGhsiP-Q

South African xenophobia gang leader speaks.
Y'all Bantustans are in deep shyte.

bwahahahahahahaha... i was just laughing as i watched this. dude is high as fvck

there we have it gentlemen. south africans (blacks) are the dumbest species on the continent.

why didn't botha just explain it better so we can let them keep these animals on a leash.

'foreigners are killing our economy'.... how? buy doing jobs you are too lazy and dull to do? or opening businessess that also adds to your revenue and gdp?

these animals are crazy i sweargrin.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:28am On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

bwahahahahahahaha... i was just laughing as i watched this. dude is high as fvck

there we have it gentlemen. south africans (blacks) are the dumbest species on the continent.

why didn't botha just explain it better so we can let them keep these animals on a leash.

'foreigners are killing our economy'.... how? buy doing jobs you are too lazy and dull to do? or opening businessess that also adds to your revenue and gdp?

[size=20pt]This is South Africa that wants to be leader of Africa grin grin grin

Born animals in action grin grin grin

We don't blame you, we blame Nigeria and OAU that fought to free you animals from your Boer white-master's cage, the white men know why they chained you down like doggies for 300 years....Soweto animals in human skin

.[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:51am On Apr 22, 2015
agaugust:

Now I see you changing story after your äss got whipped with Koboko horse whip till you began to bleed grin

First you said Nigeria never fired artillery on an enemy that fires back, then you changed story to say Biafra had few artillery, so did you personally count the number of Biafran artillery guns?

All Nigerian army artillery regiments in East and South became Biafran army property when the country was divided into two.

The Biafran commander in chief was one of the most intelligent and actually the most educated British academy trained Nigerian officer, and his top regimental field commanders were Nigerian army officers trained in the world's best military academy of conventional warfare in Europe. Biafra war was a conventional war of Nigerian army Vs Nigerian army divided into two.

SANDF chief of staff is an army General with ZERO experience of conventional war in his entire life. Your General Shoke is educated in personnel management and human resources, he was appointed SANDF army chief under ANC governments political law of BEE programme that puts black South Africans in positions they do NOT technically and professionally qualify for, so if that man leads SANDF into battle, South Africa will be demölished and beaten into another Seleka war style Bangui city retreat.

SANDF army chief was trained in rebel warfare in USSR, to make him a rebel bushman fighter 100 times less capable than Savimbi of UNITA.

The same SANDF army chief was trained in combat by Zimbabwean army that was trained by Nigerian army, so your South African army chief got a hand me down second hand or even third hand military training . His best weapon of skill is the 1970 freedom fighter AK-47 rifle.

No wonder he was afraid to return and fight Seleka in Bangui.

SANDF chief of army staff today 2015 is a mere rag tag rebel fighter, I am sorry to inform you that Shekau of Boko Haram has 100 times better war experience than South African army chief of staff. Sorry about your country's human capacity misfortune, life is not always fair.

He has completed a Brigade Commanders course in Russia

And has extensive knowledge on unconventional warfare

This makes him the perfect officer with experience and knowledge of conventional and irregular warfare
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:19am On Apr 22, 2015
agaugust:

Your Thales radar will NEVER know the difference between an RM-70 and hundreds of civilian trucks scattered a whole 40 km wide distance from city to city, the Nigerian RM-70 is actually mounted on a civilian truck !!! Fool gringrin

You don't know why radar scanning if different from surveillance camera/video ? Half Illiterate gringrin

I said the enemy anti-aircraft missiles and air force jets will shööt down ALL your airborne surveillance and targeting aircraft, you keep talking as if the enemy is a group of armed robbers fighting a conventional war, are you mäd ?

Tanzania has rocket artillery with 100 km range, so when South Africa wants to fight Tanzania, your SANDF will shift backwards to 100 km safe distance and start firing your 40 km range rockets against Tanzanian army that is 100 km away with more than double rocket range superiority over South Africa?

You assume that real war is a computer video game and all the armies agree on staying far away completely beyond range and reach of enemy artillery? If that is the way war is fought, all rifles, tanks, APC, machine guns, will be cancelled from all army arsenals worldwide.

I really don't blame you, South African army chief of staff read personnel management/human resources, and got AK-47 warfare training from Zimbabwe, which got training from Nigeria, then you his country man thinks about war/battle field reality like customs and immigration officers

Why are we talking about Tanzania?

Thales radar is not the only way we can and will detect targets; scouts, spotters, Recon flights, drones, satellite surveillance, communications intercepts, prisoner interrogations etc

If you dont understand indirect fire or the placement of artillery in battle or the role of artillery in battle, then that is your problem not mine.

Your argument is beyond stu.pid.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:21am On Apr 22, 2015
agaugust:

Geeee gringringrin

Maybe if your army were able to deploy quickly and effectivly to stop the violence in the North East Boko Haram would not have grown so powerfull that they would defeat you in over 35 battles and carve out a kingdom the size of belgium.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 3:28am On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

agaugust:

[size=20pt]This is South Africa that wants to be leader of Africa grin grin grin
Born animals in action grin grin grin
We don't blame you, we blame Nigeria and OAU that fought to free you animals from your Boer white-master's cage, the white men know why they chained you down like doggies for 300 years....Soweto animals in human skin

.[/size]

[size=20pt]Hey you illiterate fvcks.... read the title of the video "IMITATING" a Xenophobia Gang leader.

Do you know the meaning of this word "imitating"?

Did they teach it to you in your filthy mud brick schools?

For god sakes, the guy doesnt even have a South African accent.

Yet again you have been overly desperate to find ammunition to fuel your jealous rage against South Africa

And yet again you have humiliated yourself!!

Bwa-hahahah!!!

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 7:01am On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

does it mean the south african(white) is the smartest creature on the continent?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 7:29am On Apr 22, 2015
osystein:

does it mean the south african(white) is the smartest creature on the continent?

naaa... they are not africans. and they are far better than these zulu animals
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

did they give reasons? i don't spend a dat without visiting that site. too bad

..okay. just saw it. turns out they'll still be around only on a different platform.

They won't be around. There won't be any photo sharing on the new place( except personal photos), and no weekly photos/ country photos thread.

The site is gone.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:20am On Apr 22, 2015
NIGERIA AND THE REST OF THE AFRICAN CONTINENT SHOULD STOP TRYING TO TELL SOUTH AFRICA HOW TO TACKLE ITS OWN PROBLEM....AS MOST OF WHAT'S HAPPENING ARE PROBLEMS THAT ORIGINATES FROM THE AFRICAN CONTINENT ITSELF. AFRICAN COUNTRIES HAVE OUTSOURCED THEIR INTERNAL CHALLENGES TO SOUTH AFRICA SUCH AS UNEMPLOYMENT, GOOD GOVERNANCE, HOUSING ETC.

THESE PROBLEMS ARE ALSO EXPERIANCED BY EUROPE....THOUSANDS OF AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS ARE DYING EVERY DAY IN THE MEDITEREAN SEA AND NOT A SINGLE AFRICAN COUNTRY HAS VOICED ITS CONCERN AND SO WHY SOUTH AFRICA....NOWAY IN THE WORLD HAS ANY COUNTRY EXPERIANCED SUCH A TOTAL DISREGARD OF ITS INTERNAL SECURITY AND BORDER INVASION WITHOUT AN OPPOSITION FROM ITS OWN CITIZENS....XENOPHOBIA IS BAD BUT NO PLACE HAS EVER WITNESS SUCH A TOTAL DISREGARD BY AFRICAN IMMIGRANTS OF ITS OWN SOVEREIGNTY........AFRICA SUPPORTED SOUTH AFRICA, ZIMBABWE, ANGOLA, MOZAMBIQUE AND NAMIBIA DURING THEIR LIBERATION AND THIS HOSPITALITY BY AFRICANS WAS NOT A LONG TERM INVESTMENT TO OUTSOURCED ITS OWN PROBLEMS ONLY TO SOUTH AFRICA.

NO COUNTRY CAN HANDLE THIS TOTAL INVASION BY AFRICA ALONE...EVEN EUROPEAN COUNTRIES ARE APPEALING TO THE EUROPEAN UNION FOR ASSISTANCE

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:25am On Apr 22, 2015
I HOPE THESE NIGERIAN MUMUS READ THE FOLLOWING ATTACHMENT

MTN Nigeria on Monday warned that should there be attacks on its facilities, it might be forced to close shop and 99 per cent of its over 6,000 workforce in the country, who are Nigerians, would be thrown into the labour market.

It also said that calls for the boycott of its services were unjustified as such an action would affect its support chain, which could cause another 500,000 Nigerians to lose their means of livelihood.

The company stated this in Lagos some hours after two groups protested in its Abuja and Benin offices against the killing of foreigners in its home country, South Africa.

According to the Corporate Service Executive, MTN Nigeria, Mr. Wale Goodluck, there are only 12 expatriates working for the company in the country, compared to a workforce of 6,000 Nigerians.

Goodluck said, “So, if people go ahead with their threats to attack our facilities, what that means is that we may be forced to close down the business in Nigeria and about 6,000 Nigerians that make up 99 per cent of our workforce will be unemployed.

“Then, when you look at our support chain, we have about 500,000 Nigerians gainfully employed. So, boycotting our services simply means destroying so many other Nigerian businesses and making over 500,000 other Nigerians to lose their jobs.

“This business supports a lot of businesses across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Many of the businesses that are affiliated to South Africa are in the retail space, supporting the growth of Nigeria and employing so many Nigerians.”

He noted that the company had spent in excess of $15bn on capital expenditure growing the telecommunications business in Nigeria.

“We see no revenge of Xenophobia and we commend the role the Nigerian High Commissioner in South Africa has played; at least there has been no fatality on the part of any Nigerian,” Goodluck added.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/xenophobia-mtn-nigeria-warns-of-6000-job-losses/

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 10:05am On Apr 22, 2015
Henry120:

They won't be around. There won't be any photo sharing on the new place( except personal photos), and no weekly photos/ country photos thread.

The site is gone.

that's just sad. my favourite threads are the russian and chinese. it has helped me keep up with new technologies of their militaries.

i'll definitely miss it sha. and i hope the new site will develop to accomodate threads like MP.net
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2015
@THIZA....lol,who is talking about closing down MTN?,we are talking about nationalizing it!.
MTN made a tragic PR blunder when they threw empty threats at their largest customer base-Nigeria.We have GLOBACOMS and NITEL has been recently privatized,so as of today,Nigeria has two indigenous telecom giants ready to swallow up MTN.By nationalizing MTN,no job will be lost.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2015
EVarn:
@THIZA....lol,who is talking about closing down MTN?,we are talking about nationalizing it!.
MTN made a tragic PR blunder when they threw empty threats at their largest customer base-Nigeria.We have GLOBACOMS and NITEL has been recently privatized,so as of today,Nigeria has two indigenous telecom giants ready to swallow up MTN.By nationalizing MTN,no job will be lost.

You cannot nationalise what you don't have, that's a simple economics 101. Is either you kick them out and they go with whatever assert they have in Nigeria. It is from there you will have to establish your own company which you will have to nationalise. However, Jobs will be lost and the economy will be severely affected.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:19am On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

that's just sad. my favourite threads are the russian and chinese. it has helped me keep up with new technologies of their militaries.

Thats like saying the Special Olympics is your favorite form of Olympics.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 11:21am On Apr 22, 2015
EVarn:
Yes, nothing boosts investor confidence like the thought that your government will steal their investments

Good job Nigeria!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 11:59am On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

naaa... they are not africans. and they are far better than these zulu animals

but still, they have to be the smartest creature on the continent, would you say non-Africans are better than Africans, considering.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
mzilakazi:
You cannot nationalise what you don't have,that's a simple economics 101. Is either you kick them out and they go with whatever assert they have in Nigeria. It is from there you will have to establish your own company which you will have to nationalise.However,Jobs will be lost and the economy will be severely affected.
come now,surely you dont believe that we will ever let MTN flee Nigeria with bulging pockets after they siphoned billions of dollar through tyrannical market monopoly?.
When MTN first entered into the Nigerian market,they sold a SIM card for N37,000,until GLO{and later: Etisalat,Airtel,Starcomms,Visafone,and Nitel} fielded a stiff competition and they were forced to reduce the price to the current N100 per SIM.tell me,isnt that wickedness?,calculate the difference between N37000 and N100,it is N36900!,MTN recovered its starting capital in under 4 months of operation!.
We can and will nationalise MTN in its entirety if we want to.its simple economics.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Patchesagain:
Yes, nothing boosts investor confidence like the thought that your government will steal their investments
Good job Nigeria!
Every investor knows not to disobey the rules and guidelines of the host country.
South african companies have been disobeying simple market stipulations for years now,but we always let them off the hook because of our robust ties with SA.
If we nationalise MTN,investors will understand that we did it in favour of our national interests and it would also send a strong message that misbehaving in the country would attract severe consequences,thereby,bringing investors who are overzealous in making profits to line.
Moreover,Nigeria is one of the biggest and most attractive market in the world,nothing short of armageddon can discourage foreign investors from pouring in like hungry bees.afterall,when Former President Obasanjo nationalized the then British petroleum and named it African petroleum,nothing happened,heaven didnt fall down.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
Patchesagain:

Thats like saying the Special Olympics is your favorite form of Olympics.

good thing we are bound by our personal interests and opinions rather than what patches thinks. (even though myopic)

yeah.. i like the russian thread because a lot of their COIN videos and photos are posted there. and how the chinese are keeping up with their own military techs.

i doubt you even open those threads before spewing this rubbish.

the russian thread is the most viewed on MP.net

i don't need to follow the western threads. it's hardly updated and their military tech is all over the place

i really sorry for your lack of objectivity in reasoning. everything is still all about just fancy photoshoots to you south africans.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

good thing we are bound by our personal interests and opinions rather than what patches thinks. (even though myopic)

yeah.. i like the russian thread because a lot of their COIN videos and photos are posted there. and how the chinese are keeping up with their own military techs.

i doubt you even open those threads before spewing this rubbish.

the russian thread is the most viewed on MP.net

i don't need to follow the western threads. it's hardly updated and their military tech is all over the place

i really sorry for your lack of objectivity in reasoning. everything is still all about just fancy photoshoots to you south africans.

Nope, its about the best to us.

The best equipment, the best training, the best doctrine.

Apart for a handfull of SAM systems Russia has none of those things.

And china? Copy + Pasting old American tech interests no-one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
osystein:

but still, they have to be the smartest creature on the continent, would you say non-Africans are better than Africans, considering.

nope. i don't think they are the smartest on the continent. they managed to develop due to the massive assistance they got frim their european brothers. even at the time of sanctions britain, US, israel still protected them.

whether non-africans are smarter. i don't think so. environment helps alot in building potentials.

Nigerians for instance. we don't have the best rated universities in Nigeria but a Nigerian graduate who goes to a more developed country for his masters and further studies does better than alot of whites born and raised over there.(proof is everywhere).

but reverse is the case for these south africans.

the question should be why we don't have that environment. well, one thing that i know is killing our development in africa is tribalism.

but that's an argument for a different topic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
Patchesagain:

Nope, its about the best photos to us.

The best equipment, the best training, the best doctrine.

Apart for a handfull of SAM systems Russia has none of those things.

dude, you really need to work on your comprehension skills. you just look without reading.

do i sound like i'm arguing who's better?
fixed the first bolded for you.

as for the rest. good. keep your opinion
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

i'll definitely miss it sha. and i hope the new site will develop to accomodate threads like MP.net

Yeah..... The Russian thread is my absolute favourite. Their FSB and Alpha group photos are top draw. then these following threads respectively,
-Polish Special forces,
-U.S SOF,
-Turkish military thread ( the Turks have a very very developed Defence industry),
-German armed forces thread, although rarely updated,
- and French armed forces, French SOF, Operation serval.

These are my favourite threads.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
Henry120:

Yeah..... The Russian thread is my absolute favourite. Their FSB and Alpha group photos are top draw. then these following threads respectively,
-Polish Special forces,
-U.S SOF,
-Turkish military thread ( the Turks have a very very developed Defence industry),
-German armed forces thread, although rarely updated,
- and French armed forces, French SOF, Operation serval.

These are my favourite threads.

true that. i forgot to mention the last two. have them in my bookmarks too.

what do you think of the altay tank from turkey. i saw a video of the test on that thread and i just wished we could w hold of them
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

true that. i forgot to mention the last two. have them in my bookmarks too.

what do you think of the altay tank from turkey. i saw a video of the test on that thread and i just wished we could w hold of them

The Altay would be a great tank. The turks have one of the most advanced Defence industries in Europe. Looking at the Progress of the Altay, I expect it to be better than the Le'Clerc Tank.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
stillchris:

nope. i don't think they are the smartest on the continent. they managed to develop due to the massive assistance they got frim their european brothers. even at the time of sanctions britain, US, israel still protected them.

whether non-africans are smarter. i don't think so. environment helps alot in building potentials.

Nigerians for instance. we don't have the best rated universities in Nigeria but a Nigerian graduate who goes to a more developed country for his masters and further studies does better than alot of whites born and raised over there.(proof is everywhere).

but reverse is the case for these south africans.

the question should be why we don't have that environment. well, one thing that i know is killing our development in africa is tribalism.

but that's an argument for a different topic.

So why were their European brothers so advanced compared to Africans in the first place, why weren't Africans the ones assisting their African brothers develop in Europe.

Seeing that most AA are of igbo descent, why do they perform so badly compared to other groups in psychometric tests in the US. You can't really compare the top Nigerian students with the average cohort in the developed countries really.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Thiza:
I HOPE THESE NIGERIAN MUMUS READ THE FOLLOWING ATTACHMENT

MTN Nigeria on Monday warned that should there be attacks on its facilities, it might be forced to close shop and 99 per cent of its over 6,000 workforce in the country, who are Nigerians, would be thrown into the labour market.

It also said that calls for the boycott of its services were unjustified as such an action would affect its support chain, which could cause another 500,000 Nigerians to lose their means of livelihood.

The company stated this in Lagos some hours after two groups protested in its Abuja and Benin offices against the killing of foreigners in its home country, South Africa.

According to the Corporate Service Executive, MTN Nigeria, Mr. Wale Goodluck, there are only 12 expatriates working for the company in the country, compared to a workforce of 6,000 Nigerians.

Goodluck said, “So, if people go ahead with their threats to attack our facilities, what that means is that we may be forced to close down the business in Nigeria and about 6,000 Nigerians that make up 99 per cent of our workforce will be unemployed.

“Then, when you look at our support chain, we have about 500,000 Nigerians gainfully employed. So, boycotting our services simply means destroying so many other Nigerian businesses and making over 500,000 other Nigerians to lose their jobs.

“This business supports a lot of businesses across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Many of the businesses that are affiliated to South Africa are in the retail space, supporting the growth of Nigeria and employing so many Nigerians.”

He noted that the company had spent in excess of $15bn on capital expenditure growing the telecommunications business in Nigeria.

“We see no revenge of Xenophobia and we commend the role the Nigerian High Commissioner in South Africa has played; at least there has been no fatality on the part of any Nigerian,” Goodluck added.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/xenophobia-mtn-nigeria-warns-of-6000-job-losses/

Noise making based on fear grin grin

The telecoms market in Nigeria is not a monopoly controlled by MTN, it has many other competitors.

Nigerian telecoms giant Globacom will simply swallow up ALL MTN customers, transfer the peoples's phone numbers to Globacom network, and employ all the current MTN staff who are Nigerians into Globacom.

Globacom has always wanted to snatch away MTN's business, so this will be a great oppourtunity.

South Africa will be the loser big time, Nigeria will now be the big winner.

MTN....go away of you want to, Nigerian Globacom is willing to take over ALL your business, you think we Nigerian's are lazy xenephobes like you South Africans who cannot work and make money, no, we are smart people in Naija grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.