Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4442560 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) (2205) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:09pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Hey fool, we aren't only talking about engine.

The Rooivalk's engine, technology, components and sub components are all french.

There is nothing South-African about that Helicopter.

Same applies to allmost all helicopters

Its called Globilization
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:10pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

The Avionics in the Half-French AH is 30 years behind anything available in the market.

So you are just going to ignore the Mk1 upgrade?

Lol ok
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:11pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

The Half-french has Avionics that are 30 years behind what is available today. The software is obsolete. This is a fact.

That French Helicopter failed right from the word "go".

Ok, what evidence do you have to support this?

You are making statements

But i dont see any evidence
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:12pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

South-Africans are obsessed with Nigerian D1cks..... LOL gringringringringringrin...... I mean WTF!!!!!

One could almost have imagined President Jacob Zuma saying to the other African countries (Nigeria especially), “We’re the only country on the continent to build our own bad-ass ships. We’re the only country on the continent that can deploy soldiers and support aircraft anywhere on the continent. So who is your daddy?”

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-04-04-rooivalk-the-next-generation-mark-1/#.VWL_NjPRY8o

I see you have now completely ignored the Mk1 upgrade with off topic posting?

Try stay on topic

Try read sources

Try make educated posts
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:13pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Thanks for posting this link. It proves my point.

The Rooivalk has 30 years old obsolete avionics.

It’s been given a slight upgrade, incorporating “modifications to the weapons systems, avionics and airborne systems”.

"The chief of the South African Air Force General Carlo Gagiano said, “What is new is the Mokopa missile, which was test-fired at the Overberg range"

The only thing new is the mokopa missile which the SAAF still hasn't ordered!

Your Half-French AH is obsolete piece of crap with 30 years old avionics!! buhahahahahahaha....

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-04-04-rooivalk-the-next-generation-mark-1/#.VWL_NjPRY8o

Aaand now he is misquoting the artical

He is just trolling now
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:14pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Why are you South-Africans obsessed with Nigerian C0cks?

We are amazed at how tiny they are

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:15pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Your MK1 is still obsolete. Fighterpilot's link proves it only features slight uprades from the original obsolete Avionics.

"Thanks for posting this link. It proves my point.

The Rooivalk has 30 years old obsolete avionics.

It’s been given a slight upgrade, incorporating “modifications to the weapons systems, avionics and airborne systems”.

"The chief of the South African Air Force General Carlo Gagiano said, “What is new is the Mokopa missile, which was test-fired at the Overberg range"

The only thing new is the mokopa missile which the SAAF still hasn't ordered!

Yep

Trolling

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:17pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Australia, malaysia, indonesia, brazil, UK, turkey, jordan etc etc all rejected the Rooivalk.

Citations please!

I find it ironic

He makes fun of us for the "half french" attack helicopter which is known around the world

When all nigeria can make is an "american" LAV which most people dont know about
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:17pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

No, they do not!!

Australia got the Apache AH-64D
U.K also got the Apache AH-64D
Brazil went for the MI-35M (beautiful choice)
Turkey got the Super Advanced T-129 Atak
Malaysia also got the Apache AH-64

Nobody is calling pretoria, not even the SAAF which has only 10 in active service wants that obsolete French AH.

Who said the rooivalk was competeing in all those projects?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:19pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Nigeria flies the MI-35M, as well as up-graded MI-24v's and older MI-35p and 24V's. We fly top of the range birds.

The only reason Nigeria wants the T-129 is because the MI-35M doesn't allow network connectivity.

Your Half-french is obsolete piece of crap, this is a fact. You Poor gullible South-Africans should stop living in denial.

Your Rooivalk with a 2KM range cannon carried out operations in conjunction with the MI-35 helicopters. Bear in mind, the MI-35 Helicopters are the much much older variants.

How are your hinds top of the range?

How are they better than the rooivalk?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:20pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Cursing doesn't make your Rooivalk less obsolete!!

No, Denel uses not only engine parts, but entire dynamic systems, components and Sub-components from france.

It was rejected by Turkey, malaysia, UK, Australia, Brazil, and a host of other countries.

Who says its obsolete?

Who says it was involved in those bids?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:21pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

You fly the Super-Puma. The only difference is South-Africa Super-Puma got a name change and a medium sized fuselage.

Nigeria also flies the Super-Puma, we have 18 in service, but 6-8 are operational. You don't see us changing the name of our Super-Pumas because they now carry rocket tubes.

Embrace it, South-Africa flies the Super-puma.

So despite the fact that it has a competely different hull it is still a super puma?

Henry-becauseIsaySo-120
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:21pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

With 30 years old avionics...... Buhahahahaha

Because you say so?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:22pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

With empty heads like you in the SAAF, I'm not suprised SAAF is stuck with 9 pilots for 26 Gripens after 16 years.

You just cannot think!!

Are you lonely?

Is that why you are trolling this forum?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:23pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

NAF has 6 delivered, and another 6 to be delivered.

The Rooivalk avionics are 30 years behind what any other AH carries. The Rooivalk is obsolete, this is a generally accepted fact!

Your Half-french AH and the MI-35 both attacked their targets concurrently.

Yes, it is the older MI-35p. All new models feature fixed landing gear, FLIR and Forward looking infrared and a co-axial chin mounted 20mm.

And yet the Rooivalk with "30 year old avionics" beat the Apache and Tiger in tbe Turkish bid?

Yeah, think about what you are saying
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:25pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

If you also read correctly, you would see that the "cursing" I used was in general terms you fvcktard!!

All evidence need on the Half-french AH has been provided. All evidence shows the Half-french is at-least 90% French.

You have yet to prove anything

I keep asking for proof and you keep avoiding giving it to me

All we get are proclemations from Henry-becauseIsaySo-120
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:25pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Difference is, South-Africa chose a medium sized fuselage, then proceeded to name change.

Lmfao!!!

Does the oryx use the same fuselage as the super puma?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:26pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

The Targets were engaged concurrently, and it was older Ukrainian, not Indian Hinds that attacked the Targets.

They both targeted M23 in the same mission.

Henry-BecauseIsaySo-120 strikes again
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:27pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

Nope, copied everything from the Super Puma.

Guys, its true because he says so
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:28pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

older Ukrainian Hinds.

I keep looking and re-reading your post

I cant find a citation

Care to show me one?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:29pm On May 26, 2015
jln115:

What? Did you miss the part were it said it had different avionics, different EW kit and much better performance.

Because it doesnt suit his argument

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:32pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

South-Africa did not design that Half-french Helicopter. An obsolete Helicopter with 30 years old dinosaur avionics nobody wants.

It states clearly that the Half-french is dependent on the French for it's systems, sub-systems and general components.

Go read my link.

Your link is an outdated opinion peice from when the rooivalk was still in development

It holds no weight here

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:32pm On May 26, 2015
Henry120:

That Hind only got delivered, and wasn't part of the mission.

Let me guess... Because you say so?

Face it, you said some stupi.d sh1t and you got fvcken wrecked
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:30pm On May 26, 2015
jln115:

I posted multiple photos of your opv's leaving Simonstown and sailing on their own on the other thread, they were definitively not being towed from Cape town to Nigeria.

You know why I always say you are the duumbest white boy I ever met in recent times? .....because you think like someone who entered university with impersonator/mercenary helping you tpo write your exams.

Nigerian OPVs leaving Simmons town, OPVs....plural, more than one, F-91 is just one ship and the contract terms is that she will be 100% built in China and sail around the world before arriving Nigeria, and that was what happened, so what garbage are you spewing here? Who told you Nigeria will build F91 and tug boat her to Lagos? You drafted and signed that agreement inside your house? Fooool . LOL.

Meanwhile F-92 is still in China at last sighting, except you personally sailed it to your bathroom tub at home. Mumuuuu. LOL

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:31pm On May 26, 2015
patches689:

Implying the project has been operational for all 23 years

Yes on paper, Broject Biro lives on paper gathering dust for 23 years. LOL

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:35pm On May 26, 2015
patches689:

Your missile can only be launched from a drone - easy target

Ours can be launched from Gripen or Hawk

Ours has a bigger warhead than your missile

Your only PGM is a mere bomb, and even a Shilka will s.hoot it down, not to even mention a Roland missile that wastes bombs like Baygon wastes mosquitoes. Your bombs are useless as they get easily b.lown out of the s.ky. LOL
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:36pm On May 26, 2015
lionel4power:
A riddle guys...
What do you get when u re-arrange a french super puma helicopter's component in SA?

Oryx
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lionel4power(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2015
AugustineAgain:

Oryx
smart kid or better still a roovalk
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:50pm On May 26, 2015
patches689:

T-84 is t-80

T-80 is a year 1970s tank. T-84 is called Oplot and is a year 2000s tank.

The guns are different.

The engines are different.

The armour is different.

The country of origin is different.

The manufacturing company is different.

The range and speed are different.

The fire control is different.

T-80 has no anti-missile countermeasures, T-84 has Varta anti-missile counter measures.

T-80 is a 2nd generation tank with ERA armour, T-84 is a 3rd generation tank with PASSIVE armour.

....and the list of differences is endless.

Only a South African whose brain fits at the 2nd bottom level of the world's brain power table, will say that will all the differences, the

T-80 = T-84 tank.

LOL.....I don't blame you all, ya brains really fried in Soweto oil. lol

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:52pm On May 26, 2015
patches689:

So you are just going to ignore the Mk1 upgrade?

Lol ok

List the upgrade details and the dates they were made, so we can know how modern the Rooivalk is today 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:57pm On May 26, 2015
patches689:

We are amazed at how tiny they are

Bwhahahaaha. LOL.

Not quite, the report was comparing South African military adventure around Africa with that of Nigeria.

Why did you not use Zimbabwe as your comparison standard? Why use Nigeria's achievement to measure South African performance?

Sure you navy is still weeping cups full of tears about the shame they had to endure when Nigeria commanded South African SAS Drakensberg warship to leave west Africa or be tormented, and your ship was afraid of ordinary Alpha jets.....sailed back to Simons town ASAP ! LOL.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 6:00pm On May 26, 2015
patches689:

I keep looking and re-reading your post

I cant find a citation

Care to show me one?

He is correct, Ukraine used old Hinds in Congo. I posted the citation for him, I don't know why I got banned for it. Ukraine flies Mi-24V and Mi-24P Hinds, they are just planning upgrade for 2014-2015, still trying to raise the money for upgrade from donations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) (2204) (2205) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.